Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (PS3/360) $9.99 @ Gamestop

Hey guys. I just got my Collector's Edition in the mail this evening. Got my Playable Iconic characters and Ripley's Flamethrower dlc activated but the extra dlc with the gun range and Sonic Electronic Ball breakers does not work. But I also received a 2nd slip with the dlc that did work. Anyone who wants it is welcome to take the code. It's expires on 2-12-14 though so it might expire in a couple hours or sooner.

Here you guys go first come first serve:    AJRJ-PCN7-AGRR

*Btw this is for the PS3 version

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the codes to the 360 version:

9gbo0j.jpg

2hgg2ds.jpg

I'm enjoying the game, TBH.  Definitely would've been a different story at $60+, but for $10 for the game, statue, and goodies, I can cherry pick some of the nicer things they did with it.  I love the audio - the motion tracker and gun sounds are great.  I like the weapon loadouts and upgrades.  Even the HUD is nice looking.  The jankiness kind of reminds me of an OG Xbox-era FPS.  If this game came out 10 years ago, it would've done well; it's just not up to the standards of a 2013 game.  I'm still finding fun with it, though.

Hey guys. I just got my Collector's Edition in the mail this evening. Got my Playable Iconic characters and Ripley's Flamethrower dlc activated but the extra dlc with the gun range and Sonic Electronic Ball breakers does not work. But I also received a 2nd slip with the dlc that did work. Anyone who wants it is welcome to take the code. It's expires on 2-12-14 though so it might expire in a couple hours or sooner.

Here you guys go first come first serve: AJRJ-PCN7-AGRR

*Btw this is for the PS3 version
Thanks. I used. O:)

I was planning on giving my extra codes to my brother in law but the problem is that he doesn't have a hard drive on his system and will most likely FORGET to redeem the codes today.  Where can I trade my codes for maybe a Vudu code movie?

Wonderful.  I placed my order for a PS3 copy last Wednesday, it's been "Open" throughout today, and BAM!  Cancelled.

I fuck ing love Gamestop.

Great I ordered Wednesday too. Hope they just cancel that game because I also had Disney infinity cars pack for 20 in my order and that hasn't been shipped either.

Found the problem. The guy taking my address down in the store misspelled the town and looks like didn't listen to the zip code I gave and made one up. Checked ups and they have corrected it and I should have it by tomorrow.

Who knows if they shut it down exactly at midnight (EST), so I'll throw these up.

:360:

RFWR7-69GHW-H69PX-YRF3H-4WM7Z

7WM44-HJ242-DMMT3-VFTXF-T4JKZ

:pS3:

C7RL-T9NR-D2EG

5J9E-P5NH-T8MP

I'd only return it if it's at their expense, fuck spending your own money to do it.

TBH I'd probably just keep it.
Of course you don't want to spend any money especially for something you didn't do and they made the mistake. Maybe take it to local store if not much trouble. Keep it is definitely an option.

I got my PS3 copy in the mail on Friday and have to say that this game isn't as bad as everyone puts out. It's not the greatest game in the world but I'm having fun with it so far after the first few levels. I was even able to get in on a multiplayer game earlier and had some decent fun with it. Just another version of left for dead's multiplayer. The statue and patches are a cool addition as well and makes it easily worth ten bones. There are far worse games that I've spent 10 bucks on for sure.

Just wondering, did anybody else who bought the PS3 version attempt to redeem their DLC yet? Reason I am asking is because the one code for 5 additional characters and ripley's flamethrower worked fine but I'm getting an error every time I try to redeem the code for the firing range level and plasma rifle. Anybody else experiencing this?
I just opened mine and like you and others only the character pack worked.. I'm going to looking into where to complain.

Of course you don't want to spend any money especially for something you didn't do and they made the mistake. Maybe take it to local store if not much trouble. Keep it is definitely an option.
I wouldn't take it to the local store until you tell gamestop.com and they instruct you to do so or tell you to do something else instead. There is no record of you being sent it, so the employees at a local store have nothing on a receipt to return and might just keep it for themselves. If gamestop.com later realizes what happened and contacts you about it, you might have no record that you gave it back to a store if you didn't tell them first. If gamestop.com instructs you to mail it back, it should be at their expense of course.

I wouldn't take it to the local store until you tell gamestop.com and they instruct you to do so or tell you to do something else instead. There is no record of you being sent it, so the employees at a local store have nothing on a receipt to return and might just keep it for themselves. If gamestop.com later realizes what happened and contacts you about it, you might have no record that you gave it back to a store if you didn't tell them first. If gamestop.com instructs you to mail it back, it should be at their expense of course.
Absolutely right. Always be cautious. Even if you want to do something right, you don't want to be taking advantage of and not get what you deserve.

Seriously, you got a nice deal there for ten bucks. You could almost double your money by trading it back to Gamestop.

Almost.

Got my copy of this today, weirdest packing job I've ever seen. It was in one box that had been cut open that then had another box taped kind of in a V inside of it and then the actual game box was loose and sliding around inside the frankenstein's monster box.

Everything is in great shape though so I'm happy.

My order on gamestop.com says "Closed" but the tracking number is still valid and it's on its way.. Is this normal? Never ordered from the .com lol :p

Finally got my 360 CE today (weird packaging too) 12 hrs after the codes expired.  Tried to plug em in anyway and they both worked!  Makes me pretty excited to sell the game and watch the Blu Ray tonight.  Figured I'd redeem the codes even though I have a Steam copy I put down ages ago.  I just wanted that awesome figure which displays way better than I was expecting from some of the comments in this thread.  

Who knows if they shut it down exactly at midnight (EST), so I'll throw these up.

:360:
RFWR7-69GHW-H69PX-YRF3H-4WM7Z
7WM44-HJ242-DMMT3-VFTXF-T4JKZ

:pS3:
C7RL-T9NR-D2EG
5J9E-P5NH-T8MP

Where are people finding two codes? I have the PS3 CE and only saw an insert for 'iconic characters' which still works as of tonight.

If anyone has an extra Playable Iconic characters and Ripley's Flamethrower DLC (360) and doesn't want it, could you toss it my way? Thanks!

Finished the campaign tonight.  Not perfect, but I liked it, especially the
Prometheus-inspired derelict level with the laser scanners.
  That was a neat touch.

I tried the codes on my PS3 version a week ago and only the character code worked.  I opened a support ticket on the Sega site and got a response that basically said they have been aware of the problem for some time, that only PS3 versions seem to be affected and that they'll let me know when it's resolved.  I emailed them again after it expired and got a similar wait and see response.  Perhaps if enough people go and complain then they will get it fixed sooner.

FYI - If you're looking to trade this in at BB the price dropped down to $5 and with the 100% trade in it'll be $10. $2 more than yesterday and brings the statue to under $1.

FYI - If you're looking to trade this in at BB the price dropped down to $5 and with the 100% trade in it'll be $10. $2 more than yesterday and brings the statue to under $1.
fyi, if you bought the xbox 360 version collectors edition from bestbuy that was on sale for $9.99, and stacked with the 20% off from gamers unlocked membership, you earn almost $2 in profit to keep just the statue.

bread's done
Back