AC III Limited Edition (X360) 69.99 @ Best Buy

[quote name='slowdive21']Some guy walked in and bought the 3 ps3 copies at my store. I saw you ese. You will never find anything in this town again.[/QUOTE]

ese?

CALM IT DOWN there PILGRIM, ain't the whole point of this thread to spread the knowledge so we can buy these ALL UP?

And it was 4 not 3... 1 for me, 2 for my brothers, 1 each x2, 1 for my cousin in the Chi..

THiS is gonna be the BEST xmas EVER!!!

oNe

p.s. n Yo, I left AnOTHER 4 on the shelf, so plenty of op's for others..

We talking PS3 here and they were ALL in PERFECT condition, EXCEPT for the spider wrapped one.. and all ARE STILL SEALED, 2 clear circle stickers on the left and right top of box..

HAPPY HUNTING!

[quote name='Sean Price']ese?

CALM IT DOWN there PILGRIM, ain't the whole point of this thread to spread the knowledge so we can buy these ALL UP?

And it was 4 not 3... 1 for me, 2 for my brothers, 1 each x2, 1 for my cousin in the Chi..

THiS is gonna be the BEST xmas EVER!!!

oNe

p.s. n Yo, I left AnOTHER 4 on the shelf, so plenty of op's for others..

We talking PS3 here and they were ALL in PERFECT condition, EXCEPT for the spider wrapped one.. and all ARE STILL SEALED, 2 clear circle stickers on the left and right top of box..

HAPPY HUNTING![/QUOTE]

Thanks for outing yourself, but you must not have been the guy I saw. The store had 3 ps3 and 1 xbox and the guy bought 3 ps3 to wipe the store out. He was wearing a white coat. I'll snap a pic next time. :lol:

[quote name='Sean Price']ese?

HAPPY HUNTING![/QUOTE]

This is pretty frustrating. Are these things supposed to be sealed or not?

[quote name='cancerman1120']This is pretty frustrating. Are these things supposed to be sealed or not?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the box is sealed, but the acetate outer sleeve is not sealed to the box. So the slipcase is loose, but I believe the box is sealed. I am going from memory though.

[quote name='slowdive21']I'm pretty sure the box is sealed, but the acetate outer sleeve is not sealed to the box. So the slipcase is loose, but I believe the box is sealed. I am going from memory though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems that we are getting some who are saying they have sealed boxes and some saying they are not. The 2 360 copies I got were both unsealed. I will most likely open one anyway but the other might stay on a shelf so it would be good to know if there is really a seal otherwise I might just return it.

Got the last 360 copy in OKC... I assume. Couldn't find them at a few best buys in the area, before finally giving up and reserving the last one for store pickup.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah it seems that we are getting some who are saying they have sealed boxes and some saying they are not. The 2 360 copies I got were both unsealed. I will most likely open one anyway but the other might stay on a shelf so it would be good to know if there is really a seal otherwise I might just return it.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 LE I got wasn't sealed. The gaming rep got it from the back since I didn't want the one on display and wrapped in the spider wire - this one was also unsealed). Also saw a lone 360 on display and, yep, you guessed it - unsealed.

[quote name='tubtub']The one I got has two stickers sealing the box on each side. The acetate sleeve is not stickered at all to the box.[/QUOTE]

OMG...I just looked at my boxes again and sure enough there are 2 clear stickers on the sides. The sticker is NOT over the front flap where I thought it would be and was looking. Anyway, people might want to check there.

Also, sorry for all the posts about this. I feel pretty stupid since I do have sealed boxes and I have been ranting about them not being sealed.

Does the Limited Edition at Best Buy include bonus DLC? I know the LE ordinarily doesn't at other stores, but on the item page it shows a picture of a ship and a club, but I can't enlarge it to see what it says. So anyone who has bought it from BB, did it have a bonus code inside?

[quote name='dinovelvet']Does the Limited Edition at Best Buy include bonus DLC? I know the LE ordinarily doesn't at other stores, but on the item page it shows a picture of a ship and a club, but I can't enlarge it to see what it says. So anyone who has bought it from BB, did it have a bonus code inside?[/QUOTE]
No bonus codes, it just comes with the same sold on the shelf retail sealed version. The pictures you see are DLC for pre-ordering the game from Best Buy.

