Alice Madness Returns $44.99 Preorder @ TRU w/ Free Shipping

[quote name='groundskeeper']I don't trust TRU. Who knows if this is another price mistake that will be canceled due to being "out of stock" even though it is a preorder.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, still upset over the $20 Hunted: DF game cancellation. Is this for real? I know the worse case is another cancellation, but it's getting old. I also submitted lower price to Amazon (something I don't do often).

For those asking about the lead platform... it's probably the Xbox 360. It is an UE3 game and I think those usually run marginally better on the 360 anyway.

Alice Madness Returns will be a buy for me. Definitely an interesting twist on Alice. Including the original is a wise marketing decision as well.

But I'll wait until it hits $20. :)

Does it really matter what the lead platform is? The PS3 and 360 versions will be identical. Hell, the PC version most likely will too.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Does it really matter what the lead platform is? The PS3 and 360 versions will be identical. Hell, the PC version most likely will too.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it matters, because they very well may not be identical. Plenty of games aren't. The PC version definitely won't, because it will almost certainly be configurable and it'll depend on your particular PC anyway.

[quote name='takotchi']Yes, it matters, because they very well may not be identical. Plenty of games aren't. The PC version definitely won't, because it will almost certainly be configurable and it'll depend on your particular PC anyway.[/QUOTE]

This. both visualy and performance wise there are usually quite a few differences. Sometimes even disk count. I like to lean to the ps3 version lately because i hate the 360 cases these days.

However it seems my ps3 just died on me today.. so that coupled with the whole psn thing makes me second guess that

don't think Amazon going price match this

With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

i could be wrong Thu will see

[quote name='Kenshindono']This. both visualy and performance wise there are usually quite a few differences. Sometimes even disk count. I like to lean to the ps3 version lately because i hate the 360 cases these days.

However it seems my ps3 just died on me today.. so that coupled with the whole psn thing makes me second guess that[/QUOTE]
Here I thought I was the only one. The eco cases blow hard. Unless it's a title I know I'll play with my 360-only friends or there are huge technical advantages with the 360 version (which rarely happenss anymore), I go PS3 now.

I even have a stack of replacement 360 cases I use for every new title I purchase.

Sorry, way off topic...

[quote name='jimmywolf13']don't think Amazon going price match this

With the exception of TVs, Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

i could be wrong Thu will see[/QUOTE]

They won't price-match on demand like a B&M store will, but they match their competitor's prices all the time. They matched Walmart.com's Portal 2 deal, for example.

[quote name='jimmywolf13']don't think Amazon going price match this [/QUOTE]

TRU had Virtua Tennis 4 preorder for $32 and Amazon pricematched it. Took about a week (I think) but they did it.

[quote name='Serpentor']Yeah, still upset over the $20 Hunted: DF game cancellation. Is this for real? I know the worse case is another cancellation, but it's getting old. I also submitted lower price to Amazon (something I don't do often).[/QUOTE]

Not as upset that they did it, but the wording of the cancellation message taking no responsibility in the error. Makes any of these recent $45 deals for perorder game makes me question if they are valid or if they will just be canceled.

Probably a number that's significantly higher than the amount of preorders Amazon already got for it. Otherwise it's "Why should we lower a price when more people are willing to pay the higher one?"

[quote name='Lucian']Here I thought I was the only one. The eco cases blow hard. Unless it's a title I know I'll play with my 360-only friends or there are huge technical advantages with the 360 version (which rarely happenss anymore), I go PS3 now.

I even have a stack of replacement 360 cases I use for every new title I purchase.

Sorry, way off topic...[/QUOTE]

whered you get the 360 replacement cases?i actually want some to switch out with teh 360 games i do buy, but i havent found a good place to get some. I mean brand new ones, not used ones.

@ the actual Alice game. Does the TRU give you the soundtrack pre-order bonus? I didn't see mention of it like i did on the Amazon site. Is it even a real soundtrack or just a digital download? Amazon actually makes it seem like its just a digital download, which id ont really care about

[quote name='Kenshindono']whered you get the 360 replacement cases?i actually want some to switch out with teh 360 games i do buy, but i havent found a good place to get some. I mean brand new ones, not used ones.

@ the actual Alice game. Does the TRU give you the soundtrack pre-order bonus? I didn't see mention of it like i did on the Amazon site. Is it even a real soundtrack or just a digital download? Amazon actually makes it seem like its just a digital download, which id ont really care about[/QUOTE]

pretty sure its a DLC, part of the 10$ initiative program to overturn used gaming sales.

[quote name='Kenshindono']whered you get the 360 replacement cases?i actually want some to switch out with teh 360 games i do buy, but i havent found a good place to get some. I mean brand new ones, not used ones.

@ the actual Alice game. Does the TRU give you the soundtrack pre-order bonus? I didn't see mention of it like i did on the Amazon site. Is it even a real soundtrack or just a digital download? Amazon actually makes it seem like its just a digital download, which id ont really care about[/QUOTE]

The amazon page says it's a DLC, emailed to you 2 days after it ships or something.

[quote name='Kenshindono']whered you get the 360 replacement cases?i actually want some to switch out with teh 360 games i do buy, but i havent found a good place to get some. I mean brand new ones, not used ones.[/QUOTE]
PM'd info.

[quote name='Kenshindono']whered you get the 360 replacement cases?i actually want some to switch out with teh 360 games i do buy, but i havent found a good place to get some. I mean brand new ones, not used [/QUOTE]

best buy carries replacement cases for all 3 major systems. They come in packs of 3 for $2.99

[quote name='Roadrunner']best buy carries replacement cases for all 3 major systems. They come in packs of 3 for $2.99[/QUOTE]

they do? curious, are they the official branded one or generics?

