50%+ Off Select Used Games at GameStop

sswan117

CAG Veteran
[preview][IMG-R=1]1505[/IMG-R]GameStop/EB is offering up 50% off select used titles. Shopping on-line, use coupon code CAG16 and your Edge Card to receive an additional 26% discount. Add coupon code SAVER to get free shipping on a $25+ order. Shopping in-store, use an Edge card and this coupon for a 20% discount.

CAGs are buying (price is before additional discounts):
:360:Prey $3.99
:360:The Darkness $8.99
:360:Spider-Man 3 $8.99
:360:X-Men: The Official Game $4.99
:ps2:Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution $3.99
:xbox:Castlevania: Curse of Darkness $4.99

Click the link below for all eligible titles[/preview]

I am just a friendly lurker who happens to work for Gamestop so I am sending the latest deal from Gamestop starting this week. Sounds like they are unloading a lot of garbage (old Maddens, EA Sports, etc.) but who knows you guys might find something useful.

50% off select used titles
PS2 50% Used Titles

939697 Alvin & The Chipmunks
939000 American Chopper
938052 Armored Core 2
939253 College Hoops 2K6
938649 Dance Dance Revolution: Max 2
938969 Duel Masters
939013 ESPN College Hoops 2K5
938929 ESPN NBA 2K5
938870 ESPN NFL 2K5
938814 Eye Toy: Play (game only)
939070 Full Spectrum Warrior
939164 Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
939249 Harry Potter Goblet of Fire
938834 Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='alfonsosoriano']How often does Gamestop send these used games without case/manual?[/quote]

I bought 3 games online the other day and all 3 had original case and only one didn't have a manual.

Just bought Prey, The Darkness, Spiderman 3, and I threw in Panzer Dragoon Orta, a game I've been meaning to get for a while, to make it 25 bucks for free shipping. Here's to hoping I get complete games, or at the very least the original case.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']How often does Gamestop send these used games without case/manual?[/quote]

Really depends on the which titles you want, I would think that more of the popular ones have more cases and manual, but you never know, you still might get disk only, really depends on who's packing your games.

Yeah, makes sense. I'd actually only care about getting the case. Who reads manuals? Not me. Thanks guys. I'll probably go in store to check on some older XBox titles and what not. Prey appears to be OOS online btw.

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']Got Rainbow six Limited edition for 8 bucks after edge
Also XIII(Xbox) for $1.5
Anyone seen a prey CE in or around Anaheim?[/QUOTE]
Fullerton Metro, Harbor & Orangethorpe. ;)

lots of copies of the darkness and a few prey
at the livingston GS store , the one by olive garden

it was very difficult not to grab a few sub $1 sports games for the ps2, but i know damn well they are going to just sit there and gather dust forever.

settled on just prey and darkness for $11.xx

thanks op!!!

I headed back to GS today to pre-order Tales of Vesperia, but they aren't getting the Special Edition unfortunately. But it wasn't a completely worthless trip because I nabbed the last complete copy of Prey Limited Collector's Edition for $3.49, including tax. And I guess my pre-order cash is going towards Fallout 3 Collector's Edition.

Is there a full list anywhere? Also, are these titles labeled or identified in store in any way that they are 50% off?

Picked up the Darkness (I sold my copy a while back, and $7 was just too good a deal to not buy it again and add to my collection). The disc looks brand new, which is surprising for Gamestop. They had a ton of complete copies of the game too.

Anyone who is unsure of whether or not to get this, it's a steal for this price if you want a unique game with a great story and characters. Definitely only for mature audiences though.

[quote name='J7.']Is there a full list anywhere? Also, are these titles labeled or identified in store in any way that they are 50% off?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are in a special bin stating they are 50% off or will have a 50% off sticker on the case.

Thanks. I picked up Prey and The Darkness.

I really wanted Spiderman 3, but I didn't see any copies of it on the shelves.

I picked up The Club and Prey. Unfortunately could not find the CE edition of Prey. I will be looking to play these online so shoot snky pete a message if interested.

I am also considering The Darkness mainly for the online MP. Can anyone post impressions of the online please?

[quote name='cdeener']Yes they are in a special bin stating they are 50% off or will have a 50% off sticker on the case.[/quote]
Thanks. It sucks that there are no 50% off on any PSP games.

[quote name='JJSP']Fullerton Metro, Harbor & Orangethorpe. ;)[/quote]
You picked up the last copy there - didn't you :cry:
They did not had anymore today

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']You picked up the last copy there - didn't you :cry:
They did not had anymore today[/QUOTE]
Nope. Mine was in Brea.

