$8 & $13 PS4/XBone/360 Games @ Family Dollar

pyoobez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Forgot to post this the other day, but I was at my local Family Dollar and saw they had a cardboard shelf with some random 360/XBone/PS4 games for $8 and $13. Stopped at a second store that's 20-ish miles away today and saw they had them as well. Sadly, forgot both times to look if they were pre-owned. But actually some good games and some better than Gamestop's prices. Should also work with Family Dollar's $5 off $25 coupons they put in flyers about every week or two.

Anyway, games included...

$8

Fallout 3 +DLC edition (XBox 360/One)

Fallout New Vegas +DLC edition (360/One)

$13

Fallout 4 (only saw one at the store far from my house, for the XBox One, which is in a really rural area with a lot of old and highly religious folk i.e. Mennonites. Sort of doubt there will be many of these.)

Skyrim +DLC edition (360)

Star Wars Battlefront (PS4/XBOne)

Forget the price...

Mighty No. 9 (PS4/XBOne)

Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4/XBOne)

...almost positive one was $8, wanna say both were.

And some other ones that probably aren't worth it (NBA 2K16, FIFA 16 and Battleborn for $8) as well as some "crap" 360 games like that NatGeo Kinect title.

Last edited by a moderator:
My copy of Fable 3 was brand new and had all of the codes unused for the extra dlc. Even though it had a pre-owned sticker on the shrink wrap, the DVD was brand new.

The stores near me haven't restocked in awhile so the same games have been sitting on the shelves. Finally picked up a copy of Doom 3 BFG Edition for $8 just for the sake of collection since I own almost every other console port of DOOM 1&2. Luckily the game was brand new and even had the poster included and no stickers on the disc or box.

I hope the only closest Family Dollar near me doesn't get converted.  Already got like 5 Dollar Trees already within a 6 mile radius of my house.

Family Dollar flyer came in the paper today and has games listed so I guess there's a new shipment.

Flyer shows Legend of Korra on 3DS for $5, CoD Ghosts on PS3 for $8 and Skylanders Superchargers for $13. (The Skylanders is shown as disc only.)

I'll try to stop in to mine when I get a chance and report back.

Family Dollar flyer came in the paper today and has games listed so I guess there's a new shipment.

Flyer shows Legend of Korra on 3DS for $5, CoD Ghosts on PS3 for $8 and Skylanders Superchargers for $13. (The Skylanders is shown as disc only.)

I'll try to stop in to mine when I get a chance and report back.
Thanks for posting, buddy. Hope there are some new surprises this time. Buying games at Family Dollar is like Forrest Gump said. "You never know what you're gonna ge-yut."

Checked mine, and the boxes were fuller, but I didn't see much.  There were actually a handful of the games in the current THQ Nordic Humble Bundle for $13 a piece.  I pretty much just checked the ps4 and some of the 3ds stuff, though (the ds/3ds stuff seemed to be pretty much the same as before), so not sure about last gen or Xbone stuff.  I don't think a lot of gamers hit the store I go to, because they still seem to have like at least half of the games from last year's stock.

The newest Family Dollar ad shows pre-owned games as low as $5. When I went to my local store today, I found the following for $5 each:

Deal or No Deal (Nintendo DS)
Mass Effect: Andromeda (Xbox One)
Sniper Elite III (Xbox 360)
Titanfall 2 (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)

Obviously, it's No Deal on the abovementioned DS game, but I grabbed Mass Effect since I figured it would be worth $5. Does anyone know if Titanfall 2's single player campaign is worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
The newest Family Dollar ad shows pre-owned games as low as $5. When I went to my local store today, I found the following for $5 each:

Deal or No Deal (Nintendo DS)
Mass Effect: Infiltration (Xbox One)
Sniper Elite III (Xbox 360)
Titanfall 2 (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)

Obviously, it's No Deal on the abovementioned DS game, but I grabbed Mass Effect since I figured it would be worth $5. Does anyone know if Titanfall 2's single player campaign is worth it?
Mass Effect: Infiltration???? No such game, do you mean Andromeda? I have Titanfall 2 digital but have not played it, but heard it's good SP.

Ever since they rolled out the reward program where you get a $5 off $15 coupon for every three times you shop there, I've been shopping at Big Lots much more often. If they still sold games, it would just be game over (no pun intended).

Family Dollar has been getting restocks of the pre-owned $5 games for the holidays.

Just today, I saw the following:

Agents of Mayhem (PS4)

Assassin's Creed: Unity (XB1)

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (XB1)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (XB1)

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (XB1)

I had a $5 Family Dollar gift card that I had gotten for free back in February, so Deus Ex cost me exactly 27 cents after tax.

I went back for a copy of Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens today when I saw that GameStop is charging $17.99 for a pre-owned copy.  Not a good trade-in flip at $3, but I might actually want to play it after I see the new movie.  And the DLC season pass is currently on sale on Xbox Live, so I figured why not.  

Ever since they rolled out the reward program where you get a $5 off $15 coupon for every three times you shop there, I've been shopping at Big Lots much more often. If they still sold games, it would just be game over (no pun intended).
Not only does it do the coupon every three times you shop there but they send one any time you donate to childrens hospital and such and every time you spend over 20$

I won't step foot into Family Dollar. They're always in ghetto or trailer trash neighborhoods.
The one in my town was in a rich neighborhood, but none of the rich people shopped there, so they turned it into a Dollar Tree with DVDs and Blu Rays all year long, along with a high-quality book section. And, now it's always crazy busy. The crappy older Dollar Tree in town is in danger of shutting down, because the newer one is so successful.

bread's done
Back