50%+ Off Select Used Games at GameStop

sswan117

CAG Veteran
[preview][IMG-R=1]1505[/IMG-R]GameStop/EB is offering up 50% off select used titles. Shopping on-line, use coupon code CAG16 and your Edge Card to receive an additional 26% discount. Add coupon code SAVER to get free shipping on a $25+ order. Shopping in-store, use an Edge card and this coupon for a 20% discount.

CAGs are buying (price is before additional discounts):
:360:Prey $3.99
:360:The Darkness $8.99
:360:Spider-Man 3 $8.99
:360:X-Men: The Official Game $4.99
:ps2:Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution $3.99
:xbox:Castlevania: Curse of Darkness $4.99

Click the link below for all eligible titles[/preview]

I am just a friendly lurker who happens to work for Gamestop so I am sending the latest deal from Gamestop starting this week. Sounds like they are unloading a lot of garbage (old Maddens, EA Sports, etc.) but who knows you guys might find something useful.

50% off select used titles
PS2 50% Used Titles

939697 Alvin & The Chipmunks
939000 American Chopper
938052 Armored Core 2
939253 College Hoops 2K6
938649 Dance Dance Revolution: Max 2
938969 Duel Masters
939013 ESPN College Hoops 2K5
938929 ESPN NBA 2K5
938870 ESPN NFL 2K5
938814 Eye Toy: Play (game only)
939070 Full Spectrum Warrior
939164 Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
939249 Harry Potter Goblet of Fire
938834 Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I saw a Gamestop today with the really old ass PS2 titles in the bin today.[/quote]

I saw a few as well. :ps2: MOH: Frontline and :ps2: MOH: Rising Sun come to mind. They would be $3.50 and $4 respectively after 50% off.

i went today and picked up madden 07 and rsv. i asked the guy about madden he said was not 50 off and i said are you sure , gave me that look like you are a dumbass and i am a gamestop god . would love to find graw. also splinter cell double ageant was at this store

I saw a copy of :wii: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles in the bin today, with the 50% sale sticker on the front. The clerk said it was a mistake and put it behind the counter. Has anyone else seen that one, or was he actually telling me the truth?

[quote name='elmyra']I saw a copy of :wii: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles in the bin today, with the 50% sale sticker on the front. The clerk said it was a mistake and put it behind the counter. Has anyone else seen that one, or was he actually telling me the truth?[/quote]

I haven't seen that one.
That would be a pretty sweet deal though. $18 after Edge!

Seems to me though that if you found it with a 50% sticker on it in the bin, you should have been able to buy it. That guy was being a jerk.

It appears that Madden 2008 on the 360 had been added to the list of discounted titles, making it $10. Not sure it's worth it...but for some perhaps.

The first gamestop i went to didn't have any of the 50% used games, the guy working there said he shipped them all to a different location a few days ago. The one other one in town was only about 5 mins away & they had everything I went for.

All prices are after the 50% off & the extra 10% from the edge card (all games are in good condition also & all games were complete with case & manuals:

Rainbow Six Vegas (360) - $7.99 - This one wasn't in the bin, but I took it from the shelf and asked if it was a part of the deal & it was.

Sneak King (360) - $0.39

Prey (360) - $3.19

The Darkness (360) - $7.19

The Club (360) - $11.99

ESPN College Hoops 2k5 (Xbox) - $0.39

XIII (PS2) - $0.79

Top Spin/NCAA Football 2005 (Xbox) - $0.39

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']As stupid as this sounds... I'm going to pick up the other Burger King game I need. If I have two, might as well pick up the third. Thanks OP.
Does EDGE stack with this?[/QUOTE]

heh, i got the sneak king game....

so great.

went to another gs today, and got graw fo like 4 bucks. i was telling the guy check this one . and he was like how did you know about these. i just said i was psycic. has any body checked perfect dark zero. i know is old but would be nice to get for 4 or 5 bucks. so i can confirm the following are 1/2 off

madden 07 and 08
nba live 06
the darkness
ncaa o8 and 07 march madness

forza 2
mau
rainbow six vegas

oddly nba live o7 not 1/2 off

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd all but ignored Prey and The Darkness sitting in the bargain bin but after giving their XBL demos a try I think I'll pick them up. They're not top-tier games but they've got enough production value to make such a cheap purchase worth it.

