50% off sale again 04/26-04/27 at K-Mart YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
I stopped in a K-Mart today because they had another 2-day sale going on. It didn't look like the 2-day sale included any video games this time, but the clerk told me they would be having their 50% off sale again this weekend. So, I'm guessing this will include all the usual suspects from previous K-Mart sales.

I cleaned up the list from the last 50% off sale (probably a lot of the same titles this time around):

DS:
Ping Pals $15
Sprung $15

GBA:
Castlevania Classic $8
Castlevania:Circle Of The Moon (Regular Clearance) $8
Digimon Rumble Racing $20
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance $18
Fire Emblem $15
Golden Sun: Lost Age $10
Gundam Seed $15
Hamtaro $10
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland $15
Legend Of Zelda: Link To The Past $15
Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King
Mario Party -e $2
Megaman Battle Network $20
Metal Slug Advance
Metroid Zero Mission $15
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time $10
Sonic Advance 2 $15
Starsky & Hutch
Super Street Fighter 2 $18
Sword Of Mana
Wing Commander Prophecy
Xevious Classic

GCN:
1080 Avalanche $25
Animal Crossing - non PC $10
Baten Kaitos $25
Custom Robo $20
F-Zero GX $10
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life $15
Mario Party 4/ Wavebird $35
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit $10
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within $25
Soul Calibur 2 $10
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II - PC $10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus $20
The Sims - PC
Tiger Woods 2004 $15
Tiger Woods 2005 $15
Turok Evolution $3
Viewtiful Joe 2 $10
Wario Ware
Wario World $10

PS1:
Billiards
FF Origins $10
FF Tactics $10
Syphon Filter 2 $8
Tekken 3

PS2:
.Hack 3: Outbreak $10
Amplitude $10
Ape Escape 2 $10
Athens 2004 PS2
Backyard Wrestling 2 $15
Batman Rise Of Sin Tzu $10
Beyond Good & Evil
BloodRayne 2 $15
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Bujingai
Castlevania : Lament Of Innocence $8
Dark Cloud $10
Dark Cloud 2 $15
Dead To Rights $10
Devil May Cry non-GH $25
EyeToy Groove w/o Camera
Final Fantasy X $10
Final Fantasy XI w/Hard Drive
Galactic Wrestling
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack $20
Hitman 2 $10
ICO
Jak 2 $10
Jak and Daxter
Karaoke Revolution Vol 2 $20
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact $15
Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King $10
Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers
Medal Of Honor Rising Sun $20
Medal Of Honor: Frontline
Megaman X Command Mission $20
MegaMan X8 $20
Metal Arms $10
Monster Hunter $15
Onimusha 3 $8
Ratchet & Clank
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X $25
Rise To Honor
Robotech Invasion $20
Rocky Legends $10
Rumble Roses $20
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shaman King $15
Siren $20
SOCOM II
Socom w/ headset $10
Splinter Cell $10
Spy Hunter $4
Street Fighter Anniversary $15
Strike Force Bowling
Suikoden III $10
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain $20
Tak (not certain which)
Tekken 4 $10
Tiger Woods 2005 $21
Transformers $10
Turok Evolution
Vietcong: Purple Haze $20
Wild Arms 3 $10
Wipeout Fusion $3
Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist Of The Rose $8

Xbox:
Amped
Backyard Wrestling 2 $15
Blinx $10
Blinx 2 $10
BloodRayne 2 $15
Chronicles Of Riddick $15
Conflict Vietnam $20
Counter Strike $10
Dead Or Alive 3 $10
Enter The Matrix -PH $10
Hitman 2 $10
Mech Assault
Medal Of Honor (not sure which one)
Men Of Valor $20
Metal Slug 3
Mortal Kombat: Deception LE $25
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Outrun 2 $10
Project: Snowblind (uncertain) $25
Rainbow Six 3
Robotech Invasion $20
Silent Hill 2 non -PH $25
Splinter Cell $10
SSX3 $10
Street Racing Syndicate
Tetris Worlds/Star Wars Clone Wars Combo $25
Thief: Deadly Shadows $15
TOCA 2 (regular edition) $15
Vietcong: Purple Haze $20

