50% Trade-in bonus at Gamestop

[quote name='kk012']Does anyone know if any SF Bay Area GS have this 50% trade-in bonus?[/QUOTE]

Serra Center in Colma

37 Colma Boulevard
Colma, CA 94014
(650) 756-6370 If you want to call and verify.

[quote name='Thechaosdivision']Serra Center in Colma

37 Colma Boulevard
Colma, CA 94014
(650) 756-6370 If you want to call and verify.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

The San Carlos GS is running the 50% trade-in promotion. There is even a sign hung up above the register area.

It here in valley stream NY

Also happening at The Plant in San Jose, CA. The guy said this is the only store in their area doing this (and it's in the same plaza as a Best Buy).

Ever notice that when gamestop has a promotion like this going on that they conveniently 'forget' to give the bonus?

I've never had a positive experience trading something in to gamestop.

[quote name='VA']Ever notice that when gamestop has a promotion like this going on that they conveniently 'forget' to give the bonus?

I've never had a positive experience trading something in to gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. Bonuses are automatic in their computer system.

To everyone who keep asking, it seems the consensus is that all stores close to a Best Buy are running the 50% bonus deal. So if you have a store close to a Best Buy, give them a call.

[quote name='ScottBigGame']Absolutely not. Bonuses are automatic in their computer system.

To everyone who keep asking, it seems the consensus is that all stores close to a Best Buy are running the 50% bonus deal. So if you have a store close to a Best Buy, give them a call.[/QUOTE]

My GS manager confirmed that the stores that have it, have it because they are by a Best Buy.

I have a huge question, i have three games to trade in Portal 2, Infamous 2, Mortal kombat 9,
in Best buy
Portal2=20
infamous 2=24
mortal kombat=23
total=67 + 40%
preorder bounus= 25.6
Best Buy Final trade in Credit=89.6

by the trade-in Value on CaG for gamestop
P2=18
I2=25
MK=24
T=66+50%=99
so i'm wondering does it stack with the 10 %
and if it does is it 10% added first or 50% first?

[quote name='Silence4520']I have a huge question, i have three games to trade in Portal 2, Infamous 2, Mortal kombat 9,
in Best buy
Portal2=20
infamous 2=24
mortal kombat=23
total=67 + 40%
preorder bounus= 25.6
Best Buy Final trade in Credit=89.6

by the trade-in Value on CaG for gamestop
P2=18
I2=25
MK=24
T=66+50%=99
so i'm wondering does it stack with the 10 %
and if it does is it 10% added first or 50% first?[/QUOTE]

The 10% stacks, but the value you get after one bonus doesn't then get increased by another bonus. You'll just get 60% extra, not 10% then 50% or vice versa.

[quote name='KtMack23']The 10% stacks, but the value you get after one bonus doesn't then get increased by another bonus. You'll just get 60% extra, not 10% then 50% or vice versa.[/QUOTE]

what if i pre order like MW3 then will it be 90% ?

[quote name='Silence4520']what if i pre order like MW3 then will it be 90% ?[/QUOTE]

No those don't stack with the 50%. This isn't gamestops first time around the trade in block lol.

[quote name='onyzukae']ANYTHING IN Los Angeles., CA ?
and GS take "not for resale" copy?[/QUOTE]

Hm need to find one in LA too. And they should take a not for resale copy. I mean if they don't, then just give it to them disk only ;)

9/10
Red Dead Redemption (360) - $14
Wrong thread.

My GS wasn't running the 50% and there's a Best Buy across the street. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
9/10
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)- $14
Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)- $10
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3)- $12
Killzone 3 (PS3)- $11

with 50% deal and PUR 10%
TOTAL= 75.20

bought Dead Island and remaining balance went to Battlefield 3 (PS3)

[quote name='VA']Ever notice that when gamestop has a promotion like this going on that they conveniently 'forget' to give the bonus?

I've never had a positive experience trading something in to gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Ummm the computers give the bonus it's automatic

Does anybody know if the 50% extra applies towards the trade in of Gamecube games because I am looking towards trading in my old Gamecube and it's games so it would be easier to just trade everything into Gamestop especially if the extra 50% applies. Thanks

I called two Gamestops. One is 2 blocks from a BB, no 50% bonus promo. The other is in the same mall as a BB, 50% bonus promo "until the 18th, I believe" is what he said.

Gamestop in Levittown, NY (across from Bestbuy) has the extra 50%.

Clerk said this is the only store on Long Island doing the promo.

[quote name='mike95']Gamestop in Levittown, NY (across from Bestbuy) has the extra 50%.

Clerk said this is the only store on Long Island doing the promo.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you just saved me a trip. Thank you! Did they say when it was over?

Now I just gotta figure out Star Fox 3D's TIV, which they of course won't tell me over the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
For you Mainers out there, Topsham has the deal going on. I also called Augusta, and the employee had no clue what I was talking about.

Does anybody know if the 50% bonus is going to end tonight as a weekend promotion or if it usually lasts longer?

[quote name='kk012']Does anyone know if any SF Bay Area GS have this 50% trade-in bonus?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='xBabax']Does anybody know if the 50% bonus is going to end tonight as a weekend promotion or if it usually lasts longer?[/QUOTE]

gamestop #0892 in dublin, california has 50% bonus. CSR says promo runs thru 9/18. and surprise, surprise, bbuy's a stone's throw away. happy trading!

The guy at the Topsham, ME store said today was the last day for it. Not only is the promo YMMV, but I guess the duration is too.

found one in olathe on Stragline, right down the road from... you guessed it! Best Buy. Traded in some stuff I wasnt playing for resistance 3 and star fox 3ds!

The clerk insisted that it was just a coincidence that all the gamestops doing this promotion were near best buys and that best buy posed no threat to them lol.

[quote name='xBabax']Does anybody know if the 50% extra applies towards the trade in of Gamecube games because I am looking towards trading in my old Gamecube and it's games so it would be easier to just trade everything into Gamestop especially if the extra 50% applies. Thanks[/QUOTE]

It's for ANY game.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']found one in olathe on Stragline, right down the road from... you guessed it! Best Buy. Traded in some stuff I wasnt playing for resistance 3 and star fox 3ds!

The clerk insisted that it was just a coincidence that all the gamestops doing this promotion were near best buys and that best buy posed no threat to them lol.[/QUOTE]

With BB doing 50% on preorders for Gears 3, they might want to keep this promotion on a little bit longer or do their own 50% for Gears.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']With BB doing 50% on preorders for Gears 3, they might want to keep this promotion on a little bit longer or do their own 50% for Gears.[/QUOTE]

GameStop: We Know We Should, But We Don't.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']With BB doing 50% on preorders for Gears 3, they might want to keep this promotion on a little bit longer or do their own 50% for Gears.[/QUOTE]

when does that start?

Started today, and goes until the 17th, I believe. Bonus 50% on all trades if you put $5 down on GoW3. Starting Monday (today), you can sign up for their GamerZone or whatever, which is $15/year for a magazine with coupons and a card that stacks an additional 10% on your trades.

bread's done
Back