$8 & $13 PS4/XBone/360 Games @ Family Dollar

pyoobez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Forgot to post this the other day, but I was at my local Family Dollar and saw they had a cardboard shelf with some random 360/XBone/PS4 games for $8 and $13. Stopped at a second store that's 20-ish miles away today and saw they had them as well. Sadly, forgot both times to look if they were pre-owned. But actually some good games and some better than Gamestop's prices. Should also work with Family Dollar's $5 off $25 coupons they put in flyers about every week or two.

Anyway, games included...

$8

Fallout 3 +DLC edition (XBox 360/One)

Fallout New Vegas +DLC edition (360/One)

$13

Fallout 4 (only saw one at the store far from my house, for the XBox One, which is in a really rural area with a lot of old and highly religious folk i.e. Mennonites. Sort of doubt there will be many of these.)

Skyrim +DLC edition (360)

Star Wars Battlefront (PS4/XBOne)

Forget the price...

Mighty No. 9 (PS4/XBOne)

Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4/XBOne)

...almost positive one was $8, wanna say both were.

And some other ones that probably aren't worth it (NBA 2K16, FIFA 16 and Battleborn for $8) as well as some "crap" 360 games like that NatGeo Kinect title.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw double packs of DS and 3DS games for $13 (2 for $13, taped together). I also saw Tony Hawk 5 and Quantum Break (Xbone) for $13 each. Didn't find what i was looking for though.

Boulevard and North i believe. I think its technically in the Old 4th Ward neighborhood.
Yeah, that's one of the FDs I'd never go into. Remember driving to that one years ago and deciding it wasn't worth stopping in. A couple others in the downtown area were like that. Not sure why they love FD so much. I would go to the KMart by the airport, but that was in the days of $2 and $3 games. I'd always keep on a lookout, especially watching the car wash across the street and the guys hanging in front of Piggly Wiggly next door.

For $8?

a) I hope this one was a joke

b) if it wasn't, I hope you bought every single one & demanded they bring more out for you
No, they pulled them all off the shelf and destroyed them in front of us. We all tried to reason with the employees but to no avail, they were instructed, by corporate, to smash the living hell out of each and every cart. Oh well, not like they were valuable or anything.

No, they pulled them all off the shelf and destroyed them in front of us. We all tried to reason with the employees but to no avail, they were instructed, by corporate, to smash the living hell out of each and every cart. Oh well, not like they were valuable or anything.
:shock: :argue: 8-[ :whistle2:# :wall:

if only we could all get our hands on just 1 for each of us :pray: lol

I picked up a 2 pack with Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. and Tenkai Knights Brave Battle for 3DS for $8. Family Dollar and Dollar Tree are the shit. I got The Secret Life of Walter Mitty 3 Disk (with Soundtrack) on Blu Ray other there for $1. 

Finally went to my local Family Dollar today, and the two boxes of games were full and looked completely untouched.  I was looking for Black Ops 3 ps4, but no luck.  Did grab a couple copies of FIFA 16 for the 360 to flip, though (I'm not much a flipper, but since it seemed like they'd just been sitting there for a month with no interest and I was headed to Best Buy and Gamestop anyway, I figured why not.)

Unfortunately GS apparently wised up and as of today lowered the trade value on the Xbox 360 FIFA 16 to $9.90 and the NBA 2K16 to $12. Still more than $8 but they're no longer offering $15. I grabbed 2 FIFAs and one store was more willing to work with me than the other. The manager at the first one told me to call their 1800 number and after ten minutes on hold pulled out a $5 extra trade credit coupon. The other store fixed it right away. 

Just went in yesterday, and a lot of the games that were $8 and $13 before are down to $5. All of the LEGO games for 3DS, most of the 360 games, and even a Wii U game. I got a brand new copy of Fable 3 for $5. None of the codes were used, and the disc was in perfect condition. It's one of the games planned to get an update for Xbox One X, so I am glad that I picked it up.

Nothing good at the one closest to me, just a bunch of used Wii and ds shovelware dumped in a bin. Do they usually keep new games in a different area?

I happened to find Witcher 3 Complete Edition for XB1 for $13 at one I went to. Immediately flipped that to GameStop for a nice profit.

Nothing good at the one closest to me, just a bunch of used Wii and ds shovelware dumped in a bin. Do they usually keep new games in a different area?
It depends on the area/store. Most here just had them in cardboard displays in or around the other electronics items. Another store I went to actually had the cardboard displays up on a shelf behind the register, presumably to prevent theft. Some other people in the thread have reported that they had to ask about them because the store manager was basically keeping them hidden behind the register.

Also, keep in mind this thread was started in August, so some might be sold out. YMMV at this point.

My store has 2 spots. One is a bargain bin, where you can sort through with all of the shovelware and the other was a small cardboard stand near the register where their best games are kept, which is where I found Prey. might be behind the register as well depending on how bad the crime in the neighborhood is. Shout out to the Family Dollar in York PA, which has such a staggering amount of theft, that I don't know how they're still in business

There are now $5 preowned games at my local store in a white dump bin. They include Scribblenauts Unmasked for Wii U, Batman: Arkham Origins for PS3, Jeopardy for DS, Bakugan for DS, and Zhu Zhu Pets for DS. The $8 and $13 games they had are the same ones that they've had for the past several months.

I already have Scribblenauts Unmasked and would recommend it to any DC Comics fan who owns a Wii U since you can summon almost any DC character that existed in the company's history through the start of the New 52 era.

