50%+ Off Select Used Games at GameStop

sswan117

CAG Veteran
[preview][IMG-R=1]1505[/IMG-R]GameStop/EB is offering up 50% off select used titles. Shopping on-line, use coupon code CAG16 and your Edge Card to receive an additional 26% discount. Add coupon code SAVER to get free shipping on a $25+ order. Shopping in-store, use an Edge card and this coupon for a 20% discount.

CAGs are buying (price is before additional discounts):
:360:Prey $3.99
:360:The Darkness $8.99
:360:Spider-Man 3 $8.99
:360:X-Men: The Official Game $4.99
:ps2:Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution $3.99
:xbox:Castlevania: Curse of Darkness $4.99

Click the link below for all eligible titles[/preview]

I am just a friendly lurker who happens to work for Gamestop so I am sending the latest deal from Gamestop starting this week. Sounds like they are unloading a lot of garbage (old Maddens, EA Sports, etc.) but who knows you guys might find something useful.

50% off select used titles
PS2 50% Used Titles

939697 Alvin & The Chipmunks
939000 American Chopper
938052 Armored Core 2
939253 College Hoops 2K6
938649 Dance Dance Revolution: Max 2
938969 Duel Masters
939013 ESPN College Hoops 2K5
938929 ESPN NBA 2K5
938870 ESPN NFL 2K5
938814 Eye Toy: Play (game only)
939070 Full Spectrum Warrior
939164 Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
939249 Harry Potter Goblet of Fire
938834 Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JAR']Agreed. I would buy from FYE if I could for all the reasons you state.

However, I was only focusing on the view that GS/EB had mediocre TiV compared to other stores. Whether GS/EB jacks up the resell (MvC2 XBOX $60 @ GS, $40 @ FYE) or not (Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II XBOX $30 @ both stores) puts the onus on the buyer, not the seller.

FWIW Here are some PS2 FYE :: GS comparisons:

PS2 - FYE/SS TiV :: GS/EB TiV

Arc the Lad End of Darkness - won’t take :: $1.50
Barnyard - $4.00 :: $6.00
Bee Movie Game - $5.00 :: $6.00
Brunswick Pro Bowling - $4.75 :: $4.00
Cars - $2.00 :: $5.00
Cars Mater National - $5.00 :: $6.00
Destroy All Humans 2 - $4.00 :: $6.00
Final Fantasy X - $3.00 :: $5.00
Flushed Away - $4.00 :: $3.00
Front Mission 4 – won’t take :: $1.00
Golden Compass – won’t take :: $4.00
Graffiti Kingdom – won’t take :: $2.50
Gran Turismo 4 - $2.00 :: $3.00
God of War II - $6.00 :: $8.00
Hot Shots Tennis - $3.00 :: $4.00
Incredibles - $4.00 :: $3.00
Iridium Runner – won’t take :: $5.00 (Gamecrazy trade-in is $8.25 with MVP)
Jumper - $5.00 :: $2.00
Katamari Damacy - $2.00 :: $5.00
King of Fighters Maximum Impact - $3.00 :: $1.50
Kingdom Hearts II - $3.00 :: $7.00
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night - $4.00 :: $6.00
Madagascar – won’t take :: $3.00
Manhunt 2 - $5.00 :: $6.00
MLB Power Pros - $4.00 :: $5.00
Meet The Robinsons – won’t take :: $3.00
Micro Machines V4 – won’t take :: $1.50
Nicktoons Battle for Volcano Island - $4.00 :: $4.00
Nicktoons Attack of the Toybots - $4.00 :: $5.00
Power Rangers Super Legends - $7.00 :: $9.00
Pro Stroke Golf World Tour – won’t take :: $1.50
Ratatouille - $5.00 :: $4.00
Rayman Raving Rabbids – won’t take :: $6.00
Rogue Galaxy - $2.00 :: $7.00
Silent Hill 3 - $2.00 :: $8.00
SLAI – won’t take :: $1.50
Spiderman Friend or Foe - $5.00 :: $6.00
Spiderwick Chronicles - $4.00 :: $6.00
SpongeBob Atlantis Squarepantis - $7.00 :: $6.00
SpongeBob LCP - $4.00 :: $3.00
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - $5.00 :: $6.00
Valkyrie Profile 2 - $2.00 :: $6.00
Xenosaga Episode II – won’t take :: $3.00
Xenosaga Episode III - $5.00 :: $7.00[/quote]

