A Up/Monsters Inc Blu-Ray buying guide

This thread will be useful to you if you plan on purchasing Up and Monsters Inc together on Blu-Ray.

PRICES

Amazon
Up - $19.99
Monsters Inc - $22.99

Best Buy
Up - $23.99 (ad) / $19.99 (website)
Monsters Inc - $18.99 if purchased with Up (reg. $28.99)

Target
Up - $26.99 (includes free exclusive journal)
Monsters Inc - $26.99

COUPONS

General
$8 off Monsters Inc (printable/B&M use only). You need an account at Disney Movie Rewards (free signup). Once logged in to your account, click "My Account" at the top of the page and then type 786936164886 where it says "Enter Code." This is a manufacturer's coupon and you should be able to use it at any B&M store.

$10 off Up (printable/B&M use only).

Amazon
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together. Discount is automatically applied when both items are added to your cart.

Target
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together (printable/B&M use only). Click this link and go to page 3 - it'll be the third coupon there.

DEALS (ranked in terms of lowest price before sales tax)

#1 - Target
-Pricematch the Best Buy ad price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($23.99 + $18.99 = $42.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($42.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $14.98

#2 - Best Buy
-Pricematch the bestbuy.com price for Up, pay the BB special price for Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $18.99 = $38.95)
-Apply the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($38.98 - $8 -$10)
-Total = $20.98

#3 - Target
-Pay the regular Target price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($26.99 + $26.99 = $53.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($53.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $25.98

#4 - Amazon
-Pay the regular Amazon price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $22.99 = $42.98)
-The Amazon coupon will automatically be applied
-($42.98 - $10)
Total = $32.98

NOTES

-Any deal that includes price-matching is obviously YMMV. Depending on what store you go to they might be prickly about a deal that involves both coupons AND pricematching. I know that the Target I shop at will allow me to do deal #1, but other people will have various success. IT'S UP TO YOU to decide whether it's worth venturing out to your local Target/Best Buy to see if you can successfully get deals 1-2, or whether you don't mind spending extra money for the convenience of Amazon.

-If you do deal #1, you will need a physical copy of the weekly ad from Best Buy showing that store's prices in order to pricematch. These ads can probably be found in your Sunday newspaper.

-I did not include any Amazon deals that involve the "Snow White Thanks" promo as that is exclusive to a select few people.

-I did not include any deals at Wal-Mart as their B&M prices for Up and Monsters Inc are still unknown.

-I did not include any deals from Toys R Us because, well, they don't have any good deals. This thread is about the best out of pocket prices.

-I did not include any deals with a $10 Disney manufacturer's coupon for Up because it is still unknown whether that coupon actually exists.

-YES, TARGET DOES PRICEMATCH

ADDITIONAL REBATES

-$4 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Ronzoni products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Kernel products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Birds Eye products.

-$10 OFF at Amazon when you purchase Up and a second qualifying Blu-Ray.

If you know of any more, please post them here so I can add them.

If you see any errors or have anything else to add, please feel free to let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']You'll only get $9.99 back because of the bundle savings that they'll deduct from the return prices. They might only deduct $5, though don't count on it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm; I guess I'll just return them both then

Our Target did not have Monsters Tuesday afternoon (had to wait on FEDEX for Prestidge CODMW2) so we had to wait until they finally restocked them on Friday. Glad we waited. We were able to get both UP and Monsters for $10.98 before tax after using both MFG coupons and Target coupon.

GREAT DEAL for both movies on BD!

[quote name='jd302426']Anyone notice that one of the discs in UP is loose WTF is up with that? No holder for it.[/QUOTE]

Mine doesn't have any loose discs? It has those flap holders with discs on the front and back

Did a quick glance through the thread and didn't see it, for the next couple of days Fry's (at least here in Atlanta) has got Up for $20, making it $10 after coupon. Nearly bought it at $20 when another customer tipped me off about the coupon, reaffirming that I really need to get back into checking here regularly.

