Afrika (Hakuna Matata) and Aquanaut's Holiday English/Korean 29.90 ea. at Play-Asia

cochesecochese

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not really sure if this is all that exciting a deal but for those of you looking for some relaxing PS3 games it just might be. These are English (Engrish?) version. Play-Asia has a good deal for these games if anyone is looking for them. As far as I know, Aquanaut's Holiday supports trophies but Hakuna Matata does not. You may encounter Japanese text in the online (photo sharing) mode.

Aquanaut's Holiday
Hakuna Matata - 29.90

Be sure and hit up the Play-Asia Coupon Thread for further discounts.

I searched but didn't find anything. Mods please close/lock/merge if this is duped anywhere else. Thanks for looking.

*UPDATE*

Both of these games are now available at NCSX for a comparable price. These are the Korean-English versions as well.

Aquanaut's Holiday - 30.90
Hakuna Matata - 30.90

Both of the NCSX deals were found by Fatbot3 so all credit goes to him. Be sure and say thanks to Fatbot3 for the new deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so pissed I missed Afrika. I went to lunch and came back to order it and it was OoS. I ordered Aquanaut's Holiday and hope that Afrika is restocked. :|

I pondered on both last night, and luckily I pounced on both, and got a $5 off coupon. :) Took the cheap shipping though, so it's gonna be awhile. :(

Nooo! I missed out on both. I was reading the thread thinking at least I could get Aquanaut's Holiday (no one said it was OOS) and then I check and they are BOTH out of stock/out of print. And I recently won a $50 giftcard from them too.

They are both back in stock since my last post. Only $16 after shipping with my $50 giftcard. Hopefully they are actually back in stock and its not just a glitch.

[quote name='tyrok3k']They are both back in stock since my last post. Only $16 after shipping with my $50 giftcard. Hopefully they are actually back in stock and its not just a glitch.[/quote]

Thanks for updating us, I pulled the trigger. I really hope the translation is solid. :bouncy:

I just bought hakuna, really should not have due to my debt, oh well...hopefully its the better of the two. I prefer a land setting MUCH more than the ocean, so i am sure its my kind of game.

Anyone know how fast playasia ships? I ordered the most expensive shipping because I am leaving college by thursday, so I needed to get it shipped here rather than my home home.

I ordered Aquanaut's Holiday yesterday and saw Hakuna Matata OOS.

Thanks for the heads-up campbelld. I placed an order for Hakuna Matata/Afrika.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']I just bought hakuna, really should not have due to my debt, oh well...hopefully its the better of the two. I prefer a land setting MUCH more than the ocean, so i am sure its my kind of game.

Anyone know how fast playasia ships? I ordered the most expensive shipping because I am leaving college by thursday, so I needed to get it shipped here rather than my home home.[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered the cheaper option, so should I plan for the full 10 day turnaround or should I hope for 5 day?

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Aquanaut's Holiday is very tempting. Endless Ocean is the only game that makes me want to buy a Wii and this seems similar.[/quote]

Endless Ocean sucks... Boring as hell, the fish don't even look that good.

Just a question:

The Chinese/English version was $29.90 before or it was always $50? It shows back ordered as of now... Not that it makes a difference, but i rather have Chinese than Korean (more Chinese friend than Korean, and the Korean friends don't even read Korean).

I am trying to see if there is any difference between korean and chinese versions of hakuna/afrika but seem to find that the only difference is the two language differences (korean vs chinese).

Is this true?

And if so, why is the chinese version much more expensive?

THanks guys.

If Demon's Souls is anything to go by, I think the Chinese version may have an English insert with some quick instructions whereas the Korean version has none.

Other than that and the different languages, it's basically the same game.

Thanks for the post about them being back in stock, just picked up Hakuna Matata to go with my already shipped Aquanauts from yesterday (sigh about double dip on shipping)... had to use Paypal, hopefully they really do just get it back in stock and ship it so I don't have to worry about what happens if they cancel the order. :p

so hakuna is NOT in english? or is it?

This is hard to figure out, I have found sources that say it is, and than some that say it isn't.

My order is preparing now (WED), and I got the fastest delivery, 1-4 days. What are the chances of getting my order by thursday?

Crap, tried to make a purchase on my phone (can't access the site on this computer) but I'm having issues with sending the payment via Paypal. Hope my order doesn't get cancelled or something before I get home to complete it.

