All Game Crazys Are Closing

stonetoad

CAG Veteran
Found this on my local Craigslist.

Bend Game Crazy Closing: First and foremost, a heartfelt and whole hearted "Thank You" to Central Oregon for choosing us for the past 6 years. In approx. two weeks ALL Game Crazy and Hollywood Video stores will be entering liquidation. As the store manager, and employee since (almost) inception till the last day I wanted to thank all the many, many, many people who have been like our extended family. You have made a job a 2nd home. We will miss all of your faces and down to earth kindness. We have always striven to be your "neighborhood" game store and provide you with excellent customer service and I feel we have done a pretty good job. Your loyalty has inspired us to provide you with the best possible experiences when in our store (CoDMW2 Midnight Launch chest flasher, HALO 3 Megaline around the store, Super Smash Bros. Tourneys and many many more). You have made the long waits till midnight launches and the 4AM Black Fridays well worth it. I also thank the many employees who have been with us over the years, the part time seasonals to the full timers who have moved on. We wish to see your faces all one last time before we close that gate for the final time. So come on down, pick up that game you've been wanting or just come down and shoot the breeze with Dan, Cody, Chris or myself. We would love to see you and say thank you and goodbye.

Bend Game Crazy Store Director,
Glenn J.

Bend Game Crazy Shift Leads (and a better group of employees than I could wish for),
Cody J. & Dan H. & Chris M.

P.S. As I'm sure many of you have some questions I'll try to answer what I know here and save our phone (and sanity) from blowing up.

Q. I have deposits on preorders, credit on my account, a gift card to GC and Hollywood. What do I do?
A. All cash deposits can be refunded for cash or used towards a purchase. All credit deposits/trade credits must be used up, credit is not transferable to cash. I recommend using your gift cards as there wont be any other location to use it at.

Q. Are you still taking preorders?
A. No, we will no longer be taking preorders on future titles, nor offering the MVP membership, offering game guard or console service contracts.

Q. What if I purchased one of those things?
A. Preorders see answer to the first question, as for MVP's and game guard I assume those will be unrefundable. In the case of service contracts I am unsure at this time how the company will handle them. I will have more information after my conference call on Monday.

Q. Are you still taking trades?
A. Yep, most definitely, however, we are no longer doing cash for trades. We still guarantee the best trade price in town and if we come in lower we'll top our competitor by 5% as always. But, if it wasn't obvious, you'll want to use that credit same day.

Q. What/When are your liquidation sales?
A. The sales wont start until the liquidation firms finish bidding on the company's assets *apx. 2 weeks. As for what the sales will be I couldn't tell you at this time. However expect by the time they begin some of our stock may have been shipped out, and expect much of the "better stuff" to go fairly quickly, so don't expect the good/decent/rare(er) games to last past the first or second weeks. Moral of the story, best to just come buy it now rather than try to wait for it to hit bottom dollar pricing as it wont be in stock then.

Q. What do you guys have in stock?
A. Honestly, everything up to date including a few Splinter Cell Elite 360 and Bowsers Inside Story DSI bundles. We have a pretty awesome selection of used games right now (I raided one of the Eugene stores that absorbed a lot of product from another closing store a few weeks ago so we have a lot of hot stuff in). A bunch of refurbished Wii's for $150, a ton of refurbished 360's $160-250 and a bunch of new consoles/handhelds as well.

Q. So what now?
A. We are kicking around a few ideas about a Store Closing BBQ when all is said and done and we'd really love to have anyone who has been a regular or has a fond memory to come down and write it down or sign on the store banner. We might also practice moonwalking and juggling and putting a video on YouTube, we'll see. :)

THANK YOU CENTRAL OREGON, YOU'VE MADE IT AWESOME!

[quote name='dabamus']I was told 10/$1 when I went in, but they weren't doing the liquidation til later today because the liquidator hadn't been by yet to teach them how to do it. >..

tell them to check their intranet. coupon is on there.

psn, xbox live cards are not part of the discount. the coupon doesnt work on them.

