$99 USED PSPGo System (Gamestop B&M)

Vampjoe

CAGiversary!
Noticed at Gamestop today used PSPGo systems have dropped from $150 to $99. For some reason the website doesn't have used Go's at all so it's B&M only. Figured this would be nice for all the people that didn't pick it up for $150 on BF.

I don't know why I always jump into Go threads to defend it, but it really is a nice device. I like it a lot.

But, keep in mind that you can't play Lumines, Kingdom Hearts, or Invizimals on it. You will also miss out on clearance UMDs (although PSN has its own sales pretty often). So if those stipulations matter to you as little as they did to me, you'll love the Go.

[quote name='punkmaggit']So, buy the game new, use the download code, then the UMD becomes superfluous? Nope. Try again.

I really don't see how downloading a game I own is illegal. I'm sure some sort of legal jargon describes it, but it'll be a cold day in hell before I concede that what I've done is drive any developer/publisher out of business.[/QUOTE]

Harm to the publisher isnt the question. Downloading a copyrighted game is illegal for anyone. Ownership of the physical or not. This goes for movies, music, etc.

[quote name='Mr Ostrich']I'm active in the PSP modding community, someone has cracked the Go finally and a real release of the CFW that allows all of the stuff that are on the older PSPs is coming.[/QUOTE]

I'll believe it when I see it but as of right now there's no way I'd trade my PSP 1000 for a PSPgo and give up all of my SNES, NES and GB games.

This seems like a pretty good price despite it only allowing you to play downloadable games. I have a psp 1000 with a cracked screen (and no games) which I plan on fixing myself, but now im wondering if I should just get the used go instead. :/

[quote name='chimpmeister']Agreed 100%. I have several PSP systems, including the original "Phat" model, a few 2000s, and two 3000s. The PSP blows away the DS in terms of hardware; bigger screen, better resolution, more powerful CPU and graphics processors, better front panel controls, nicer form factor. The DS is just totally underpowered, low-res, awkward to hold, and 99% of the games are shovelware and kids games. And the silly 2nd screen is a gimmick, useless in almost every game released for the system. They should have focused on a single, larger, higher-resolution screen, instead of the gimmick of having 2 screens, when designing the system.
[/QUOTE]

You PSP fanboys have been spewing the same arguments since even before the two systems first launched... Lame.

Anyways, good price for the go. Bluetooth + dualshock 3 might actually make some psp games playable for me.

[quote name='digitalplague']psp go i say NO! psp 3000 is where its at.. it uses both UMD's and Digital (downloaded games).[/QUOTE]
i am one of the biggest anti-DD people on the planet but im pulling the trigger on the pspgo simply because i would like to be able to play ps1 games on a handheld and i know the psp3000 can but for 100$ and its smaller and slicker looking i will go with the go.

if i was for DD i would easily pick the go over 3000 because i think UMDs are awful and should of never been created and i pray PSP2 doesn't use them.

$99 is definitely the best price I've seen but I still can't pull the trigger until I stumble on one for dirt cheap.

I love the size and feel, but I already have a Fat and can't justify the Go.

[quote name='VaultDweller']hey guys if i buy, can i return it and get full refund? or is that policy only for games?[/QUOTE]

I think you have 7 days for a full refund, and 30 days if its broken/damaged.

[quote name='elitewillie']Just called my local GS and they are NOT selling them used for $99. They are asking for $150. Yeah right!!! lol[/QUOTE]

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

The person who made this forum lied to us.....:bomb:

[quote name='czissis']$99 is definitely the best price I've seen but I still can't pull the trigger until I stumble on one for dirt cheap.

I love the size and feel, but I already have a Fat and can't justify the Go.[/QUOTE]

You do know that the PSP-3000 and PSPGo both have brighter, more colorful screens? Big improvements over the Phat screen; I know, I have all three of the regular PSP versions, just not a PSPGo yet.

[quote name='javeryh']I'll believe it when I see it but as of right now there's no way I'd trade my PSP 1000 for a PSPgo and give up all of my SNES, NES and GB games.[/QUOTE]

But you can already do homebrews if you're on 6.20 firmware or lower. I don't think The HEN even has iso loaders, although there are different teams working on it. I agree though, I don't believe it until its out. Dude said he'll release it before xmas so we'll see. I think its stupid to not release it just because 6.35 firmware came out. Hell 6.36 is out in JP, is he going to make excuses to postpone it again?

[quote name='orale1226']:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

The person who made this forum lied to us.....:bomb:[/QUOTE]

No, I bought one Sunday for $99. The new ones are for $150 now.