Compared with the selling price for many games, the TIV is still crap imo and it always will be to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Compared with the selling price for many games, the TIV is still crap imo and it always will be to me.[/quote]

they're businesses...businesses want to make a good profit

[quote name='swetooth9']they're businesses...businesses want to make a good profit[/quote]

There's making a good profit, then there's gouging. I mean, for the same game that FYE charged me $15 for(Futurama for Xbox), they charge double($30) and probably only give $3-5 in TIV for it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make a profit, but the amount of profit they make and all of the suckers who willingly help them make it with their trades and patronizing the company is just sickening.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']There's making a good profit, then there's gouging. I mean, for the same game that FYE charged me $15 for(Futurama for Xbox), they charge double($30) and probably only give $3-5 in TIV for it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make a profit, but the amount of profit they make and all of the suckers who willingly help them make it with their trades and patronizing the company is just sickening.[/QUOTE]

How much profit are they making? How much is it costing them to take the trade-in, process it, store it in their heated, lighted building that they are renting, the list goes on and on. I don't think that they are making a huge profit on any one game.

As far as all of their customers evidently being suckers, I think you're way off base. As a parent, I would much rather buy games there than at best buy, target, or any other retail store. The fact that they take returns on used games if you simply don't like it is a huge selling point for many parents. My wife ended up buying a game for my daughter that is terrible. If we had gotten it from Gamestop, we would have gotten out money back for it. As it is, we are out $20. Not everyone has time to troll internet message boards to know everything about every game before they buy it. Please stop calling peoples suckers for making different lifestyle choices.

And to be on topic at least a little, I wish that there were better games on this list also. :(

[quote name='yourlefthand']
How much profit are they making? How much is it costing them to take the trade-in, process it, store it in their heated, lighted building that they are renting, the list goes on and on. I don't think that they are making a huge profit on any one game.

As far as all of their customers evidently being suckers, I think you're way off base. As a parent, I would much rather buy games there than at best buy, target, or any other retail store. The fact that they take returns on used games if you simply don't like it is a huge selling point for many parents. My wife ended up buying a game for my daughter that is terrible. If we had gotten it from Gamestop, we would have gotten out money back for it. As it is, we are out $20. Not everyone has time to troll internet message boards to know everything about every game before they buy it. Please stop calling peoples suckers for making different lifestyle choices.

And to be on topic at least a little, I wish that there were better games on this list also. :([/quote]

Their uber lenient return policy is about the ONLY good point of the chain really. That much I WILL give you. But, with so many threads detailing sales and clearances on here and other deal sites on the rest of the net in general(plus sites like Pricegrabber.com, which lists multiple places to buy stuff from with multiple prices), how can ANYONE end up paying even $20 for ANY game nowadays?

I didn't mean to offend, but then again I don't really buy MANY games anymore, so I take my time and make sure I don't pay over $10 in most cases.

What game was it, if you don't mind me asking?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

What game was it, if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid to say that it was "Bratz: the movie" for Wii. My daughter has liked the disney princess wii game so much my wife thought the bratz one might be as good. Um, wrong on that one. Oh well.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Their uber lenient return policy is about the ONLY good point of the chain really. That much I WILL give you. But, with so many threads detailing sales and clearances on here and other deal sites on the rest of the net in general(plus sites like Pricegrabber.com, which lists multiple places to buy stuff from with multiple prices), how can ANYONE end up paying even $20 for ANY game nowadays?

I didn't mean to offend, but then again I don't really buy MANY games anymore, so I take my time and make sure I don't pay over $10 in most cases.

What game was it, if you don't mind me asking?[/quote]
rant/How can anyone end up paying more that $20? Are you serious? You hate them because you hardly ever buy games which isn't a case for alot of us.

Also the $20 probably only applies to a insanely small amount of Cagers, we like to buy games new or even get happy when it's $30 if it's for a good game not only the super cheap deals and when they come out(only applies to great games) and Gamestop is much better to buy from because the employees there actually know something unlike most of the retards at Target or Walmart. Hell, I'll choose Gamestop over ever other store (sometimes Gamecrazy if I can find a good deal there) because they have a huge library and I really don't like buying online much, sure I can find it cheaper on Ebay but I like B&M since I can see my stuff before buying.

