Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (PS3/360) $9.99 @ Gamestop

It's a shame that the PC version didnt get a CE in America, as that would be the version I push everyone to play. Still, the CE contents are worth $10 IMO. The story is insultingly bad, but if you mute the dialogue it becomes much more tolerable as a themepark-esque trek through Hadley's Hope.

The single-player DLC is better than the entire main campaign, however.
trade game in, keep ce stuff, and later get the pc game for cheap.

I have a 10 dollar off gamestop.com so i tried to buy this which rings up for 3.75 but when I try to pay using my giftcard i get an error

Dayum... What does it say about a game when it drops to 90% off and GS still can't get rid of them?!? Crazy... I've resisted. I won't play the game and the statue is cool, but it looks like something you could buy from Toys R US or something. If I had places to display them, I probably would, but all the statues I already have are in boxes in the shed. I don't have any room in this tiny assed house.

Got this email the other day after playing the game.

Hi there

Thanks for playing Aliens: Colonial Marines on Xbox Live while logged in to SHiFT!

As a reward for playing this game, you have received the following:

- 'Gear Upgrade Boost'
- 'Welcome to Shift!'

Happy gaming!
- The SHiFT Team

Gears of War 2 is .99 used right now at GameStop too... Good filler along with Battlefield Bad Company 2 is 1.99 for both ps3 and 360. Free shipping code over $25 is SAVER in case anyone forgot.

I was willing to ignore the fact that I already bought the game for $7.99 off the PS store but It's not being sold in any stores near me anyway so that's a relief.

I ordered mine almost 3 days ago and it still hasn't shipped. I need this to add to my giant pile of Collectors Editions. With this one, I'll have 11 complete ce games

almost a week at this price and still not sold out I wonder if in a ironic twist if the following is it future of the many stocks available still:

Well worth it including getting lost going to a new store because my primary stores were out, they even opened the door last night just to sell me it....going to play the game today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered from Gamestop store on the 5th and received on the 8th.  The game and the statue is awesome. For $10, I highly recommended. the statue is not solid, but are you gonna pick it up and play? It looks good on a display. If you're worry about the size of the statue is too small, look on the bright side, you don't need lot of space for it.  And the game is pretty fun actually. It's like b- movie, bad but good.  Maybe I have no filter. I play any games. It ain't Borderland but there are so many worse games out there. If don't like it, you can trade it in to BBY. Anyway, anyone who look into this thread should get it while it last.

Still on track to have this delivered, just hoping they packed it better than the last few CEs I got from them.

Did anyone from those WV teams actually end up making it anywhere?
Funny WVU story-- My wife went there several years ago. During her time there, they were really banning burning couches. Since that was now a pretty big offense, they resorted to burning dumpsters, and rolling them down the city streets.

I don't think any of those guys really went anywhere, but this guy did:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9jjtKZo6-Y[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my PS3 copy in the mail on Friday and have to say that this game isn't as bad as everyone puts out. It's not the greatest game in the world but I'm having fun with it so far after the first few levels. I was even able to get in on a multiplayer game earlier and had some decent fun with it. Just another version of left for dead's multiplayer. The statue and patches are a cool addition as well and makes it easily worth ten bones. There are far worse games that I've spent 10 bucks on for sure.

Just wondering, did anybody else who bought the PS3 version attempt to redeem their DLC yet? Reason I am asking is because the one code for 5 additional characters and ripley's flamethrower worked fine but I'm getting an error every time I try to redeem the code for the firing range level and plasma rifle. Anybody else experiencing this?

I got my PS3 copy in the mail on Friday and have to say that this game isn't as bad as everyone puts out. It's not the greatest game in the world but I'm having fun with it so far after the first few levels. I was even able to get in on a multiplayer game earlier and had some decent fun with it. Just another version of left for dead's multiplayer. The statue and patches are a cool addition as well and makes it easily worth ten bones. There are far worse games that I've spent 10 bucks on for sure.

Just wondering, did anybody else who bought the PS3 version attempt to redeem their DLC yet? Reason I am asking is because the one code for 5 additional characters and ripley's flamethrower worked fine but I'm getting an error every time I try to redeem the code for the firing range level and plasma rifle. Anybody else experiencing this?
I'm with you man. I had a blast playing multiplayer game. Got the characters and flamesthrower but not the other DLC.

Anybody having issues redeeming codes should give the alternate redemption method a try.  Sometimes codes will not redeem properly through the playstation store.  What you do is:

From the XMB, go to the PSN collumn and select "Account Management"

Then, select "Redeem codes"

Enter the code

Sometimes this method of entry works when the PSN store method won't.  For example, my digital copy of ACIV that I purchased through Amazon wouldn't redeem in the store, but worked perfectly through the "Account Management" method.

Curious to see if this works for anybody.

Cheers

Got my copy Friday. Pretty quick since I ordered it late Wednesday with the free shipping. Is the right hand of the powerloader (the closer one if looking dead on) loose for anyone else? Mine's isn't as stable as the other hand. It's not gonna fall off or anything, but I can jiggle it around a bit.

Just checked mine, it's been sitting in Texas since Wednesday  :wall: At least UPS updated today, but it still says it's being processed in Texas.  I guess it's not a huge deal in the end, but it's kinda frustrating given the supposed expiration on the DLC and the fact that others here have gotten theirs.

Just got mine and kind of amazed that it's only got marginal damage.  They shipped it in the weird rectangular box with no padding on either side of it and the CE is slightly taller than the top of the box... :whee:

Sega is aware that there are problems with the ps3 dlc vouchers and are investigating why, at least that's what my e-mail from them said...

Sega is aware that there are problems with the ps3 dlc vouchers and are investigating why, at least that's what my e-mail from them said...
Where did you inquire? Only one of my codes worked and the Sega phone message said it takes weeks for a response.

Just got mine and kind of amazed that it's only got marginal damage. They shipped it in the weird rectangular box with no padding on either side of it and the CE is slightly taller than the top of the box... :whee:
Same here, though the box and everything is in mint state :bow: TBH it is a pretty box, now I'm thinking of not even opening it and just leaving it in peace :whistle2:k

Same here, though the box and everything is in mint state :bow: TBH it is a pretty box, now I'm thinking of not even opening it and just leaving it in peace :whistle2:k
Yep, the whole package is pretty well put together and really shows an appreciation for the franchise.

I remember when these came out and they were 100 bucks. Pretty sure I made a joke that I wouldn't buy that for $10, well I was wrong. Grabbed one and my consumer whoredom continues.

This is such bullshit. I ordered the PS3 version the day this seal went live and it was never shipped. I called Gamestop support and they told me my card was "general declined". I canceled the order and placed another order using the exact same card (with no funds having to be transferred over) and it went through just fine this time. The problem - the PS3 version was OOS, so I had to get the 360 version... I don't own a 360 but wanted the statue/collectibles.

This is such bullshit. I ordered the PS3 version the day this seal went live and it was never shipped. I called Gamestop support and they told me my card was "general declined". I canceled the order and placed another order using the exact same card (with no funds having to be transferred over) and it went through just fine this time. The problem - the PS3 version was OOS, so I had to get the 360 version... I don't own a 360 but wanted the statue/collectibles.
So take the game to BBY for $8? Sell it on eBay?

bread's done
Back