50% off sale again 04/26-04/27 at K-Mart YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
I stopped in a K-Mart today because they had another 2-day sale going on. It didn't look like the 2-day sale included any video games this time, but the clerk told me they would be having their 50% off sale again this weekend. So, I'm guessing this will include all the usual suspects from previous K-Mart sales.

I cleaned up the list from the last 50% off sale (probably a lot of the same titles this time around):

DS:
Ping Pals $15
Sprung $15

GBA:
Castlevania Classic $8
Castlevania:Circle Of The Moon (Regular Clearance) $8
Digimon Rumble Racing $20
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance $18
Fire Emblem $15
Golden Sun: Lost Age $10
Gundam Seed $15
Hamtaro $10
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland $15
Legend Of Zelda: Link To The Past $15
Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King
Mario Party -e $2
Megaman Battle Network $20
Metal Slug Advance
Metroid Zero Mission $15
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time $10
Sonic Advance 2 $15
Starsky & Hutch
Super Street Fighter 2 $18
Sword Of Mana
Wing Commander Prophecy
Xevious Classic

GCN:
1080 Avalanche $25
Animal Crossing - non PC $10
Baten Kaitos $25
Custom Robo $20
F-Zero GX $10
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life $15
Mario Party 4/ Wavebird $35
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit $10
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within $25
Soul Calibur 2 $10
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II - PC $10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus $20
The Sims - PC
Tiger Woods 2004 $15
Tiger Woods 2005 $15
Turok Evolution $3
Viewtiful Joe 2 $10
Wario Ware
Wario World $10

PS1:
Billiards
FF Origins $10
FF Tactics $10
Syphon Filter 2 $8
Tekken 3

PS2:
.Hack 3: Outbreak $10
Amplitude $10
Ape Escape 2 $10
Athens 2004 PS2
Backyard Wrestling 2 $15
Batman Rise Of Sin Tzu $10
Beyond Good & Evil
BloodRayne 2 $15
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Bujingai
Castlevania : Lament Of Innocence $8
Dark Cloud $10
Dark Cloud 2 $15
Dead To Rights $10
Devil May Cry non-GH $25
EyeToy Groove w/o Camera
Final Fantasy X $10
Final Fantasy XI w/Hard Drive
Galactic Wrestling
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack $20
Hitman 2 $10
ICO
Jak 2 $10
Jak and Daxter
Karaoke Revolution Vol 2 $20
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact $15
Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King $10
Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
Medal Of Honor Rising Sun $20
Medal Of Honor: Frontline
Megaman X Command Mission $20
MegaMan X8 $20
Metal Arms $10
Monster Hunter $15
Onimusha 3 $8
Ratchet & Clank
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X $25
Rise To Honor
Robotech Invasion $20
Rocky Legends $10
Rumble Roses $20
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shaman King $15
Siren $20
SOCOM II
Socom w/ headset $10
Splinter Cell $10
Spy Hunter $4
Street Fighter Anniversary $15
Strike Force Bowling
Suikoden III $10
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain $20
Tak (not certain which)
Tekken 4 $10
Tiger Woods 2005 $21
Transformers $10
Turok Evolution
Vietcong: Purple Haze $20
Wild Arms 3 $10
Wipeout Fusion $3
Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist Of The Rose $8

Xbox:
Amped
Backyard Wrestling 2 $15
Blinx $10
Blinx 2 $10
BloodRayne 2 $15
Chronicles Of Riddick $15
Conflict Vietnam $20
Counter Strike $10
Dead Or Alive 3 $10
Enter The Matrix -PH $10
Hitman 2 $10
Mech Assault
Medal Of Honor (not sure which one)
Men Of Valor $20
Metal Slug 3
Mortal Kombat: Deception LE $25
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Outrun 2 $10
Project: Snowblind (uncertain) $25
Rainbow Six 3
Robotech Invasion $20
Silent Hill 2 non -PH $25
Splinter Cell $10
SSX3 $10
Street Racing Syndicate
Tetris Worlds/Star Wars Clone Wars Combo $25
Thief: Deadly Shadows $15
TOCA 2 (regular edition) $15
Vietcong: Purple Haze $20

