A Up/Monsters Inc Blu-Ray buying guide

This thread will be useful to you if you plan on purchasing Up and Monsters Inc together on Blu-Ray.

PRICES

Amazon
Up - $19.99
Monsters Inc - $22.99

Best Buy
Up - $23.99 (ad) / $19.99 (website)
Monsters Inc - $18.99 if purchased with Up (reg. $28.99)

Target
Up - $26.99 (includes free exclusive journal)
Monsters Inc - $26.99

COUPONS

General
$8 off Monsters Inc (printable/B&M use only). You need an account at Disney Movie Rewards (free signup). Once logged in to your account, click "My Account" at the top of the page and then type 786936164886 where it says "Enter Code." This is a manufacturer's coupon and you should be able to use it at any B&M store.

$10 off Up (printable/B&M use only).

Amazon
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together. Discount is automatically applied when both items are added to your cart.

Target
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together (printable/B&M use only). Click this link and go to page 3 - it'll be the third coupon there.

DEALS (ranked in terms of lowest price before sales tax)

#1 - Target
-Pricematch the Best Buy ad price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($23.99 + $18.99 = $42.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($42.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $14.98

#2 - Best Buy
-Pricematch the bestbuy.com price for Up, pay the BB special price for Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $18.99 = $38.95)
-Apply the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($38.98 - $8 -$10)
-Total = $20.98

#3 - Target
-Pay the regular Target price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($26.99 + $26.99 = $53.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($53.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $25.98

#4 - Amazon
-Pay the regular Amazon price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $22.99 = $42.98)
-The Amazon coupon will automatically be applied
-($42.98 - $10)
Total = $32.98

NOTES

-Any deal that includes price-matching is obviously YMMV. Depending on what store you go to they might be prickly about a deal that involves both coupons AND pricematching. I know that the Target I shop at will allow me to do deal #1, but other people will have various success. IT'S UP TO YOU to decide whether it's worth venturing out to your local Target/Best Buy to see if you can successfully get deals 1-2, or whether you don't mind spending extra money for the convenience of Amazon.

-If you do deal #1, you will need a physical copy of the weekly ad from Best Buy showing that store's prices in order to pricematch. These ads can probably be found in your Sunday newspaper.

-I did not include any Amazon deals that involve the "Snow White Thanks" promo as that is exclusive to a select few people.

-I did not include any deals at Wal-Mart as their B&M prices for Up and Monsters Inc are still unknown.

-I did not include any deals from Toys R Us because, well, they don't have any good deals. This thread is about the best out of pocket prices.

-I did not include any deals with a $10 Disney manufacturer's coupon for Up because it is still unknown whether that coupon actually exists.

-YES, TARGET DOES PRICEMATCH

ADDITIONAL REBATES

-$4 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Ronzoni products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Kernel products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Birds Eye products.

-$10 OFF at Amazon when you purchase Up and a second qualifying Blu-Ray.

If you know of any more, please post them here so I can add them.

If you see any errors or have anything else to add, please feel free to let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mugen Power']Did they have to manually enter the -$8 off MI coupon for you? When the cashier scanned my coupon, it popped on the screen that a coupon was already applied for that item (the -$10 sticky one).[/QUOTE]

Yes it did.

You CANNOT use the Target Combo coupon, $10 Up, $8 MI and $10 Combo peelie when buying ONLY Up and MI.

YOU NEED TO HAVE MORE THAN 2 ITEMS TO USE THE THREE COUPONS TOGETHER!!!

Target's POS does not allow the # of manufacturer's coupons to be greater than the number of items sold.

If you want to use the 3 coupons from Disney together, buy something else along side Up and MI.

[quote name='manthing']Yes it did.

You CANNOT use the Target Combo coupon, $10 Up, $8 MI and $10 Combo peelie when buying ONLY Up and MI.

YOU NEED TO HAVE MORE THAN 2 ITEMS TO USE THE THREE COUPONS TOGETHER!!!