When you call make sure you ask for the SKU 909041

[quote name='Vampjoe']No, I bought one Sunday for $99. The new ones are for $150 now.

When you call make sure you ask for the SKU 909041[/QUOTE]

Are you on crack? New PSP Go's are $199. Sure there were BB/Amazon sales for $150, but there were no new PSP Go's for $150 at GS.

Still too high for me too
They should have thought more about all of us with a slew of umds I'm not paying to have games I own in a download for a mobile device
A simple conversion system of some type would have remedied the issue

[quote name='gokou36']Are you on crack? New PSP Go's are $199. Sure there were BB/Amazon sales for $150, but there were no new PSP Go's for $150 at GS.[/QUOTE]

No I'm not on crack, new PSPGo's are part of the Power Saver sale for $150, I was mistaken that the sale had already started for the new ones though.

[quote name='Vampjoe']No I'm not on crack, new PSPGo's are part of the Power Saver sale for $150, I was mistaken that the sale had already started for the new ones though.[/QUOTE]

still doubting this is true. Im going up there in a bit ill ask while im there... but i'd be OP is wrong

I think the OP could put a lot of doubters to rest with a simple scan of his receipt so some of us can save time/trips to Gamestop looking for these.

[quote name='chimpmeister']You do know that the PSP-3000 and PSPGo both have brighter, more colorful screens? Big improvements over the Phat screen; I know, I have all three of the regular PSP versions, just not a PSPGo yet.[/QUOTE]

I know the advantages, but its still a hard sell for me.

I went last night and used my credit to pick up a pspgo! First impressions are pretty good! The last psp I had was a 1000 model which was bulky and heavy. This is light and fits comfortably in my pocket. As a bonus, the used system that I bought came with an additional 16 GB memory card! I think the previous owner left it in there and Gamestop didn't think to check for it.

Thanks again OP!

[quote name='punkmaggit']As a bonus, the used system that I bought came with an additional 16 GB memory card! I think the previous owner left it in there and Gamestop didn't think to check for it.

Thanks again OP![/QUOTE]
Now that's a killer deal!
Those M2 cards aren't cheap. Nice find!

Does anyone know how the account activations work on used PSPs? I know that I won't be able to snag the 3 free games with a new Go, but if a used Go still has a game or two in the internal memory, and then I sync the Go to my existing PSN account to throw my own purchases on there, would the older games still be playable?

I think I'm going to hunt around and see if I can find one of these bad boys today.

[quote name='lunker']Does anyone know how the account activations work on used PSPs? I know that I won't be able to snag the 3 free games with a new Go, but if a used Go still has a game or two in the internal memory, and then I sync the Go to my existing PSN account to throw my own purchases on there, would the older games still be playable?

I think I'm going to hunt around and see if I can find one of these bad boys today.[/QUOTE]

That's a problem. If there happen to be any games activated on the system, they will only function as long as the system remains as is. The minute you activate the system using your PSN id, those games become unplayable.
If you like the games, play them until you finish them. Then, activate using your PSN id.

The chances of finding a system with active games are slim, but hey somebody appears to have found a system with a 16G card still in it. So, you never know.

I know the last used DS XL I bought, came with a 8GB SD card in it, so you can (in theory, and practice) get lucky.

I'd really like to upgrade from my 1000 model (to a Go, even, because I like the hardware), but I don't feel like buying Dissidia over PSN again. And (last I checked), you can't play the new Kingdom Hearts because Disney didn't do digital, so they only offered it on UMD.

:/ The UMD-less thing is nice thought, but it seems really poorly executed.

[quote name='dragonjud']That's a problem. If there happen to be any games activated on the system, they will only function as long as the system remains as is. The minute you activate the system using your PSN id, those games become unplayable.
If you like the games, play them until you finish them. Then, activate using your PSN id.

The chances of finding a system with active games are slim, but hey somebody appears to have found a system with a 16G card still in it. So, you never know.

I know the last used DS XL I bought, came with a 8GB SD card in it, so you can (in theory, and practice) get lucky.[/QUOTE]

How much do used XL's go for at Gamestop? $150?

If you are considering a PspGO, just check to make sure the games you want are available digitally; that's what made me choose the 3000. For example, Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Some of the Ys games (I think only Ys seven is downloadable)...anyhoo there are lots more. Just check first. And don't forget that "Playstation phone" :p

EDIT: oh, and I think they use slightly different memory sticks, so I don't know if you can transfer saves :(

[quote name='dragonjud']That's a problem. If there happen to be any games activated on the system, they will only function as long as the system remains as is. The minute you activate the system using your PSN id, those games become unplayable.