[quote name='Scorch']tell them to check their intranet. coupon is on there.

psn, xbox live cards are not part of the discount. the coupon doesnt work on them.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the coupon for display cases?

wtf are you talking about.. i told you display cases are not an inventoried item and it's up to the stores if they sell them and how much they charge.

in response to the pm i got since cag on the droid is terrible.. credit/giftcards still valid, liquidation discount is equal or more than employee discount so you take the liquidation discount

Heh was totally wrong on the whole 30 mins or so away...more like about 55. Guess at this point I am def waiting to hear from the rest of you if there are some decent deals or not!

Can't wait to go to my local GC now!! Called and confirmed it in Hagerstown!

Thank you GC for my Xbox 360 and my copy of Tekken 6 that I reserved with the art cel! I'll miss you all, along with my free hollywood video game rentals that I'll be losing for the rest of the year! :(

I picked up a Mass Effect guide w/art book. Also the MGS4 LE guide.

The display cases they said they couldn't sell until the liquidator gave them a price on it. They took my name and number down for a barcode scanner.

[quote name='dabamus']I picked up a Mass Effect guide w/art book. Also the MGS4 LE guide.

The display cases they said they couldn't sell until the liquidator gave them a price on it. They took my name and number down for a barcode scanner.[/QUOTE]

Prices for what you picked up? Also did you pick up so few things because the prices even with 20% off were not anything special, or because you just were not interested in much else?

I picked up what I had money for, and what I thought probably wouldn't last. They weren't selling new releases, only game vault games in the HWV, and in the GC they were selling everything, but not at fantastic prices yet.

I wanted to get the ME set for my tradelist, and the MGS4 LE guide for me.

The MGS LE was $15 - 20% and the ME set was $18 - 20%.

[quote name='SanjiX']Can't wait to go to my local GC now!! Called and confirmed it in Hagerstown!

Thank you GC for my Xbox 360 and my copy of Tekken 6 that I reserved with the art cel! I'll miss you all, along with my free hollywood video game rentals that I'll be losing for the rest of the year! :([/QUOTE]

If you could, give us a report about this one--I'm in the area and would definitely be interested.

I remember the last round of closing, I picked up game guides @ $1 each (just mentioning this because it seems that dabamus is interested in the strat guides).

The guides at my store were 20% off. Just like EVERYTHING in the store.

I went in today and scored a DSi XL for 150 bucks.

If you're looking to score a console Game Crazy is the place to go!

The guy at my store said that point cards at the moment are an enigma. They have a TON of them, but at the moment they are not on sale. He said he would look into and ask the liquidator in charge of the store.

Apparently there are a few companies doing the liquidation (is this correct scorch?). So the policy on point cards and membership cards could be different depending on which liquidator is in charge of your local store, at least I would think that was a possibility. I'm just speculating though.

there's one company doing the liquidation, confirmed, and it is the company that was listed in the Joystiq article. I doubt point cards will go on sale (they are not an inventoried item but do show up in the POS when scanned). We sold a PSN card this morning and even though it said activated, the guy came back and said it didn't work.. so, just a word of warning, don't try to buy a points card.

The only ones that would be safe is the OLD one in the bubble packaging if your store still has any of those.

[quote name='reallydude']If you could, give us a report about this one--I'm in the area and would definitely be interested.[/QUOTE]

Sure. Went there and it's pretty much the same as everywhere else. HWV has regular DVDs for $7.99 and new releases for $14.99 (pretty much what Scorch said). GC has 20% off everything. Nothing is really empty as of now. They also have a ton of guides ready to go for $9.99, but with 20% off, it's probably a little less.

I'm gonna wait a week and come back again. The only thing worth getting now are guides.

btw, if you guys were wanting to pick up a system, try and grab it now. Systems were flying off the shelf at 20% off. They won't make it far into the clearance.

[quote name='Scorch']btw, if you guys were wanting to pick up a system, try and grab it now. Systems were flying off the shelf at 20% off. They won't make it far into the clearance.[/QUOTE]

I second this. At 20% off even with tax you're not gonna find it cheaper anywhere else (even amazon).