Target's POS does not allow the # of manufacturer's coupons to be greater than the number of items sold.

If you want to use the 3 coupons from Disney together, buy something else along side Up and MI.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's pretty stupid. I must've missed that stipulation in this huge thread. I would've just bought a pack of gum or something. Oh well.

Amazon gave me back the extra $5 bundle savings, but rejected me on the $10 Up coupon.

I just picked up the pair at Target for $13-ish after tax last night, so I'll just reject delivery of my Amazon shipment.

Amazon is being real pricks with me about this.
It seems so wasteful for all involved to place another order and send the previous one back.
And whats the deal with some people getting money back but not everyone? Freakin' odd as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vader582']Amazon is being real pricks with me about this.
It seems so wasteful for all involved to place another order and send the previous one back.
And whats the deal with some people getting money back but not everyone? Freakin' odd as hell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going to do one last attempt to get some money back (it's really not fair that they're being so totally up and down about applying the coupons) and mention how I'm going to stop pre-ordering anything (which is totally true) since I've learned that better deals might be had B&M and there's no reason to lock myself in to Amazon so early... we'll see if that gets me anywhere.

Looking back on my receipt I think my cashier scanned the MI coupon twice rather than hitting it and the $10 Up coupon.

oh well, not gonna bitch about $2.

[quote name='Justin42']Yeah, I'm going to do one last attempt to get some money back (it's really not fair that they're being so totally up and down about applying the coupons) and mention how I'm going to stop pre-ordering anything (which is totally true) since I've learned that better deals might be had B&M and there's no reason to lock myself in to Amazon so early... we'll see if that gets me anywhere.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. I hope it works for you. It didn't for me. The only preordered :br: I have left with them is ST:TOS Season 3 and if BB has the same price ($52.99), I'll be getting it from there or Walmart.

When I asked to speak with a supervisor, this last call I was told that they were all busy...:roll::bomb:

[quote name='dafunkk12']Amazon gave me back the extra $5 bundle savings, but rejected me on the $10 Up coupon.

I just picked up the pair at Target for $13-ish after tax last night, so I'll just reject delivery of my Amazon shipment.[/QUOTE]

What option did you pick under the email portion of Amazon? I got rejected on the $5 last night and that's fucking bullshit to do that the day after.

SUCCESS!!!! But that's after 4 emails and one phone call. It doesn't hurt to try. My first order is on its way and I'm thinking of refusing it and sending it back. I was denied the discount 4 times!!! So I reordered Up and Monster's Inc. again and this time its even cheaper ($15 off with UPBLURAY code) and Monster's Inc. is a dollar cheaper. Then, I emailed them again before it gets shipped. The same email I sent the first time and I got this reopsnse:

Hello,

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding about the promotion.

I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of item we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion.

The restrictions for this promotion are on our website here:

http://www.amazon.com/promos/

Restrictions for promotional offers vary, so I recommend reading the "fine print" details.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. If you have any further questions about this offer, you may wish to contact the manufacturer directly. You should be able to find contact information on their website.

In appreciation of your valuable business with Amazon.com, I've reduced the order cost by $18 and you'll be charged $12.95 for this order. You can always check the status of your order in Your Account. Here's a direct link to the order details: (etc. etc.)

I'm going to rest now. No more trips to targets and bestbuys. I'm happy.

I'm also on my 4th email with amazon. Two rejections, one no reply which is a bit odd. Requested to apply $10 discount on Up after mentioning it that it's

Finally, found a MI and got Target to pricematch BB. No peelie sticker, but still got them both for @ $13. Awesome deal!

Even after hitting 3 Targets over the past 2 days, I could not for the life of me find a copy of MI even though they show 'limited availability' online instead of being 'out of stock'. I just used the $10 off Up and got it for $10. Got a raincheck for MI even though it's going to do nothing for me. Can only hope they run a sale between now and when the $8 MI coupon expires and pick it up then. I wonder if I can get them to honor the Target $10 coupon if that happens since I did buy Up and it's no fault of mine they understocked MI.

