A dedicated OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear that Diary of the Dead is good.

legorockbandiggypop580px.jpg

Ok. That's awesome.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Diary of the Dead was terrible. Romero has officially lost it.[/QUOTE]
Land of the Dead was even worse. Stripes with zombies? GTFO.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Land of the Dead was even worse. Stripes with zombies? GTFO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't like that one either. I've always hated the whole Bub thing.

I was thinking of going as Ugly Bob this Halloween, but I might go with zombie civil war soldier or something similar instead.

Brak are you covering the NASCAR race right now?

That Zombie vs. Shark battle was so unintentionally sexual, though.

[quote name='manthing']You fucking stink.[/QUOTE]

You liked it? Bah.

One thing I have noticed is that this guy seems to be in every zombie movie.

fatlou1.jpg

[quote name='Brak']What GIF?

[/QUOTE]

You're slippin'.

WTF is up with DMB being all over NFL and College football commercials? I know they are pretty popular for being passed their prime, but it's not really football music.

[quote name='Brak']Go to h3ll, h3llbringer![/QUOTE]
Let me run down the idiocy of that film:

1. Super armored & weaponized Winnebago a la Stripes
  2. The Zombies have a leader and act collectively?
  3. John Leguizamo plays a character named Cholo
  4. Dennis Hopper's character dies over breifcases full of cash. (In a post apocalyptic world- where the last city has just fallen- WHO IN THE fuckING WORLD WOULD CARE ABOUT CASH) Priorities are: Weapons & Ammo, Food, Female allies who can fight (see pussy), allies, gas, pussy. Cash bundles don't even rank except to start a fire.
  5. They fucking call fireworks SKY FLOWERS. :roll:
  6. . . .
  7. I can go on, but really? I don't even-
Oh yea, when someone (like me) who loves zombies films to a fault thinks the acting stinks; it really, really fucking stinks.

[quote name='Maklershed']How is it 10pm already. I feel like I just woke up. :([/QUOTE]

Same here. That is probably because I did sleep all day though. :lol:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Let me run down the idiocy of that film:

1. Super armored & weaponized Winnebago a la Stripes
  2. The Zombies have a leader and act collectively?
  3. John Leguizamo plays a character named Cholo
  4. Dennis Hopper's character dies over breifcases full of cash. (In a post apocalyptic world- where the last city has just fallen- WHO IN THE fuckING WORLD WOULD CARE ABOUT CASH) Priorities are: Weapons & Ammo, Food, Female allies who can fight (see pussy), allies, gas, pussy. Cash bundles don't even rank except to start a fire.
  5. They fucking call fireworks SKY FLOWERS. :roll:
  6. . . .
  7. I can go on, but really? I don't even-
Oh yea, when someone (like me) who loves zombies films to a fault thinks the acting stinks; it really, really fucking stinks.[/QUOTE]
Without all of those bullets, Romero wouldn't have been able to continue his legacy of making zombie films which parallel current social-political issues.

(The fear of illegal immigrants, post-9/11 sense of false security, terrorism, etc.)

Out of all of his zombie films, I feel that Land of the Dead was the most moral.

[quote name='JolietJake']I think Day of the Dead is the funniest zombie movie i've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

And it has one of the best death scenes:

When the Army asshole gets torn in 2 and his entrails spill out

[quote name='manthing']SciFi, I think[/QUOTE]

It was AMC, first time watching the entire thing and it was pretty good.

And Diary > Land

The colors in Land of the Dead are amazing.

I also really loved the blue filter Romero used in that little sweeping zombie introduction shot.

[quote name='TheRock88']It was AMC, first time watching the entire thing and it was pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. It was the first time I saw it since the 80s. I watched part 2, like, 200 times though.

[quote name='Brak']The colors in Land of the Dead are amazing.

I also really loved the blue filter Romero used in that little sweeping zombie introduction shot.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, calm down.

The existence of the armored vehicle makes it crap. Mr. 4Chan said so.

The most important part is how people react to it... Romero's films would lose part of their charm if he showed how it all started.

[quote name='manthing']And it has one of the best death scenes:

When the Army asshole gets torn in 2 and his entrails spill out[/QUOTE]
That was pretty funny.

Just the idea of making a zombie basically a pet was enough to make me lol.

That's part of the reason that the Return movies are only good for laughs.

They appeal to the Linkin Common Denominator by spelling everything out for those dullards. They'll sit through the Romero films preoccupied what caused the zombies.

[quote name='Brak']Without all of those bullets, Romero wouldn't have been able to continue his legacy of making zombie films which parallel current social-political issues.

(The fear of illegal immigrants, post-9/11 sense of false security, terrorism, etc.)

Out of all of his zombie films, I feel that Land of the Dead was the most moral.[/QUOTE]

Isn't beating up on materialism in the face of humanity a Zombie movie cliche' now?

The character of Cholo was a hero before he was sold out (where is the xenophobia in that). Most of the Zombies in the film are clearly home grown. Making the Zombie leader a black-man with a linebackers build plays into the general racism angle (as does referring to the zombies as "stenchers") It was more of the racism allegory going back to the first zombie films. Again it's more cliche' than hommage.

I'll concede the post-9/11 mentality sense of false security theme, but didn't 28 weeks do that leaps and bounds better (infected vs. zombies notwithstanding).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']The character of Cholo was a hero before he was sold out (where is the xenophobia in that). [/quote]#-o

The greedy white man (Dennis Hopper) was fine with paying the Mexican for cheap work... but when the hard working Mexican asked to be a part of the the rich white man's ivory tower, he was shot down.

There's the xenophobia, right there.
[quote name='h3llbring3r']Most of the Zombies in the film are clearly home grown. Making a the Zombie leader a black-man with a linebackers build plays into the general racism angle (as does referring to the zombies as "stenchers") It was more of the racism allegory going back to the first zombie films. Again it's more cliche' than hommage.[/quote]
The zombies having a leader, and subsequently learning and forming an army, was used so that they could infiltrate the rich white man's ivory tower -- a false sense of security through wealth, which caused their ultimate demise through being so secure that they could not escape.

To say that they're "homegrown" isn't fair, being that they're no longer human.

Also, the shot where the zombie leader and the main character (I forget his name) have a distant eye-to-eye is obviously symbolic.
[quote name='h3llbring3r']I'll concede the post-9/11 mentality sense of false security theme, but didn't 28 weeks do that leaps and bounds better (infected vs. zombies not with standing).[/QUOTE]
Kinda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back