50%+ Off Select Used Games at GameStop

sswan117

CAG Veteran
[preview][IMG-R=1]1505[/IMG-R]GameStop/EB is offering up 50% off select used titles. Shopping on-line, use coupon code CAG16 and your Edge Card to receive an additional 26% discount. Add coupon code SAVER to get free shipping on a $25+ order. Shopping in-store, use an Edge card and this coupon for a 20% discount.

CAGs are buying (price is before additional discounts):
:360:Prey $3.99
:360:The Darkness $8.99
:360:Spider-Man 3 $8.99
:360:X-Men: The Official Game $4.99
:ps2:Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution $3.99
:xbox:Castlevania: Curse of Darkness $4.99

Click the link below for all eligible titles[/preview]

I am just a friendly lurker who happens to work for Gamestop so I am sending the latest deal from Gamestop starting this week. Sounds like they are unloading a lot of garbage (old Maddens, EA Sports, etc.) but who knows you guys might find something useful.

50% off select used titles
PS2 50% Used Titles

939697 Alvin & The Chipmunks
939000 American Chopper
938052 Armored Core 2
939253 College Hoops 2K6
938649 Dance Dance Revolution: Max 2
938969 Duel Masters
939013 ESPN College Hoops 2K5
938929 ESPN NBA 2K5
938870 ESPN NFL 2K5
938814 Eye Toy: Play (game only)
939070 Full Spectrum Warrior
939164 Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
939249 Harry Potter Goblet of Fire
938834 Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the 50% show up as a promo on the receipt? Or is the 50% off just the current price? If it doesn't show up as a promo, one should still be able to use the 10% off coupon. Whether or not an employee will take it from you is another story, but the computer will allow it, if the 50% off is not a promo.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Did the 50% show up as a promo on the receipt? Or is the 50% off just the current price? If it doesn't show up as a promo, one should still be able to use the 10% off coupon. Whether or not an employee will take it from you is another story, but the computer will allow it, if the 50% off is not a promo.[/quote]

It is a promo, #5592

Got in on it. Had to call three other stores before I found one that started it today. Snagged The Club, which is the only game I really wanted, NBA 06 for 360 for 2.50, and Rebel Raiders for 1.20.
I was contemplating picking up all of the 99 cent sports games. They'd be less than 50 cents after the promo and Edge, and would be handy to have for extra PS2 cases. But I decided against it.

Ya, I picked up Prey, Collector's Edition (complete!) for 3.19. Can't beat that, since I bought it new, sold it back for 25, now get the better version (only had regular originally) for 3.19, lol. I ALMOST got the Darkness but I did not. I did also pick up Viewtiful Joe for DS, 7.19, good price.

[quote name='rick3000gto']just scored Prey for $3.19 and the Darkness for $7.19.[/QUOTE]
Can anyone give me a decent reason why I shouldn't do the same?

I also picked up Prey and the Darkness. Really tempted by The Club. But I have a feeling that will be dropping in price permanently soon with its lackluster sales/reception.

[quote name='awp']I also picked up Prey and the Darkness. Really tempted by The Club. But I have a feeling that will be dropping in price permanently soon with its lackluster sales/reception.[/quote]

Yeah... but savings from coupons and whatnot are far less as game get cheaper and hardly ever match 50% off... the $20 savings now isn't going to be beaten for a long time, really. Even if it price drops to $20 like a lot of decent, but low grossing games (Like even The Darkness for instance), you probably won't see 50% off it again. Maybe something nice like 35% after a 25% coupon and EDGE, which at $20 would still only knock it down to $13. I'll go ahead and play it now, and trade it back in later. ^_^

[quote name='JJSP']Can anyone give me a decent reason why I shouldn't do the same?[/quote]

No.

Prey is well worth it. I hated the Darkness but it is still probably worth $7.

[quote name='nexen']No.

Prey is well worth it. I hated the Darkness but it is still probably worth $7.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much my thoughts as well. I've been tempted to grab Prey every time I've been in EB, but for $3.xx, can't really go wrong.

I really think the Darkness was pretty cool... not really like any other game I've ever played, to be honest. I think it's just an interesting game, personally. The aesthetics are pretty cool, the shooting isn't that bad, and the story is actually sorta interesting. But again... to each his own. But again, again... to each, $7.xx should seal the deal.

[quote name='Venent']Is there free shipping for this deal?[/QUOTE]

I believe you could use saver if you get $25+ worth of stuff.

Anyone else encounter a store with the sale ON, but NCAA march madness is not one of the included games? I'm in NJ near PA. I even asked the (baffled) clerk to scan it and mentioned that it was 12.50 on the website.

After returning a copy of Octomania I bought last week, I picked up a complete Prey CE (figurines and all) and The Darkness for $3.19 and $7.19 respectively after Edge. The difference between my return and purchase was a whopping $0.42. :)

Thanks much, OP!

[quote name='JJSP']After returning a copy of Octomania I bought last week, I picked up a complete Prey CE (figurines and all) and The Darkness for $3.19 and $7.19 respectively after Edge. The difference between my return and purchase was a whopping $0.42. :)

Thanks much, OP![/QUOTE]

I picked the Prey CE complete today as well. I couldn't pass it up for $3.19, even though I had no intent of ever playing that game!