Also about the TIV, do they have a knife up to your neck demanding you trade in games? You don't have to and if someone is desperate and wants a game fast then let them, it's their choice to trade something in. You have all these complaints about them yet I have yet to see another retail store that matches them. No I don't care about Pricegrabber.com, I want you to point out a major chain that does what gamestop does but better, also the customer service at gamestop near me is excellent, they always help me find what I want and even point me out to where I can find if it isn't there./end rant

It's pretty much impossible to get a newly-released title that retailed at $60 for $20, unless it was a complete bomb, like Haze. I like to save money, but I also like to pick up certain games when they come out, not months later, when all the buzz is gone and no one is playing online.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']rant/How can anyone end up paying more that $20? Are you serious? You hate them because you hardly ever buy games which isn't a case for alot of us.

Also the $20 probably only applies to a insanely small amount of Cagers, we like to buy games new or even get happy when it's $30 if it's for a good game not only the super cheap deals and when they come out(only applies to great games) and Gamestop is much better to buy from because the employees there actually know something unlike most of the retards at Target or Walmart. Hell, I'll choose Gamestop over ever other store (sometimes Gamecrazy if I can find a good deal there) because they have a huge library and I really don't like buying online much, sure I can find it cheaper on Ebay but I like B&M since I can see my stuff before buying.

Also about the TIV, do they have a knife up to your neck demanding you trade in games? You don't have to and if someone is desperate and wants a game fast then let them, it's their choice to trade something in. You have all these complaints about them yet I have yet to see another retail store that matches them. No I don't care about Pricegrabber.com, I want you to point out a major chain that does what gamestop does but better, also the customer service at gamestop near me is excellent, they always help me find what I want and even point me out to where I can find if it isn't there./end rant[/quote]

I do like being able to see what I'm buying before I buy it, but save for THE 'big game' for me(GTA IV), I haven't found a single game worth $60 or even $30(except for Conan, which is a decent enough God Of War clone) yet on the PS3. Now, back on the Xbox I found multiple games well worth the $30-50 I paid for them, but since becoming a CAG I try not to spend alot of money on ONE game anymore.

I definitely know I aggravated the people at one of my local GS stores back in January of this year, since I took my entire last gen game collection(98 games) there and after they totalled everything up I told them NO THANKS and walked down to FYE to check what they would give me.

The service at the GS stores around here is meh at best, though I am a bit abrasive and tell them "I'm just looking" when pestered about pre-ordering or whatever else.

As for playing online and all of the buzz, Bigdaddy, I have to say that GTA IV has been my FIRST experience with online gaming on a console and I DO enjoy it. But, the people who treat free mode like deathmatch have gotta go.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I do like being able to see what I'm buying before I buy it, but save for THE 'big game' for me(GTA IV), I haven't found a single game worth $60 or even $30(except for Conan, which is a decent enough God Of War clone) yet on the PS3. Now, back on the Xbox I found multiple games well worth the $30-50 I paid for them, but since becoming a CAG I try not to spend alot of money on ONE game anymore.

I definitely know I aggravated the people at one of my local GS stores back in January of this year, since I took my entire last gen game collection(98 games) there and after they totalled everything up I told them NO THANKS and walked down to FYE to check what they would give me.

The service at the GS stores around here is meh at best, though I am a bit abrasive and tell them "I'm just looking" when pestered about pre-ordering or whatever else.

As for playing online and all of the buzz, Bigdaddy, I have to say that GTA IV has been my FIRST experience with online gaming on a console and I DO enjoy it. But, the people who treat free mode like deathmatch have gotta go.[/QUOTE]
I never did like GTA4 online, no one cares about playing by the rules and every game mode seems like it's just run around like a retard until you can shoot something that moves. Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield Bad Company are some great examples of multiplayer gaming at their finest (guess I gotta throw Halo 3 up there since there is a great variety of modes).