I still wonder if Target is simply not putting out their stock of MI out on the floor just so they don't have to pricematch Bestbuy and, lo' and behold, Sunday rolls around and you see a bunch of them on the shelves.

Finally got in on the deal today... Target had one MI left with the peelie coupon... Wanted to price match best buy as well but person at the register said I would have to purchase then get a price adjust at customer service. When I look at my receipt after the sale it said Monsters 16.99-8. So i said screw it.... must have rung up with one of the $10 coupons already... price after taxes 13.09. Might have been around $5 dollars if they would have priced match at the register.

Many of the Targets are only stocking max 3-4 copies of MI at their store.

This is bad and probably intentional since they don't want to recall the web coupon that they have issued early to discourage discounted sales.
I'm suspecting they're holding new shipment of MI until their web coupon expire.

I think I have everyone beat on the best deal for this bundle. XD

I bought two copies from Target of each item (was getting one set to use as Christmas gifts and one set for myself). The total before coupons was 100.13, or something. I used my team member discount, a 5 off 75 dollar purchase or more, and all the other coupons, bringing my total down to ~29.xx. Then I went to price match, but was denied, so I decided to just return the other set since that was going to be more than I wanted to spend. I walk up to Guest Services, present my coupon, and the two items and the guy scans them all and then says "Ok, so 34. 96 is going back on your card."

I looked at him and was like "That's more than I spent on all four items..." and then he was like "Yeah, I noticed that, but it's too much of a hassle to go through and bypass all the prompts just to modify the prices. The computer knows what it wants to do." so I just shrugged, said thank you, and just walked away.

So I got paid 6 dollars to leave the store with both Up and Monsters, inc. bluray combo packs. Needless to say, I was pleased.

Was able to get the last copy of Monsters Inc which had the coupon on the cover and Up at my local Target. At first the cashier ringing me and my wife up denied us using both the $10 off target coupon and the $8 and $10 disney mr coupons so she scanned the target one and said I couldn't use the other ones. I replied if thats so just use the $10 and $8 off the seperate items and give me the $10 one back as I'd rather save 18 vs 10. So the lady did with a horribly bad attitude and didn't give me the $10 one back so my wife had to go and get it back. At the service desk they scanned my receipt scanned both coupon target $10 and the MI cover one $10 and gave me $20 bucks back so I got both for $8.98.

Haven't had success getting Amazon to apply the manufacturers coupons. Twice they rejected with the canned reply. Those who got them to honor the coupons must be really lucky.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Is there any way to print an additional $8 MI coupon, short of creating an additional account on Disney Rewards?[/QUOTE]
They allow 2 prints per computer. You can 2 more by using another computer and installing the coupon printer on it.

[quote name='eau']They allow 2 prints per computer. You can 2 more by using another computer and installing the coupon printer on it.[/QUOTE]
No, unless the MI coupon has a direct link, the only way you can get to it is from you DR account. When I enter in the MI code, it informs me I've already used that code. So, I either need a direct link like the UP coupon, or set up an additional DR account.

Haha, had a brain fart there, sorry. Was kind of idly browsing while on the phone, saw you needed a coupon that you didn't wanna sign up for and remembered that the Up coupon didn't require that.

I should read better. The MI one I believe does require a Disney Movie account, but I remember that it only took like a minute to sign up for one and then tp type in the MI UPC number for access to the coupon. Might just be faster to create a second account than browse the internet in a futile effort to find one from another location.

