Alan Wake Limited Edition (360) $39.99 at Amazon

aaron50

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18049[/IMG-R]Hardbound in quality linen, the Limited Collector’s edition is designed to resemble a hardcover book. The pack will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE
:360: Alan Wake Limited Edition $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally pulled the trigger. I got my $20 Reach money... It only shows up in the checkout. I also had a bit of credit left over... $18.91 shipped.

[quote name='Envel']At $5 a game you still spent $1000+ on stuff you haven't used. I don't think that could be considered smart.[/QUOTE]

I have spent a lot more than $1000 on my collection. BUT, you know what? I enjoy it. It's a hobby. Some people build cars, some people fly airplanes, and some people collect video games. Price considered, it's one of the cheaper hobbies you could choose from, unless you are looking for complete boxed and wrapped games from outdated systems... that can get pricey.

I love keeping my games. I figure my future kids will get to play with the games too, so it's a great investment. Worst comes to worst, I end up selling my collection for a halfway decent price and make most of what I spent on it back since almost all games, with the exception of a new one here or there, I got on the cheap. Like my $100 purchase that included Alan Wake, Lost Planet 2, Crackdown 2, Fable II, Gears 2, Split/Second, and Bioshock 2... Crackdown and Alan Wake still had DLC content unused. Better to spend my $100 on video games then a night of drinking.

[quote name='Retom7'] Better to spend my $100 on video games then a night of drinking.[/QUOTE]

Nobody has ever gotten laid after spending $100 on video games though.

[quote name='confoosious']Nobody has ever gotten laid after spending $100 on video games though.[/QUOTE]
I don't know man, those kids who hired hookers to play Halo with them came close IMO!

[quote name='Envel']At $5 a game you still spent $1000+ on stuff you haven't used. I don't think that could be considered smart.[/QUOTE]

Yes and I continue to slowly play them all the time, usually at the end of a console cycle I only end up not playing 50 or so games. That is also not to mention that you do not buy those 200 games overnight....or even over a year. That is usually over 2-5 years. So lets say your right and over those 2-5 years I "wasted" $1,000 on my games(which I could resell btw and get most of that back)compare that now to a couple that goes out and watches a movie every Friday after work. They spend about $20 and that's assuming they do not ever buy any snacks, take a friend/child and it is also assuming they do not have to stop and eat after or before the movie. End of the year they will have dropped over $1,000 on those movies. Or you could use cable TV as an example which end of the year people spend around $700-$1200(depending on if its bundled and if you have extras like the ability to record). A meal at most decent restaurants for two would run you $20-$80 every week meaning low end over a grand a year.

Entertainment is in the eye of the beholder. If I buy 200 games and end up not playing half or even all of them if at the end of the day I enjoy what I got for my money it is just as worth it as anything else people buy. Plus as I said end of the day I still own all my games and not only can I play them again and again for free, but they will definitely hold close to a $5 value...so I am out a lot less if I ever sell them.

[quote name='confoosious']Nobody has ever gotten laid after spending $100 on video games though.[/QUOTE]

If you have to spend money to get laid you are doing something wrong. I had a threesome two years ago(though to be fair one girl was my then fiancee)and all I bought was Pizza after we were done ;)

Well, I got my Reach credit and at that point, I had to order this. What a great deal on a game I intended to purchase on release date but bought Red Dead instead. I can't wait to give this game a try.

[quote name='MSI Magus']If you have to spend money to get laid you are doing something wrong. I had a threesome two years ago(though to be fair one girl was my then fiancee)and all I bought was Pizza after we were done ;)[/QUOTE]
So who was the other guy?

I had to jump on this deal...even though my backlog is probably 50+ games at the moment! I know I will get to play these games eventually...right now I'm just working a lot. As a staunch CAG I normally don't spend more than $20 on a game, but w/ the soundtrack CD, book, swanky packaging, etc., I felt it was worth it.

And to the other collectors out there...as long as YOU can afford it, and are happy with the purchases, don't let anyone tell ya you are a fool!

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Guys, let's keep the discussion clean on this thread. Adults aren't only ones coming to CAG.
Let's try to put discussion related to the deal.[/QUOTE]
In an attempt to comply with the request, the threesome will be replaced with two apples and a banana. Is that G enough for you?

I'm glad they were so slow on shipping out my first order. Just got my reach credit and was able to cancel my first order, then order it again for $20 cheaper. Also it is said to ship 3 days faster. Haha good stuff

[quote name='NcX2A fUtBaLl']I'm glad they were so slow on shipping out my first order. Just got my reach credit and was able to cancel my first order, then order it again for $20 cheaper. Also it is said to ship 3 days faster. Haha good stuff[/QUOTE]

Did the same thing, now I"m just waiting for the brown truck for my Reach!

My order was shipped at 11:40PM EST yesterday, and arrived this morning at 9:18AM.
Finished the first episode and the experience was fantastic.
I can feel why this game didn't achieve great reviews; the gameplay seems to stay the same hence being repetitive, but the game is all about story telling and the suspense the game put you in.
Don't let the average reviews hesitate you to buy this game.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']My order was shipped at 11:40PM EST yesterday, and arrived this morning at 9:18AM.
Finished the first episode and the experience was fantastic.
I can feel why this game didn't achieve great reviews; the gameplay seems to stay the same hence being repetitive, but the game is all about story telling and the suspense the game put you in.
Don't let the average reviews hesitate you to buy this game.[/QUOTE]

It only took a day to get to you after it shipped? Did you get upgraded shipping or something?

Mine says it will take 7 days before it even is shipped, which strikes me as odd.

