75% off N64 and PS1 Games @ EB/GS

bsschorr

CAGiversary!
The old B1G1 sale appears to be over and is being replaced with a 75% off sale; plus the 10% off for your Game Informer card comes off the original (and the the dicounted price), makes the deal closer to 85% off. It also appears that the old N64 and PS1 games are being consolidated in select stores, so many stores will not have any games and some will have a ridiculous amount. YMMV and good luck.

Honestly Vinny, ya have to fully look at every disc, not just the covers, since some may SAY Madden, but be Chrono Cross. You never know, since I found one of the discs for Wing Commander IV in the sleeve for Chrono Cross. Mind you, I never DID find the CC disc, but still, I had hope of finding it then.

EDIT: I was trying to mention seeing the movie Sicko while out in NJ(since it wasn't playing around here) and apparently some of those who responded disliked Michael Moore's movies and it started with a back and forth. And, imo, them wanting drug companies and insurance companies to make HUGE profits is a farce, since some of those companies are NOT supposed to be about profits.

But, I digress and wish someone WOULD come in and delete those posts, leaving only the relevant stuff. I just mentioned seeing the movie in passing, didn't think it would start a whole convo about it. But, I also don't think we have to have someone snitch and ask for Shrike or whichever mod to come in and 'fix' this since I'm done responding about it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Honestly Vinny, ya have to fully look at every disc, not just the covers, since some may SAY Madden, but be Chrono Cross. You never know, since I found one of the discs for Wing Commander IV in the sleeve for Chrono Cross. Mind you, I never DID find the CC disc, but still, I had hope of finding it then.[/QUOTE]

Believe me... I wanted to. But they were all disc only (in those yellow sleeves) and going through them one by one for two bins was too much for me. It was just the same few things over and over. I think I ran into a RollCage and my jaw hit the floor. I was stunned!:lol:

I might go back. The guy there is cool as hell and he knows I dig older games. Last time he printed out a list and I was able to pick out some sweet games. He asked me if I wanted a list again but I said no since I figured it be nearly impossible to find something in that mess.

[quote name='Vinny']Believe me... I wanted to. But they were all disc only (in those yellow sleeves) and going through them one by one for two bins was too much for me. It was just the same few things over and over. I think I ran into a RollCage and my jaw hit the floor. I was stunned!:lol:

I might go back. The guy there is cool as hell and he knows I dig older games. Last time he printed out a list and I was able to pick out some sweet games. He asked me if I wanted a list again but I said no since I figured it be nearly impossible to find something in that mess.[/quote]

Have him print up the list, mark the ones you want and then have them look for it. I was hoping the stores around here would get another shipment in. I could use a copy of Brigandine right now.

But see, that's when patience is a real virtue, since I found 2 copies of Saga Frontier 2 by digging through some 4-5 shelves of mostly disc only games. But, I think the one clerk wanted a copy of it, so I handed him one of the two.

I also found the original Parasite Eve and Alundra 2 at another store with mostly disc only games, so the hidden treasures ARE there, even if you have to sort through 400-2000 discs to find them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Also, you ASSUME I don't have a job, yet know NOTHING about me. That's the greatest thing about internet message boards, you can ASSUME things about people and for all you know in your little mind, they are true, right?[/QUOTE]

I really don't want to hijack this thread further, but since you appear to have taken the discussion personally I will toss a couple more comments out there and then try my best to leave it be.

I didn't "ASSUME", I clicked your profile. Here's what it says in case you forgot:
"Occupation:
Is loafer a job? LOL
"
So, while I appreciate the kind comments I can't take credit for making the assumption I am credited with. I just took your word for it...

Anyway, we can go on arguing about how screwed up health care in America is and to some extent we agree. My point (having used socialized health care) is that America's health care is still better, warts and all. Cuban health care, as affordable as it may be simply doesn't even offer much of the care that can be had in America. This is without even addressing things like the fact that most Cubans are dirt poor. We are talking about wages that are in the range of $10 per month. Socialized health care does function best when you take individual freedoms out of it. I'll take my freedom and if I can I'll take some more freedom for good measure. If I want I'll have cable, the internet, a big ass HD TV and no health insurance if that's how I choose to live my life. Go to Germany, get a job and 28% of your wages (what they took from my wife) will be taken for health care no matter what. You have no choice in the matter. Heck, even decent jobs are hard to get because employers are reluctant to hire full time employees since they would HAVE to pay health care. The result? Their unemployment rate is double what it is in America.

