AC III Limited Edition (X360) 69.99 @ Best Buy

Tried to price match at Target, was told that they don't do online price matching unless it's in the ad.

Upon further review, the guy was correct. They stopped doing online price matching on Dec 16th. What the hell?

I'm thinking of picking up another to resell since I saw a 360 version somewhere and sell the pieces seperately since it seems to get more that way. The statue fetches for $50, the flag and belt can get $50 combined on ebay and I'm sure I could sell the game for $40-50 to someone.

Decisions,decisions....

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Not sure which one BB has, but both Amazon & GS have different covers for this LE. I found the GS one really cool

Amazon Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-f0vgog4MQ
Gamestop Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z2FDUzPtx4

Videos are for PS3 & Xbox 360 version, but I have seen PS3 versions with these different covers. Pretty sure Xbox 360 versions must be same[/QUOTE]

The PS3 LE I picked up from BB has the same cover as the Amazon version.

[quote name='Davivascaino']do you guys know if the game has the "not for resale" bar code?? Thanks[/QUOTE]

My :ps3: version did indeed have a bar code on it.

[quote name='Davivascaino']but dooes it say anything on it? or is it a reglar bar code?[/QUOTE]
It's the same as the retail version, no mention of not for resale.

[quote name='usagi']It's the same as the retail version, no mention of not for resale.[/QUOTE]

You can resell it. I bought it at best buy for 360 opened it up and traded in the gAme for 32 dollars . I have a ps3 but wanted the extras.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']In case anyone hadn't mentioned it, the 360 version appears to be back in stock for online ordering.[/QUOTE]

Not for me. I'd grab it this time, after passing the first time. Don't want to rely on Target now..

I'm really on the fence about trading in my vanilla copy and upgrading to the LE. I might have jumped on this, but after playing the game I'm a little less impressed with Connor and a little soured by the ending.

I'm tempted to drive to get one but maybe I'll rent the game before I make a $74 commitment. Having never played the AC series, the only thing that intrigues me about this is the "open world" element. That, and all my coworkers claim its a really badass game.

saw 1 left on the shelf in Sugar Land, TX...it was spider-wrapped but didn't look too badly damaged

store pick-up there is always god awful

edit: as a side note, i unboxed everything and set up the statue in my room...it's pretty awesome :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='proKoyeon']saw 1 left on the shelf in Sugar Land, TX...it was spider-wrapped but didn't look too badly damaged

store pick-up there is always god awful

edit: as a side note, i unboxed everything and set up the statue in my room...it's pretty awesome :D[/QUOTE]

Figured I'd not miss out. I went and picked up two, my local BB has a gob of em'. Wasnt $69.99, $59.99 for PS/3

[quote name='Meowser']Figured I'd not miss out. I went and picked up two, my local BB has a gob of em'. Wasnt $69.99, $59.99 for PS/3[/QUOTE]

Really? Dang, even more tempting now.

For those looking for a ps3 copy, or if your store does not have a 360 copy, try talking to customer service about getting one ordered to your store. The guy at mine was able to get a ps3 one shipped from the warehouse and it is coming in on Monday. Going to trade in my copy for 32$, and sell off the flag and belt buckle on ebay.

Went in to use my "Mystery value" GC from Best Buy and just happened to spot this CE for the PS3. Grabbed a copy, so I basically grabbed it for what the game launched for $59.99(+tax).

Honestly surprised I found it. I never find these things.

[quote name='bfett9']For those looking for a ps3 copy, or if your store does not have a 360 copy, try talking to customer service about getting one ordered to your store. The guy at mine was able to get a ps3 one shipped from the warehouse and it is coming in on Monday. Going to trade in my copy for 32$, and sell off the flag and belt buckle on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Why all that effort if u trading and selling?

where is everyone seeing this $59.99 price for the ps3 version? And i'm selling the flag because I think its tacky, and I'll never wear the belt buckle, and it looks boring. I only want the statue and journal. I'd rather have got the medallion from the European edition.

tumblr_mcqh7sujLM1qm7ks7o1_r2_500.jpg

[quote name='kylerg']How likely are stores to have one? Everything says unavailable. *shrug* I want it, but I can live..[/QUOTE]

I must live in a non-gamer area...3 local stores have stock. I saw two on my way out the BB on Thurs.

pM'd at best buy today in Charlotte with no issues. I am silver member. No hassle and no questions. 53 dollars and change refunded to my credit card. When I bought the game I used 60 in RZ points and paid the balance with credit care. This needed up being a great deal for me. 119 price, minus 60 in points plus to 20 extra points for preorder and purchase... Taking all the point certificates off made the game 41.99. Then I get 53 back. So basically they paid me 12 ISP bucks to take it from them....a wonderful collectors edition....

All the stores near me GONE!!! It's not online either, so I don't think you will see it cheaper! Due to the simply fact that it's becoming scarce.