Will this deal be running next week/when does this promotion end?

Also, I went to two Gamestops in my area and only one of them had the 50% bin. The other store did not to have a bin or 50% off stickered games. Are not all stores taking part in this?

Thanks ahead. Less than a $1 for PS2 XIII, I'm sold! :)

[quote name='JJSP']Considering original retail on it was $70, there was really no chance I was going to pass on it for just over $3. Amazingly, it's even still got an unused code to download the soundtrack. Just a question, though - how does the disc stay in the CE packaging? GS gave it to me in the little sleeve, but I can't see anywhere in the packaging that the disc would normally go.[/quote]

Not sure if this has been answered, but if you open the back of the case there is a black dot on the tin where the disk sits. I advise you put something over the tin or keep the disk in the sleeve because it could get scratched ala halo 3 collectors edition.

Since it is not on the list, I am guessing YMMV but Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix PS3 was in the 50% off bin I saw last night. Price marked was 19.99 with 50% off sticker, so $10 for HP OoTP. I didn't bite but seeing how I only have MGS4 and some PSN games, I might go back.

[quote name='hoofrog']Since it is not on the list, I am guessing YMMV but Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix PS3 was in the 50% off bin I saw last night. Price marked was 19.99 with 50% off sticker, so $10 for HP OoTP. I didn't bite but seeing how I only have MGS4 and some PSN games, I might go back.[/quote]

Was in the bin at my location as well. It was the leftovers from the gameday sales.

Also in the bin was :wii: Red Steel.

[quote name='hoofrog']Since it is not on the list, I am guessing YMMV but Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix PS3 was in the 50% off bin I saw last night. Price marked was 19.99 with 50% off sticker, so $10 for HP OoTP. I didn't bite but seeing how I only have MGS4 and some PSN games, I might go back.[/quote]

It is $19.99 online still while everything else is marked down, so maybe that is the discounted price already?

I bought a copy of Sega Superstar Tennis from the deal yesterday, strictly for flipping and nearly bought a copy of EyeToy Play, but the assclowns at the WILKES-BARRE, PA(Wyoming Valley Mall) store wouldn't honor the fact that the case for it(generic GS case) said it came WITH the Eyetoy camera.

Couple this with the fact that a group of people arguing with the clerks were accusing the store of charging them for something, but not putting it in their bag and it's clear to me that the local asshole DM Steve Bennett has trained his employees well in how to deny customers a deal.

I have his number from when I complained about something a while ago(before he and I had a confrontation at a local store over the guide issue I was complaining about), so if ANY local CAG's want to complain about service at the stores here, lemme know and I'll give you his # to do so. I got it maybe 3 years ago, so it may NOT be current though.

I saw a few of those at the gs store in siniwa plaza (dickson city, pa) i may have to run up there to see if prey is still in stock. i rarely do business with any other stores around the area but that gamestop at siniwa....the people there are too good to me.

Picked up Prey for a little under $4.50 (disc only). Considering I finished it already, it was a nice trip down memory lane to revisit it for under five bucks :) Couldn't find the Darkness though at the GS near work :p

I usually go to the one by Target, which was my source for cheap stuff for a while. But the one jerkoff there is programmed like the Steve drones down in the Wilkes-Barre store apparently and won't let anything go for below retail.

Either way, I'm gonna check their product locator and check if they have some coverless/misprinted EyeToy Play copies that say with the camera. I know that manager there will lemme have one. It'll be a nice little 'just because' thing to give to my one buddy for his nieces, plus I may keep one EyeToy to try on the PS3.

I'm liking this deal. Got March Madness 08 for $10 the other day, today I got the Club for $12, Sneak King for .40, and a brand new (but gutted) copy of Madden '06 for $2. Only bought Madden because my disc has some strange coating on the back of it and is not reading and $2 is cheaper than buying a bottle of Windex.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I'm liking this deal. Got March Madness 08 for $10 the other day, today I got the Club for $12, Sneak King for .40, and a brand new (but gutted) copy of Madden '06 for $2. Only bought Madden because my disc has some strange coating on the back of it and is not reading and $2 is cheaper than buying a bottle of Windex.[/quote]

Was it a whitish haze? If so, then the disc was resurfaced by a 'professional machine', since they leave that haze on the disc after most of the solution they use in conjunction with the buffing pads dries on the disc. Many places will typically Windex the newly buffed discs and then they look halfway decent.

they wouldn't let me stack the coupon with the edge card on top of this!
is it better to order online and pick it up in the store? the only thing is i dont have a cc so iono if they'll go for "i want you to hold some games for me at the store and I'll come pay cash"
anyways anyone that could shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated, i was really crestfallen when i got to the register and i only got 60% off thanks in advance!

they seem to be instock online... any difference between ordering on ebgames or gamestop.com???

and im guessing i wont get instructions/case

This one clerk at the GS across from my work always keeps these coupons but never stacks them with Edge. Oh, well. $7 and change for The Darkness is a good deal. They didn't have Prey, but I've already played that on PC and have too big a backlog to bother adding to it for Achievements' sake.