Noticed a new dump bin with the assorted 'shovelware' but noticed a few new games as well.  Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (3DS), Scribblenauts Unlimited (3DS), Scribblenauts Unmasked (Wii U), Homefront The Revolution (XB1), Fable III, Code Name STEAM all for $5. 

This morning, I noticed there is a $5 off $25 purchase on the front of the Family Dollar store circular good until 11/29. Gift cards are excluded, but it should work video game purchases.

Haven't seen any new dumps or restocks here, but I did go in tonight and grab a $13 copy of Hasbro Family Fun Pack that was still there after 3 months.

There is another $5 off $25 purchase on the front of this week's Family Dollar store circular good until 12/4. Again, gift cards are excluded, but it should work video game purchases.

Noticed a new dump bin with the assorted 'shovelware' but noticed a few new games as well. Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (3DS), Scribblenauts Unlimited (3DS), Scribblenauts Unmasked (Wii U), Homefront The Revolution (XB1), Fable III, Code Name STEAM all for $5.
Man I'm gonna have to hit up Family Dollar, if I can find Homefront for $5 I'll be willing to give it another shot.

So far I have been able to find Mad Max for $13 and there were a bunch of copy's  Homefront the Revolution for only $5 for ps4.... It seems like it's harder to find ps4 games because there are always xb1 and 3Ds games and Wii U.... so i just check different stores and strike out most of the time!!

Forgot to post this the other day, but I was at my local Family Dollar and saw they had a cardboard shelf with some random 360/XBone/PS4 games for $8 and $13. Stopped at a second store that's 20-ish miles away today and saw they had them as well. Sadly, forgot both times to look if they were pre-owned. But actually some good games and some better than Gamestop's prices. Should also work with Family Dollar's $5 off $25 coupons they put in flyers about every week or two.

Anyway, games included...

$8

$13

Fallout 4 (only saw one at the store far from my house, for the XBox One, which is in a really rural area with a lot of old and highly religious folk i.e. Mennonites. Sort of doubt there will be many of these.)

Skyrim +DLC edition (360)

Star Wars Battlefront (PS4/XBOne)

Forget the price...

Mighty No. 9 (PS4/XBOne)

Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4/XBOne)

...almost positive one was $8, wanna say both were.

And some other ones that probably aren't worth it (NBA 2K16, FIFA 16 and Battleborn for $8) as well as some "crap" 360 games like that NatGeo Kinect title.

Is the DLC on the disc.. or do you download it?

Was gonna make another thread or add to this but kept forgetting...

My local Dollar General has had a similar style cardboard box of similar games (PS4/One/3DS and I think 360 and maybe PS3) in store as well for two or more months. In that store it's behind the counter up on the top of a shelf of the "expensive" electronics, so it doesn't look like anyone's gone through it really. Only game I can remember seeing is a CoD for PS4, I think Ghosts. Believe the prices were a little higher too, wanna say $10 and $15. Also, I only saw one of the cardboard display boxes, compared to Family Dollar that got in 2. Haven't bothered to ask to see the box between the store being fairly busy when I've stopped in and the disc drive in my One quit working.

Got a copy of Deponía for 5$, Batman for 3DS 5$.

Also saw these[attachment=28989:49D8F28C-FCDE-4CE5-A43E-10471AACC4CA.jpeg]

Resurrecting this a bit, I visited a few family dollars yesterday. Not a whole lot of new games. Most things I noticed were sports games from 2016.

Did see
Xcom 2 ps4 $13
Styx shard of darkness Xbox/ps4 $13
Borderlands pre-sequel Xbox 360 $5
COD IW Xbox $13

Resurrecting this a bit, I visited a few family dollars yesterday. Not a whole lot of new games. Most things I noticed were sports games from 2016.

Did see
Xcom 2 ps4 $13
Styx shard of darkness Xbox/ps4 $13
Borderlands pre-sequel Xbox 360 $5
COD IW Xbox $13
I would be interested in looking at a few stores in my area if they werent in such crappy areas

Found preowned copies of Midnight Club: Complete Edition and Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell for PS3 at an out of the way Family Dollar tonight for $5 each.

Went to my 2 Family Dollars. It was a bust, one didn't even have any games. The other had stuff like Arkham Orgins for $5 on PS3 and Lightning Returns for 360 for $8. I also saw a disk only Far Cry 4 for Xbox One for $13. Bummer.

Went to my 2 Family Dollars. It was a bust, one didn't even have any games. The other had stuff like Arkham Orgins for $5 on PS3 and Lightning Returns for 360 for $8. I also saw a disk only Far Cry 4 for Xbox One for $13. Bummer.
Video games aren't a priority at Family Dollar, so the games could have been sitting in the storeroom for all they knew. At two of the ones that I went to, the games were in strange places. One of the stores had mixed the games into the same non-descript cardboard box with the DVDs. The other had the games boxed separately, but the box was on a high shelf that wasn't at a person's eyeline. That's probably why I was able to find Midnight Club and Saint's Row: Gat Out Of Hell so easily.

Did you ask anyone? All the ones I went to had games. The one in a slightly worse area had them on a shelf behind the counter, and I had to ask to look through them. Other people, too, have mentioned them being hidden behind the counter and having to ask to see them.

[attachment=29629:BB3F62FA-AEB0-4B10-A6CD-57F4F4B5F893.jpeg] found these at fd. Was really looking for far cry primal.

Headed into my local family Dollar first time. Saw FF XV disc only for $13, among with xiii-2 and some other junk. Are these actually pre-owned games? I asked to look at the bin and the girl working states they are new, oddly they have the pre-owned sticker in the back.

Here's a pic

https://i.imgur.com/HXwFibf.jpg

bread's done
Back