9/9-9/15 Target/Best Buy/Circuit City VG Ads - Portable Game Sale @ CC

TheAdMan

CAG Veteran
Hello again fellow CAGs!

Today may be a holiday for most, but as you can see I am still bringing you what you desire most: savings.

I noticed a few complaints last time around, so I’ve adjusted the format a little closer to what you’re used to. Hope that will make things a little more palatable. Enough of that, on with the savings!

TARGET

Featured Games/New Releases

:360: Last chance to preorder Halo 3 Regular or LE. $10 deposit. 2 Free Action Clix when you pick up the game.

:ps3: Heavenly Sword (9/14) - $59.99
:ds: Drawn To Life (9/12) - $29.99
:ds: Donkey Kong Jungle Climber (9/12) - $29.99

:360::ps3: Spiderman 3 - $39.99

New Silver PSP Bundle - $199.99*

*Includes Family Guy movie, Daxter (GH) & 1GB MSPD – Quantity limited – No rain checks

NOTE – This is indeed the new PSP bundle. MSRP.

PC People!!! (Remember to check here for blank media, et al)

Sony 50pc CD-R or Sony 25pc DVD+/DVD-R discs - $7.99

The SIMS 2: Bon Voyage - $29.99 – Includes exclusive ‘Hula Girl’ download – Quantities limited, No rainchecks

CIRCUIT CITY

TV Section!
No Interest until 2009 on all TVs & Installations $999+
No Interest 36 months on All Samsung, Toshiba & Mitsu DLP TVs $999+

Video Games

Guaranteed in store 2PM or Free $20 GC

:ds: Donkey Kong Jungle Climber - $29.99 (9/11)
:360: Skate - $59.99 (9/12)
:360:/:ps3: NHL 08 - $59.99 (9/12)
:ps2: NHL 08 - $29.99 (9/12)
:ps3: Heavenly Sword - $59.99 (9/13)

:wii:
Wii console - $249.99 (No mention of quantities per store, 1 per customer, no rain checks)

:ps3:
Blu-ray Remote for PS3 - $19.99

:ds:
Limited Edition Red/Black System w/ Brain Age 2 & Carrying Case - $149.99
Pelican Nintendo Character Game Cases for DSL - $4.99
BD&A Pen Stylus & Screen Protector 2 Pack for DSL - $4.99

Buy One, Get One ½ Off on ALL Handheld Games

Games Listed:
:psp:
Madden 08 - $39.99
GRAW 2 - $39.99
MLB 07 The Show - $39.99
Ratchet & Clank Size Matters - $39.99
R6 Vegas - $39.99
Pirates At World's End - $29.99
NFS: Most Wanted 5-1-0 - $19.99
The Warriors - $19.99

Pokemon Diamond - $34.99
Diddy Kong Racing DS - $29.99
Spiderman 3 - $29.99
Theme Park - $29.99
Spectrobes - $29.99
Battleship/Connect Four/Sorry/Trouble 4 Pack - $19.99
Cake Mania - $19.99

:gba:
Shrek the Third - $29.99
Super Mario World - $19.99
Mario Kart Super Circuit - $19.99
LEGO Star Wars II - $19.99
CARS - $19.99
Sonic the Hedgehog - $19.99
Incredibles/Finding Nemo 2 Pack - $19.99

PC People!!!
Sony 2GB Micro Vault Classic USB Flash Drive - $19.99
(NOTE – This is the exact same drive that is on sale THIS week (9/2) as well)

Nexxtech 15 Pack of DL DVD+R - $14.99
TDK 50 Pack DVD+R or DVD-R - $12.99
TDK 100 Pack CD-R - $14.99

Stranglehold - $37.99
The SIMS 2: Bon Voyage - $17.99
Tomb Raider Anniversary - $17.99
EverQuest Anniversary Edition - $7.99

BEST BUY

TV Section!All TVs $999 & UP On Sale
No Interest For 3 Years on all Home Theaters & Installation totaling $999 & UP

Free $100 NFLShop.com certificate by mail w/ purchase of any Samsung HDTV 40”+ (Purchase must be made between 9/1/07 – 9/29/07)