Just came after browsing 2 close by GCs. Disappointed that some games still had full MSRP even after universal price drops. :(

[quote name='gwolf07']Just came after browsing 2 close by GCs. Disappointed that some games still had full MSRP even after universal price drops. :([/QUOTE]

Game wise, I felt that that a 20% discount offering wasn't really worth jumping on. Especially since I am playing Red Dead Redemption and am looking into picking up Alan Wake.

[quote name='eau']I'm interested in the guides too. $1 each? was it like the last round discount just before closing?[/QUOTE]

Yes, like what the others have pointed out, guides are only 20% off now. I snagged a couple @ $1 each the last round just before closing (3 days before closing, to be exact).

Some of the guides I don't even have the games for, but for $1, they sure make great reading material in the bathroom...

[quote name='estofan']they sure make great reading material in the bathroom...[/QUOTE]

I used to read the MGS3 guide in the bathroom myself. I had already beaten the game when I read it!

I still haven't been able to snag any display cases due to the employees waiting for the liquidator to show up and tell them how much to sell them for. :(

On the bright side, I won a free pizza off the radio tonight, and I have to go over by the closing HWV to pick up the voucher. :)

i wonder how many of you just look at a price on a game and assume that's the price and come to nerdrage about it on cag. ask if the price is correct. it could be labeled at 40 and scan at 30, then give 20% off of that..

[quote name='dabamus']I still haven't been able to snag any display cases due to the employees waiting for the liquidator to show up and tell them how much to sell them for. :(

On the bright side, I won a free pizza off the radio tonight, and I have to go over by the closing HWV to pick up the voucher. :)[/QUOTE]

Heh meanwhile I gnabbed a Super Mario Galaxy 2 display from gamestop tonight for free! How funny is that...I go with a return of like 30 games(placed an order for like 50 and most were incomplete)which should piss them off to no end and snag free displays when gamecrazy still aint selling them!

Anyways, still would love to hear what kind of prices you guys are seeing on games.

At Tanesborne OR HWV Game Guides came down to $1!!
Many were gone but I got Halo:ODST and the GTA guide that looks like a phone book = $2

Games still 60% off but "Clear games" (mostly :ps2::xbox::gc:) were 10 for $10

Disk buffer $300 50% off = $150, Shrink Wrap Machine $100 50% off = $50 I wish I had the money for these.

Besides the guides I also picked up :360:Surfs up $5.20 :360:SF4 $8
Again these titles were at the counter, not on display. I cannot more highly recomend asking for anything not out on display, just in case it is at/or under the counter.

on the last day I maanged to get

Persona 3 FES 6 afer discount
Singstar Vol 2 Six dollars two copies
Singstar Abba 8 dollars
Postal blu ray 2 dollars
Sky Crawlers blu ray 2 dollars
I've loved you so long blu ray 2 dollars
some other blu ray 2 dollars

Previous at around 50-60% off I got

Star Ocean PS3 25 dollars
The Sabotuer 10 dollars
Bayonetta 25 dollars
Trivial Pursuit 6 dollars

I got a good haul from them. Kind of wish nobody took the rpgs. They were gonna be CAG gifts for nieces. Oh well. I still got some good stuff.

went to my gamecrazy today cause i knew it was starting. place was a mess because the employees just stopped caring which is kinda sad. but im hoping they get down to super cheap prices. right now at 20% and they have to sell a certain amount so they can drop there prices even more so i bought a couple things. if there is a god i will get mass effect 2, god of war 3, super street fighter 4, heavy rain, and just cause 2 for around $120.......

Drove past a HWV/GC and saw that they had $.99 dvds advertised. Unfortunately I was going to dinner at the time so I couldn't stop, so when I was driving home I went back and saw that it had already closed for the night.:cry: Hopefully I can make it on Monday when I'm in that area.