Unknown:
Beyond Good & Evil $10
Hitman Contracts $15
Megaman Command Network $20
MX Unleashed $10
Rainbow Six 3 $10
Rogue Ops
Shellshock: Nam '67 $20
Simpsons Hit & Run $10

Finally. I took time out my NY trip last time they had this sale to go to the Penn Station KMart, where they had the MP4/Wavebird bundle ... but it didn't ring up half off! That's the second trip to KMart I've wasted trying to get that, and this will be the last one.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I hope the selection at my local K-mart completely sucks so I'm not tempted to buy anything. :)[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel although it won't be too bad if I only find one game I've been after on this sale that I can't pass up at 50% off :)

Thanks for the heads up OP as I was thinking that they might have this coming up this weekend as it's the last chance to do the weekend bluelight thing this month

Go today. I don't know if it's chainwide but when I was working a couple days ago, I saw a flyer advertising 2 for $20 games today only. It said they were normally $19.99 but I have no idea what games this included. Might be worth checking out and sorry about not posting it before, I totally forgot about it.

I posted this on another thread, but thought I'd post it here too since it's the same topic:

I just got back from K-Mart to see what was part of the 2 for $20 video game sale. Shockingly, the employee in electronics showed me the master list they received. The list of 2 for $20 is very very small. The ones I remembered are:

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (PS2/GC/XB)
Spider-Man (PS2/GC/XB)
SSX 3 (PS2/GC/XB)
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (PS2/GC/XB)
Blinx: The Time Sweeper (XB)
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (PS2/GC/XB)
The Sims (PS2/GC/XB)
The Sims: Bustin' Out (PS2/GC/XB)
MVP Baseball 2004 (PS2/GC/XB)

I picked up Spongebob & Splinter Cell for $10 a piece. They actually rang up $10 individually when she priced the first one and before the second rang up, so maybe you can just buy one for $10.

Those prices are April 19 ONLY! K-Mart is open until 10pm if there's anything on that list you'd pay $10 for. Oh, and my receipt had the "Stores Open Early Sat & Sun Only!" on them, so maybe there's another sale.

Today's also my birthday! Woo Hoo! Didn't get any games though, but that's fine since I have a ton I haven't even played yet.

man why didnt you guys post this earlier today >.< i was in the vicinity of kmart but didnt have a need to go there... i've been looking for splinter cell 1 on the cheap for a couple months now

Noooo! No more... I can't take it. Just beat Baten Kaitos after putting in 60 hours last night. I'm drained. I can't take any more games! eep! Seriously, though, hope some of the people who missed out on the last two sales get to take part this time. Good hunting everyone.

I was just at K-mart today and they didn't have any videogames out but I did find Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003(XBox) for $2.99. It was a clearance item w/ a yellow sticker price from $29.99 to $2.99.

Reality's Fringe said:
Hopefully Baten Kaitos will be on the sale list this week. $25=I needs it.

If you want a Baten Kaitos then I know that Gamecrazy has dropped their prices to 19.99. You might wanna check it out and see if they have any if there is a Gamecrazy in your area.

And maybe either we can compile a list of games from previous sales or maybe a mod or the OP can copy the list from the previous sales.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']man why didnt you guys post this earlier today >.< i was in the vicinity of kmart but didnt have a need to go there... i've been looking for splinter cell 1 on the cheap for a couple months now[/QUOTE]

Splinter Cell 1 was part of the last three K-Mart 50% off sales and came out to $10, so if they have another one, I'm sure it will be as well. Surprisingly, my K-Mart still had a lot of the non-Greatest Hits & non-Platinum Hits versions.