Free 84” Screen Instantly when you purchase any HD Home Theater Projector (Screen Value = $134.99 - Projector & Screen on same receipt - Offer excludes special orders, clearance, demo & open box items - Screen type reads Optoma DS-3084PM)

Video Games

Pre-order Guitar Hero III – Legends Of Rock and get a free guitar strap
(Guitar Hero III available 10/28 for XBOX 360 , Wii , PS3 and PS2 game systems - Must be purchased on the same receipt - Online offer may vary - $5 Deposit - Minimum 12 per store - No rain checks)

:360:
Kengo: Legend Of The 9 - $39.99 (Available 9/12 – 2 PM)
Skate - $59.99* (Available 9/12 – 2 PM)
*(Exclusive Code to unlock additional clothing)

XBOX 360 Messenger Kit - $29.99

Donkey Kong Jungle Climbers - $29.99 (Available 9/12 – 2 PM)
Drawn To Life - $29.99 (Available 9/12 - 2 PM)
Jam Sessions - $29.99* (Available 9/12 - 2 PM)
*(Exclusive Code to unlock 3 bonus songs on pack)

DSL Brain Age 2 Bundle - $149.99*
*(Includes Red DSL, Brain Age 2 & carrying case)

:psp:
PSP Daxter Bundle - $199.99*
*(Includes slim Ice Silver PSP, Daxter(GH), Family Guy UMD & 1GB MSPD)

PC People!

25 % OFF All Western Digital My Book Premium Edition External Hard Drives (320GB/500GB/750GB)
Memorex 50 Pack DVD+R or DVD-R - $12.99

Star Wars - Empire At War Gold Pack - $24.99
The SIMS 2 - Bon Voyage - $24.99

[quote name='bug_nuts']didn't skate get pushed back 2 days? so would that mean a free $20 from CC?[/quote]

Yes it does and even though I'm getting the PS3 version CC doesn't know that. I'll be taking full advantage of this.

I bought Hotel Dusk (DS) and Crush (PSP). They rang up full price. I said to the guy helping me, "I think the total is wrong, it's buy one get one half off". He says "sorry, that's only on games $19.99 and under and the sale ended yesterday." I said, "Are you sure? It's in the ad today." He says "There's an ad?" I say, "yes, let me show you." I turn to the page in the ad and he studies it intently for a few minutes. He then has to treat the transaction as a price match. Ultimately it worked out, but I really am irritated that they didn't program their computer to respond to what has to be a popular sale. I wonder how many people were overcharged without knowing it today?

want to say, good job on bringin in the savings OP. wanted to ask, since you have a PC People section, if it was any more of a stretch to post the new prices of the Memory stick DUOs?? used in PSPs and other devices, OR just especially if they have 2GB-4GB mem sticks on sale. its CAG ad worthy right?

[quote name='Rocko']Drawn To Life looks interesting... but Jam Sessions is out? That and DK would make a nice combo for $45.[/quote]

LOL. i love the name and avatar. I usually use rocko for everything. i have a rocko tattoo on my arm. random message. sorry guys.

Snagged Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Fire Red, and Leaf Green yesterday (splitting with someone else on each pair). The deal had to be inputted manually, and the checker had to look in the advertisement to make sure we weren't lying.

CC in la mesa CA...
tried picking up hotel dusk and the browser. at the register price rang up at full total. when i showed the cashier the ad she said the sale only applied to the pictured games. -_-;
so i decided against getting both, ive been looking for hotel dusk forever so i was gonna pick it up regardless...but then the system crashed and they couldnt ring me up. -____-;
so ill try again today i suppose...hopefully someone else will be at the register and hook me up...

[quote name='ringoxcore']CC in la mesa CA...
tried picking up hotel dusk and the browser. at the register price rang up at full total. when i showed the cashier the ad she said the sale only applied to the pictured games. -_-;
so i decided against getting both, ive been looking for hotel dusk forever so i was gonna pick it up regardless...but then the system crashed and they couldnt ring me up. -____-;
so ill try again today i suppose...hopefully someone else will be at the register and hook me up...[/QUOTE]

You should have directed her to their own website - every game on the website has a little blurb next to it "all ds games buy 1, get 1 half-off" or something to that effect...