The Connor statue included with the Limited Edition is one of the best!

highly detailed and extremely well sculpted
excellently painted
well posed; very similar to the Alex Ross painting [seen on the steelbook]
full arsenal of weapons
mounted to a 'rock' environment set piece
flanked by a patriotic colonial flag

this is a very collectible piece.

the other items included were very nice as well: actual flag with assassin's crest, belt buckle, and journal hidden with secret pages. ;)

I just picked up the last PS3 in my area. This one has the seals yet I saw a 360 copy at the same bestbuy I purchased the PS3 version from with no seals.

Seventy dollars is a pretty good price for this imo. I paid full retail for mine on launch day and haven't regretted it whatsoever. Great game, great collector's edition.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']The statue is honestly the best statue ive seen for LE on consoles. Very well done.[/QUOTE]

Halo REACH statue, your argument is invalid.

Wow. I bought one that I saw for X360 and when I get home, I realize the sticker has been broken. I hoped that it didn't mean anything was missing, but once I open it, the statue is upside down. Bad sign. It was missing the game itself. I called them and asked them what to do about it, and fortunately, they'll give me a new copy of the game, but jeez, the gaming department there was abandoned. I wouldn't be surprised if someone went in there, opened the box, and just snagged the game...maybe it was a return fraud case. I just have to drive up 20 min to get there. Ugh.

Also, it was really strange how many consoles they had...they just had stacks of WiiU and Xbox360s all over the place...

Manage to pick up a sealed PS3 copy in the second store I visited as it was still in the back. I had the first store do an inventory check around my location. It weird how these are left out in the open for anyone to tinker around and grab stuff.

Bought one on the 21st, took like 2 weeks to get here regular shipping (stupid holiday mail)

By that time, realized it wasnt needed and returned it.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']So prices are still steady at $70 for 360 and $60 for PS3?[/QUOTE]Well, it was $70 for :ps3: when I bought mine on 12/23. Did it drop an additional $10?

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']So prices are still steady at $70 for 360 and $60 for PS3?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']Well, it was $70 for :ps3: when I bought mine on 12/23. Did it drop an additional $10?[/QUOTE]

I saw one at my store with a tag for $69.99. The website also lists it as $69.99 but I think someone listed they got it for $59.99. Not sure how though.

I remembered some mentioned the $60 price. I haven't seen a PS3 version in a while so it's kind of mute any way. Found a 360 copy and was hoping that it went down some more :)

[quote name='coopscohen']I saw one at my store with a tag for $69.99. The website also lists it as $69.99 but I think someone listed they got it for $59.99. Not sure how though.[/QUOTE]Maybe they used a $10 RZ certificate?

[quote name='Meowser']Figured I'd not miss out. I went and picked up two, my local BB has a gob of em'. Wasnt $69.99, $59.99 for PS/3[/QUOTE]

^^ Sounds like it rang up that way which is weird.

[quote name='coopscohen']^^ Sounds like it rang up that way which is weird.[/QUOTE]That's weird. It was definitely $69.99 when I bought it on 12/23. :whistle2:k

As their local BB had "a gob of em'" which I assume means had a ton according to the OP who got it for $60 the manager may of discounted it even more.

[quote name='Vigilante']That's weird. It was definitely $69.99 when I bought it on 12/23. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I snagged one at the Beaumont BB for 69.99 so i think the 59.99 price is regional

Just bought one over at mcallen tx best buy, guy said that they just received one he didnt know why the warehouse sent it and they also revived alot of the steal case preorder things but were selling them for $5 bucks

So if anyone hasn't found one u might want to double check, and ask if they have any in the back, the one I bought had just arrived and was in the back.

[quote name='bfett9']If you guys aren't finding them on the website or at your local store try asking customer service if they have them in their warehouse. Like I said in my previous post they were able to locate one and ship it to me.[/QUOTE]

Try this.

bread's done
Back