Afrika (Hakuna Matata) and Aquanaut's Holiday English/Korean 29.90 ea. at Play-Asia

cochesecochese

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Not really sure if this is all that exciting a deal but for those of you looking for some relaxing PS3 games it just might be. These are English (Engrish?) version. Play-Asia has a good deal for these games if anyone is looking for them. As far as I know, Aquanaut's Holiday supports trophies but Hakuna Matata does not. You may encounter Japanese text in the online (photo sharing) mode.

Aquanaut's Holiday
Hakuna Matata - 29.90

Be sure and hit up the Play-Asia Coupon Thread for further discounts.

I searched but didn't find anything. Mods please close/lock/merge if this is duped anywhere else. Thanks for looking.

*UPDATE*

Both of these games are now available at NCSX for a comparable price. These are the Korean-English versions as well.

Aquanaut's Holiday - 30.90
Hakuna Matata - 30.90

Both of the NCSX deals were found by Fatbot3 so all credit goes to him. Be sure and say thanks to Fatbot3 for the new deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cmosfm']fuck it, I hate play-asia but I really want Aquanaut's Holiday, so I'm sold. :([/QUOTE]

Wow, who could hate Play-Asia? I love that site!

I just bit on Afrika, but I haven't importated any PS3 games before. Does anybody know if updates and online will work using US PSN?

I may order these if they're still in stock when I get paid. Always wanted to play Aquanauts Holiday.

Prat, the only issue with importing is that DLC has to be purchased from the original region's online store. I don't think these games have DLC though, do they?

[quote name='pacifickarma']Wow, who could hate Play-Asia? I love that site![/QUOTE]

They mixed my order up with someone elses, wanted me to return it and they'd refund me that cost via store credit, and then they said they'd send my order out, but everything I wanted was out of stock...was a horrible horrible ordeal and they were not as helpful as they could have been to get me what I actually ordered.

is aquanaunts like the Wii's (not-)Endless Ocean but with better gfx? what is so compelling about Aquanauts that folks here want to buy it?

[quote name='basis']is aquanaunts like the Wii's (not-)Endless Ocean but with better gfx? what is so compelling about Aquanauts that folks here want to buy it?[/QUOTE]

It actually has a storyline and the ability to purchase new equipment to further your explorations and progress in the story mode. Ultimately, it is just a prettier Endless Ocean, but I think the quality of the graphics and additional gameplay features make it a worthwhile buy.

[quote name='phragit']I just bit on Afrika, but I haven't importated any PS3 games before. Does anybody know if updates and online will work using US PSN?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='bojay1997']It actually has a storyline and the ability to purchase new equipment to further your explorations and progress in the story mode. Ultimately, it is just a prettier Endless Ocean, but I think the quality of the graphics and additional gameplay features make it a worthwhile buy.[/quote]
thx for the quick response! hmm will have to think about it.

I ordered both the other day and they shipped out this morning. Yea!

I really wanted to like Endless Ocean, but the graphics killed it for me. Most games I could care less, but in trying to create a realistic lifelike environment, it just didn't cut it for me. So I'm really looking forward to Aquanaut's.

Does any one know how the English translation is in both games? Is it the broken Engrish or is it actually English. There's nothing worse then sitting down to play an English game and not being able to understand it.

I've seen screenshots of Aquanaut's Holiday and there's Descriptions of the fish in the game but they're in another language. Are both these games in 100% english?? Menus, description and all?!

Thanks.

[quote name='c-murph']Does any one know how the English translation is in both games? Is it the broken Engrish or is it actually English. There's nothing worse then sitting down to play an English game and not being able to understand it.

I've seen screenshots of Aquanaut's Holiday and there's Descriptions of the fish in the game but they're in another language. Are both these games in 100% english?? Menus, description and all?!

Thanks.[/quote]

search, google, thank you

[quote name='c-murph']Does any one know how the English translation is in both games? Is it the broken Engrish or is it actually English. There's nothing worse then sitting down to play an English game and not being able to understand it.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I bought Aquanaut's Holiday a little while ago (Chinese/English version), and the english translation isn't very good. It's readable, but it feels like someone took the source language and ran it through translate.google.com. I still enjoyed the game and don't think the poor translation detracted much (you're going to spend most of your time enjoying the underwater environment anyway).

Oddly, the manual (which is in both Chinese and English) is reasonably well translated.

The game was 100% english (menus, etc). It automatically detects your PS3 is set to use English and uses the english resources. Oh, also, it has trophies (Afrika, I believe, does not), which are shown in English on my PS3.

I haven't played Afrika (but I ordered one), so dunno about the translation for that.

I really just wanted Hakuna Matata/Afrika, and with all the other games coming out that i have preordered, I was able to justify the one game over the two.

Killer, killer deal for that one though...thanks OP

[quote name='danhoo']I bought Aquanaut's Holiday a little while ago (Chinese/English version), and the english translation isn't very good. It's readable, but it feels like someone took the source language and ran it through translate.google.com. I still enjoyed the game and don't think the poor translation detracted much (you're going to spend most of your time enjoying the underwater environment anyway).

Oddly, the manual (which is in both Chinese and English) is reasonably well translated.

The game was 100% english (menus, etc). It automatically detects your PS3 is set to use English and uses the english resources. Oh, also, it has trophies (Afrika, I believe, does not), which are shown in English on my PS3.

I haven't played Afrika (but I ordered one), so dunno about the translation for that.[/QUOTE]

I got AH as well. The translation is probably not done by a native English speaker, but it is not "Engrish" bad either.

I ordered both this morning at 1 am and they emailed me that they shipped them both at 6 am. Holy guacemole, that's fast.
Thanks OP for making me spend me money.
And that's a lot CAG, now you've got me buying import games.