The Hollywood Video/GameCrazy shutting down near me just marked everything down to $1.00…

gc1n.jpg

Lota of brand new game guides to choose from…

gc2.jpg

The game and accessories selection itself wasn’t so good, but for a buck each, who’s complaining? Just over $30.00 for all of the above. Liking the bargains, but sad to see all of these local vendors go away…

Rich

i work at game crazy (well now hollywood video cuz me and another guy got transferred to stick around a bit longer) and i promise you no price mark ups at all. If it was $30 before liquidation, its $30 during liquidation plus off whatever percentage its at. my store has nothing left as we started 6 weeks ago since we were closing before the whole company was, but we're at 70% off and we close thursday. Be careful though cuz most will close the game crazy side and just sell everything from the hollywood video side, rather than have 2 stores open. we close the game crazy side 1 week into liquidation.

FYI employees get to hold stuff til the end. I've had stuff on hold and im buying it the day before we close (since my boss said we have to) and by then itll be 80% off. I got a huge stack of strat guides and about 13 games. lol one final perk i guess to being an employee of a dying company

hey goodwill hunter, how many days left at your store? because i was totally expecting to pay 80% off my stuff on our last day this coming wednesday, but can you or anyone else verify that ALL will drop to a "dollar store" type style? cuz i got amazing stuff on hold thats normally $30-50 anywhere else, and $1 a piece would be amazing.

So if anyone can confirm if this is just that stores liquidator doing that or if it happens to all thatd be cool.

I picked up a crapload of disc only games for $1/each. YMMV as always though, since that was the only store I saw such deals at. (some of them were because I already bought the display cases, but I'm not complaining) :p

[quote name='Goodwill Hunter']
Liking the bargains, but sad to see all of these local vendors go away…

Rich[/QUOTE]

You do realize that HWV/GC was a corporation, much like Gamestop, right? There was nothing "local" about it.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']
FYI employees get to hold stuff til the end. I've had stuff on hold and im buying it the day before we close (since my boss said we have to) and by then itll be 80% off. I got a huge stack of strat guides and about 13 games. lol one final perk i guess to being an employee of a dying company[/QUOTE]

I knew it!! I saw a stack of Wii games that I was told were "being sold" in a drawer, I guess that is the employee stash, doesn't seem fair, but at the same time I understand doing something special for the employees you just fired.

[quote name='Doomstink']You do realize that HWV/GC was a corporation, much like Gamestop, right? There was nothing "local" about it.[/QUOTE]

Really!?...except for all the stores that were less than 15 minutes from me that will soon no longer be a source for great deals on gaming goods, other than that, I guess you're right, nothing local about them...

The store in my town is closing...however they are only doing 20-30% off. Still not a good enough deal for most things. I would mind picking up some 4000 MS point cards for 39.99 though.

This was the only rental place in my city so I am really sad they are closing. Sucks they couldn't get their crap together.

my local gamecrazy just started there clearence 2 days ago and are only at 20% off....
any idea how long till the % goes up and what that percentage will be?

[quote name='KinjiMuto']my local gamecrazy just started there clearence 2 days ago and are only at 20% off....
any idea how long till the % goes up and what that percentage will be?[/QUOTE]

I am wondering how often the % moves and what % too. Is it like 10% a week or is this a fast sale that is only going to last a month so it moves larger %s or more often.

[quote name='agentcoop007']I knew it!! I saw a stack of Wii games that I was told were "being sold" in a drawer, I guess that is the employee stash, doesn't seem fair, but at the same time I understand doing something special for the employees you just fired.[/QUOTE]

um, that guy has crappy info. If you're caught by the Liquidation company holding stuff, instant firing because of "LP" issues = no unemployment.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I am wondering how often the % moves and what % too. Is it like 10% a week or is this a fast sale that is only going to last a month so it moves larger %s or more often.[/QUOTE]

Its varied i think for me

like a week after i saw this 50% off
6 days left till closing 60%
not sure what its at now though

The guy I talked to at my local Game Crazy said the % goes up when the systems sell out. Thats the only thing they are really taking a big loss on.

Talked to a manager at one of the closing GCs who said the point/subscription cards are the only things that will not be on sale. The reason being that upon sale it is still valued at the full price, and they will be charged that amount since the cards have to be activated at the register, and at that time is when the company is charged for it. Sucks, was looking to load up on psn points

bread's done
Back