$8 & $13 PS4/XBone/360 Games @ Family Dollar

pyoobez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Forgot to post this the other day, but I was at my local Family Dollar and saw they had a cardboard shelf with some random 360/XBone/PS4 games for $8 and $13. Stopped at a second store that's 20-ish miles away today and saw they had them as well. Sadly, forgot both times to look if they were pre-owned. But actually some good games and some better than Gamestop's prices. Should also work with Family Dollar's $5 off $25 coupons they put in flyers about every week or two.

Anyway, games included...

$8

Fallout 3 +DLC edition (XBox 360/One)

Fallout New Vegas +DLC edition (360/One)

$13

Fallout 4 (only saw one at the store far from my house, for the XBox One, which is in a really rural area with a lot of old and highly religious folk i.e. Mennonites. Sort of doubt there will be many of these.)

Skyrim +DLC edition (360)

Star Wars Battlefront (PS4/XBOne)

Forget the price...

Mighty No. 9 (PS4/XBOne)

Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4/XBOne)

...almost positive one was $8, wanna say both were.

And some other ones that probably aren't worth it (NBA 2K16, FIFA 16 and Battleborn for $8) as well as some "crap" 360 games like that NatGeo Kinect title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoiler alert: not many
Yeah, Family Dollar and games is a rarity unless you want those Genesis/Atari clones. In 12 years or so of going to my local one, there's been maybe 4 or 5 times when they got in games. Around the time RB3 was out, they got RB2 DLC discs for cheap which was their only decent deal. Everything else I can remember was overpriced crap like Kinect/PS Move games and those High School Musical game and pad bundles.

That being said, Family Dollar can be a decent option to pick up system cash cards when they run their sales. They run 10-20% off a few times a year, similar to CVS and Dollar General. More often XBox, but sometimes Nintendo. Not sure if they carry either Sony or Steam cards, can't remember ever seeing them in flyers or in store. (I know Dollar General carries Steam cards and puts them on sale occasionally, though.)

I was excited thinking I had multiple Family Dollars in my town I could check, but turns out those others are Dollar Generals.

Or are they the same? They look identical lol

Was able to snag copies of fifa 16 on both 360 and ps3 at $8 each. Good for gs credit. PS3 version is $10 base, still decent with promos. Great deal OP

Hit up 3 stores on my way home from work. Pretty picked over it seems in my area. Saw 2 Fifa 16 360's... Passed on them both since I already had 2. Plan on hitting a few more tomorrow but at this point not too optimistic I'll find anything but FIFA's.

My Family Dollar had a few games with the standouts being Transformers Devastation and Mighty No.9(okay not really a stand out), but for $8 bucks why not. It says pre-owned, but it was most definitely brand new. The codes were never used and it was in pristine condition. 

Thank you OP. I bought Fifa 16 for 360 and ps3 along with Hasbro Family Game Night for Xbox One. For anyone wondering they were all preowned with preowned stickers over the barcodes. Hasbro has a circular white sticker in the center like it's trying to cover up a redbox of redbox rental sticker type sticker. I used a $5 off of $25 coupon from a local coupon book. I think I read in this thread the weekly ad has a $5 coupon. Is this correct? All of the weekly ads were gone from the front of my store. It would be crazy if a nice cashier would let me use two $5 coupons if I spend $30.

I'm not sure what this says about the area I live in... but according to mapquest I can hit up 9 more Family Dollar stores in 41 minutes of driving. Dollar stores are fuck in' everywhere you look around here. Good if you like cheap games. Maybe not so good for property value. I usually stick to Dollar General and Dollar Tree for blurays. I've never been to Family Dollar before today. 

I almost never flip games with real money, but getting triple gamestop credit on this shit is too good. I can buy shit to resell and end up with double the cash i spent.

so nothing too exciting, but like some of you it gives me an excuse to go into family dollar. I blocked that store out so much i never even noticed the threads until someone in another thread pointed this one out.

Thank you OP. I bought Fifa 16 for 360 and ps3 along with Hasbro Family Game Night for Xbox One. For anyone wondering they were all preowned with preowned stickers over the barcodes. Hasbro has a circular white sticker in the center like it's trying to cover up a redbox of redbox rental sticker type sticker. I used a $5 off of $25 coupon from a local coupon book. I think I read in this thread the weekly ad has a $5 coupon. Is this correct? All of the weekly ads were gone from the front of my store. It would be crazy if a nice cashier would let me use two $5 coupons if I spend $30.