I ordered Hakuna Matata, seems like a great deal. I imagine that even if a US version comes out at some point, it will be 60 bucks. I just hope if there is trophies for the US version, that they will update this one as well.

Bought Afrika for $33.80 after shipping. Exploring Africa's wildlife is much more intriguing to me than the underwater world.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Wow, who could hate Play-Asia? I love that site![/QUOTE]
They accidentally doubled one of my orders and then wouldn't take a return.

Cost me $120.

Mine shipped on the 8th. No sign of it yet. It's only been 5 days though, and I'm not sure how long it usually takes packages from around the globe to arrive.

Play Asia's shipping can be all over the place in terms of time. For a while I was getting stuff extremely fast (Under a week) but lately it's been of the 2-going-into-3 week variety. Not sure if they're just shipping stuff to Deep Discount first to mail (joke) or if they changed services.... but it can take a few weeks if you used the cheapest shipping.

[quote name='lucid734']Anybody that ordered it "First Day of the deal" get theirs yet?...Im jonesin for some deep sea goodness!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I ordered when it first became available at the reduced price (before it went OOS and back in stock).

I picked the cheapest shipping, item was shipped May 5 to California and I've yet to receive it. I have 2 other orders that were shipped May 2 and I still haven't receive those yet. I've learned not to expect my items till about 2 weeks after shipping.

[quote name='lucid734']Anybody that ordered it "First Day of the deal" get theirs yet?...Im jonesin for some deep sea goodness!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I ordered first day and bought the slightly upgraded shipping (I have had bad luck with PS3 cases shipping in envelopes instead of boxes). Mine was shipped on the 8th and I have yet to receive it.

I do live on the east coast though, so I am expecting the shipping to take the max of two weeks....

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I ordered first day and bought the slightly upgraded shipping (I have had bad luck with PS3 cases shipping in envelopes instead of boxes). Mine was shipped on the 8th and I have yet to receive it. [/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I ordered during the restock and mine also shipped on the 8th.

[quote name='Monroeski']They accidentally doubled one of my orders and then wouldn't take a return.

Cost me $120.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they seem to be fine until they make a mistake, then they are unwilling to help. It worked out in my favor in the end, but I pulled a dick move that I'm not too proud of.

I did and my package arrived this morning. Now I have another damn coupon to lure me into more Play-Asia goodies.

I'd like to see R&C Quest for Booty disc version go on sale :D

[quote name='gibbyva']I did and my package arrived this morning. Now I have another damn coupon to lure me into more Play-Asia goodies.

I'd like to see R&C Quest for Booty disc version go on sale :D[/QUOTE]

so, is your game english then?
that's what interests me most :)

[quote name='fischer1990']so, is your game english then?
that's what interests me most :)[/QUOTE]

Hakuna Matata - Yes, the game came up in full english and I didn't even have to choose it (I assume it reads your default language from the console settings). The manual is 100% Korean unlike my Asian Aquanaut's that had both English & Chinese in that manual.

Aquanuats Holiday - I don't know since I bought this as a gift, (because I bought the Asian version last year), and am not going to open this one but I'm assuming it is and trust Play-Asia's description that it will be. Being that the Korean (Afrika) copy is in English, I'd be nearly certain AH is as well.

Be prepared for the 2gig install on Hakuna Matata though, Aquanaut's patch was quick, but H.M. took like 5-10 minutes to install.

[quote name='gibbyva']Hakuna Matata - Yes, the game came up in full english and I didn't even have to choose it (I assume it reads your default language from the console settings). The manual is 100% Korean unlike my Asian Aquanaut's that had both English & Chinese in that manual.

Aquanuats Holiday - I don't know since I bought this as a gift, (because I bought the Asian version last year), and am not going to open this one but I'm assuming it is and trust Play-Asia's description that it will be. Being that the Korean (Afrika) copy is in English, I'd be nearly certain AH is as well.

Be prepared for the 2gig install on Hakuna Matata though, Aquanaut's patch was quick, but H.M. took like 5-10 minutes to install.[/QUOTE]

thanks a lot :D

[quote name='gibbyva']I did and my package arrived this morning. Now I have another damn coupon to lure me into more Play-Asia goodies.

I'd like to see R&C Quest for Booty disc version go on sale :D[/QUOTE]

Which shipping option did you use?

Im in Northern VA and I wasn't expecting it for another couple days...

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Which shipping option did you use?

Im in Northern VA and I wasn't expecting it for another couple days...[/QUOTE]

I used the "Air Economy Box" method for $8.50. I never choose the padded envelope method because it's not worth the risk.

Mine shipped on May 5th and arrived yesterday. I live in Western Virginia.

[quote name='gibbyva']I never choose the padded envelope method because it's not worth the risk.[/QUOTE]

I, on the other had, never choose upgraded shipping because of the 100% risk that it will cost more. ;)

Mine shipped out on 5/7 and I received it today (5/14). The disc was a floater but no scratches. :D

Great game so far, but I wish I could move and snap pictures at the same time. And the controls seem a little laggy... or is it just me?

so... the largest variable is still the custom. I just receive 1 of the 2 packages sent to me by play-asia on the 2nd and my afrika was shipped on the 5th. Well, backlog is huge so no biggie. Chances are, it will go straight to the shelf sealed.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I have both coming, did anyone confirm if Hakuna Matata had trophies? Maybe through an update?[/QUOTE]
I don't believe there were any at all. Sorry.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I have both coming, did anyone confirm if Hakuna Matata had trophies? Maybe through an update?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that Hakuna Matata DOES NOT have trophies.

bread's done
Back