Do you guys know if Circuitcity stacks their promotion so if I get enough handheld games to equal $100 or more I can also use the $15 dollars off $100? thanks:?:

rawr...went back shortly after my previous post to find the ds section properly cleaned out. grr...
oh and creepy old guy bought 3 wiis. scandalous.

I picked up Monster Hunter 2 and Killzone Liberation for the PSP.

It scanned at regular price, so I had to let the cashier know about the ad. He took $20 off after I showed him.

hm i only really want Brave Story but hard finding another $40 game to get with it to take $20 off. I don't suppose we could return the non-discounted game since the discounts are being taken off manually? Do CC employees care enough to look at the receipt to see a 50% off one of the games and know that it was a promotion, thus making you return both games?

I've gone to every damn CC there is this side of the bay (south) and cant find crap. But when I do find some games i'm willing to purchase for the buy one get one 50% off I get told by the manager that its only on the games in the ad. I quickly point out the online site and he says they dont price match their own website. JESUS first the Target PSP 2000 pm problem now a regular freaking deal thats ADVERTISED I cant even get.

Anyways if your in San Jose dont go to the Stevens Creek CC. After 20 minutes of waisting my time fighting as well as going to all the other CC's in the area I'm gonna give up on these stores. What should I expect the employees dont even speak english sometimes!

Too bad CC doesnt have Heroes of Mana i'd totaly be happy if i could get that and another game. =(

I'm going back tommorow. Asshole told me that it was for systems only so I left because I had other things to do.

Frisco Circuit City in Dallas TX area.

Going to get Lunar Knights and Hotel Dusk.

[quote name='Mr Peanut']I picked up Monster Hunter 2 and Killzone Liberation for the PSP.

It scanned at regular price, so I had to let the cashier know about the ad. He took $20 off after I showed him.[/quote]

I thought MSRP on Monster Hunter 2 dropped to $29.99 and Killzone is $19.99 at TRU right now?

Will BB pricematch this deal at all? I've tried calling a few BBs in my area, but some said "I dunno", while others said "We don't pricematch package deals." I so want DK Jungle Climber and Worms Open Warfare 2...

Just got back from a Circuit City that moved to a shopping center really close to my home, in North Carolina. I'm getting a free ds lite from my sis today (cus she got it as a birthday gift from one of her friends and she was like "ok wat is this")

I have to thank you guys for telling me about telling them about the online thing. Because i think that is the only reason it worked, cus the lady that was doing the transaction was giving me the "Only the games in the add are on sale" after she stared it down for 5mins. I told her that on their website it listed all the games, and she checked it for another 5mins, and finally rang it up.

I got Pokemon Diamond and Animal Crossing Wild World.

EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Damn didn't know about the buy one get one 1/2 off when I went in to get two PSP games (Jeanne D'arc and Brave Story) the other day and the computer definitely didn't do it automatically... so I guess I'll try to go back later this week and get $15 back, hopefully it won't be much of a hassle.

Was going to get Crush and Dead Head Fred but couldn't find Dead Head Fred. I'm having second thoughts on Crush too. I think it'll frustrate me.

I picked up the new DK today. They said Drawn to Life isn't coming in until next week(and thats what the website says). Has anyone found it at CC yet? This CC was horrible and they said they didn't have DK after I waited 20 minutes for them to find it then I said I wanted the $20 gift card, so the manager starts looking and finds it within minutes.

[quote name='cheapghg']Just got back from store 00831 in Gastonia NC. They would not honor the sale at all... AND they would not honor the prices the games were coming up in the system. ... Finally they told me I had to leave and I wasn’t welcome back in the store ever again. Believe you me, I am filing some serious complaints with the corporate office tomorrow (because they are closed today)..[/quote]
So yesterday I filed the complaint. Got about 50 apologies from corp who said they'd look into it and call me back in 24 hours. Well at 28 hours later still no call so I called them again. They called the store while I was on the phone and said they'd have the store lookup the price to PSP Metal Gear Ops and see how much it was in the system for. The store looked up the UPC and guess what.. NONE IN INVENTORY.. Hmm... someone must have bought them. The guy at corp came back on the line and said there was nothing they could do. Said they were tired of talking to me then literally, hung up on me. What a bunch of jerks....