[quote name='xMalachi']I work at Gamestop and still haven't heard anything about this has anyone seen anything? I guess what I mean is it going to be at select stores also or no?[/quote]

Has anyone else confirmed this besides OP? There's a lot of GS emps on here, anybody see this sale upcoming?:?:

I didn't see it asked earlier, but are these going to be in a bin at the store, or just still on the racks where they normally are?

Depends if the store has enough time to prep. A manager I talked to yesterday was told that there would be a 50% off sale starting Thursday, but was not told what would be on sale...

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I never did like GTA4 online, no one cares about playing by the rules and every game mode seems like it's just run around like a retard until you can shoot something that moves. Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield Bad Company are some great examples of multiplayer gaming at their finest (guess I gotta throw Halo 3 up there since there is a great variety of modes).[/quote]

I tend to have my teammates quit on me mid game in team deathmatch and/or team mafiya work, so usually I'm left to get massacred by myself.

Although the one night I played a deathmatch mode where they JUST had RPG's turned on. Even though you were easily getting killed every 20-30 seconds(you respawned close too), it was fun as hell.

Now, if they added a 'zombie' mode or something along those lines, where the other players have to survive the players with the zombie skin attacking them, that might be interesting for a bit.

Either way, this is my first taste of playing online and I've found that in free mode I just tend to do the same crap I do in the normal game once I'm done with the storyline, which is cause havoc.

I just noticed that Prey dropped to $8 in the last day. You wonder if this is them taking 50% off some older used prices and trying to strum up business on titles that have been sitting there, without actually giving a good discount. Wouldn't be the first time, after all.

If not, three and change, after Edge, for Prey sounds even more dandy, now.

The best thing to do, to determine what the game(s) people in this thread ARE interested in will ring up as, is to check them on the site before hitting up the store.

Although, even if a game is mismarked with a higher price, it SHOULD ring up the lower price. I just don't wanna see anyone get screwed on this deal.

Considering The Darkness and The Club. Should run for $9 and $15 respectively, before Edge card and trying to use the 10% coupon. Hopefully both work, and it'll be savings+++. I'm going to go trade in my broken Xbox tomorrow for $30, so I might be more inclined to pick up a game. But then again, I'm saving for that PS3... >.< Having so much credit is so tempting, I swear.

[quote name='Capitalizt']GS in Louisville KY confirmed the sale starts tomorrow.[/quote]

I'm in Louisville as well. What area's are you normally in? You didn't happen to be the one to snatch up all the Nights for Wii from the Meijers were you?

[quote name='whymustiregister']Depends if the store has enough time to prep. A manager I talked to yesterday was told that there would be a 50% off sale starting Thursday, but was not told what would be on sale...[/quote]

Two stores I frequent already had the bins out in front and the games tagged behind the counter for the sale to start Thursday.

Incidentally, if you preordered Fable 2, check with your GS. Mine already had the pub games cards in, but the code will not work as of 11:30 CST tonight.

yea Prey is listed on the main price drop section as 3.99, but when you click on it, it goes back up to 7.99. Probably just a glitch for the new price.

edit: never mind, its working now. IS the The Club worth 12 or 13 bucks? I am kinda of interested in this one.

Since they marked the price down normally instead of via code/promotion, I wonder if the 10% off coupon would work. Of course, going off the current price, the prime flippable atm (NCAA MM '08) would still only be 12.49 * 0.8 = 9.99, which is what it was anyway when speculated. Oh well, guess I'll find out if they stack today.

[quote name='Nirron']Since they marked the price down normally instead of via code/promotion, I wonder if the 10% off coupon would work. Of course, going off the current price, the prime flippable atm (NCAA MM '08) would still only be 12.49 * 0.8 = 9.99, which is what it was anyway when speculated. Oh well, guess I'll find out if they stack today.[/quote]

yes it does, and even the 26% of code works.

[quote name='DaDeuce']I'm in Louisville as well. What area's are you normally in? You didn't happen to be the one to snatch up all the Nights for Wii from the Meijers were you?[/quote]

No I didn't steal all the Nights ;) And I go to Hurstbourne lane right by that Blockbuster there. There is one shop next to Blockbuster, and another Gamestop about 50 feet away by Half Priced books.

They put all the games (that are on this list) out in front of the store. So I got The Club (with Edge 10% of the ORIGINAL price) for $11.99! Thanks OP!