::edit::
When you say you'll make a payment by Paypal, should clicking the link take you straight to a Paypal page with all their info filled in, or are you supposed to do that part manually?

[quote name='Monroeski']

::edit::
When you say you'll make a payment by Paypal, should clicking the link take you straight to a Paypal page with all their info filled in, or are you supposed to do that part manually?[/quote]

There should be an option on the right side of the screen to log in to Paypal with your email and PP password

[quote name='manthing']There should be an option on the right side of the screen to log in to Paypal with your email and PP password[/quote]
I'll have to look for it when I get home, then, since it's either not there on my phone or the screen formatting is throwing it off into some random corner where I can't find it.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']so hakuna is NOT in english? or is it?

This is hard to figure out, I have found sources that say it is, and than some that say it isn't.

My order is preparing now (WED), and I got the fastest delivery, 1-4 days. What are the chances of getting my order by thursday?[/QUOTE]

It's both in Korean and in English.

Like I said, it is the same as the Chinese edition, except it most likely doesn't come with an English instruction insert like that version does.

I have a copy of Demon's Souls (Chinese Edition) and it is also in English, both in text and voice-overs.

[quote name='UlysisAM']It's both in Korean and in English.

Like I said, it is the same as the Chinese edition, except it most likely doesn't come with an English instruction insert like that version does.

I have a copy of Demon's Souls (Chinese Edition) and it is also in English, both in text and voice-overs.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is the same as the Chinese edition which means that although the major menus are in English, there are still Japanese subtitles and trophies regardless of whether you set your system to English menus or not. Aquanauts on the other hand is 100% English as long as your system is set to English. Of the two, Aquanaut's is the one that is actually more of a game in that there are objectives and a story so to speak. Hakuna/Afrika is just a safari and other than collecting pictures and occasionally getting attacked by the animals and blacking out, there is no real story or progression.

[quote name='au7oma7ic']I am trying to see if there is any difference between korean and chinese versions of hakuna/afrika but seem to find that the only difference is the two language differences (korean vs chinese).

Is this true?

And if so, why is the chinese version much more expensive?

THanks guys.[/QUOTE]

Because the Chinese-English version is still in demand in Hong Kong and other parts of Asia where the population speaks Chinese and it also went on sale more recently than the Korean-English version. It also has an additional instruction insert.

thanks bojay1997... just out of curiosity, i know the $30 AH is labeled Korean/English, but does it have Chinese subtitle anyway? The item description says it does... i know i know, it's confusing. It's not a biggie, but more subs don't hurt (like i've said, i got a lot of Chinese friends).

[quote name='Serpentor']thanks bojay1997... just out of curiosity, i know the $30 AH is labeled Korean/English, but does it have Chinese subtitle anyway? The item description says it does... i know i know, it's confusing. It's not a biggie, but more subs don't hurt (like i've said, i got a lot of Chinese friends).[/QUOTE]

I don't have the Korean-English version, but based on past experience, the Korean version of games typically are pan-Asian versions which means they will indeed have Chinese and Japanese options as well. The down side is that they usually do not provide manuals in those languages which is why the Chinese English version is still more expensive.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't have the Korean-English version, but based on past experience, the Korean version of games typically are pan-Asian versions which means they will indeed have Chinese and Japanese options as well. The down side is that they usually do not provide manuals in those languages which is why the Chinese English version is still more expensive.[/quote]

yes, that's what i thought as well... i don't need a readable manual anyway. Thanks man, your info is a great help. $30 is $30, if there are more to it, why not? I probably gonna order the AH at the end of the day.

Hakuna Matata came back in stock, so I got both. It looks like I can Ebay them and get all my money back if I don't like them. I wish Gamefly carried these.

So to be sure, The game is 100% English? As in menus, subtitles? Just no English in the manual right?
Sorry but I got confused the Chinese/ Korean versions.

Thanks

[quote name='orale2001']So to be sure, The game is 100% English? As in menus, subtitles? Just no English in the manual right?
Sorry but I got confused the Chinese/ Korean versions.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Aquanauts is 100% English in-game whether you buy the Chinese/English or the Korean/English version, however, the manual is not English. Hakuna Matada/Afrika is mostly English, however, the trophies, some menus and the subtitles which can't be shut off as far as I can tell are in Japanese in both the Chinese/English and Korean/English versions. The Korean/English versions do not have English in the manuals while the Chinese/English versions do.