So I had a friend go to the store (since I've been banned).. Guess what! He was able to purchase not 1, not 2, but 3 copies of Metal Gear Portable Ops for $11.16 each and it scanned fine. So OBVIOUSLY it was in the system and the store was lying ... lying AGAIN! I will email a copy of my receipt to the corp office that shows the time stamp AFTER my complaint call. I don't want an apology anymore... I could care less about CC. Nobody their cares about customers.

[quote name='tubtub']This CC was horrible...[/quote]Just like all the other ones, eh?

I tried for the $20 GC today...one had them in stock, the other received their shipment but sold out in less than 3 hours. Riiiiiiiiiight...

Its funny how there have been so many horror stories to tell concerning CC lately...ive been waiting for you guys to catch on. Ive been pissed at this shitty company since black friday 05 when I got ultra screwed. I only really go there because of the clearence games, but man its always a headache.

How much longer can they last?

[quote name='ihavenolife123']couldnt find worms 2
purchased:

puzzle quest
FF6
Lunar knights
Mario vs donkey kong 2 march of the minis

subtotal: 97.38

add FFIII from the TRU next door (on clearance for $20).

about $120.

"Return" FFIII and FF6 to the nearest walmart = $75.75 walmart credit.

I couldnt return the other ones because i forgot to remove the sticker (!!!)

But there is three walmarts in the region. and puzzle quest will only net me $25, not $30, because of a current sale going on.

Next objective:
Return puzzle quest and march of the minis to CC entirely.
price match the offer at BB, with a worms guaranteed.

return second BB game and lunar knights

net walmart credit: $75.75+$64.93 = $140.68

Net credit - total spent = $20.xx

I made $20.xx for playing worms 2[/quote]

and committed fraud...way to go!

That seems like an awful lot of work for $20. Perhaps if you spent the time instead putting in applications for a better paying job you might be better off.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']Now, I do feel bad, since I have no reason to believe you are exaggerating/lying when you say it is fraud, for I thought it was just using policies to their fullest (I wasn't aware it was ACTUAL fraud). All that can blame me, however, is intentions, not an actual material crime (like stealing).

I do have a job, 20 hours on weekends. The reason is me being a full time student. Why worrying about $20? because I rather put in the effort to see if I can pull this off than actually pay for it. Knowing I might come out winning gives me a rush that im sure other CAGs have felt (the little man winning??)

Why not just wait for the pay check? thats already going to rent, bills, Textbooks, groceries. If, by the end of the day, I have a choice of putting a little more time and effort THAN money, ill put in the former.[/quote]

What you described doing is most certainly fraud and the people who run this site, among others, frown upon posting about that.

[quote name='bzchanboy']I've gone to every damn CC there is this side of the bay (south) and cant find crap. But when I do find some games i'm willing to purchase for the buy one get one 50% off I get told by the manager that its only on the games in the ad. I quickly point out the online site and he says they dont price match their own website. JESUS first the Target PSP 2000 pm problem now a regular freaking deal thats ADVERTISED I cant even get.

Anyways if your in San Jose dont go to the Stevens Creek CC. After 20 minutes of waisting my time fighting as well as going to all the other CC's in the area I'm gonna give up on these stores. What should I expect the employees dont even speak english sometimes!

Too bad CC doesnt have Heroes of Mana i'd totaly be happy if i could get that and another game. =([/quote]

i feel your pain, bro. it's a good thing i haven't set foot in that store in a loooooong time. dunno like late last year? they tried to pull that crap regarding 2 for $30, and they don't wanna honor the ad. i just rolled up my eyes and never bother going back to that store....EVER!!!

Wow is CC really that shitty? The few times I've gone to them (I got my Wii there, I got Stranglehold last week) they were great. With Stranglehold the game rang up at 60 bucks, and I showed the ad, they manually lowered the price and took the coupon and I got it for 38. Maybe it's just a luck of the draw if your store has cool guys or shit heads.