I know the last used DS XL I bought, came with a 8GB SD card in it, so you can (in theory, and practice) get lucky.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much. I've been occasionally lurking eBay and Craigslist for used Go units, and most every listing includes a bunch of the games they've downloaded to jack up the price, which I have no use for. :( Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Just bought a white Go for $99! I can post a receipt if anyone really wants super-concrete evidence. Only downside is that the one I have didn't come with the USB cable (did come with charger), but I've seen some for under 5 bucks on Amazon. And holy crap, I just checked the games list, and the previous owner bought Chains of Olympus and a ton of PS1 games! Crap, I really want to keep these now. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lunker']I figured as much. I've been occasionally lurking eBay and Craigslist for used Go units, and most every listing includes a bunch of the games they've downloaded to jack up the price, which I have no use for. :( Thanks for the info.

EDIT: Just bought a white Go for $99! I can post a receipt if anyone really wants super-concrete evidence. Only downside is that the one I have didn't come with the USB cable (did come with charger), but I've seen some for under 5 bucks on Amazon. And holy crap, I just checked the games list, and the previous owner bought Chains of Olympus and a ton of PS1 games! Crap, I really want to keep these now. :([/QUOTE]

The power cable is the usb cable as well...

[quote name='HitmanPham']The power cable is the usb cable as well...[/QUOTE]

Oh my god. I'm an idiot. Thank you. :oops:

[quote name='HitmanPham']The power cable is the usb cable as well...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's pretty cool.

I lost mine and every store I go to doesn't seem to have them. Odd.

a $99 PSPGo is tempting as I don't own a PSP (sold mine a while back), but I really don't need to be spending any money right now...And with the announcement of the PSP2 and the 3DS coming in March, I feel that the go will keep dropping in price...

also, does the PSP Go have any sort of memory built in or do you need a memory stick duo to do anything?

[quote name='jj5206']also, does the PSP Go have any sort of memory built in or do you need a memory stick duo to do anything?[/QUOTE]

It has 16 GB (really 14 GB) of internal space.

^ I could never find a direct answer, but I do know some of the PSP games not currently available on the Playstation Network:
Lumines, Lumines II, Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

The original Bomberman on PSP was for awhile not available until recently. I've been considering to pick up the Metal Gear Solid Digital Novel.

I want that Silent Hill graphic/digital, think it was called Silent Hill Experience. Not sure if it is there on PSN or not.

[quote name='gunstar808']So is that 3 free game promotion thing for any Go you register? Works with these used ones as well?[/QUOTE]

hmm im wondering this as well, i just registered the used one i bought last night.. anyone knows let me know id be loving that!

[quote name='javeryh']I'll believe it when I see it but as of right now there's no way I'd trade my PSP 1000 for a PSPgo and give up all of my SNES, NES and GB games.[/QUOTE]
Its a full on kernal exploit, the current status is that it is 'coming soon' and it is out to certain members of the modding community (i'm not one of them though). I know one of the guys that has it and he says its the real deal, i think what the wait is now is a chess game in terms of OFW version and CFW versions with Sony.

I'm thinking the white PSPGo will be worth my time when the modding does become active. I love being able to play classics on a portable :)

[quote name='mr_bungle']I'm thinking the white PSPGo will be worth my time when the modding does become active. I love being able to play classics on a portable :)[/QUOTE]

Classics as in homebrew right? You can already do that as long as your firmware is 6.20 or under. I bought mine from Amazon last week and it came with 5.70 firmware even though it had the free 3 games on the box. I bought it because the psp slim is way too big to hold in my pocket. I got it for $149, anything higher is a freakin ripoff imo.

I always hear people saying its more comfortable than the phat/slim. Imo it sucks. The button layout is terrible. Buttons and Dpad are way smaller. I don't even know if I can get used to playing Monster Hunter on that thing.

Edit : Google Half Byte Loader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh really? You can play SNES and NES games on the PSPGo now? If so, I'll probably sell mine and get one. I don't even own any UMDs on mine. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Well, my GS has one. I may swing by there tomorrow. Good lookin' out.

[quote name='sasukekun']New dropped to $150. Might just buy a new one if I cant find a used one in flawless condition.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if this might become a universal price drop soon. Hope other stores take effect and I'll pick up a new one. I personally wouldn't get a used one because of the 3 free games offer, which can only be claimed once per PSPGo, once someone else registers it you can't get the 3 free games with it.

bread's done
Back