Alan Wake Limited Edition (360) $39.99 at Amazon

aaron50

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18049[/IMG-R]Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
:360: Alan Wake Limited Edition $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally don't buy LE versions, but this one seems worth it (plus developers commentary looks to be awesome to have).

Haven't bought a 360 game in over a year (at least), so this is a nice pickup - been wanting to play it.

Thanks OP.

I've been eying this...But i'm poor till Wed. morning...NOOoooooo!!!!
Please last until I get that Amazon gift card for my Birthday tomorrow....
Please!!!!!!!!

In for one! Garr... and i just bought a used copy off ebay a month ago and still haven't gone around to playing it. Trading that into amazon for half of what I paid for :(

you guys are lucky SOB's to get this for $40. I paid full price at launch and don't really regret it..it's very enjoyable, just watch out for that DLC episode b/c it's hard as hell. One of the best games of the year so far IMO..

[quote name='thedream77']Crap another 5-star deal I had to pull the trigger on. I wake up, check CAG, presto a game I had no intention of buying until 1 minute ago is now being shipped to my house.[/QUOTE]

Had to laugh at this because I feel your pain... nothing worse than thinking you're free and clear from purchasing a game and than some deal comes along to pry what little money you may have had out of your hands.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm a sucker for CE's and this is one of the best ever. Seriously, if you don't own Alan Wake.....get this!!!

One of the best games this year and this year has been crammed with AAA titles![/QUOTE]

Co-sign! Great game and great CE.

Not usually a fan of CE of games but bought one because of good reviews and this one actually has some in game content (in game commentary).

Bah, I wish there was a sale on the standard edition... I don't need more useless crap that I'll never bother with to clutter my shelves.

[quote name='Xellos2099']How good is the include book?[/QUOTE]

Its the best I've ever seen in it's category. It contains dozens of interviews, documents, stories the significantly expound on the game story. It's well over a 100 pages with a nice hardbound cover and slip.

Something Eurogamer said about Alan Wake is that it's more fun to think about than to play because of the richness of it's world and narrative.

While it's certainly no Ulysses the extra content really confirms that every character and every event has a significant back story and life in the game and the continuity is generally amazing and enjoyable between the book, game, and music (which also has some crazy meta elements).

If you've already played the game (and liked it a lot) is this worth it for the book and director's commentary?

Sigh, jumped on this because everyone else seems to be jumping in. My thinking was that at this rate, this will be OOS or return to a higher price by tomorrow.

I bought the regular edition of the game when it was released, beat it, and traded it in back to amazon for $35.00, so it seems like i'm buying it back for $5 more. Why do I log into CAG!!!

[quote name='Dalrint']If you've already played the game (and liked it a lot) is this worth it for the book and director's commentary?[/QUOTE]

I'm just gonna troll this forum so....

The real question is did you like the story? Do you want to know who the guy was that greeted you at the cabin in your first dream? Why the cop was chasing you? Wanna read some of Alan Wake's work?

The dev commentary is sporadic and pops up around every other save point. I only saw a few to test it but I decided I would want to play the game on nightmare with it on to get more value of another playthrough. It's a PIP video thing though which is cool.

Thanks OP.
I missed the $25 regular edition deal from Dell and glad I got the special edition instead.

[quote name='Xiemos']Sigh, jumped on this because everyone else seems to be jumping in. My thinking was that at this rate, this will be OOS or return to a higher price by tomorrow.

I bought the regular edition of the game when it was released, beat it, and traded it in back to amazon for $35.00, so it seems like i'm buying it back for $5 more. Why do I log into CAG!!![/QUOTE]

Still 999 in stock and it's a pretty good CE. I haven't played the game, yet though. Hopefully, it's as awesome as everyone is saying it is.

[quote name='Dalrint']If you've already played the game (and liked it a lot) is this worth it for the book and director's commentary?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, and feel I can't pass on this for $39.99. I'll just give my "other copy" to my nephew.

Speaking of that, I used "The Signal" code that was included with that copy and wondered if the "Limited Edition" also includes a code to download it as well? I'd just give him the unused code included in the "Limited Edition", along with that copy of the game, keeping the rest of it including game for myself.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I'm in the same boat, and feel I can't pass on this for $39.99. I'll just give my "other copy" to my nephew.

Speaking of that, I used "The Signal" code that was included with that copy and wondered if the "Limited Edition" also includes a code to download it as well? I'd just give him the unused code included in the "Limited Edition", along with that copy of the game, keeping the rest of it including game for myself.[/QUOTE]

Yes. All new copies come with the code.

I in for one this will be the 1st collecter edition I have ever bought I usually think paying 80 bucks for these things are a waste of money.

Picked it up for my new Halo: Reach 360 :)...I was planning on getting this game, and not the special edition, but at this price I can't pass it up.

Wow, I really want this, but I'm having a hard time justifying it since I have the regular edition.

I suppose I can just throw that up on ebay. Hmmm.

Barely know about the game, but very tempted to Checkout on this one. Thanks OP!

Update: Dropped in for one. 1-2 days 'extra processing' doesn't really bother me. Got enough games I'm dealing with right now :)

Man, this is so tempting. I'll have enough credit for it after Tuesday, but by then, it will be OOS or up to $65, probably.

I absolutely do not need to be buying a single player game now, but the extras are so enticing.

Had to bite on this. I've been waiting for Alan Wake to drop to around $30, but its taking longer than I can wait. The other one I'm waiting for to drop is Heavy Rain. Maybe we'll see a deal on Black Friday :)

Thanks OP! I ordered 11 copies today to ebay. jkjk. I've been waiting for this to drop, and its definately a nice price. Now I have 13 CE/LE 360 games.

I knew this price would be coming soon, I must have missed it earlier today. Ordered one, I've been looking forward to playing this game.

You know, I wanted this game for a long time, but then it came out and I was student teaching (meaning I was working 40 hr weeks for 6 months and not getting paid) so I never got around to getting it. Thankfully I saw this thread because I had $150 GC from a recent TV purchase so I picked it up! Sweet!

Thanks OP!

Ugh...I bought this game for $20 new at a local game store, played it, traded it to amazon for $25. Now I feel almost obligated to get such a good LE at this price. If my metroid other M trade in credit had posted I would for sure. Decisions, decisions.

Edit: Oh hell. I had $24 in amazon credit, and a $10 promotional code from Kingdom Hearts. Brought the price to $6 and change plus I just got paid tonight for some games I sold on here last week, so I couldn't pass this up. Plus, since I already have the signal on my system, I can sell off that code for a few bucks. I did want tall of my credit to go toward New Vegas though, but I guess I'll still have $30 from other M when it posts. Gah, but my backlog is already so huge that I should just wait for a price drop on that anyway. Also, this helps the developer twice. Can't go wrong with that since this game sold so poorly for how good it was.

Why am I ranting?

Anyway, in for one. Thanks OP.

I bought this for 80 when it came out, ended up selling just because I needed some cash and ended up getting the regular edition for free basically last week :lol:

But yeah, for $40, this is one of THE best ce's I've ever seen.

bread's done
Back