$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!
Noticed at Gamestop today used PSPGo systems have dropped from $150 to $99. For some reason the website doesn't have used Go's at all so it's B&M only. Figured this would be nice for all the people that didn't pick it up for $150 on BF.

[quote name='gokou36']Classics as in homebrew right? You can already do that as long as your firmware is 6.20 or under. I bought mine from Amazon last week and it came with 5.70 firmware even though it had the free 3 games on the box. I bought it because the psp slim is way too big to hold in my pocket. I got it for $149, anything higher is a freakin ripoff imo.

I always hear people saying its more comfortable than the phat/slim. Imo it sucks. The button layout is terrible. Buttons and Dpad are way smaller. I don't even know if I can get used to playing Monster Hunter on that thing.

Edit : Google Half Byte Loader.[/QUOTE]

Can you redeem the 3 free games if you don't update to the newest firmware? I thought you couldn't get to the online store unless you had the newest firmware.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Can you redeem the 3 free games if you don't update to the newest firmware? I thought you couldn't get to the online store unless you had the newest firmware.[/QUOTE]

I know if you have a PS3 you can activate it through that by plugging it into the PS3, doesn't matter what FW the PSP is on. Not sure if they would count toward an activation with the 3 free games though.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Wonder if this might become a universal price drop soon. Hope other stores take effect and I'll pick up a new one. I personally wouldn't get a used one because of the 3 free games offer, which can only be claimed once per PSPGo, once someone else registers it you can't get the 3 free games with it.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for $150 as the new MSRP, but mostly to take advantage of the Carl's Jr coupon!

-

[quote name='mr_bungle']What is the Carl's Jr. coupon? Is there a Hardee's coupon too?[/QUOTE]

Carls Jr coupon is a $50 off coupon that works at target for the PSPGo.

I don't mean to bump a buried thread, but I just picked up a used go for $99. The thing about it was that the employee at the gamestop said they were 149.99 when I called. However when I went to the store, I told the employee about the price and she checked and she seemed surprised that it was actually $99. Another weird thing was that when I bought a used 3000 two days ago They gave me a free two year warranty. I then returned the 3000 in order to get the go. When I returned it they credited me for the warranty (she then gave me another free warranty on the go). I ended up netting extra credit.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Can you redeem the 3 free games if you don't update to the newest firmware? I thought you couldn't get to the online store unless you had the newest firmware.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, I registered it with my PS3's PSN account and redeemed it on the PS3 and copied it over. I heard you can also use the PC's Media Go but i didn't bother with that.

Yea, I bought a PSP Go over lunch today. As one of the other posters said, I was surprised to get a free one year warranty. I'm not sure why, I just got it. Is GS doing some sort of promotion that gives you a free warranty? Either way, it's a cool bonus.

hey guys im planning to get one tomorrow. so for those who bought one used, is it refurbished? like with little/no scratches? and do they come with pre-loaded games?
i dont have a PSN account since i dont have/had a ps3 or previous version of psp

[quote name='giantqtipz']hey guys im planning to get one tomorrow. so for those who bought one used, is it refurbished? like with little/no scratches? and do they come with pre-loaded games?
i dont have a PSN account since i dont have/had a ps3 or previous version of psp[/QUOTE]

If there's anything on it, I doubt it will work since whoever had it before you will have probably deactivated it. Although if there is stuff on it, you won't be able to use it once you log into the PSN with your own account.

Has anyone had luck getting the three games with a used go, and if so how long did it take to get the email. I'm still not sure if i even registered it right.

Is $99 a permanent price for the Go used or will it go back to $149 after the Power Saver sale is over and the price of a new Go goes back to $199?

As a part timer at GS the new Go's will go back to $200 after this week from what I'm told. As for the $100 used price I think it's staying.

Long time reader, first time poster!

I just came back from Target and they price matched the gamestop 149.99 price and accepted my 50 dollars off coupon I got at carls. Minus my 100 dollar gift card for signing up with att I ended up paying 8.25 out of my pocket.

Gamestop ad's runs till today (I think) so go to your local target and try to price match, and use the coupon good luck.

[quote name='Perromalvado']Long time reader, first time poster!

I just came back from Target and they price matched the gamestop 149.99 price and accepted my 50 dollars off coupon I got at carls. Minus my 100 dollar gift card for signing up with att I ended up paying 8.25 out of my pocket.

Gamestop ad's runs till today (I think) so go to your local target and try to price match, and use the coupon good luck.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap, I should try that.

Ive always had problems pricematching at Target because they need a physical ad.

Gamestop ad's runs till today (I think) so go to your local target and try to price match, and use the coupon good luck.[/QUOTE]

where could i get this gamestop ad you speak of?

[quote name='Y2Bogus']At this point I'm starting to wonder if the 6.20+ exploit will ever be released[/QUOTE]

wow last time i was in the psp scene, it was firmware 3.33 M33, or something like that.

[quote name='gokou36']Yes you can, I registered it with my PS3's PSN account and redeemed it on the PS3 and copied it over. I heard you can also use the PC's Media Go but i didn't bother with that.[/QUOTE]

Can you walk through that process here? I plugged into my ps3 and saw no option to register

I think you got lucky, I got denied at 2 different targets and I did have the Gamestop store ad too.