[quote name='drfrielgood']I picked the Prey CE complete today as well. I couldn't pass it up for $3.19, even though I had no intent of ever playing that game![/QUOTE]
Considering original retail on it was $70, there was really no chance I was going to pass on it for just over $3. Amazingly, it's even still got an unused code to download the soundtrack. Just a question, though - how does the disc stay in the CE packaging? GS gave it to me in the little sleeve, but I can't see anywhere in the packaging that the disc would normally go.

For those who may get bored with Prey, the LE version supposedly gets $11 from Secondspin and Wherehouse.com, but I'm not 100% sure if that price would transfer over to FYE.

If it does though, I imagine that's going to be my new flip material for a bit, like Powerdrome for PS2 was at one point.

I just happened to be in GS and and saw the 50% bin. I picked up The Clud for like $12 after discount and Edge card. I also got Spiderman 3 for a friend of mine for around $7.

Picked up Prey and Big Bumpin,both complete, actually had to go to 2 seperate stores to find them. I swore I saw multiple complete copies before today, but it seems like people snatched them all up this morning.

Like others have found, my store had a bin full of this stuff, with a "final sale, 50% off" sign on it. They had a lot of copies of Prey, but I am going to hold out and see if I get can a CE.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Like others have found, my store had a bin full of this stuff, with a "final sale, 50% off" sign on it. They had a lot of copies of Prey, but I am going to hold out and see if I get can a CE.[/quote]

Remember to check the shelf too, I saw about 10 "The Club"s on shelf before I saw the discount bin. There might be a CE on shelf.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Remember to check the shelf too, I saw about 10 "The Club"s on shelf before I saw the discount bin. There might be a CE on shelf.[/quote]

Nope, everything they had was in the bin, unfortunately. At least, the 360 games. I wasn't interested in the other systems.

picked up darkness, been looking to pick this up at a cheap price, but never got around to it until now. only had 2 copies left and no prey at my eb.

Absolutely no indication of a sale at my closest GS, but the game I bought (March Madness 08) rang up half off after he hit total (and the promo code came up). I saw a lot of the other games sitting in the regular shelves too. I love those kinds of sales - the ones only us CAGs know about ;).

FWIW - only 1 copy of Prey at this store, and disc-only to boot. I thought that was mighty strange - I figured every GS would be overflowing with those (they must have a lot system-wide for it to be so cheap to begin with even before the sale).

I went to pick up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. But only one store at the mall had it, it was missing the instruction booklet, and the case was in awful condition. I picked up :360:The Darkness and :360:Rainbow Six: Vegas for under $10 each w/ Edge Card.

[quote name='Error404'] I picked up :360:The Darkness and :360:Rainbow Six: Vegas for under $10 each w/ Edge Card.[/QUOTE]

Hrmmm?

RSV2 is under $10?

I may have to go back for Vegas. I need another shooter like I need a hole in the head, but it's probably worth $7, right?

[quote name='urge26']a side note that red steel for the wii is 9 bucks after 50% off and edge....[/QUOTE]
Damn, that's a great price for that game. It think it's one of the better Wii launch games.

So there are more games at 50% off than are listed in the OP? (e.g. Red Steel and Rainbow 6 Vegas). It'll probably be impossible to tell what all of them are, unless your GS actually updates price stickers!

[quote name='dinovelvet']So there are more games at 50% off than are listed in the OP? (e.g. Red Steel and Rainbow 6 Vegas). It'll probably be impossible to tell what all of them are, unless your GS actually updates price stickers![/quote]

The ones that I saw that differed were: Red Steel, Alien Syndrome, and Rainbow Six:Vegas

On another side note, Turok for the PS3 is 16.50 after edge and deal of the day, picked that up as well

Of course i totally neglected this thread and Vegas 1 is on my top to get list right now. I see a trip to Gamestop soon thanks for the heads up people...

[quote name='urge26']The ones that I saw that differed were: Red Steel, Alien Syndrome, and Rainbow Six:Vegas

On another side note, Turok for the PS3 is 16.50 after edge and deal of the day, picked that up as well[/quote]

how is turok 16.50? it is 19.99, 10% off would make it 18.

[quote name='frankcastle']how is turok 16.50? it is 19.99, 10% off would make it 18.[/quote]

The 10% comes off of the original price, not the promo price. So, the original price is $35.00, and you get $3.50 off. Odd, yes, but it works out in your favor when buying used. Unfortunately, it also works against you when trading in and using a promo.

[quote name='lakers310']I got NFL 2K5 for 50 cents. Its the greatest football game ever:D[/quote]

I got it for $0.38, beat that.

[quote name='hockeystealth13']The only thing that I'm interested in is The Club.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with everyone else here who says The Club kicks @$$! I picked it up with Vampire Rain after trading in copies of Carnival Games and The Godfather for Wii earlier and still had $8 worth of store credit left. I almost picked up Spider-Man 3 but I remembered that I never finished any of the Spider-Man games.

Walked in and almosted cried.

Got there.

Virtua Fighter 4
The King of Fighters 2006
The Darkness
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions

Hitting that and the XBox B2G1 was a pretty big day.

bread's done
Back