All In-Store Walmart Deals go HERE. The official YMMV Walmart clearance thread.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
Given the extreme YMMV nature of Walmart deals/clearances, it makes absolutely no sense to make a new thread every time someone finds a new deal at their local Walmart. So, if you happen to find a good deal, save the forum some clutter and post in this thread.

Please include the store location (City, state, etc), as well as the item and price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I intentionally was teasing by not putting the location. It was the Mentor, OH store. They had a TON of sports games but also Soul Calibur IV, Left 4 Dead, Tomb Raider games, and a bunch others I can't think of but it was the most ridiculous sale I'd ever seen at Walmart.

Mostly 360 but with some PS3 games. DS/Wii games burn my hands when I touch them so I didn't even check those.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']"Walmart is for poor people." - ME[/QUOTE]

So is scouring the internet for websites with titles including such terms as "Cheap" or "Cheapass." I kid I kid.

But honestly, as long as you receive a W-2, you're doing it wrong. Thanks for playing.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']The Proof

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/[/QUOTE]

M'gawd that site is such a horrible train wreck. I think I know a few of those people.
smile

Sorry if this was posted earlier, but the Killeen, Tx Walmart marked down guitar hero bundles as follows.

Guitar Hero 3 w/ Guitar- Wii-$50
Xbox360/PS3-$65

Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle- Xbox360/PS3-$99

Okay, I've got a question about Walmart.

I noticed the other day while looking at their games, some of them had a little purple dot marked on their price tag. What does the dot mean? Anything at all? Some $49.99 titles even had it.

Picked up Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock Band Metal Pack, and Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise for 360, all $10 bucks each. Also got Secret Agent Clank for PSP for my roommate for $10.

Also saw Prince of Persia (DS), Lego Indiana Jones (PS3), Condemned 2 (360), Bigs (PS3), The Club (360, PS3), Virtua Fighter (360). All for $10 bucks. Good stuff! First big find at Walmart.

[quote name='warmsignal']Okay, I've got a question about Walmart.

I noticed the other day while looking at their games, some of them had a little purple dot marked on their price tag. What does the dot mean? Anything at all? Some $49.99 titles even had it.[/QUOTE]

Random guess, but maybe for discontinued items. Like once it sells out, take out the mylar, and put something else in the spot.

Richmond Walmart @ Brook Rd and Parham has 3 copies of Halo 1 for Windows for $19.99.

The boxes are little beat up--I think they turned up in the backroom during the last inventory check and were moved to the floor a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone know the policy of Walmart's online pre-owned games? Do they sell incomplete copies? Anyone have any experience with them?

I don't know if this is anything special or not, but I just picked up :360: FEAR 2 for $20. It's still $50 on the website. Pretty good deal I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arbitraryhandle']Just picked up Afro Samurai, Bionic Commando, Chronicles of Riddick, Oblivion GOTY, Prince of Persia, and Velvet Assassin for $10 each. Not bad for the price of a new game.[/QUOTE]

location??

for what systems?? u can flip oblivion goty at GS (360)

Paso, CA store had Wii Speak for $1....yes $1 YMMV. Receipt said "REG price $25 you saved $24". I took 3, all the rest were bought buy 2 other guys. There were maybe 8-9 available. Only other notables were $10 Fire Emblem DS and PSP Little Big Planet already for sale $39. i think the official release date is the 17th.

found elite beat agents ds bundle starter pack for 10 bucks, and rock band 2 for 19. They also had guitar hero Metalica for 20 I picked that up.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before or not, but Wal*Mart is selling pre-owned games on their website now.

The prices really suck on most since many of us were able to find them ALOT cheaper at Sears and the rest on clearance, but there are some decent values in there if you can find them.

I wasn't sure if this was worthy of it's own thread, plus I didn't wanna get the usual 'zomg there's already a thread for this HERE, close this NAO' bullshit, so I'll just post it here.

Main page for Wal*Mart pre-owned games: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=1056224

i was amazed today at walmart, i saw the video game cases thrashed and pummbled, and they were open free for all the look threw and steal, wish i had my camera

anyone else see this???

[quote name='aleraiders']i was amazed today at walmart, i saw the video game cases thrashed and pummbled, and they were open free for all the look threw and steal, wish i had my camera

anyone else see this???[/QUOTE]

Everytime I go to Target on Black Friday, its this same way. Open cases so you can get your own games.

Tread lightly dude. Mods are super hard on return fraud. Dude, that rhymes! Weird! ANyway, If you didn't buy it there, don't return it there.

[quote name='frankwhite217']walmart's return/exchange policy does not require a receipt correct? I'm trying to exchange ODST for CODMW2[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go there if I were you.....

Picked up :360: Beowulf: The Game for $10.00 plus tax at a local Walmart this afternoon. It's the first ever somewhat decent deal I have found at any of the Walmarts in my area. I actually went there to buy a gift for my Secret Santa exchange at work and found it while passing through the electronics department with all the other value-priced games. It had a plain, orange sticker on its front, but no price tag. I took it to a price scanner to find out how much it was. It seemed like all the games with these stickers there were the ones with clearance pricing.