Unknown:
Beyond Good & Evil $10
Hitman Contracts $15
Megaman Command Network $20
MX Unleashed $10
Rainbow Six 3 $10
Rogue Ops
Shellshock: Nam '67 $20
Simpsons Hit & Run $10

[quote name='moojuice']Don't recal seeing it, but then again, I havent really been looking for any GBA games. What part of Colo you live in?[/QUOTE]
SW Denver- almost Littleton, but not quite

[quote name='seanw']FWIW, Wario Ware was $15 when I bought it during this sale. Also, any remaining Metroid Prime/Wavebrind combos should be $20.[/QUOTE]

Picked one up today - was 29.99.

Don't we have any CAG insiders at K-Mart who can get us a fresh list with all the new games that might be on sale Saturday? Pretty much all the decent titles on the original list are cleaned out from all the K-marts nearby. They can't keep recycling the same old list... or can they? (This is afterall, K-mart...)

[quote name='d4nn']Great, I'll be checking it tomorrow Friday afternoon =D good stuff[/QUOTE]

Why? A 2 day sale is Saturday and Sunday..

[quote name='tcrash247']For the people that got games at the last K-Mart sale, did you have them price check the games? Because all the games in my K-Marts are behind the glass cases and they are standing up with the spine facing out so I can't see their outdated price tags. I hate shopping at K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Sometimes they forget (or don't see) some of the titles to put out. For example, Sprung wasn't put out, but was part of the sale; all they had to do was scan it, and it'd come up at the right price.

But there are restrictions on certain titles, so it might be that one version of a title is on sale, but not another. (For example the non-PC Animal Crossings were in the last sale, but the ones printed with the Player's Choice labeling weren't.)

[quote name='Kulock']Yeah. Sometimes they forget (or don't see) some of the titles to put out. For example, Sprung wasn't put out, but was part of the sale; all they had to do was scan it, and it'd come up at the right price.

But there are restrictions on certain titles, so it might be that one version of a title is on sale, but not another. (For example the non-PC Animal Crossings were in the last sale, but the ones printed with the Player's Choice labeling weren't.)[/QUOTE]

Where are all the Kmart employees? There is still some doubt as to whether or not this clearance sale includes video games, at all. I would imagine that the same prices would apply as this has now been happening the past few months, but I'd love confirmation so as not to bust my hump to go to Kmart on a Saturday morning. Of all tortures.

[quote name='mdm']Is Hamtaro the Ham Ham Games one or one of the stupid ones?[/QUOTE]

"Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games" was the one that was part of the last two 50% off sales. I bought it for $15 during the sale, but kind of regret paying that much for it. It was okay, but after I played through it once, I doubt I'll ever play it again. It's definitely more suited for young children.

I put it on my trade list in complete like new condition since I don't plan to play it ever again.

[quote name='mdm']So is this confirmed as bunk yet?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone truly knows, but there is a high chance that there is going to be one this weekend. Just wait out till tomorrow.

[quote name='shipwreck']I stopped in a K-Mart today because they had another 2-day sale going on. It didn't look like the 2-day sale included any video games this time, but the clerk told me they would be having their 50% off sale again this weekend. So, I'm guessing this will include all the usual suspects from previous K-Mart sales.

I cleaned up the list from the last 50% off sale (probably a lot of the same titles this time around):

GBA:
Metal Slug Advance $15

GCN:
Metroid Prime / Wavebird $20
Star Fox Adventures $10 (supposedly with free guide, if still available)
Wario Ware $15

PS2:
Bujingai $20
Final Fantasy XI w/Hard Drive $50

Xbox:
Amped $10/$11
Mech Assault $10/$11
Metal Slug 3 $15

Rainbow Six 3 $10[/quote]

Shipwreck, I added in the items above, from the prices I remember them being at the last few times I was at KMart during the Bluelight sale.

Checked what I modified, and add 'em to your OP.

Damn only have $16 left from this week's lunch money. What should I buy with $16? Maybe I can get $26, not sure though.

