50% off Heavy Rain Director's Cut, GameStop PUR only. EXP: 4/24

Just FYI: free shipping kicks in at $25, and Heavy Rain counts as the pre-discount price of $19.99. Throw on Red Faction Armageddon for XBox or PS3 at $5.99 for free shipping. Keep it if you want, or don't. ;)

I bought this game for $9.99 two BF ago I believe at GS.
This is a very interesting thriller, I still have to finish it.
I was playing it w/ the move when I got it.

Pre-Ordered with Soul Sacrifice to use SAVER.. hopefully I can cancel/switch to store pickup for the pre-order. I don't want to wait 2 weeks for it to ship!

You have got to be shitting me after having this in my radar forever I finally caved and bought a used copy with the bday coupon 9 days ago aka 2 days past the return date ...

[quote name='NEP']Pre-Ordered with Soul Sacrifice to use SAVER.. hopefully I can cancel/switch to store pickup for the pre-order. I don't want to wait 2 weeks for it to ship![/QUOTE]

GameStop doesn't let you switch online pre-orders to in-store. You have to pre-order at the actual store, and pick it up at that very same store.

You should cancel your pre-order and then put down at least $5 at the GameStop of your choosing if you don't want to wait for shipping.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']GameStop doesn't let you switch online pre-orders to in-store. You have to pre-order at the actual store, and pick it up at that very same store.

You should cancel your pre-order and then put down at least $5 at the GameStop of your choosing if you don't want to wait for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thats a bummer. I'll cancel the pre-order as soon as they ship Heavy Rain so it doesn't end up causing funny business with my order.

can you do the ship to home order from in store for this? Everything around heres probably a gut, but i usually have no issues ordering in store for ship to home.

Just not sure if it will apply the $10 price if i do that

I know where I'm going for lunch tomorrow/today. Liked the game but it was the vanilla version, ready for the directors cut and interested in how the move support holds up.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Picked this up in store, but the guy made me preorder Beyond Two Souls to get it. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I bought the HR: Director's Cut a couple weeks ago, and so far whenever I try to pause the game (pressing start), a screen comes up telling me that my Playstation Move camera is disconnected (even though I started a game specifically using the wireless controller and not the Move). When this screen comes up I can't unpause or do anything except quit the game and go back in and load my game back up. This is very irritating because I hit pause to go use the bathroom and came back and had to yet again quit the game, all because I hit the pause button. I'm not sure if there's a way to stop this from happening, but I've looked online in message boards and I haven't found anyone with the same problem.

Going to pick this up today. Quick question about the PUR program, on the site it says you need to sign up in store, then activate on the site, would this mean I have to go to the store, go home and activate, then go back to pick it up, or do they let you get the discount upon signing up?

[quote name='nhlducks35']Question for people who got a sealed copy--does it come with any codes for the DLC and themes? Or is that stuff on the disc?[/QUOTE]

After a few YouTube videos. All the DLC is on disc and you download the content from the PS3's XMB.

I got my copy today. Of course it was gutted. The GameStop employee asked if I wanted scratch/protective disc warranty and I said no. He asked whether I wanted to preorder a couple of games and I said no. He scanned my PowerUp card and it knocked it to $10. He was quite surprised and he asked me whether I knew this prior to coming into the store. I said sort of. And he said wow. In definitely going to purchase the last copy we have before I leave today, lol.

Good times.

[quote name='xlost4']After a few YouTube videos. All the DLC is on disc and you download the content from the PS3's XMB.

I got my copy today. Of course it was gutted. The GameStop employee asked if I wanted scratch/protective disc warranty and I said no. He asked whether I wanted to preorder a couple of games and I said no. He scanned my PowerUp card and it knocked it to $10. He was quite surprised and he asked me whether I knew this prior to coming into the store. I said sort of. And he said wow. In definitely going to purchase the last copy we have before I leave today, lol.

Good times.[/QUOTE]

I thought they only gut the display copy, which would normally be the last copy. It'd suck if the last copy was actually factory sealed.

[quote name='Gideon68']I thought they only gut the display copy, which would normally be the last copy. It'd suck if the last copy was actually factory sealed.[/QUOTE]

Nope. The last copy also was gutted. It's cool though. I still got the manual, the disk and the case is in perfect condition. I'm not complaining. Glad I got this game though. It was one of the reasons I wanted a PS3 a few years ago.

Got a sealed copy. I was not a PUR member. Just went in store, kindly waited on him while the employee finished his telephone call. I asked to be a PUR member on the spot, but just the free membership. He tried to upgrade me to the PRO one, to which i declined and he gave me the most disappointed look i've ever seen.

Then i asked him for a new sealed copy of heavy rain. Got the "surprised effect" as the other posters here mentioned.