I'll be heading there today at 2PM to try and snag a GC for them not having skate.

[quote name='cheapghg']
So I had a friend go to the store (since I've been banned).. Guess what! He was able to purchase not 1, not 2, but 3 copies of Metal Gear Portable Ops for $11.16 each and it scanned fine. So OBVIOUSLY it was in the system and the store was lying ... lying AGAIN! I will email a copy of my receipt to the corp office that shows the time stamp AFTER my complaint call. I don't want an apology anymore... I could care less about CC. Nobody their cares about customers.[/quote]

This is my last post on this joke of a company called Circuit City.

Called back to Customer service. Proved to them the store was lying. Their response "So what? There is nothing we can do." I asked them how they can live with placing faulty ads in the paper and not give a second thought about their stores lying to customers. Respones "We do care about our customers, is there anything else we can do for you? :dunce:"... LOL ... Moving on! Looks like Best Buy will now be my store of choice. Time to cancel that circuit city reward card.

Just take a firm hand. It says buy one get one 50 % off on ALL handheld games. You can sue them for not honoring it since it's false advertising if they don't. Just take a firm hand with the jerks.

I myself had to show the ad and repeat the words to the guy for him to do it.

I've played a little of Lunar Knights and Hotel Dusk, about an hour each. Great games. If you like Kojima games and the idea of that shooter boss style gameplay mixed with a top down zelda type game sound good you'll probably love it. I recomend it. Plus it has a lot of voice acting in it which surprised me.

[quote name='eugaet']Anyone in, say, the eastern time zone try for the $20 GC guarantee for Skate? I've got 30 minutes until 2...[/quote]

Anyone??

Does CC carry Worms 2 or Jam Sessions? One of those + Drawn to Life would be pretty sweet.

Also, stupid question: The clearance games for DS/PSP do or do not get the 50% off?

[quote name='Bathory']Anyone??[/quote]

I just went to the local CC and they had an announcement posted in the 360 section that said the release date was pushed back, they would not have skate. available until Friday and they would not be honoring the $20 gift card offer in the weekly ad.

Also they had all NHL 08 versions in so no luck there either. :cry:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I just went to the local CC and they had an announcement posted in the 360 section that said the release date was pushed back, they would not have skate. available until Friday and they would not be honoring the $20 gift card offer in the weekly ad.

Also they had all NHL 08 versions in so no luck there either. :cry:[/quote]

Wow, Circuit Shitty in "We will not honour our own ad" shock!! Report at 11.

Ok, admittedly they don't control when games are released, but honestly they barely ever honour this, I really don't know why they bother putting it in the ads.

Glad I never set foot in that place now.:bomb:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I just went to the local CC and they had an announcement posted in the 360 section that said the release date was pushed back, they would not have skate. available until Friday and they would not be honoring the $20 gift card offer in the weekly ad.

Also they had all NHL 08 versions in so no luck there either. :cry:[/quote]

Got it to work in Middletown, NY. No questions asked. Another person came in asking for one, and I saw him outside and asked if he got the 20 dollar gift card. He said no, and I told him he should march in there and get his 20 dollar gift card. He was like...really..turned right around him and his friend..hahahahahaha :)

No luck on Skate in Plano's CC. They told me it was the manufacturer's fault, and since it is I didn't fight with them about it.

The B1G1 50% off seems to be working though. I picked up 2 PSP titles w/o any problems and on the receipt it says they are part of the promotion. Saw that there are a ton of BB coupons now though so I'm debating on whether or not to keep them.

I just got back with my $20 skate gift card. They were searching for a copy for like a half hour. I wanted to just tell them that it got pushed back, but figured they wouldn't honor it.

[quote name='Strell']Does CC carry Worms 2 or Jam Sessions? One of those + Drawn to Life would be pretty sweet.

Also, stupid question: The clearance games for DS/PSP do or do not get the 50% off?[/QUOTE]

The website didnt show worms 2, so it is probably not available, it wasnt in mine.