I went to K-mart today to see what time they open so I can get in early and I saw that they were putting on games onto a rack, it looked like the same rack as the last 50 percent off sale.
I only saw some games, it wasn't fully shelved though.

(These games that might be on the supposed sale)

I saw:

Driver 3 (xbox) but it was still marked at 49.99 I believ
Blinx 1 and 2 (19.99)
Athens 2004 (PS2) Price unknown
Bloodrayne 2 (Ps2) 19.99 I think
Backyard Wrestling 2 (Xbox) Price unKNown)
Chronicles of Riddick (xbox) 19.99
Jak II (ps2) 19.99

Some GBA videos and games

I was just at K-Mart tonight and saw the advertisement for the Saturday & Sunday sale. It was a two-sided pamphlet and the sale was entirely home & garden and Martha Stewart Living items. I did not see video games mentioned anywhere in the ad, and I thoroughly looked it over a couple of times to be sure. That's not to say they won't be on sale, it's just not mentioned in the advertisement.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I was just at K-Mart tonight and saw the advertisement for the Saturday & Sunday sale. It was a two-sided pamphlet and the sale was entirely home & garden and Martha Stewart Living items. I did not see video games mentioned anywhere in the ad, and I thoroughly looked it over a couple of times to be sure. That's not to say they won't be on sale, it's just not mentioned in the advertisement.[/QUOTE]

I think when I've noticed those ads you mentioned from previous sales THEY NEVER mentioned Video Games on sale....I just wonder if I should bother to look this weekend at my depleted store........

^^^Actually, during the last three K-Mart 50% to 60% off video game sales, they did mention video games in the ads. It was in small print in the middle of the ads all three times, but it was there, just like the 2 for $20 video games was in small print on April 19th's ad. Ever since that first 60% off sale, I always check every K-Mart ad very closely just to be sure. I guess we'll just have to wait until Saturday morning once a few CAGs post to see if there really is a sale or not.

Meh, I don't trust K-mart employees. I called them last time around, and Customer service said that only jewelry was on sale. I went there anyway because I needed to CD-RW's, and low and behold, the rack has games.

I think I'll be passing by a KMart tomorrow, so I might as well check it out. I won't be going until 11 or so though, so I'll rely on other people to post their finds first.

It seems that there are no CAGs that under the employee of the Big K. Too bad we can't get an official confirmation or denial to this 50% off sale.

They have signs in front of my Kmart advertising the Blue Light Sale. So I would have to say yes, unless it's regional.

[quote name='kill3r7']They have signs in front of my Kmart advertising the Blue Light Sale. So I would have to say yes, unless it's regional.[/QUOTE]

If its a blue light sale, then I can assume that it will be on sale for a limited amount of time, like an hour.

[quote name='tcrash247']I think I'll be passing by a KMart tomorrow, so I might as well check it out. I won't be going until 11 or so though, so I'll rely on other people to post their finds first.[/QUOTE]

Same here. There's a Kmart by my house but I won't be leaving until 11 or so and then I still won't be able to report in early since I'll be out for most of the day running errands and the like.

What time do K-marts generally open on Saturdays? I used their store locator online but it did not give me hours for my local K-mart.

[quote name='serro821']If its a blue light sale, then I can assume that it will be on sale for a limited amount of time, like an hour.[/QUOTE]

They no longer do actual blue light sales. The ahve different %50 off sales on certain weekends, and they just call it a blue light sale.

I really hope someone reports this as true. I really want to pick up Soul Calibur 2 and upgrade my 2004 Tiger Woods. Or Is it even worth it to get 2005 over 2004? Gamecube version that is.

reasons i wont check this time

5.. last time they didnt have anything i wanted
4.. the only thing listed in the ad was lawn and garden stuff
3. got like 6 games coming from ebay and ebgames next week all sealed
2.. im broke

and the one biggest reason im not checking

im too lazy to get off my fat ass and drive arcoss town

[quote name='slidecage']reasons i wont check this time

5.. last time they didnt have anything i wanted
4.. the only thing listed in the ad was lawn and garden stuff
3. got like 6 games coming from ebay and ebgames next week all sealed
2.. im broke

and the one biggest reason im not checking

im too lazy to get off my fat ass and drive arcoss town[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. All of the above.