Here's the bottom line. Our system isn't perfect, but don't fool yourself into thinkings the alternatives are so great. We should try to better our system, but not by emulating inferior ones... they come over here in rafts for a reason.

Actually, the 'is loafer a job? lol' thing was a joke, but I expected someone to eventually read into that too deeply.

I do agree that we should agree to disagree and be done with this convo, rather than thread jack it more. :whistle2:X

I just wish health insurers actually seemed to care about their members, instead of trying to find every reason to deny coverage and jack rates, then I wouldn't be so jaded about them. The same goes for the drug companies. So, you spent millions on researching this and you made your money back in spades, now lower the price so those whose insurance will either deny coverage for it or those too poor(or like me just annoyed at the high rates n low service)can actually afford it to save their life.

[quote name='dddymac13']Does anyone know of any real, legit websites to still buy used N64 games? Other then ebay and amazon and those....I found a site called "usedgames.com" but don't know how legit and trustworthy it is. Does anyone know of any sites still left?[/QUOTE].

dddymac13 honestly any site that still carries N64 games is probably going to be rather expensive probably even to the point that anything still worth playing will probably even be more expensive then what you can get it for on the average on eBay.

When the old EBgames site went under so did the last good website to find a lot of different retro games at cheap to good prices.

[quote name='rxdoga']Have him print up the list, mark the ones you want and then have them look for it. I was hoping the stores around here would get another shipment in. I could use a copy of Brigandine right now.[/QUOTE]

Nah, the guys cool as hell. He's let me slide through on so many deals. Plus, I made him look through all those games once in which he found me plenty of gems (complete Persona 2 and many disc only games including: Lunar, Vagrant Story, Saga Frontier 2).

I think I'll have him print out a list and see if there's anything in there. Then I'll actually try and look for them.

[quote name='rxdoga']I could use a copy of Brigandine right now.[/quote]

me too :cry:. still have my minty case, i let someone borrow it and the ahole didnt return it, doh :bomb:

I went to Knoebel's Amusement Park in Elysburg, PA yesterday, on the way there, I stopped in the Buckhorn, PA Gamestop(in the Walmart Plaza) and grabbed the following:

PS1:

Capcom vs SNK Pro(disc only)
Playstation Underground(package says from 1998,the one with the demo of Tomba, but the disc is Summer 2k)

Both are up for trade.

I also picked up:

Genesis:

MK 1, 2 and 3 and Eternal Champions....all cart only....keeping all but Eternal Champions. I will test all these games within the next couple days and report back on the condition of the ones up for trade.

They also had copies of Tobal No. 1 and NamcoMuseum vol 3 for PS1, but both looked like ass, so I left them.

Yeah, as long as you can find a store still selling the classic games. Good luck finding them, unless you ask your local GS manager where their 'dump' store is for your area.

[quote name='tarouza']how do you check what stores have what at gamestop b/c i tried looking up persona 2 on the site and all they had was teh guide[/quote]

Do that search again then look at the very bottom at the small text. Click on Show backordered used products that may be available in stores.

[quote name='themightypencil']I swear ive called nealy every store in ohio(mostly northeastern) and havent found dump site yet...anyone able to correct me on this one?[/quote]

Ask to speak to the manager. He should be able to tell you where the districts dump store is or at least tell you who can.

what exactly is a dump store, ther put all the older games or games that havent been bought into one large gamestop? i m going to ask my manager where my local one is.

A dump store is exactly that, LilPaintballer, it's a store that GS just sends all the older games into when they don't want to deal with them or don't feel they're selling in a particular area anymore.

For example, I know there's THREE of them around my area, with one being 20 miles away, the second being 30ish and the last one being over 40-50 miles from my house. I've only hit the second and third ones when I'm down that way for work or when my one friend wants to take a road trip.