[quote name='travOtaku']I think I have everyone beat on the best deal for this bundle. XD

I bought two copies from Target of each item (was getting one set to use as Christmas gifts and one set for myself). The total before coupons was 100.13, or something. I used my team member discount, a 5 off 75 dollar purchase or more, and all the other coupons, bringing my total down to ~29.xx. Then I went to price match, but was denied, so I decided to just return the other set since that was going to be more than I wanted to spend. I walk up to Guest Services, present my coupon, and the two items and the guy scans them all and then says "Ok, so 34. 96 is going back on your card."

I looked at him and was like "That's more than I spent on all four items..." and then he was like "Yeah, I noticed that, but it's too much of a hassle to go through and bypass all the prompts just to modify the prices. The computer knows what it wants to do." so I just shrugged, said thank you, and just walked away.

So I got paid 6 dollars to leave the store with both Up and Monsters, inc. bluray combo packs. Needless to say, I was pleased.[/QUOTE]

for some reason Target's computers do that...i have seen that in the past with other disney movies and the MFR coupon...iI would always end up with $10 more then i paid...nice little bonus if i cant wait for my order from Amazon

I went to all three of the Target stores near my house in suburban Portland, Oregon. The first two had ZERO copies of UP and Monsters Inc. The third store had several copies of UP but no copies of Monsters Inc. Mother of freaking mercy!

So, then I went to Best Buy and tried to PM from Fry's (which also had Up for $19.99... went there yesterday as they also had a $10 off deal, but the regular price for Monsters Inc. was $32.99!!!). The cashier at Best Buy tried a couple times and then said she could either do the PM or the coupons, but not both since there was already the automatic $10 discount.

So, I took it. Total cost after the two coupons and the $10 discount in the BB ad was $24.98. Not awesome, but really, not terrible for new Blu rays. I'd look tomorrow, but I doubt I'll have time.

[quote name='travOtaku']Haha, had a brain fart there, sorry. Was kind of idly browsing while on the phone, saw you needed a coupon that you didn't wanna sign up for and remembered that the Up coupon didn't require that.

I should read better. The MI one I believe does require a Disney Movie account, but I remember that it only took like a minute to sign up for one and then tp type in the MI UPC number for access to the coupon. Might just be faster to create a second account than browse the internet in a futile effort to find one from another location.[/QUOTE]
You're probably right. Guess I'll just create another account. Thx

[quote name='travOtaku']Haha, had a brain fart there, sorry. Was kind of idly browsing while on the phone, saw you needed a coupon that you didn't wanna sign up for and remembered that the Up coupon didn't require that.

I should read better. The MI one I believe does require a Disney Movie account, but I remember that it only took like a minute to sign up for one and then tp type in the MI UPC number for access to the coupon. Might just be faster to create a second account than browse the internet in a futile effort to find one from another location.[/QUOTE]
You're probably right. Guess I'll just create another account. Thx

I was able to get UP and MI at BestBuy today, but the CS rep forgot to pricematch the BestBuy.com price for UP.

First I asked the CS rep if they pricematched their website and she said "Yes" then I said "I'd like to do that" and she said "Okay". Then I showed her the BB ad and asked about getting the $10 off MI and that worked. She didn't know how to apply the MF coupon but got help with it and they went through. I planned on only paying around $5 total since I thought I had $20 in Gift Cards but it turns out I only had $15 so I ended up paying $13.xx. Well I check my receipt after I left and she didn't pricematch the Bestbuy.com price for Up. $13 isn't bad but I used $15 in Gift Cards and I know that if everything works out with the deal at Target I could get both for $15 + tax and keep my $15 in BestBuy Gift Cards if I return the BRs there. I think I might try that tomorrow since I can pay maybe $5 more at Target than I did at BB, but I'd get my $15 in GCs back assuming Target stacks all the deals, but I'm still debating if it's worth the effort. Or do you think I should just go back to BB (it'd be a different location closer to my house) and have them refund me the pricematched money from Up?