But I'm going to check it out 'cause I've got nothing better to do before the NFL draft. I need to get out of the house to avoid the chores that I'm sure my wife would love me doing.

just got back from 2 in northeast ohio. NO SALE going on, unless you want lawn and garden! funny thing is they opened early at 7 am and i was the only customer in the store, then i got to the secong at 7:35 and once again i was the only shopper!

[quote name='bluekeith75']just got back from 2 in northeast ohio. NO SALE going on, unless you want lawn and garden! funny thing is they opened early at 7 am and i was the only customer in the store, then i got to the secong at 7:35 and once again i was the only shopper![/QUOTE]

Did you have any of the games on the list scanned? I only ask because at my K-marts there has never been any indication that the games were on sale during the past sales.

well i think im going to go up to some yard sales up the road from me ... hopefully they have something wooo good luck to all that go to kmart hope you find what you want. AHHHH leave me alone ps 2 i dont want to play right now

runs out door screaming stay away :)

Thanks for saving us a trip, bluekeith75. I definately don't want to drive all the way out to K-mart if the sale is not going on. Appreciate it.

Sorry fellas, took a long shower. Heading out the door to KMart. About 2 hours before the Draft party, and I can't stand watching any more of Mel Kiper. Just oo much. It's not that I don't believe the posters that have posted about this being a video game no-go.....but it like I said before, I was heading out anyhow.

later fellas.

Just got back from Kmart. Picked up:

Viewtiful Joe 2 GC
Soul Caliber 2 GC
Onimusha 3 PS2

All $9.99 each. Unfortunatly those where the lowest prices. Was really hoping to get the MP4/Wavebird deal but they didn't have any of those. And the retards had MGS Twin Snakes as $39.99 so it would only have been $19.99 after 50% off. Some other decent games for $9.99 where THPS4 GC, Enter the Matrix GC, SOCOM2 PS2, Tiger Woods 2004 GC, Amplitude $9.99 PS2, Starfox Adventures GC.

[quote name='lurknomore']I'm in the same boat as you. All of the above.

But I'm going to check it out 'cause I've got nothing better to do before the NFL draft. I need to get out of the house to avoid the chores that I'm sure my wife would love me doing.[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother. Yes, I need to get away from the Honey-Do list my wife has for me every weekend.

[quote name='ne2eire']Just got back from Kmart. Picked up:

Viewtiful Joe 2 GC
Soul Caliber 2 GC
Onimusha 3 PS2

All $9.99 each. Unfortunatly those where the lowest prices. Was really hoping to get the MP4/Wavebird deal but they didn't have any of those. And the retards had MGS Twin Snakes as $39.99 so it would only have been $19.99 after 50% off. Some other decent games for $9.99 where THPS4 GC, Enter the Matrix GC, SOCOM2 PS2, Tiger Woods 2004 GC, Amplitude $9.99 PS2, Starfox Adventures GC.[/QUOTE]

Whoa. So the sale is going on? Interesting.

I mentioned on page 2 that this sale wasn't going on with video games. Any cheap games you find are ones that are on everyday clearance.

[quote name='poopy']Whoa. So the sale is going on? Interesting.[/QUOTE]

Was at the Kmart I went to. All the 50% games were near the cashier behind the desk/glass where they had a green sign saying clearance 50% off 23/24. Interesting but on my reciept it also printed out saying that this weekend they open at 7 am, I got there at 9:30

[quote name='Tojo']I mentioned on page 2 that this sale wasn't going on with video games. Any cheap games you find are ones that are on everyday clearance.[/QUOTE]

I'll post a picture of reciept and the original stickers on the games when I get home. At the library now (sigh stupid board exams)

[quote name='Tojo']I mentioned on page 2 that this sale wasn't going on with video games. Any cheap games you find are ones that are on everyday clearance.[/QUOTE]

You stated that they werent mentioned in the ad. Were the previous 50% sales at Kmart in the ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back