Thanks for the 411! Just got the PSPgo for 107 with price match and coupon. BTW ad is good until the 19th:bouncy:

[quote name='Y2Bogus']Can you walk through that process here? I plugged into my ps3 and saw no option to register[/QUOTE]

lol, supposed to register on the browser, not from your PS3. Here you go http://us.playstation.com/registration/product/ .

I registered mine on the 3rd and got the code on the 9th but I did hear people taking WEEKS to get their vouchers. Always remember to check your spambox in case. I did email them on the 9th so not sure if I just got lucky or what. Customer service says they only send out codes on Wednesday so it's bs. If you don't get yours within 7 business days you should pester them.

After you get your code, redeem it on your PS3, download/install it on the PS3, plug your PSP Go into the PS3, hit triangle and Copy.

as a huge fan of the MGS series i think i'll bite on the Go to get a couple of the MGS packs on PSN... they seem like a decent price at the moment.

You are welcome DarthWar, I was just trying to be a good cag member and spread some good info. I am glad that atleast 1 more person in cag got the deal to work.

Now to register my psp go, thanks for link gokou36. :)

[quote name='DarthWar']Thanks for the 411! Just got the PSPgo for 107 with price match and coupon. BTW ad is good until the 19th:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
same here, Got it for 104, used my target card to get an extra 5% off, the lady stared at the ad for quite a while, but got it anyways. :applause:

[quote name='Envel']How do you get this $50 off coupon?[/QUOTE]
do it today, but go to carls Jr. and buy the Green Hornet keychain, you don't need to buy the food. the keychain is $1.96+tx, CA. It has a $50 off Target PSP Go coupon. get the ad from gamestop to price match, gamestop's sale ends tomorrow.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']do it today, but go to carls Jr. and buy the Green Hornet keychain, you don't need to buy the food. the keychain is $1.96+tx, CA. It has a $50 off Target PSP Go coupon. get the ad from gamestop to price match, gamestop's sale ends tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
None of those here in the East :cry:

[quote name='Donutkid2222']i though it said to log into the PSN Store from your go from an existing account or new?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to log into the store with the Go, if you did that you just screwed yourself out of the hen(hopefully cfw) that's coming out soon for 6.20.

BTW if anyone likes to play their games on the big screen with even the dualshock 3 controller, i bought my official sony psp go component cables for $5 at Frys.

I live on the East Coast so no Hardee's for me, but if any of you guys would have the heart to go out and get a $50 PSPGo for me I would be ecstatic!

[quote name='Fuzi0n']I'm assuming you have Hardee's instead of Carl's Jr. They are the same restaurant just on different sides of the country.

Hardee's

Carl's Jr.[/QUOTE]
None of those in NJ apparently.

[quote name='gokou36']You don't have to log into the store with the Go, if you did that you just screwed yourself out of the hen(hopefully cfw) that's coming out soon for 6.20.

BTW if anyone likes to play their games on the big screen with even the dualshock 3 controller, i bought my official sony psp go component cables for $5 at Frys.[/QUOTE]
I have not registered the PSP go yet, I was wondering. Which is the best way to get the codes, the website you linked with the code and purchase date, I don't know any other way other then that through the psp itself.

I bought a used one for 99 bucks the other day and am already regretting it. Don't look at UMD game prices, because it will just piss you off. It also would have been nice if they had stuck with Pro-Duo cards instead of the micro. If you are unsure about getting one of these, I would suggest you just get a PSP Slim.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I bought a used one for 99 bucks the other day and am already regretting it. Don't look at UMD game prices, because it will just piss you off. It also would have been nice if they had stuck with Pro-Duo cards instead of the micro. If you are unsure about getting one of these, I would suggest you just get a PSP Slim.[/QUOTE]

see im looking at it as an awesome price for an mp3/video player that goes online and oh yea it also plays psp games as an added bonus :)

Oh: and also if you only bought it a couple days ago gamestop will let you return it

[quote name='bredbu']see im looking at it as an awesome price for an mp3/video player that goes online and oh yea it also plays psp games as an added bonus :)

Oh: and also if you only bought it a couple days ago gamestop will let you return it[/QUOTE]

The PSP Slim does the same, plus has a larger screen. I didn't buy mine at Gamestop.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']The PSP Slim does the same, plus has a larger screen. I didn't buy mine at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how BIG the slim is? It fits my pocket but no way is it comfortable at all. And yeah I have both of them but I did buy the PSP Go as a media player since I've been going to the gym. No way am I buying an itouch :p.

Anyone know if Amazon will pricematch their own site? I want to buy their online code games for the same price as the UMD ones, lol. Pretty shitty that I have to pay $5 extra for a download when digital is supposed to be cheaper than media.

And yes I agree, the Go is sexy, i'd hit it.

I can't imagine trying to use a PSP GO at the gym. It's still fairly large, especially for that type of use. The Sansa Clip+ is the way to go for a gym player.

My wife surprised me with a $99 PSP Go from Target for Christmas (she gave me the receipt)! Thanks to the OP of the GS pricematch and $50 off Green Hornet coupon!
Love the form-factor! And now Front Mission 3 is in the PSN store? w00t!

bread's done
Back