[quote name='bojay1997']Aquanauts is 100% English in-game whether you buy the Chinese/English or the Korean/English version, however, the manual is not English. Hakuna Matada/Afrika is mostly English, however, the trophies, some menus and the subtitles which can't be shut off as far as I can tell are in Japanese in both the Chinese/English and Korean/English versions. The Korean/English versions do not have English in the manuals while the Chinese/English versions do.[/QUOTE]

Excellent info, thanks! Are you sure Afrika has some Japanese in-game and not Korean? Also, I thought it didn't have trophies.

Now the question is whether the US release of Afrika will be gimped by National Geographic since it inevitably will reach $20 at some point. I'm interested in Aquanaut's Holiday, but I need to buy both to hit $50. Tempted, but not pushed over the edge yet.

Ah what the hell, I bit on both. The going OOS the first time threatened me enough into buying them. You win Play Asia!

Not big on Aquanauts, but I can always sell it for cost if I don't like it

[quote name='Gamelore']Excellent info, thanks! Are you sure Afrika has some Japanese in-game and not Korean? Also, I thought it didn't have trophies.

Now the question is whether the US release of Afrika will be gimped by National Geographic since it inevitably will reach $20 at some point. I'm interested in Aquanaut's Holiday, but I need to buy both to hit $50. Tempted, but not pushed over the edge yet.[/QUOTE]

Yes, even the Chinese version has Japanese titles. I'm not sure why. Maybe there is a way to shut them off, but I've never found it. You're right, it doesn't have "trophies" in the Sony sense of the word, the trophies are your collection of pictures which again have Japanese titles on them for some reason. I also think it is very unlikely that the National Geographic version is still coming out. They have taken it off their release schedule and it already missed the supposed December 2008 release.

Thanks! I just ordered both. Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but I actually got $2 off by ordering both. My receipt shows that Hakuna was $27.90. So that, plus a $5 coupon makes for a great deal!!

[quote name='bojay1997']Aquanauts is 100% English in-game whether you buy the Chinese/English or the Korean/English version, however, the manual is not English. Hakuna Matada/Afrika is mostly English, however, the trophies, some menus and the subtitles which can't be shut off as far as I can tell are in Japanese in both the Chinese/English and Korean/English versions. The Korean/English versions do not have English in the manuals while the Chinese/English versions do.[/quote]

So afrika does have trophies? Everywhere I've read says it doesn't.

[quote name='brighenne']So afrika does have trophies? Everywhere I've read says it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't have trophies in the new Sony PS3 sense. It has "trophies" which are basically a gallery of your best photos. For some reason, these have Japanese text subtitles in the English-Chinese version I own. Maybe it's just a setting on my PS3 or maybe it's specific to the Chinese English version. I am curious to hear what everyone else experiences when they get their copies of the Korean version.

[quote name='Fodder']Thanks! I just ordered both. Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere in the thread, but I actually got $2 off by ordering both. My receipt shows that Hakuna was $27.90. So that, plus a $5 coupon makes for a great deal!![/quote]

Same here; Hakuna Matata rang up at $27.90. Unfortunately I couldn't get a $5 off $50 code :(

[quote name='bojay1997']Aquanauts is 100% English in-game whether you buy the Chinese/English or the Korean/English version, however, the manual is not English. Hakuna Matada/Afrika is mostly English, however, the trophies, some menus and the subtitles which can't be shut off as far as I can tell are in Japanese in both the Chinese/English and Korean/English versions. The Korean/English versions do not have English in the manuals while the Chinese/English versions do.[/quote]
Thanks for the clarification!

[quote name='bojay1997']Aquanauts is 100% English in-game whether you buy the Chinese/English or the Korean/English version, however, the manual is not English. Hakuna Matada/Afrika is mostly English, however, the trophies, some menus and the subtitles which can't be shut off as far as I can tell are in Japanese in both the Chinese/English and Korean/English versions. The Korean/English versions do not have English in the manuals while the Chinese/English versions do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. I bit anyways. I rarely need to have the manual, even if it's in English. If worse come to worst, I'll buy the official Chinese/English instructions of Afrika and Aquanauts Holiday on ebay at a future date. Thanks.

bread's done
Back