Got a $20 card for skate, and so did my roommate who took me there

I waited for half an hour while they searched through everything looking for Skate. Then the manager came over and told me they wouldn't give me a gift card because it should be in the store. Then after arguing some employee comes up and said they got a notice it would be in Friday, so the manager printed out the note and said I would not be getting the card. Circuit City sucks so bad.

oooooooooook here is my story about the $20 gift card over Skate...

Grab a drink and some snacks, this is an epic battle…

I am in the store about 1:30 trying to kill some time for 2:00 to roll around. Just before 2:00 I am told they are not getting the game and I will NOT be getting a gift card because they have a correction notice up. They also said they ONLY honor it when it is THIER fault, and this was not their fault. I asked when and how it could be their fault.. new games get shipped directly from the manufacture to them via ups. So really, it could never be their fault. But I had to go pick up my kids and my nephew from school so I did not put up much more of a fight then and there. So I left.... pissed off and no gift card.

at 2:45 My sister-in-law went into the SAME store and they gave her the $20 gift card no problem. In and out within 5 minutes. She had went there to get the game for my brother and had no idea what was going on.

I get home from picking up the kids at school and drop off my nephew and my sister-in-law tells me she got a $20 gift card because CC did not have the game my brother wanted. You could imagine what was going thru my head at this moment....

So I return to the same CC that had denied me about 2 hours before and the same store that gave her the gift card about an hour before. The tell me the SAME thing - no gift card for me for reasons they already told me. I then asked why my sister-in-law got a gift card and I could not. They denied giving her the gif card. At this time I pull out the receipt she got when she got the gift card (I assume she should not have got this because it says 'Store Copy' on it) . They look at the receipt and then say she got it by mistake and would still not give me the gift card.

So after a few more minutes of arguing I leave and decided to call the "customer service" line at 1-800-251-2665 ... all I can say about that number is it is the biggest waste of time ever. I was on the phone with some lady who was honestly stupid.... was just not getting it at all. She called the store and got back to me. She told me she was not going to give me a gift card either and then HUNG UP ON ME.

I called back and talked to a different lady - went thru the same crap all over again, she called the store again and was still saying no. I went thru the entire "I am a good customer, blah blah blah" line - being calm and not cursing in any way. She said she would put the request in but did not expect it to be approved. And said I would be getting a call in 24-48 hours from now. I am not going to hold my breath.

But ya - a total of about 50 minutes on the phone total between the two calls and prob 30-45 minutes in the store between the two visits. At this point it is not about the $20, but about pride and getting CC to honor what they put in their ads. I mean hell - they put that stuff in the ad to gain an advantage on places like BB and Wal=Fart but if it blows up in their face they have no intention of honoring it.

What a load of crap.

But ya - I will see if heavenly sword comes in at 2 tomorrow like it should be lol.

[quote name='fuss']

So after a few more minutes of arguing I leave and decided to call the "customer service" line at 1-800-251-2665 ... all I can say about that number is it is the biggest waste of time ever. I was on the phone with some lady who was honestly stupid.... was just not getting it at all. She called the store and got back to me. She told me she was not going to give me a gift card either and then HUNG UP ON ME.

[/quote]
Glad I'm not the only one they hung up on. They did that to me twice. They must have REALLY stressful jobs over there, getting NOTHING but complaint calls.

[quote name='cheapghg']Glad I'm not the only one they hung up on. They did that to me twice. They must have REALLY stressful jobs over there, getting NOTHING but complaint calls.[/quote]

Gives them no excuse to hang up on people. When they took the job they should have had some sort of clue that were going to deal with this type of stuff. If they thought anything different then they have no grasp on reality....

Here's my story:

I went in to CC at 2:30 before I had to go to work. I browsed around the 360 section until an employee came up and asked if I needed help with anything. I asked if he had Skate in and he replied with, "No, It was pushed back a day, so it probably won't be in until tomorow." I then asked if they were still giving out the $20 gift cards for it and he asked if that was in the ad. We then walked up and sure enough it was in the ad. He asked the customer service if it was in yet, and they said no and promptly handed me a $20 gift card.

easiest $20 i've ever made.

bread's done
Back