I picked up MUA on Saturday, so thanks for the heads up.

I went into my local store and asked for a copy, then asked if it was half off. The employee said no, and I asked him to scan it anyway because a friend had told me he got it for that price. He reluctantly did it, but mentioned at least one more time that it was not half off. He scans it and then says, oh they must have added this to the list. He was very apologetic saying, I did not mean to mislead you but I did not think it was half off.

I only mention it, because I think he was sincerely sorry for telling me know (i could tell by the tone of voice) and it was nice to talk to a GS employee that was not a holier than thou douchebag.

[quote name='mprice']I picked up MUA on Saturday, so thanks for the heads up.

I went into my local store and asked for a copy, then asked if it was half off. The employee said no, and I asked him to scan it anyway because a friend had told me he got it for that price. He reluctantly did it, but mentioned at least one more time that it was not half off. He scans it and then says, oh they must have added this to the list. He was very apologetic saying, I did not mean to mislead you but I did not think it was half off.

I only mention it, because I think he was sincerely sorry for telling me know (i could tell by the tone of voice) and it was nice to talk to a GS employee that was not a holier than thou douchebag.[/quote]
i agree

I picked up prey for my boyfriend and red steel wii for myself. was only 8.99 for red steel. I dont know if thats a good deal but it was the only wii game in the bin.

Red Steel and Vegas scanned regular price for me today. I didn't really want them, but they were $20 and $18.

[quote name='camelking6969']went to another gs today, and got graw fo like 4 bucks. i was telling the guy check this one . and he was like how did you know about these. i just said i was psycic. has any body checked perfect dark zero. i know is old but would be nice to get for 4 or 5 bucks. so i can confirm the following are 1/2 off

madden 07 and 08
nba live 06
the darkness

forza 2
mau
rainbow six vegas

oddly nba live o7 not 1/2 off[/quote]

Forza 2 is half off? So $7.50?

[quote name='jer7583']Red Steel and Vegas scanned regular price for me today. I didn't really want them, but they were $20 and $18.[/quote]

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think they're suppose to hit the F12 button or something to update the price?

[quote name='Link927']Someone correct me if Im wrong, but I think they're suppose to hit the F12 button or something to update the price?[/quote]

Yeah, just scanning the item(s) will only give you the original price.

Yeah, I hope that's what happened to the previous poster. I'd hate to see the sale end-- it was nice to see GRAW and MUA trickle in. Gives hope some other interesting games will come through.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, I hope that's what happened to the previous poster. I'd hate to see the sale end-- it was nice to see GRAW and MUA trickle in. Gives hope some other interesting games will come through.[/quote]

Same here. Gamestop should make the 50% off bins fixtures in their stores from now on.

I think about getting The Darkness every time I've entered the store for the last few weeks. Great price on it, just not sure when I'd find time to play it.[quote name='mprice']I picked up MUA on Saturday, so thanks for the heads up.

I only mention it, because I think he was sincerely sorry for telling me know (i could tell by the tone of voice) and it was nice to talk to a GS employee that was not a holier than thou douchebag.[/quote]
He was still a holier than thou douchebag until he was busted.

Okay good to know. I played through vegas already and didn't particluarly like red steel so it's no big loss. Did someone say scrapland was a 50% title too?

[quote name='lorne']Same here. Gamestop should make the 50% off bins fixtures in their stores from now on.[/quote]

Seriously. It would certainly give me motivation to go in more often, and that is what they want, after all. I know I stop by my local TRU as often as I can, because they have a nice, big clearance bin that they are constantly dumping stuff into. If this 50% bin was always in their stores and always having old crap added to it, I would certainly stop in and check it out whenever I go by.