[quote name='spincut']It only took a day to get to you after it shipped? Did you get upgraded shipping or something?

Mine says it will take 7 days before it even is shipped, which strikes me as odd.[/QUOTE]

reorder it, I had the same thing but once I canceled my original and reordered it. Now I'm expecting the game tomorrow :)

[quote name='spincut']It only took a day to get to you after it shipped? Did you get upgraded shipping or something?

Mine says it will take 7 days before it even is shipped, which strikes me as odd.[/QUOTE]

I always order with 2-Day shipping as I got Prime, but usually when the warehouse where they ship my item from is close to where I live -- up to about 6 hours trip by car -- they tend to arrive the next day.

I ordered it on Sunday and it was promised to be delivered by Wednesday.
Amazon never take chances on slower shipping when it terms to keeping on schedule, so I guess in this case they wanted to make sure my item arrives by Wednesday hence shipping via the fastest one available.

I finally cave and ordered the game. I just bought Halo Reach last night. Clearly I do not need this game right now. I always loved this LE though. Ah well. It's only money!

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']reorder it, I had the same thing but once I canceled my original and reordered it. Now I'm expecting the game tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]

Considering how long the deal has been active and that I placed the order yesterday I am not sure how reordering it would fix anything, sounds like a bad idea to do that in my mind.

Sounds like it but after I got my $20 from halo reach today I reordered alan wake LE today and 5 mins later my status changed to "shipping soon" and delivery estimate is set for tomorrow. I then canceled my previous one and kept the one I ordered today :D. I guess its your choice.

I got my credit as well but more than likely I'll be getting something from Amazon in the games department by March lol so I'm good.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Sounds like it but after I got my $20 from halo reach today I reordered alan wake LE today and 5 mins later my status changed to "shipping soon" and delivery estimate is set for tomorrow. I then canceled my previous one and kept the one I ordered today :D. I guess its your choice.[/QUOTE]

Well unless you used a method other than the free shiper saver, according to Amazon there's no reason getting out of line and getting into the back of the line would speed things up at all. And no actually they don't always list a low stock number, I have seen many amazon cag deals just disappear without warning before.

Did you use a different shipping method?

I'm debating between this and Halo Reach. I played the first chapter of this before I had to return it to Gamefly and I was liking it. And why do I have this feeling that Halo with just be...another Halo? Run, shoot, melee enemy, repeat.

[quote name='spincut']Well unless you used a method other than the free shiper saver, according to Amazon there's no reason getting out of line and getting into the back of the line would speed things up at all. And no actually they don't always list a low stock number, I have seen many amazon cag deals just disappear without warning before.

Did you use a different shipping method?[/QUOTE]

Ah yea I posted it on my previous post but forgot to mention it on this one I used one day shipping.

I ordered it sunday morning and right now it's in the process of shipping, with my prime membership I picked 2nd day so it should be here soon.

[quote name='Dazed iLLusion']Ah yea I posted it on my previous post but forgot to mention it on this one I used one day shipping.[/QUOTE]

Hm, then I guess it could be due to me using super saver, it's just weird because it's never affected my order that badly in the past, even on the estimate. Perhaps up till now I had always been lucky and got my order in just as they were filling up their bulk truck for an order. Oh well, at least it means I am garunteed a copy, hopefully they set one aside as soon as the order is made and not just wait for the shipping to come into allignment.

Mine just shipped from a Sunday afternoon order. I don't see this deal lasting much longer, so I'm glad.

Mine arrived today. I haven't played it yet, but I wanted to comment on the packaging. It's super classy, and I feel like what you get for the money (even at full price) is pretty damn worth it. Thumbs up.

[quote name='kalel603']How do you guys found out how much is in stock again? I tried doing the 999 quantity thing but it just automatically reduced it to 3.[/QUOTE]

While on the product page, "Add to Cart" any amount -it doesn't matter. Go to your cart. Then in the "Qty:", input 999 and hit "Update" right above it.

The 999 trick doesn't work all the time; this is probably one of those times since I doubt that there really is more than 999 copies of this.

$20 was my sweetspot on this and thanks to my Haol reach credit I hit that price point. Damn you amazon:applause:

I really want this game but after reading that the game is really open-ended and because I hate spending more than 20 for a game, I guess I'll have to hold off. 40 for a collectors like this is very tempting though.

Still in stock afetr getting my Halo: Reach credit, so I bought it. I would have waited if it wasn't the limited edition, but who knows if I'd ever have another crack at getting this version for a decent price? $4.79 paid afetr credit is well worth it for all the extras, even if I don't play the game right away.

Alan Wake is a pretty decent game. They nailed the atmosphere and it does a good job of drawing the player into its own little world. If I didn't already have it, I would bite on this for $40.

I just bought my copy not more than six hours ago and it's already shipped. Kind of weird considering some people are still getting the 2-3 day processing thing.

[quote name='Indignate']I just bought my copy not more than six hours ago and it's already shipped. Kind of weird considering some people are still getting the 2-3 day processing thing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...mine hasn't shipped. What the fuck?

Got mine in the mail today and have to say I am glad I bit on this. The game is pretty damn sweet. Glad I pulled myself away from Halo Reach long enough to get in a few hours.

I'm in the process of trading some games into amazon but don't know if I can wait long enough for the credit to come in. I'm afraid it would be out of stock by then. What to do, what to do!

Its an awesome game. Hope more people decide to try itt out and find out how awesome the game is. It has one of the best storylines in a game that I've played. I got it around launch for $80 minus the $20 Gaming Credit Amazon gave me for Super Mario Galaxy 2.

bread's done
Back