Either way, I've found some good stuff in some of the stores, stuff like:

Saga Frontier II
Devil Dice
Wing Commander IV(discs 1,2 and 4 only dammit)

And just tons of other games that I either had once or wanted to try and hell, at the prices they're only going for now, how can you say NO? Of course, you still have to check condition, since many times the discs are seriously fucked up looking. I turned down a Tobal No. 1 last week alone for the fact that it was ALL scratched to shit.

You just have to hope that your local GS managers don't pull a bs like the one closest to me did and say they dumped the dumped PS1 games off on another store but cherry picked those things first, finding stuff like Persona and other good games prior to sending them out.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
You just have to hope that your local GS managers don't pull a bs like the one closest to me did and say they dumped the dumped PS1 games off on another store but cherry picked those things first, finding stuff like Persona and other good games prior to sending them out.[/quote]

I have the reverse problem... the GS clerk at my favorite store knows the value of games and has nabbed many RPGs from the in-bound shipments before they even hit the floor. #-o

I typically luck out if its disc only in the dime-a-dozen generic GS cases, that's how I found Tales of Destiny and Threads of Fate.

LOL I think that's how I found the 2 copies of Saga Frontier II, since both were just in generic cases with no inserts or manuals. But, I'm still annoyed, since the one really local store that just dumped off their dumped games on another store cherry picked the damned games after the prior employees at that same store left the games sitting in a huge bin in the back for MONTHS.

I KNEW there had to be something decent in that collection of what seemed like shit, but I could never bring myself to search every last game while they had them out, so I screwed myself over by not doing that I suppose.

so at the dump store everything is cheaper? i hope one is near me i could use a few older guides and ps1 games. can i check online for these "dump stores".

Edit- I think i may have found it fulton ave. in heampsted (yikes, may not want to ride my bike around there, from what i hear). that seems to be it because online witht he store avaiablity thing all the games that arent everywhere else are there.

No, at a dump store you'll actually find the games. The prices are the same everywhere. The vast majority of stores long ago stopped selling PS1-N64 games.

Well if you do find something decent, then you have to hope it's in good condition. Seen so many scratchy disks.

I may hit up the moved dump store locally tomorrow or later tonight if I put some gas in the tank of my families car. Easiest way to do that though, is to flip a copy or two of some games getting decent cash prices @ FYE right now.

Although, with the clerks at the store they WERE at telling me how they picked through them, there's probably jack left by now.

I had quite a find today.

Breath of Fire IV (Still with factory seal) $7.50 x 2
Batman Beyond (Complete) 2.00
Duke Nukem Time to Kill (Complete) 0.75
Star Wars Rebel Assault 2 (disc only) 1.25

I found a couple more games at a far off GS dump store yesterday:

All disc only, but all came in generic cd cases:

Lucky Luke-$1.25(marked $1.25, rang up .75)
PS Underground Jampack(Fall 01)-$.75(rang up .45)
PS Underground Jampack(copyright 1998, could be the one with the Tomba demo on it)-$.75(also only .45)

Got them all for $1.75 total. Not bad, since I've been looking for more of the Jampacks, since I'm running outta coasters at my house. LOL j/k

Edit- I think i may have found it fulton ave. in heampsted (yikes, may not want to ride my bike around there, from what i hear). that seems to be it because online witht he store avaiablity thing all the games that arent everywhere else are there.

Tell me you just misspelled Hempstead... and that you are talking about the Hempstead in New York.

So apparently the Planet X(Owned by GS but goes under that name I guess) on 3710 Route 9, POB 1213 Suite 216, in Freehold, NJ 07728 (732)308-1182 has Point Blank 2 with the Guncon, I didn't think any store within 200 miles of me would have the game with the guncon.

[quote name='nyprimus4']So apparently the Planet X(Owned by GS but goes under that name I guess) on 3710 Route 9, POB 1213 Suite 216, in Freehold, NJ 07728 (732)308-1182 has Point Blank 2 with the Guncon, I didn't think any store within 200 miles of me would have the game with the guncon.[/quote]

I've found that when you least expect to, you can find complete PS1 games which you wouldn't expect to find with everything packaged with it by now. Although, I've also noticed that MANY times, the umpteen copies of Madden are complete and near mint, while all of the other NON-sports games look like ass and you're lucky if all of the discs are even THERE.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've also noticed that MANY times, the umpteen copies of Madden are complete and near mint, while all of the other NON-sports games look like ass and you're lucky if all of the discs are even THERE.[/quote]

I've noticed that months ago.