I picked up Madden 05 for 53 cents along with VF4 for 2 bucks for my aging PS2. But it wasn't VF4:Evolution it was the original one. The guy said he mislabeled it as 50% off since it was only supposed to be for VF4Evo, but he manually changed it anyways, since they were sold out of the other one.

How different is VF4 from VF4Evo. Am I missing out on much?

[quote name='odinhead']they wouldn't let me stack the coupon with the edge card on top of this!
is it better to order online and pick it up in the store? the only thing is i dont have a cc so iono if they'll go for "i want you to hold some games for me at the store and I'll come pay cash"
anyways anyone that could shed some light on this would be greatly appreciated, i was really crestfallen when i got to the register and i only got 60% off thanks in advance![/quote]

60% is the most you'll be able to get, you cannot stack the coupon on top of this deal since the 50% is also considered a promo, and you cannont use more than one promo per transaction.

ah ok... well that's a little misleading then, but thanks for the clarification... I had it all added up before I got to the register & I had to go to the atm to get some more money but on my way back I realized there was no need for me to rebuy manhunt & ddrmax if I wasn't getting the extra 10%still a great sale but I would've saved my quarter to print the coupons had I known... yup I'm a tru cheapass! (-;

Got a copy of Sneak King to replace the broken Prey case I got from Monday lol
Cost me about 40 cents xP
I used the disk as a frisbee when we left the store :p

Think I might grab the rest of the Sneak King cases to use for future replacements :p

Just bought the darkness today and I must say it is the best $7.75 i have ever spent on a game. If you do not have a copy of this game go to gamestop and get one ASAP. It's a very solid FPS and a steal for under $8.00.

[quote name='JJSP']:360: Madden '07 was added to the list - it's $5.99 before promos, so roughly $2.4x or so before tax.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll probably pick it up.
Is Madden 06 a part of it too? I heard it was.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Thanks. I'll probably pick it up.
Is Madden 06 a part of it too? I heard it was.[/QUOTE]
Not entirely sure, but I know it's $4.99 used at BB.

I wanted The Darkness and Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution. My local Gamestop had several copies of The Darkness. I saw the VF4E case in the 50% off bin and jumped for joy (not literally). I was very depressed to hear that they only had the case, not the game :( According to the cashier they must have sold their VF4E accidentally w/ a plain original VF4 case.

If you are looking to pick up The Darkness NEW, check Target. They have it on clearance for 9.98. The used copies at my local Gamestop are always in horrible condition and most of them have the gross odor of cigarette smoke.

Picked up Prey for a lil over $3, it's basically a brand new copy. I asked the guy to let me see the discs and one was spotless. Either somebody used it just to get credit or the store opened the brand new copies and cut its losses.

Picked up The Club, The darkness and the castlevania xbox original game yesterday. The darkness disk was really messed up and I'm glad I asked to look at it. Reading everyone elses horror storys, I ask to check used games and even open new games in the store.

Biggest shit is gamestop WILL take games scratched to hell, then try to sell them.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Thanks. I'll probably pick it up.
Is Madden 06 a part of it too? I heard it was.[/quote]

Yeah, 06 is part of the sale. $3.99 before discount so it comes out to like $1.60 after 50% off + EDGE.

[quote name='Marker']I wanted The Darkness and Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution. My local Gamestop had several copies of The Darkness. I saw the VF4E case in the 50% off bin and jumped for joy (not literally). I was very depressed to hear that they only had the case, not the game :( According to the cashier they must have sold their VF4E accidentally w/ a plain original VF4 case.[/quote]

yea i hate when that happens...i tried buying a used copy of Lost Planet: Colonies Edition. And they said that they only had the regular edition & probably sold the colonies one to someone who bought the regular edition (paying less in doing so)

:(

god i hate ebgames. Stupid clerk told me the deal wasn't applied to ps3 games so he wouldn't press f12 for it to update the price and he wanted to charge me 19.99+ tax for HP:OotP -_-

bread's done
Back