[quote name='beingmeb1']Picked up :360: Beowulf: The Game for $10.00 plus tax at a local Walmart this afternoon. It's the first ever somewhat decent deal I have found at any of the Walmarts in my area. I actually went there to buy a gift for my Secret Santa exchange at work and found it while passing through the electronics department with all the other value-priced games. It had a plain, orange sticker on its front, but no price tag. I took it to a price scanner to find out how much it was. It seemed like all the games with these stickers there were the ones with clearance pricing.[/QUOTE]

Unless you want to piss off your co-worker or whoever I wouldn't give Beowulf as a secret santa present. Then again it would be a secret so they would never know who gave it as a gift.

[quote name='aleraiders']i was amazed today at walmart, i saw the video game cases thrashed and pummbled, and they were open free for all the look threw and steal, wish i had my camera

anyone else see this???[/QUOTE]
Is always like that during heavy shopping days like Black Friday, it was the same at my Walmart. An employee actually pissed me off at mine, they had a cart out filled with tons of fairly new games (I guess it's to restock when someone would finally get around to it) so I decided to look through it to see if there was any games I was interested in.

There really weren't, so as I was putting a game I was looking at back in the cart an employee came right beside me, gave me a look, and pulled the cart away. And where'd the cart go, you may ask? Just a few feet away in a different spot. Asshole. Also, I am always flabbergasted that people actually try and rip open game cases to get the disc in stores, and more so that people manage to do it. And they say we don't have ninjas living among us.

Newton, Iowa

MLB 09: The Show for PS3 is $20.00. They have about 7 or 8 copies. I'd get it except I was too disappointed with the shitty fielding mechanics, I'm hoping MLB 10 meets my requirements... Haven't found a decent baseball game since the Dreamcast era, sigh...

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Unless you want to piss off your co-worker or whoever I wouldn't give Beowulf as a secret santa present. Then again it would be a secret so they would never know who gave it as a gift.[/QUOTE]

I went there to buy the Terminator Salvation DVD for my secret santa present. That's what their top pick was for their gift. And, we all have to reveal our gift to our person when we have to give it to them at the Christmas party. I think that's how Secret Santa works. :roll: It's not a secret you take to the grave or something. :lol: Beowulf is for me. For $10.00, I will try pretty much any game I can buy new for one of my systems. I live in Socal, so like many other Socal CAG's, it's hard to find any games in any stores that make it to $10.00 or less new. El Hoardo's and people who can't wait for stuff to drop below MSRP are everywhere here. And yes, I know when price drops happpen at my local stores. But it's too bad I actually have a job and a life so I can't always camp out at the stores waiting for better deals to come.

Okay, I got a wild one: an original Collecters Edition of World in Conflict for pc (not GOTY, the original CE) still wrapped in plastic, for $11! This must've been sitting in that store since the game released in (I believe) 2007. The plastic is a bit battered, but that's expected for something that old.
I already own the game, but I picked it up for one special reason: The CE comes with an authentic piece of the Berlin Wall inside! :rofl:

I don't care if it's just a cheap marketing ploy, that one's goin' on the shelf.

Oh yeah, they're going for at least $35 from various amazon sellers, with a new amazon copy at $85

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Newton, Iowa

MLB 09: The Show for PS3 is $20.00. They have about 7 or 8 copies. I'd get it except I was too disappointed with the shitty fielding mechanics, I'm hoping MLB 10 meets my requirements... Haven't found a decent baseball game since the Dreamcast era, sigh...[/QUOTE]

not really a baseball fanatic but i did find MLB 09 somewhat interesting.

Picked up Chibi Robo for the DS and Folklore for the PS3 today. Chibi was $12 and Folklore was $16. Also of interest, they had new 32 inch Sanyo 720p tvs for 296.00. They had around a dozen of them. The store I was at is in Woodbury, MN.

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the Rock Band 1 wired drums for 360 are on sale for $14.99 here in Jacksonville, FL. Probably extreme YMMV, but saw it this past weekend.

[quote name='AACameron1']Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but the Rock Band 1 wired drums for 360 are on sale for $14.99 here in Jacksonville, FL. Probably extreme YMMV, but saw it this past weekend.[/QUOTE]

They are supposed to be $9.96. I haven't been to a Wal-mart where they haven't been that price.

Picked up Dragon Quest VIII complete in cardboard box & FFXII demo for $10.00 plus tax. Wouldn't be surprised if these were YMMV. It kind of looked like they were randomly found in the back of storage room and decided to put them on clearance.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Picked up Dragon Quest VIII complete in cardboard box & FFXII demo for $10.00 plus tax. Wouldn't be surprised if these were YMMV. It kind of looked like they were randomly found in the back of storage room and decided to put them on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. I was at a Walmart about 3 weeks ago and they had about 5 of them. They also had about 5 Radiata Stories. They weren't there before so they must have been found in the back and put out. They were both $10 also.

[quote name='HydroX']Spotted 3 x Fallout 3 Collector's Edition (Lunchbox) for PS3 - $39.99 at Norman, OK Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Just bought the last Fallout 3 Collector's Edition at Walmart by me for $29.99

[quote name='jax2001']Just bought the last Fallout 3 Collector's Edition at Walmart by me for $29.99[/QUOTE]

i also saw it for $29.99 at my Walmart yesterday.

bread's done
Back