[quote name='Roadrunner']best buy carries replacement cases for all 3 major systems. They come in packs of 3 for $2.99[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I have a place for 360 cases, but my PS3 case place only has very good condition used cases. Do they have them on bestbuy.com or do I have to go in-store (and possibly be ymmv)?

EDIT: PS3 "cases" appear to just be standard Blu-Ray cases. Can't find 360 cases online. Don't have a Wii, so not sure about Wii cases.

[quote name='Lucian']Interesting. I have a place for 360 cases, but my PS3 case place only has very good condition used cases. Do they have them on bestbuy.com or do I have to go in-store (and possibly be ymmv)?

EDIT: PS3 "cases" appear to just be standard Blu-Ray cases. Can't find 360 cases online. Don't have a Wii, so not sure about Wii cases.[/QUOTE]

[URL="bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+Game+Disc+Storage+Cases/1251478.p?id=1218244147073&skuId=1251478&st=rocketfish%20xbox&cp=1&lp=7]Xbox 360 cases are here[/URL] on Best Buy's site.

I'm hoping for an Amazon price match, I had to replace my 360 so I have the $50 credit from that towards Alice right now.

The cases are rocketfish brand. It's possible YMMV I suppose. I know my local stores just started having all three available, it used to be one store would have wii, another 360 etc. But I've been to several stores over the past couple weeks and they all had replacement cases for all 3 consoles. And the ps3 cases are indeed the clear type cases that ps3 games usually come in, not thin blu ray cases.

Edit: they can be found in each console's accessory section.

[quote name='Roadrunner']The cases are rocketfish brand. It's possible YMMV I suppose. I know my local stores just started having all three available, it used to be one store would have wii, another 360 etc. But I've been to several stores over the past couple weeks and they all had replacement cases for all 3 consoles. And the ps3 cases are indeed the clear type cases that ps3 games usually come in, not thin blu ray cases.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks. I will definitely check out.

[quote name='Lucian']Cool, thanks. I will definitely check out.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I have a pack of the wii ones and there really isn't much difference if any. Definitely get the job done without stickin out like a sore thumb. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I ordered one today also. I will cancel if Amazon price matches as I have credit I want to use there. Still want to get this game as this and LA Noire are the only games I plan to buy over $20 this Spring/summer.

[quote name='Roadrunner']The cases are rocketfish brand. It's possible YMMV I suppose. I know my local stores just started having all three available, it used to be one store would have wii, another 360 etc. But I've been to several stores over the past couple weeks and they all had replacement cases for all 3 consoles. And the ps3 cases are indeed the clear type cases that ps3 games usually come in, not thin blu ray cases.

Edit: they can be found in each console's accessory section.[/QUOTE]
Well, thanks for the info, but my Best Buy sucks. No 360 or Wii cases and the PS3 cases were Blu-Ray cases. Dumb. Maybe in a few months they'll catch up.

[quote name='Lucian']Well, thanks for the info, but my Best Buy sucks. No 360 or Wii cases and the PS3 cases were Blu-Ray cases. Dumb. Maybe in a few months they'll catch up.[/QUOTE]

Just a quick update here... i was in another best buy today (infamous deal) and took a quick look for the ps3 replacement cases and they were those bluray ones. Now, I know a couple of my local stores have or at least used to have the clear ones. I don't know why they would package blue cases as ps3 replacements anyways, the xbox and wii replacements are the correct colors...

Submitted to amazon as well. If I didn't have promo codes used in the order I'd cancel it as well maybe then amazon would notice. They didn't bother doing anything when everyone told them about Portal 2 being lower.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Submitted to amazon as well. If I didn't have promo codes used in the order I'd cancel it as well maybe then amazon would notice. They didn't bother doing anything when everyone told them about Portal 2 being lower.[/QUOTE]

same.Hopefully they match the price :bouncy:.(thnx to the OP for the heads up on this btw!).

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Spicy Horse receives $3M in funding, working with PopCap

Bad news for the Alice franchise?[/QUOTE]

It took almost 11 years to get a sequel to the original. I'd say we're lucky to get that. I don't expect it to become an annual, biannual, or even triannual franchise. Maybe we'll get a part 3 somewhere down the road, but that all rests on how well MR sells. I doubt it would be sooner than at least 5-7 years away and they'll need other things to do.

[quote name='takotchi']Alice 2 for 360 actually went up by $3. Sheesh, Amazon.[/QUOTE]

We are a month away from release today...so not exactly down to the wire. As hype for the game increases closer to release Amazon typically matches the lowest competitor price or offers a close equal.

Give it time, if enough people report it..within this four week window amazon will reduce their price. It's not exactly high priority a month away.

I submitted the price as well. I will probably just order from TRU. From what I can tell the original game comes only when ordered from EA. The price there is $59.99. After the shipping and handling it is over $70. I would rather order the cheaper game from TRU and then buy the original Alice for $9.99 from Xbox. I guess I will just wait and see what the price drops to. I'm glad I found this topic or I would have just spent the money. :) Thanks.

Any place you buy it from new, Madness Returns will come with a code to access the original game, from the Madness Returns disc. It's not being made available separately, it's part of Madness Returns. If you buy the game used and don't have a code, it costs $10, but you still need the Madness Returns disc to play it. Think of it like Dead Space 2's multiplayer mode.

Is this still the case? I can find old news posts about it, but neither Toys R Us or Amazon list that as a pre-order bonus.

It's not a preorder bonus, it's a one-use access code that comes with every new copy of the game. It's an incentive to buy it new instead of used.

Might be a dumb question, but do all copies of this game come with the first Alice game? Reason is cause Amazon just dropped their Pre-Order price to $44.99 as well and I have $15 credit from L.A. Noire with them.

bread's done
Back