[quote name='SlammedNiss']You're probably right. Guess I'll just create another account. Thx[/QUOTE]

I hate to be a wet blanket but another account won't help. It's not Disney's site that's preventing the additional prints. It's actually the coupon printing software. It limits the number of prints you can do in order to limit the liability Disney (and other manufacturers) will owe the retailers. It puts stuff into your registry and from what I've read from very paranoid people, it can even report your computer's processor number to the headquarters a "pseudo-anonymous" way. Some people are afraid the coupon companies want to know everything they're doing. I don't think that's the case and I'm sure there's way too much data for them to do that on every individual that uses it.

Anyway, the point is, you need to reinstall windows to get re-prints and even that may not work. Your best bet is to use another computer to do the prints.

Hey guys, I haven't read through this thread at all, but my Target had the UP bundle for $19.99. It's probably YMMV, since Best Buy was attached to the same strip mall but figured I'd mention it. They were sold out of Monsters, Inc but I was able to get UP for $11 after tax. Thanks for the coupon!

[quote name='Jodou']Hey guys, I haven't read through this thread at all, but my Target had the UP bundle for $19.99. It's probably YMMV, since Best Buy was attached to the same strip mall but figured I'd mention it. They were sold out of Monsters, Inc but I was able to get UP for $11 after tax. Thanks for the coupon![/QUOTE]

Even though it's YMMV, I would say that the vast majority of people have been able to get the Monster's price match. Even without the price match, it should still be slightly cheaper at Target since you can get 28 off with coupons (assuming you don't have the peelie).

Of course, if you can't get Monsters (since your Target is out), the deal is worthless anyway since 3 out of 4 of the coupons have a tie in to that one.

Yeah, I wasn't too worried since I didn't really want Monsters, Inc. Sure it would have only been a couple more bucks, but it wasn't a deal-breaker.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, I wasn't too worried since I didn't really want Monsters, Inc. Sure it would have only been a couple more bucks, but it wasn't a deal-breaker.[/QUOTE]

You could have probably sold it on Ebay for 10-15 in a week or two with no problem at all. I didn't really want Monsters either but my wife likes it a lot. I personally thought Up was a frickin great movie. Monsters..eh..it was alright. Luckily for us the deal was for both though. I see people raving about Cars, that's another one I think was alright but nothing near as good as Up is. My favorite thing about Cars is that it has "Click and Clack" from NPR's Car Talk in it!

Meh, $5-10 flip isn't worth the effort on eBay IMO. Cars was terrible; didn't like it at all. Monsters, Inc had John Goodman and Billy Crystal going for it. . .and that's about it.

[quote name='badlieut']What option did you pick under the email portion of Amazon? I got rejected on the $5 last night and that's fucking bullshit to do that the day after.[/QUOTE]

The one that included something about Promotions.

[quote name='typical guy']Anyway, the point is, you need to reinstall windows to get re-prints and even that may not work. Your best bet is to use another computer to do the prints.[/QUOTE]
I wonder if the mac software can be cleaned out with something like AppDelete. Mac software is generally more sandboxed than Windows software.

Not a happy camper right now. Checked online and all the Targets around me had Monsters Inc in stock. Go to Target #1, no Monsters Inc but tons of Up with journal's for $19.99. Asked if they had any hiding and they say they don't carry that product even though there was a spot with the sale price next to Up. After arguing over the meaning of they don't carry an item and being out of stock i called store #2. Even though online says they have some those are not accurate. But store #3 has 3 copies and store #4 has 4. Go to Store #3, no Monsters Inc, not even a place where it should have been and Up was $26.99. Not worth the time to try to price match it down. On to store #4. This is where i get upset. No Monsters Inc but they had one slot where it was and no sale price. But Up is $19.99 still. so I figure it's still worth $9.99. Go to check out and the coupon doesn't get recognized by their scanner. It's scanning fine but the system is just not accepting it. manager comes over. They will not key in the coupon and will not honor it.

So 4 Targets today and I come away with nothing. And their guest services is closed on weekends. The question now is does my anger build over the next two days when call them back on Monday or does it lessen? I'm guessing the former.

