A good sign "Natal" isn't aimed at you, hardcore gamers

soo... here it goes :D

look NATAL will not be $150, it was all a hoax :lol:. Microsoft wants people/fuck -tards who want to buy Natal thinking they have to shell out $150 but when E3 comes around they are going to say it is either $60, $80, or atleast under $100 to " supposedly " surprise the consumer with a much lower price !! PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THAT $150 BULLSHIT !!

....am I going KrAZy ?

I mean come on look at this , do you want your family doing this kind of shit !! haha

6dzhc6.jpg

I've seen this theory posted on these forums a number of times already from different people. I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too hard.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I've seen this theory posted on these forums a number of times already from different people. I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too hard.[/QUOTE]

awwww really ??

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Sorry to break it to you, but you will probably never be the first person to think of anything. Certainly, not in regards to videogame commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm0KKa6wACQ[/QUOTE]

Why say your sorry? Your obviously not sorry at all. Sound like one of those people that loves to find excuses to look down their nose at what other people say and "Give them an education" to get a cheap sense of self satisfaction. If not then you wouldnt have worded your original post so crassy and then just perpetuated it with the post above.

The lady in the video is a complete See You Next Tuesday.

@ 17 seconds in, she brushes her hand against the guy (who isn't even moving at the time) and yells " whoa, owwww!" accusingly. Then he apologizes for no reason and she curses half under her breath loud enough for all to hear (including the children right in front of her).

[quote name='Kerig']The lady in the video is a complete See You Next Tuesday.

@ 17 seconds in, she brushes her hand against the guy (who isn't even moving at the time) and yells " whoa, owwww!" accusingly. Then he apologizes for no reason and she curses half under her breath loud enough for all to hear (including the children right in front of her).[/QUOTE]

Watch it again. Dude stepped on her foot.

I just don't get the point of this demo. You could have EASILY done all of this stuff with just the 360 camera, is there ANYYYYYYY reason this needed to be a demonstration of the Natal tech?

It's quite embarrassing for Microsoft. Now is the time to show the precision, not to show that you can jump in front of it like two wasted penguins.

[quote name='mitch079']Watch it again. Dude stepped on her foot.[/QUOTE]

Wow, completely missed that. He really crunched her good, too. As penance for my mistake I will buy Natal...as soon as it hits $5 (or $10 if it comes with a game).

[quote name='Kerig']Wow, completely missed that. He really crunched her good, too. As penance for my mistake I will buy Natal...as soon as it hits $5 (or $10 if it comes with a game).[/QUOTE]

Ha, give it about 4 months.

[quote name='Kerig']Wow, completely missed that. He really crunched her good, too. As penance for my mistake I will buy Natal...as soon as it hits $5 (or $10 if it comes with a game).[/QUOTE]
Yea then the guy did the awkward laugh + sorry which meant, "DONT YOU fuck THIS UP FOR ME HONEY! KEEP MOVING BITCH". Basically.

The video was pretty sorry, but I still hold out hope for Natal. It really comes down to how the developers implement the technology. Look at the early DS games that just threw in crap because it was possible. Over time, there are some games that have evolved to make appropriate use of the tech.

Judicious use of the technology can make Natal a success. Head tracking instead of using the analog stick for camera could be cool. There are other applications could be a good use of its abilities, but the developers need to show some early restraint.

Once the internal chip was taken out of Natal, that turned it back into a regular camera. I don't think that this is the full product that MS envisioned. But I guess they're just compelled to try and release some sort of motion based tech...

Comments have been disabled from that video. What a shame. I do not know what was funnier, the ugliest white woman who reminds me of the witch from The Wizard of Oz are the racists 13 year old white boys using the n, s and f term every other line.

[quote name='bvharris']I might be interested if it was done well, and not done like I'm an idiot with my arms flailing around. I don't think we're there yet.[/QUOTE]
even if we get there, id put myself into a dark room where no one could see me. unless "there is actually a virtual world that you get transported to and play a first person shooter like lasertag, but thats to far from now.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']
I mean come on look at this , do you want your family doing this kind of shit !! haha
6dzhc6.jpg
[/QUOTE]
movethatnatal.gif
damn side bars (editing out now)

That looks just awful.

I wasn't really interested in Natal, anyway. I don't think it's going to make games I like "better" by letting me move in them; I think they're just going to go the Wii route (and push family games/shovelware).

I may pick it up when it's dirt cheap...but only if something comes along that's decent to play.

[quote name='Strell']I'm pretty sure OP is an alt account of a banned CAG. Probably Inufaye.[/QUOTE]

Sure. I went all out too.