I'm the one who mentioned Animal Crossing (Non-PC) last sale and I'm pretty sure (80%) sure that its YMMV. The reason being I saw it at only one of the K-marts I went to and they only had one copy, plus the PC versions were definately NOT part of the sale. Don't want to get anybody's hopes up for next time around. Also, here's hoping we get some more fresh titles in the batch this time. Happy hunting everyone.

[quote name='Scorch']Holy unorganized list..

I said it last time, so i'll say it this time as well. It was for both PS2 and XBox.[/QUOTE]

I'm working on organizing it.

The first time I went to one of these sales was in January, and it was a 60% off, not 50% off, sale. (Metroid Prime + Wavebird for $16? Aw yeah.) I don't know how often they come around.

[quote name='seanw']The first time I went to one of these sales was in January, and it was a 60% off, not 50% off, sale. (Metroid Prime + Wavebird for $16? Aw yeah.) I don't know how often they come around.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, it was 60%. Subsequent sales were 50% off, where the MP/WB bundle were $20.

Dangit, whoever I saw hoarding games at the Arvada Colorado (hey, it could be one of you) K-mart last time around, leave some freaking games this time around please.

Man, I hope I can pick up some good games this time... I'd like to have all of the NES Classics games and the 50% sale is probably the best way to do it.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='CaptainSOC44']When does K-mart open so I can get first dibs on games. Don't worry I won't be greedy.[/QUOTE]

My local K-mart opens at 9 in the morning, but it's really depended on where you live. There are some that open at 8 and others that open at 10 I believe.

I checked the company printed ad that we are passing out for the sale this weekend. It's could still be YMMV but it DOES NOT say we are having 50% off any video games. It's green and white and most of it is to promote the Lawn and Garden stuff for spring/summer. Just wanted to give people a heads up.

[quote name='ChaosZero']No wal-mart nearby... can someone pick up Castlevania:Circle Of The Moon for me this weekend? It would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn we're talking about K-Mart....

[quote name='moojuice']Dangit, whoever I saw hoarding games at the Arvada Colorado (hey, it could be one of you) K-mart last time around, leave some freaking games this time around please.[/QUOTE]
Hey, another CO CAG...might your K-mart have castlevania:CotM? :D

FWIW, Wario Ware was $15 when I bought it during this sale. Also, any remaining Metroid Prime/Wavebrind combos should be $20.

[quote name='seanw']FWIW, Wario Ware was $15 when I bought it during this sale. Also, any remaining Metroid Prime/Wavebrind combos should be $20.[/QUOTE]

I missed the last sale but shopped at my Kmart the day after . . . Wario Ware was marked clearance in the sale bin for $10 . . . so it would have been $5 . . . SHAQ FU! With the knowledge that it had been $5, I couldn't then buy it for $10! I guess it's gone now but will try to stop by on Sat.

[quote name='oleander']Hey, another CO CAG...might your K-mart have castlevania:CotM? :D[/QUOTE]

Don't recal seeing it, but then again, I havent really been looking for any GBA games. What part of Colo you live in?

BTW, Metroid Prime is not POX at EB . . . so you can get $10 for the game on a trade-in deal ($13.33 on the dead PSP game deal--which I miss).

If you want to be really evil, return the game itself . . . oddly, the UPC for the game is scanned for the transaction . . . and get the Wavebird for free. I did this with one of mine, mainly because I wanted to see if it would work.

Very poor behavior on my part.

For the people that got games at the last K-Mart sale, did you have them price check the games? Because all the games in my K-Marts are behind the glass cases and they are standing up with the spine facing out so I can't see their outdated price tags. I hate shopping at K-Mart.

[quote name='schultzed']I'd say that its basically accepted that Kmart is the worst retailer in the nation.[/QUOTE]
I agree. Its looked the same for 20 years(dated, I feel like I'm back in the 70's when I walk in) and its prices suck. Also they have poor service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back