And, I still need to find one! :(

I went and got my store pick up 360 copy. Of course there is a sticker holding the ticket on it and when she tries remove the sticker half of it is left on the box as it rips in half. I will try to get it off but I am not sure. A little wear from a spider wrap and a small puncture type dent on the top. Decided to walk the floor since it is a BBY I had never been to. For sure a nice area this store sucked hard. Everything was out of place and the used section had numerous $19.99 value titles mixed in which is just a pain in the ass to sift through. To my surprise I find another 360 LE AC III sitting out. This one is on much better shape and I bought it also. Not sure what I will do yet but I have 60 days to decide.

Edit: I also find it funny the box is not sealed with a clear sticker. Both of these boxes are that way so I am assuming that is the case?

[quote name='cancerman1120']I went and got my store pick up 360 copy. Of course there is a sticker holding the ticket on it and when she tries remove the sticker half of it is left on the box as it rips in half. I will try to get it off but I am not sure. A little wear from a spider wrap and a small puncture type dent on the top. Decided to walk the floor since it is a BBY I had never been to. For sure a nice area this store sucked hard. Everything was out of place and the used section had numerous $19.99 value titles mixed in which is just a pain in the ass to sift through. To my surprise I find another 360 LE AC III sitting out. This one is on much better shape and I bought it also. Not sure what I will do yet but I have 60 days to decide.

Edit: I also find it funny the box is not sealed with a clear sticker. Both of these boxes are that way so I am assuming that is the case?[/QUOTE]

I purchased 2 LEs. Neither one had a seal. One was purchased from Amazon & the other was purchased from BBY.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I purchased 2 LEs. Neither one had a seal. One was purchased from Amazon & the other was purchased from BBY.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool. I was a little worried about open boxes and what not.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I went and got my store pick up 360 copy. Of course there is a sticker holding the ticket on it and when she tries remove the sticker half of it is left on the box as it rips in half. I will try to get it off but I am not sure. A little wear from a spider wrap and a small puncture type dent on the top. Decided to walk the floor since it is a BBY I had never been to. For sure a nice area this store sucked hard. Everything was out of place and the used section had numerous $19.99 value titles mixed in which is just a pain in the ass to sift through. To my surprise I find another 360 LE AC III sitting out. This one is on much better shape and I bought it also. Not sure what I will do yet but I have 60 days to decide.

Edit: I also find it funny the box is not sealed with a clear sticker. Both of these boxes are that way so I am assuming that is the case?[/QUOTE]

I have a same puncture type dent.

Is this only the case with Xbox 360 or BB versions? PS3 versions have a clear seal on the box.
GS version has it directly on the box( & not slipcover) while Amazon version goes from slipcover to the box.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I purchased 2 LEs. Neither one had a seal. One was purchased from Amazon & the other was purchased from BBY.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Is this only the case with Xbox 360 or BB versions? PS3 versions have a clear seal on the box.
GS version has it directly on the box( & not slipcover) while Amazon version goes from slipcover to the box.[/QUOTE]

Neither of mine from BBY had a clear seal on the box or the slipcover to the box. I am not sure if there is anything inside the box that is sealed up though.

Use a hair dryer to heat the stickers adhesive and it should peel right off. Patience with this as you dont want to damage the box.

[quote name='MrBoss']Use a hair dryer to heat the stickers adhesive and it should peel right off. Patience with this as you dont want to damage the box.[/QUOTE]

Hey Thanks. I will give that a try.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Neither of mine from BBY had a clear seal on the box or the slipcover to the box. I am not sure if there is anything inside the box that is sealed up though.[/QUOTE]

Mine had a circle seal on the box, not slipcover. It might actually be because my copy was a return copy and they sealed it up. It had a "Best Buy Inspected" sticker on it, so they might have sealed it for me. It had everything, so whatever.

Is the online availability tracking on BestBuy.com usually accurate for limited editions like that? It says all of the stores in the Portland area are out.

I still need to use my spend $100 at Best Buy, get a $50 credit through the Halo AMEX offer so I might pick this up if I can find it.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Anyone try to PM this at target or any other retailers yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I posted about PM at Target failing. They do not price match online anymore. It must be in the physical ad.

[quote name='HydroX']Yes, I posted about PM at Target failing. They do not price match online anymore. It must be in the physical ad.[/QUOTE]
Thanks buddy, save me some gas money there.

[quote name='daemissary']Is the online availability tracking on BestBuy.com usually accurate for limited editions like that? It says all of the stores in the Portland area are out.

I still need to use my spend $100 at Best Buy, get a $50 credit through the Halo AMEX offer so I might pick this up if I can find it.[/QUOTE]

If there are only 1 or 2 items in stock, BB's website will show it as unavailable. Your best bet is to either go in the store and check, or call and have the employee put it on hold for you.

If you guys aren't finding them on the website or at your local store try asking customer service if they have them in their warehouse. Like I said in my previous post they were able to locate one and ship it to me.

[quote name='bfett9']If you guys aren't finding them on the website or at your local store try asking customer service if they have them in their warehouse. Like I said in my previous post they were able to locate one and ship it to me.[/QUOTE]

I asked at my store earlier today. They said they don't have any in the warehouse for either console.

I picked up the one I ordered at Best Buy today. Then thought I'd go over to Target to see if they'd price match it for me. The lady at customer service had to check with a manager but they let me buy one for the same price by showing them my Best Buy receipt :)

bread's done
Back