[quote name='Monroeski']He was still a holier than thou douchebag until he was busted.[/quote]

:whistle2:s:whistle2:k

Do you even know what the phrase "holier than thou" means? How did this GS employee exhibit an attitude of superior virtue? All he said was that the game was not part of the promotion, and he was wrong. He also apologized. Sometimes, people get a little carried away with their GS bashing. Even the poster who experienced this gave him credit for apologizing.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
:whistle2:s:whistle2:k

Do you even know what the phrase "holier than thou" means? How did this GS employee exhibit an attitude of superior virtue? All he said was that the game was not part of the promotion, and he was wrong. He also apologized. Sometimes, people get a little carried away with their GS bashing. Even the poster who experienced this gave him credit for apologizing.[/quote]

He said numerous times that it wasn't 50% off, while reluctantly scanning it. Once he realized he was proven wrong by a customer, he changed his tune. That is still a douchebag attitude. Now if he had said he didn't think it was, but said "Let's scan it to see," it would have been a different situation.

So, until he scanned it his attitude was, in fact, holier than thou. The only thing that made him different was he apologized, while other GS employees would have blamed another employee for not pricing it properly, never admitting they were wrong.

Found Madden '08 and Marvel Alliance (not Gold) in the 50% off bin at the local GameStop (near Philly). Between that discount and the Edge Card, grand total for both together was about $13 !!

[quote name='sp00ge']He said numerous times that it wasn't 50% off, while reluctantly scanning it. Once he realized he was proven wrong by a customer, he changed his tune. That is still a douchebag attitude. Now if he had said he didn't think it was, but said "Let's scan it to see," it would have been a different situation.

So, until he scanned it his attitude was, in fact, holier than thou. The only thing that made him different was he apologized, while other GS employees would have blamed another employee for not pricing it properly, never admitting they were wrong.[/quote]

Again, do you know what the term even means? People shouldn't throw around big words they don't understand.

[quote name='sp00ge']He said numerous times that it wasn't 50% off, while reluctantly scanning it. Once he realized he was proven wrong by a customer, he changed his tune. That is still a douchebag attitude. Now if he had said he didn't think it was, but said "Let's scan it to see," it would have been a different situation.

So, until he scanned it his attitude was, in fact, holier than thou. The only thing that made him different was he apologized, while other GS employees would have blamed another employee for not pricing it properly, never admitting they were wrong.[/quote]

Whatever you say. Nonetheless, it has nothing to do with acting holier than thou.

[quote name='camelking6969']went to another gs today, and got graw fo like 4 bucks. i was telling the guy check this one . and he was like how did you know about these. i just said i was psycic. has any body checked perfect dark zero. i know is old but would be nice to get for 4 or 5 bucks. so i can confirm the following are 1/2 off

madden 07 and 08
nba live 06
the darkness

forza 2
mau
rainbow six vegas

oddly nba live o7 not 1/2 off[/quote]

I had an employee scan Forza (and I saw him press F12 if that matters) and it was normal price. I didn't see MAU or R6V in the bin either.

Spectrobes appears to be added to the 50% off sale. It's 14.99 used, making it a little under 7.50 after Edge card.
I wish they'd add more DS games-- GS employees, know of any drops? Madden 08 for PS3 was in the bin too.

[quote name='UnrealZero']i think i would get timesplitters 3 but im sure it isnt bc for 360.[/quote]
Nope, it's not. I really wish it was though :( It was my favorite game on the original Xbox.

Whoa whoa call me noob, but if it isn't in the bin but is in the OP and on the shelf, will it ring up half off?

My GS still has the bin out as of today (ok technically yesterday)

[quote name='Quintox']Whoa whoa call me noob, but if it isn't in the bin but is in the OP and on the shelf, will it ring up half off?

My GS still has the bin out as of today (ok technically yesterday)[/quote]

The promo should automatically come up for the game as long as the promo is still in effect. It doesnt matter if the employee didnt put it in the bin. If you want to make sure, just mention that you saw that it was part of the 50% off promo list online or something.

I had planned on picking up MUA 360 but I kept putting it off. I remembered Sunday at around 6:45 pm, after seeing it on here, that the deal ended that day. There is only 1 GS in my area that closes at 7pm on Sundays, so I raced down there. I made it into the store at 6:55 pm. I looked in the 360 section and found 3 copies of MUA but they were disc only. :cry:

The funny part is that I had been at 2 other GS earlier that day. #-oI guess I will still pick it up for $6.99 (after coupon and Edge) but the CAG in me regrets not getting it for $3.99. :wall:

bread's done
Back