I'm hoping it's that GS/EB over-ordered sports games and they didnt sell. Until now.

Anyway, I still buy them for ass-cheap since they actually have mint cases. I gut them, give the cases to the RPG's that desperately cry for housing, and ditch the sports titles or give them as freebies.

I just hope when my one local GS gets in the games from the other local dump stores that there are still games other than Madden or NBA or the other sports games, since I never did pick up some of the ones I wanted that weren't uber rare or otherwise tough to find.

i hate you all still! i wish i had a "dump store". 2 of the 3 gamestops around me had tons of psone games. they vanished tho when this sale happened. there is another one opening up...i hope its a dump store ::crosses fingers::

I think I found a dump store. Gamestop.com says they have a few PS1 games I was looking for, and I remember they had a bunch late last year... Here's to hoping!

Well, it looks like I finally found a copy of the PS Underground Jampack disc WITH the Tomba/Jersey Devil and Metal Gear Solid demos on it to go with the case I have from another dump store, which had a disc from Summer of 2000 in it.

It only took going out of the area on a road trip and finding another dump store, which unfortunately had next to no other good games at it, aside from that game and one called Lucky Luke(which is amazingly simplistic, but fun as well).

its weird...on the GS website it says a store near me has a copy of Lunar 2 but when i went there they said the dont sell psx games anymore...just to be sure i called another day and they said they shiped theres out a long while ago...so WTF is up with the web site...im hopes were crushed :cry:

[quote name='refusedchaos']its weird...on the GS website it says a store near me has a copy of Lunar 2 but when i went there they said the dont sell psx games anymore...just to be sure i called another day and they said they shiped theres out a long while ago...so WTF is up with the web site...im hopes were crushed :cry:[/quote]

im guessing that these stores shipped them out without clearing it out of their invetory. thats why it still shows up.

My one local GS supposedly has Everblue 2 in stock with as many as 3 copies(1-3 on the site), I just hope it's not another false alarm, as I'm dying to play a diving game. I haven't played one since Treasures Of The Deep on the PS1.

[quote name='phear3d']im guessing that these stores shipped them out without clearing it out of their invetory. thats why it still shows up.[/quote]

Yes, I think that's what happened. I went to one store that used to have ps1 (like 2 months ago) and their inventory said a bunch of good titles. Of course, tho, they said they shipped them out to another store, even tho all the games were still there online....

[quote name='partygirlie21']Yes, I think that's what happened. I went to one store that used to have ps1 (like 2 months ago) and their inventory said a bunch of good titles. Of course, tho, they said they shipped them out to another store, even tho all the games were still there online....[/QUOTE]

My store too. It seems pretty common for stores to accidently overlook this.

I found a lone PS1 game at a strip mall store yesterday.... but it was a good one! Blast Lacrosse, complete, stuck in the GBA case. $0.75 after Edge.

They said it was the last PS1 game that store would ever sell, and considering the snickers I got when I asked for it, sounds like it was a mistake that they had it in the first place.

A store actally recieved more PSX games; I stumbled in randomly looking for pennied guides and the 75% off shelves were FULL.

For my collection (complete...or at least with original jewel case)
Ape Escape
Bogey: Dead 6
Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 2
Die Hard Trilogy 2
E.T.': Interplanetary Mission
Forsaken
Men in Black: The Series: Crashdown
Monster Rancher Battle Card Episode II
MTV Music Generator
Nuclear Strike
Populous: The Beginning
Project Overkill
Shooter: Starfighter Sanvein
Starwinder
Syphon Filter
The Bombing Islands
Tigershark
Wipeout 3
Wipeout XL