Went to 4 Targets here in Ausin and finally managed to find Monsters Inc in stock. They didn't PM from best buy because it was only 18.99 as a "special deal" with up from Best Buy and they claimed they didn't honor special deals. They took all the other coupons, so all in all I payed 21.70 for both Up and Monsters Inc. Not too bad :D

Seems like hit or miss on this deal. I wonder if the stock on these Blu Rays is depleted due to owners of blu-ray players or people who resell them on ebay?

[quote name='Dante Devil']Seems like hit or miss on this deal. I wonder if the stock on these Blu Rays is depleted due to owners of blu-ray players or people who resell them on ebay?[/QUOTE]

I would say a combination.

I'm sure there are a bunch of folks reselling these on ebay. Most people were picking up both Blu rays for under $10. There are also a bunch of people who purchased these for Holiday gifts.

my best buy sucks. lady wouldnt take my coupons. said the best buy policy is not to accept MF coupons when an item is on sale. I wanted to call bullshit but i dont know the policy.
also says on both coupons not to use in conjunction with other offers so you guys are lucky the cashiers are not reading them.
anyone know if that lady is full of shit?

found a post on BB website.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...2;jsessionid=F8D559CEE723E090437F9A4CD42323EF

i'm calling bullshit. fucking employees

[quote name='PotatoGuy']my best buy sucks. lady wouldnt take my coupons. said the best buy policy is not to accept MF coupons when an item is on sale. I wanted to call bullshit but i dont know the policy.
also says on both coupons not to use in conjunction with other offers so you guys are lucky the cashiers are not reading them.
anyone know if that lady is full of shit?

found a post on BB website.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...2;jsessionid=F8D559CEE723E090437F9A4CD42323EF

i'm calling bullshit. fucking employees[/QUOTE]

this is what the lady at my best buy told me. I told her that it was fine and i'd take any and all further business to target. She wasn't happy with that.

[quote name='PotatoGuy']also says on both coupons not to use in conjunction with other offers so you guys are lucky the cashiers are not reading them.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what coupon you're looking at, but I have both UP and MI coupons in front of me, and it doesn't state that anywhere. The ONLY thing it says is "Limit one coupon per specified item". That means you can use only one coupon for Up, and one coupon for MI.

So I have a question hopefully one of you guys can answer.

I got my copy of Up and Monster's Inc. in the mail today from Amazon, but I want to return Up, as I was able to score a copy for free. If I return it, how will the refund work out, because of the $10 bundle savings?

I got up for $19.99 and Monster's Inc for $14.99 because of the $8 manufacturer's coupon, but I'm not sure if they will give me all $19.99 back for up or if they will only give me $10 in return because of the bundle savings.

[quote name='lolwut?']So I have a question hopefully one of you guys can answer.

I got my copy of Up and Monster's Inc. in the mail today from Amazon, but I want to return Up, as I was able to score a copy for free. If I return it, how will the refund work out, because of the $10 bundle savings?

I got up for $19.99 and Monster's Inc for $14.99 because of the $8 manufacturer's coupon, but I'm not sure if they will give me all $19.99 back for up or if they will only give me $10 in return because of the bundle savings.[/QUOTE]You'll only get $9.99 back because of the bundle savings that they'll deduct from the return prices. They might only deduct $5, though don't count on it.

Anyone else have this problem...

BestBuy took the MF coupons, and tried to pricematch the website for UP....but the system wouldn't allow the pricematch and the UP/MI bundle price. They said their system couldn't do 2 separate discounts...they definitely tried, but it wouldn't go through.

best buy refused to do the two coupons and the already price drop when buying both of them. I argued for a while and they in so many words told me to walk away. so i turned around and made them price match up to 19.99 and used the coupon to make it 10.
bastards. i still dont have monsters. i might just have to do amazon for 20.

bread's done
Back