[quote name='paean']They put all the games (that are on this list) out in front of the store. So I got The Club (with Edge 10% of the ORIGINAL price) for $11.99! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
Really? Was it a seperate promo that rang up lowering it to 14.99? 11.99 is just a tad more than doing it with 26% off on the site... plus not having to get a 25 dollar purchase for free shipping.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Really? Was it a seperate promo that rang up lowering it to 14.99? 11.99 is just a tad more than doing it with 26% off on the site... plus not having to get a 25 dollar purchase for free shipping.[/quote]

Seems to be about 10%, because that is what it comes out to with the 10% off coupon + Edge card.

Ok this sale is going on. You just gotta remind the Cashier. I got both The Club and X-Men (360) for under $20 total.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Seems to be about 10%, because that is what it comes out to with the 10% off coupon + Edge card.[/QUOTE]
Well, the poster said his Edge card took 10% off the original price of 29.99, which would be 3.00 (just like using the 10% coupon+Edge)
If the coupon and Edge took off of original price, that would be a real nice discount.

Was "Prey" really as bad as people say? I liked the Demo. That with the darkness, may be an OK buy.
And where are the PS3 games?
Or are they still trying to get 49.99 for the greatest hits titles?
I'm not being sarcastic. I haven't been in store for a while. I'm just wondering if they've at least dropped the PS3 greatest hits titles to reasonable prices.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Has anyone else confirmed this besides OP? There's a lot of GS emps on here, anybody see this sale upcoming?:?:[/quote]

Started today in Fenton, MO. Good thing for the store as the $10 and under PS2 bin was overflowing, and they still had more copies of stuff in the back. They have had a LOT of business in people trading/buying used PS2 games.

[quote name='sunnysky']Was "Prey" really as bad as people say? I liked the Demo. That with the darkness, may be an OK buy.
And where are the PS3 games?
Or are they still trying to get 49.99 for the greatest hits titles?
I'm not being sarcastic. I haven't been in store for a while. I'm just wondering if they've at least dropped the PS3 greatest hits titles to reasonable prices.[/quote]

Prey has a meatacritic score of 79 and for 3.99, before savings, how could you possibly go wrong? I'm in for one and in for a copy of The Club.

For those who don't know, these are available ONLINE. Just snagged these:

Full Spectrum Warrior 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $1.49
clear.gif
ESPN NBA 2K5 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $0.49
clear.gif
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $4.99
clear.gif
Kill.Switch 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $3.49
clear.gif
Wreckless Yakuza - Used 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $1.49
clear.gif
Genji: Dawn of The Samurai 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $3.49
clear.gif
Armored Core 2 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $2.49
clear.gif
Extermination 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $3.99
clear.gif
Links 2004 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $1.49
clear.gif
Dead to Rights Platinum 1 Usually Ships In 24 Hours $1.99

after CAG16 and Edge, total with tax was $20.30 shipped :)

If you are a sports fan, you can't beat NBA2K5 for .50, along with a few other .50 sports games ;)

So... apparently the earlier start date is VERY YMMV. I went to a total of five GSs, only one of which had the games at the 50% off rate. At that store, they actually had the GameDays signage on the rack that had the games, with a ghetto, notebook paper sign taped to it that said 'On Selected Titles!'. They had a copy of the Darkness and the Club, both of which I picked up. They didn't take my 10% off coupon, but they did stack the EDGE on the original value, so I got the Darkness at $7.19 and The Club at $11.99. The Club was severely scratched, but it was the only disc they had so I'm just going to return it to a more local Gamestop this afternoon. All in all... a fruitful day. Two good games for less than $20.

Wow, nothing I want from the original Xbox titles actually works on the 360. Too bad the sale doesn't include the PS2 versions of Time Splitters, Castlevania, or From Russia With Love. Boo to you, MS.

9 games that I really want for $30.00 including genji, darkness, prey, Castlevania and Kill.Switch. Great Deal, now I have over 20 360 games, but no system but hopefully the Dell deal comes through.

Well, like I said... they didn't take my 10% coupon. Mostly because it read that it's not valid with other promotions, and 50% off is certainly a promotion. I didn't complain; 60% off is great.

bread's done
Back