Amazon still hadn't gotten back to me about the $18 adjustment, so as I was calling today to add Boondock Saints to my Fight Club order, I figured I'd try my luck (since she spoke English w/o an accent!) and she kept me on hold for 20 minutes only to get shot down and asked to return the BDs. I can't complain, though, I did snag two sets at Target.

EDIT- Scratch that, she was in the process of e-mailing me shipping labels when she offered a $10 promo credit. I accepted since I had gotten a $10 promo credit when the save $10 when bundled promo first came about and was given a $10 courtesy credit and the $10 bundle credit; too! Now an additional $10 brought it down to $12 for both BDs; now who will I give this third set to as a Christmas gift? :lol:

[quote name='Ed_']Amazon still hadn't gotten back to me about the $18 adjustment, so as I was calling today to add Boondock Saints to my Fight Club order, I figured I'd try my luck (since she spoke English w/o an accent!) and she kept me on hold for 20 minutes only to get shot down and asked to return the BDs. I can't complain, though, I did snag two sets at Target.

EDIT- Scratch that, she was in the process of e-mailing me shipping labels when she offered a $10 promo credit. I accepted since I had gotten a $10 promo credit when the save $10 when bundled promo first came about and was given a $10 courtesy credit and the $10 bundle credit; too! Now an additional $10 brought it down to $12 for both BDs; now who will I give this third set to as a Christmas gift? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'll buy the Up/Monsters Inc. set off you. How much do you want for it?

Has anybody been able to use the Up coupon online? I went to the Walmart near my house, and it was $30 for the Bluray, while it is $20 online.

[quote name='Retrocity']Has anybody been able to use the Up coupon online? I went to the Walmart near my house, and it was $30 for the Bluray, while it is $20 online.[/QUOTE]

Can't you set it ship to store for pick up, then when you go to pick it up, use the coupon then to get it for $10?

Amazon only gave me $1.38 for shipping, which was half of what it cost me to send it back. Such is life. I'm not going to fight them on this. They were a pain in the ass over the whole deal. As I told them in an email, I'll think twice before pre-ordering movies from them in the future.

Wow, I'm retarded. I dunno why I thought I shouldn't keep Monster's Inc. but I definitely will. It will still be cheaper than everywhere else including the return shipping I'll have to pay on Up.

[quote name='karkyco']Can't you set it ship to store for pick up, then when you go to pick it up, use the coupon then to get it for $10?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it; you have to pay for the item online and then you just pick it up in store.

[quote name='karkyco']Can't you set it ship to store for pick up, then when you go to pick it up, use the coupon then to get it for $10?[/QUOTE]You should, yes, though it would be a return and rebuy.

got it from Target tonight for $9.99 w/ $10 off coupon. i pricematched it @ bestbuy but they wouldnt take the $10 coupon because of the pricematch. im like wtf. she was like better try @ Target. rep is cool tho she has helped me pricematch b4.

A little late. After 5 emails, Amazon finally blinked and applied a $10 promo to match the $10 Up coupon. So my total ended up being $13 for both ($10 Up, $10 MI mistake, $10 bundle discounts). Not quite as good as the Target 3 or 4 coupon deal but good enough and I don't have to deal with a return. Plus I got the MI slipcover which my Target MI's didn't have.

After a huge pain and multiple visits/calls to a Target that did not have Monsters Inc. since last Tuesday when it came out, I was able to get this deal.

As of right now I paid 18.86 for BOTH Up and MI. That is total, not per Blu-Ray.

If I can get them to do a price adjust based on the fact that I have a rain check for the sale price then I should be able to get another 8 bucks back.

It took FOREVER for me to get this deal, and probably wasted too much in gas, but I'm glad I finally got something out of it - even if I don't get that last 8 bucks back, it's still a pretty nice deal.

Thanks to everyone who helped with info and updates on this deal! I heart CAG.

bread's done
Back