I'm not sure what this says about the area I live in... but according to mapquest I can hit up 9 more Family Dollar stores in 41 minutes of driving. Dollar stores are fuck in' everywhere you look around here. Good if you like cheap games. Maybe not so good for property value. I usually stick to Dollar General and Dollar Tree for blurays. I've never been to Family Dollar before today.
Yeah, Family Dollar gets "Top Hits" brand for DVDs and I believe Blus, which is 95%+ trash (and by trash I mean stuff like "The Walking Deceased" or four movies on one disc). Dollar General gets "Movies-U-Buy" brand which is far better in quality. A-Plus gas stations also get "Movies-U-Buy" if you happen to have those nearby, but I wouldn't make a special trip. They have a limited selection (just one of those narrow black spinner shelves) of the $5-#6 stuff I'm not sure if all stores have them.

no Family Dollar here in the Bay Area, but I will be in Sacramento this weekend, so I will be scouting a few on my route, seems to be only in the "ghetto" areas, makes sense.

Saw a PS4 copy of The Division for $13 today as I hunted for GS trade fodder.

Seemed pretty rare since I've only seen one in my 3 visits to a Family Dollar store.

My local store had a small selection, but I did manage to snag FIFA 16. They also had Battleborn, FF13 Lightning Returns, Mad Max, Madden 16, and a few other low value games. Thank you for the heads up! I might try another store that's about 10 miles away.

Kansas City.
Saw Street Fighter V $13, Division $13, mighty no9 $8 On PS4. Gta V $8 on 360. They had x1 games but I didn't look at them.

Was looking for a Megaman collection. I'll have to try another store but, didn't feel like it today.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Will GameStop flag, ban, etc. my account if I, for example, trade in half a dozen copies of the same game over the course of a few days?

Finally, success. The things I saw. The things I smelled. Truly a frightening experience for a game I already have on PC. Nonetheless, I was victorious.

Just hit my fifth Family Dollar. Was a good stop. Grabbed 3 copies of FIFA 16 for the X360, a few copies for the PS3, and a few others that have already been reported.

Of note however, this store had COD: BLOPS 3 for the PS4 at $13. Unless I missed it, I don't believe that game has been reported yet.

Glad I found this if nothing else to scope out the inventory at local stores even though I prefer Dollar General. I went to look through games at one location and this kid notices I'm looking through games and proceeds to grab a stack of games starting to name them out before grabbing Madden 15 or whatever year had OBJ on the cover.

I grabbed Halo 5 for $13 and Mighty No 9 for $8 and both were in great shape even if they're used. Mighty still had all the paperwork in the case while Halo only had the white label around the inside of the disc. I went to three locations and will try to go to another one tomorrow following a work assignment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who didn't see or experience anything disturbing while shopping..?
While not disturbing the clientele was interesting. Two white guys in their late 50's or early 60's maybe. Both were odd. One was wearing a hockey helmet. Perhaps he had some skull injury but I think he was just "unique". I have gone to the 3 Family Dollars (one closed recently) around me a few times for these sales (and the 10% Live credit) and have wasted my time. I think once I got Live credit after a second attempt. One store was out of the correct UPC cards or whatever. The other only had the ones that print on the receipt which didn't get the 10% discount. The games selection at the one I went to last week had nothing I wanted.

Just not worth the trip out of my way anymore. If I am driving by one sure. But to waste 20-30 mins driving there and back? Waste of time.

There were two cop cars parked in the fire lane in the shopping center in front of Family Dollar when I went. Coincidence? I think not.

Well... I'm not setting foot into the Family Dollar in my area.  I kid you not... every single time I drive by, there's a group of 10-15 guys sitting outside hanging out.  Must kill business for them.

Well... I'm not setting foot into the Family Dollar in my area. I kid you not... every single time I drive by, there's a group of 10-15 guys sitting outside hanging out. Must kill business for them.
Do you live in South Dakota? Because you're describing all the ones around here! More homeless and wannabe gangstas than an 80s Cannon film.

Do you live in South Dakota? Because you're describing all the ones around here! More homeless and wannabe gangstas than an 80s Cannon film.
Lol. Atlanta. These boys are hopped up off of malt liquor and crack rocks, as opposed to the Mt. Dew and meth epidemic in South Dakota

Lol. Atlanta. These boys are hopped up off of malt liquor and crack rocks, as opposed to the Mt. Dew and meth epidemic in South Dakota
Lol. Where is this exactly? I went to a couple that were not too bad near Clarkston/Scottsdale area.

Mine didn't have anything new just old NES games. Had Stadium Events for $8 and 1990 Nintendo World Champions for $13.
For $8?

a) I hope this one was a joke

b) if it wasn't, I hope you bought every single one & demanded they bring more out for you

Revisited a local store I went to about a week ago, and they now had a couple of copies of GTA V for 360 which had not been there a week prior.  The clerk told me a memo had been sent to all stores to check to see if their copies of GTA V had both discs, so they had been temporarily pulled, checked, and put back - they slit the cellophane just enough to pop open the case in the center and verify both discs were in each copy.  

Granted, this being Family Dollar, not every store may have been motivated to follow the memo, so YMMV, but it seems the chain is aware of the issue and taking steps to correct it.

bread's done
Back