...(disc only):
Alien Resurrection
Arcade Party Pack
Batman: Gotham City Racer
Centipede
DragonBallZ: Ultimate Battle 22
Dune 2000
Fighter Maker
Galaga
Gubble
Jeopardy
Jersey Devil
Jupiter Strike
Largo Winch .// Commando Bar
Marble Master
Mortal Kombat: Special Forces
Nanotek Warrior
Ninja: Shadow of Darkness
Novastorm
Nuclear Strike
Pinobee
Point Blank 2
Professional Underground League of Pain
Q-Bert
Rampage Through Time
Resident Evil
Saga Frontier 2
Saiyuki: Journey West
Steel Reign
Tekken 2 (gift for a friend who asked me to find one for him)
The Fifth Element
The Incredible Hulk
TRAG: Mission of Mercy

The employees openly admit to flipping through the complete stuff and grabbing the good things first (Final Fantasies, etc.), so I didn't find too much in the way of boxed with manual...but there were more disc-only treasres to be had:

for trading/flipping:
Bombing Islands
Colony Wars III: Red Sun
Dance Dance Revolution Konamix
Digimon World 3
Dune 2000
Eternal Eyes
Evil Dead: Hail to the King
Evil Zone
Gransteam Saga (x2)
King of Fighters '99
Kingsley's Adventure
Loaded
Mega Man x4 (x2)
Mega Man x5
Mega Man x6
Metal Gear Solid (x3)
Metal Gear Solid: The VR Missions
Monopoly
Monster Rancher 2 (x4)
Nuclear Strike (x2)
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Pandemonium
Rampage: Universal Tour
Resident Evil
Risk
Soviet Strike (x3)
Space Invaders
Spider-Man
Tetris Plus (x3)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (x2)
Time Crisis
Twisted Metal 3
Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style

...(with case)
Bomber Man Party Edition
Darkstone (complete)
Mega Man x4
Syphon Filter (x3, complete, 1 GH)

Total Spent: About $100 even. Approximately $0.95 per game on average.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']A store actally recieved more PSX games; I stumbled in randomly looking for pennied guides and the 75% off shelves were FULL.

For my collection (complete...or at least with original jewel case)
Ape Escape
Bogey: Dead 6
Disney/Pixar's Toy Story 2
Die Hard Trilogy 2
E.T.': Interplanetary Mission
Forsaken
Men in Black: The Series: Crashdown
Monster Rancher Battle Card Episode II
MTV Music Generator
Nuclear Strike
Populous: The Beginning
Project Overkill
Shooter: Starfighter Sanvein
Starwinder
Syphon Filter
The Bombing Islands
Tigershark
Wipeout 3
Wipeout XL

...(disc only):
Alien Resurrection
Arcade Party Pack
Batman: Gotham City Racer
Centipede
DragonBallZ: Ultimate Battle 22
Dune 2000
Fighter Maker
Galaga
Gubble
Jeopardy
Jersey Devil
Jupiter Strike
Largo Winch .// Commando Bar
Marble Master
Mortal Kombat: Special Forces
Nanotek Warrior
Ninja: Shadow of Darkness
Novastorm
Nuclear Strike
Pinobee
Point Blank 2
Professional Underground League of Pain
Q-Bert
Rampage Through Time
Resident Evil
Saga Frontier 2
Saiyuki: Journey West
Steel Reign
Tekken 2 (gift for a friend who asked me to find one for him)
The Fifth Element
The Incredible Hulk
TRAG: Mission of Mercy

The employees openly admit to flipping through the complete stuff and grabbing the good things first (Final Fantasies, etc.), so I didn't find too much in the way of boxed with manual...but there were more disc-only treasres to be had:

for trading/flipping:
Bombing Islands
Colony Wars III: Red Sun
Dance Dance Revolution Konamix
Digimon World 3
Dune 2000
Eternal Eyes
Evil Dead: Hail to the King
Evil Zone
Gransteam Saga (x2)
King of Fighters '99
Kingsley's Adventure
Loaded
Mega Man x4 (x2)
Mega Man x5
Mega Man x6
Metal Gear Solid (x3)
Metal Gear Solid: The VR Missions
Monopoly
Monster Rancher 2 (x4)
Nuclear Strike (x2)
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Pandemonium
Rampage: Universal Tour
Resident Evil
Risk
Soviet Strike (x3)
Space Invaders
Spider-Man
Tetris Plus (x3)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park (x2)
Time Crisis
Twisted Metal 3
Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style

...(with case)
Bomber Man Party Edition
Darkstone (complete)
Mega Man x4
Syphon Filter (x3, complete, 1 GH)

Total Spent: About $100 even. Approximately $0.95 per game on average.[/quote]

Let it be said, for the record, I am VERY JEALOUS of that list. All the rednecks around here bought or traded in were complete copies of every stinkin' Madden game from the start of the PS1/N64 era up till the current gen.