Walked away contemplating on the different ranges of emotion of a gamestop employee. From happy to disappointed and shock in a span of mins. I was planning to cancel my preorder of The Last of Us and see anger, but i'll postpone that for some other day.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']Difference between the director's cut and original version? I beat it a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

Director's Cut is the complete" version of the game, which includes the only piece of downloadable content, The Taxidermist, as well as the soundtrack, Playstation Move support, eight making-of videos, three dynamic themes, fifteen pieces of concept art, and two bonus trailers. Also having the Playstation Greatest Hits label and bearing the red box.

Stuck on the fence on this one, man...I can't tell if I'd actually *enjoy* (operative word: ENJOY) it. LA Noire didn't do it for me...

[quote name='breakfuss']Stuck on the fence on this one, man...I can't tell if I'd actually *enjoy* (operative word: ENJOY) it. LA Noire didn't do it for me...[/QUOTE]

Same here and if you are comparing it to LA Noire than thats a bad sign already. I hate that game.

Heavy Rain isn't for anyone, just one of those rare gems that comes once or maybe twice in a console life cycle that's totally different from anything out there now..I would recommend looking on online videos to see if it's for you. For those who are..you wont be disappointed..My personal favorite game for this gen

[quote name='kart007k']Then I would highly recommend playing more games on PS3.[/QUOTE]

:lol:. I agree with you on this is not really a game. But, there are people who play games for the gameplay and there are people who play games for the story. He's the latter.

I'm big time into adventure type games and visual novels and such. Seems like the type of offer I wanted to get me to get this (They didn't have it when I did BF last year or the year before when it was 15). Not bad and I hope I enjoy the game a bunch!

[quote name='zerobscure']Walked away contemplating on the different ranges of emotion of a gamestop employee. From happy to disappointed and shock in a span of mins. I was planning to cancel my preorder of The Last of Us and see anger, but i'll postpone that for some other day.[/QUOTE]

Don't want to break his heart.

My GameStop only has gutted copies and pre-owned unless it's release day. It's a nice place, but they're screwed by their inventory. One whole box of their shipment also got sent somewhere else on release day for one of their games. The poor employee looked like he was on the edge of a panic attack.

I probably will wait for an online order. It sucks that the 15% coupon got discontinued.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Picked this up in store, but the guy made me preorder Beyond Two Souls to get it. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: That's so dumb I don't even know what to say. Sorry it happened to you, but, damn.

Just to throw it out there, concerning the employee who made UberSwiss pre-order Beyond: Two Souls, in the e-mail I got last night for this deal, the way it was advertised is you get Heavy Rain for $9.99 when you pre-order Beyond. I could be wrong on this, but that is what I recall seeing it as. Maybe the ad in-stores references this as well, and the guy was a n00b and made it happen.

Just called customer service and they told me you do NOT have to pre-order anything to get this deal. Even online on their site it doesn't mention having to pre-order anything. fuck gamestop employees.

Got a sealed copy, signed up for the free PUR card and discount was applied on the spot. The GameStop employee did mention the benefits of the paid PUR card and asked what games I was looking forward to and tried to get me to preorder them, but for the most part it was one of the better GameStop experiences I've had. Anyway thanks OP, been watching ebay, amazon, etc for a used copy at this price, so getting it new was perfect.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Well, I asked about the deal and mentioned I saw it online, and he told me if I want it in store I would need to preorder that game. I asked if he could try to take off the preorder after Heavy Rain was showing $9.99 and he insisted multiple times it would bring the total back to $19.99. I was in a hurry so I didn't feel like arguing past that.[/QUOTE]

Report him, fraudulent numbers shouldn't be praised.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']My gamestop guy said you HAD to pre-order a game specifically "beyond two souls" or something like that... is that true?[/QUOTE]

No it's not true, report the employee.

[quote name='breakfuss']Stuck on the fence on this one, man...I can't tell if I'd actually *enjoy* (operative word: ENJOY) it. LA Noire didn't do it for me...[/QUOTE]

I tried it used once and hated it. No patience for it. I jusr found it tedious. If the gameplay isnt there for me in a game I couldnt care less about what else it does well.

I'd cancel my online order and grab one in store if Boston wasn't on freaking lockdown!

No way to get into town with all the public transportation closed. : (

[quote name='THT']Just to throw it out there, concerning the employee who made UberSwiss pre-order Beyond: Two Souls, in the e-mail I got last night for this deal, the way it was advertised is you get Heavy Rain for $9.99 when you pre-order Beyond. I could be wrong on this, but that is what I recall seeing it as. Maybe the ad in-stores references this as well, and the guy was a n00b and made it happen.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly how I read the deal from the email, that you had to pre-order to get it at $9.99. Then I read on CAG that you don't have to pre-order anything. Was not planning on getting this game, but at $9.99 I couldn't pass up this deal. I was lucky to get a sealed copy. Thanks OP.

local store had a couple of sealed copies, this is a must buy at this price if you have not played it! I picked up 2 one for me and one for a gift

bread's done
Back