[quote name='reddjoey']Sure. I went all out too.[/QUOTE]

Actually, when I said this, it wasn't in this thread. There was another thread started by IKilledChewbacca about Natal. Looks like some mod merged it with this one that you made. So now it looks like my comment is referring to you, when originally it wasn't.

[quote name='Strell']Actually, when I said this, it wasn't in this thread. There was another thread started by IKilledChewbacca about Natal. Looks like some mod merged it with this one that you made. So now it looks like my comment is referring to you, when originally it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

ah... well then nevermind

So you need to play in a large room with no furniture in addition to looking like an idiot? When I want to jump and wave around I'll just take out DDR for PS2 thanks.

[quote name='EdRyder']So many jaded cag comments... Were actually comparing it to Wii?
Forgot about R.U.S.E?[/QUOTE]

What does RUSE have to do with Natal?

[quote name='KillerRamen']XboxSupport (twitter) linked the article that goes with the crazy video..
"Looking forward to Natal? Well check out this preview from Parade! http://www.parade.com/news/2010/06/06-how-i-became-an-avatar.html ^JG"

...I didn't think it was possible, but I'm now even more confused. o_O[/QUOTE]
Ugh. Microsoft should really, really not be linking people to this.

Microsoft seriously needs to destroy every copy of that fucking absurd ball-swatting (*snicker*) demo, delete all traces of the source code, and forget that they ever made it. I cannot imagine that anyone has ever reacted positively to footage of people playing it. I have never seen a more embarrassing tech demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What does RUSE have to do with Natal?

[/QUOTE]

Its like the perfect game for Natal.

Granted ,Its speculation to say RUSE will be Natal compatible.But they meld so nicely together. I for one would be disappointed if it wasn't , doubly so if what we've seen so far is the limit of its possibilities.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
Ugh. Microsoft should really, really not be linking people to this.

Microsoft seriously needs to destroy every copy of that fucking absurd ball-swatting (*s$$$$er*) demo, delete all traces of the source code, and forget that they ever made it. I cannot imagine that anyone has ever reacted positively to footage of people playing it. I have never seen a more embarrassing tech demo.[/QUOTE]
I've been wondering this myself, especially after analyzing it again:
1) The two adults, especially the woman, are overacting and have to egg the children on; the part where the man steps on her and she curses doesn't help either.
2) The child in the orange shirt obviously has no idea what's going on and isn't really interested.
3) The child in the white shirt looks like he's actually enjoying the game merely by doing the twist, so much that he falls over.
4) Overall it doesn't look like anyone is in control unless the game itself is just that spastic.

They should have just cut the first video and at most played the second one where it actually looks like they're playing a controlled game.

I also noticed, too, that the first game shown the family is playing is rafting, then they cut to the screen the next time and they are playing some ball/rebound type game... but the family's actions appear to be the same flailing about for both games in that video. The second part with the parent and one kid looks more interesting, fun, real.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I just don't get the point of this demo. You could have EASILY done all of this stuff with just the 360 camera, is there ANYYYYYYY reason this needed to be a demonstration of the Natal tech?

It's quite embarrassing for Microsoft. Now is the time to show the precision, not to show that you can jump in front of it like two wasted penguins.[/QUOTE]

Not the same tech. The big thing natal can do that a regular camera can't is measure depth and distance - pretty accurately.

Now what that means in games is up to developers.

Also, one overlooked feature of Natal is it's supposed advanced microphones. It's suppose to be able to listen to and understand more than one person at a time, while ignoring other ambient sounds in the room.

[quote name='Thomas96']Once the internal chip was taken out of Natal, that turned it back into a regular camera. I don't think that this is the full product that MS envisioned. But I guess they're just compelled to try and release some sort of motion based tech...[/QUOTE]

There is no evidence Natal ever had an 'internal chip'. Having such a chip would only have done one thing: Offload most of the processing of it's data so the 360 didn't have to do it. The end result of having 'a chip' would be that you could easily make older games use Natal in some way - which Microsoft stated they don't want happening.

Also, there is nothing 'regular' about a camera that fires multiple infra-red beams 60 times a second to everything in front of it to obtain a '3D' model of you.

the wii is good for kids and for when you have a lot of people around to play with... if I were back in college I would use it a lot probably.

I don't know if this is going to make a dent.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Not the same tech. The big thing natal can do that a regular camera can't is measure depth and distance - pretty accurately.

Now what that means in games is up to developers.

Also, one overlooked feature of Natal is it's supposed advanced microphones. It's suppose to be able to listen to and understand more than one person at a time, while ignoring other ambient sounds in the room.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you... but I said, "THIS DEMO". And yes, you can do THAT DEMO with just a regular camera. So there is no point in a tech demo that requires you to jump around wildly.

bread's done
Back