The unique games(like the Strike series from EA) are hard to come by and forget even finding the older fighting titles for the PS1. Sick part is, I probably had a bunch of those at one point(the Strike series, the Rampages, Wu Tang Shaolin Style) and I stupidly traded them all into EB for what I thought at that moment was 'good' credit.

I went with a friend out to the center part of PA last weekend for a trip and the one store I stopped in had PS1/N64 games, every stupid NBA/NHL or NFL title you could possibly think of.

I'm just glad they're consolidating the dump stores around here into a more LOCAL one, so I don't have to go 35 miles to look and not find anything worthwhile. Although, it also sucks in a way, since I've already looked through ALL of those games already, so I doubt I'll find anything truly GOOD in the binload of shit they're bound to have forever at the new main dump store.

Only good part is the idiots working that store told me they're supposed to have SYSTEMS too, so if I could just find a WORKING N64 for 75% off, I'd be SUPER happy.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style[/quote]

:O Tell me where!!!! hopefully it's at a GS that isn't out of the way. Also, good job on finding Ape Escape. I was asking around to try and find a copy because I got addicted to AE3.

I found Digimon 1 and 2 disc only (disc in mint condition) and Megamax X5 (mint condition, no booklet). Very happy with my frinds. I've been wanting Digimon 1 ever since I beat it when it came out.

I found a complete, non-GH Castlevania: Symphony of the Night today! The total was $3.94 after discount. I saw it in a clear drawer near the front desk and the employee was shocked it was in there. When the employee asked his coworker how long it was in there the coworker said it was in there "forever." I think I may have salvaged it from the employee hold drawer :lol:

Do dump stores restock ? I remember I went to mine a few months ago and all they had were piles of assorted N64 Wrestling games and PSX sports games.

OK, the local GS which has become the dump store for apparently TWO districts now(5 stores total contributed to this massive binload of games they have in the store now).

I left behind numerous MegaMan X games as well as Digimon and a 3-disc version of Fear Effect 2(missing disc 3), as well as a copy of Worms Armageddon. Oh and this store also had an Arc The Lad Collection, but only ONE stinkin disc out of FIVE.

But, here's what I got(some will be up for trade, NO PMs until I add them to my TL):

Most disc only, unless marked:

Cool Spot Goes To Hollywood(keeping this one)
Agile Warrior F-IIIX
Aces Of The Air(complete)
Norse By Norsewest(may keep this one too)
NamcoMuseum Vol. 3
Parasite Eve II
Roscoe McQueen: FireFighter Extreme(may keep)
Crossroad Crisis
Tall: Infinity(keeping)
Soviet Strike(original red colored disc, keeping)
Gunfighter: Legend Of Jesse James
Bombing Islands(may keep)
Hexen
Beast Wars: Transmetals(may keep)
Poy Poy
STRIKERS 1945(DEFINITELY KEEPING!!!)
Wu Tang: Shaolin Style(possibly keeping)
Arcades Greatest Hits: Midway Collection(KEEPING)
Colony Wars 3: Red Sun(keeping)

And the find of the night(besides PE II):

Alundra AND Alundra II

Not a bad haul, if I must say so myself. All in all, I spent $17.49 and got 21 games, for a total spent PER game of EIGHTY THREE CENTS.

There were at least 2-3 more Norse By Norsewests and some of the others on this list(CW 3: RS), as well as several of the Command + Conquer games.

Plus, I found another opened copy of the God Of War 2 guide AND picked up a Gamers Remote for $3.71 total from Kmart, so it was a GREAT day for me. Not trading the GOW 2 guide either at this point, since I may give it to my friend who lent me the game.

bread's done
Back