All new Gamecube inventory changed to used @ Gamestop

legs1986

CAGiversary!
Today we cleared out all of the new GC sku's for EB/Gamestop. Everything that was new is now at the used price, saw some games drop as little as 50 to 45 and others go from 30 down to 5$ at the used price. Check out your local stores, depending on what they had new, can get some pretty good games at the used price that are really new games + edge card will stack.

Hmmm.

I thought the majority of GC games at used prices were higher than new prices.

Or, at least, the majority of the good games.

[quote name='Strell']Hmmm.

Or, at least, the majority of the good games.[/quote]

Nothing we changed today went up, including Zelda. It's possible for some games, but worth checking out for those interested ntl.

I think there's a thread around here called "Gamestop raised their prices again!" and basically says things like "Smash Bros Melee is $30 new, but $35 used!"

Wouldn't be the first time Gamestop has done things like this.

I'm not threadcrapping, I'm just cautious.

I'll probably go check it out tomorrow.

[quote name='Strell']I think there's a thread around here called "Gamestop raised their prices again!" and basically says things like "Smash Bros Melee is $30 new, but $35 used!"

I'll probably go check it out tomorrow.[/quote]

Heh believe me I understand, I see all the price raises on things that shouldn't be raised [smash isn't made new anymore, so technically it doesn't cost 30$ but still]... just giving a headsup for anyone who might be interested.

For the last guy, just the games.

From what I can read in the post, GameStop has removed all NEW game SKUs and replaced them with USED game SKUs. GameStop will no longer carry new GameCube games.

[quote name='djkunai']From what I can read in the post, GameStop has removed all NEW game SKUs and replaced them with USED game SKUs. GameStop will no longer carry new GameCube games.[/quote]

does this mean they gutted all the sealed copies they had or would it be possible to score a sweet sealed game for the used price

[quote name='monkeydeew']new odama 5$ price drop, in for none!!![/quote]

funny how its 9.99 used on their site and 44.99 new :lol:

Yeah, GS/EB is Ripping people no matter what. I'll call my EB/GS stores tomorrow & find out what is the DEAL. If i can get Sealed game for $10 or less. That's a deal but i down it :)

[quote name='Milabrega']SO mario Titles ( baseball, party 7, Double Dash ) are $5 now instead of $30?[/quote]
Keep dreaming. They meant $5 less.

And actually, *some* games are still being made new. It's just that GameStop doesn't care for new Cube games (hence why Radio Allergy ended up being canned) and is more willing to sell them used to make a profit on a vanishing console.

There's still other non-gaming retailers that sell some of these games new, like Wal-Mart or Target. $40 for Mario Kart Double Dash is *really* laughable considering Player's Choice titles and movie games are basically all that's left in most other stores..

[quote name='monkeydeew']9.99 + a used mike for 4.99[/quote]

I thought 9.99 was included with the mic ahh now that's a rip

[quote name='CaoPi']I thought 9.99 was included with the mic ahh now that's a rip[/quote] lmao Yeah right. GameStop says you NEED to give them the microphone as part of the shitty $3 trade-in value, but they'll make you buy it seperately if you want to play Odama. Funny how that works when most of the time they wouldn't sell you Seaman or Alien Front Online back in the Dreamcast days without the microphone unless you were fine with it.

[quote name='worshipsf']Let's not forget Mario Kart Double Dash for $39.99 used...

Might be some deals to be had though, thanks OP for the headsup. :)[/QUOTE]

I remember when EB had Double Dash with the Bonus Disc for $9.99 (it was more expensive without the bonus disc). Good Times with the EB Morning Update...

[quote name='Milabrega']SO mario Titles ( baseball, party 7, Double Dash ) are $5 now instead of $30?[/quote]No no. Most mario titles will only have dropped about $5. Not TO $5.

[quote name='Joseph Condello']I'm trying to sell my gamecube and two controllers. I wonder how much I can get for that.[/QUOTE]

Check the Wiki.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Seems silly to stop selling new Gamecube games with all the people buying them to play on the Wii.[/quote]

Not really that silly... Playing GC games on the Wii is not exactly like playing PS2 games on the PS3. Aside from the controller, you still need GC mem cards, which is a big turn off... Nintendo will never make something like an adapter to transfer GC mem saves to the SD mem card or something like that. So, people with Wiis and no GCs, they got to get extra controllers and GC mem cards (too many GC components if you ask me).

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Good Times with the EB Morning Update...[/quote]

I was just missing those updates this morning!!! It was about 7am and feeling a bit down and I was all "Damn, wish I could still check EB for some great deals and then go on CAG and brag about my finds and listen to peeps bitch about things I stole out of their carts"

[quote name='worshipsf']Let's not forget Mario Kart Double Dash for $39.99 used...[/quote]

Or Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire for $35 used...

Yes, I know it's not a gamecube game but damn, it still pisses me off thinking about it... :roll:

I find it funny that GS has Paper Mariio: TTYD for $24.99 used while Best Buy has it for $19.99 new!:whistle2:x Maybe that's why they're getting rid of new GC games!

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Does this mean GS will not take preorders for whatever remaining GC games will be produced?[/quote]
Power Rangers is the last GameCube game being released. No one's going to preorder that.

mogamer, obviously. GameStop figured that if the GCN's gonna be gone, they may as well make more profit off of it by getting rid of all new copies, hyping the Wii's backwards compatibility and jack up prices because of "demand."

It's their same cock and bull they tell people like when they say you won't ever find certain games if you don't reserve them.

[quote name='Tsukento']
$40 for Mario Kart Double Dash is *really* laughable considering Player's Choice titles and movie games are basically all that's left in most other stores..[/quote]
Your complaint is the very reason they can charge so much for every other GC game, used or not. If all you can find in 95% of stores is crap like Happy Feet, they have consumers over a barrel and can charge whatever they want for all non-Player's Choice/movie games that you can't find anywhere else.
The fact that they're dropping prices at all is a good thing, and nice for games that were already pretty cheap like Battalion Wars or Chibi Robo. Thanks, OP - I'll check it out today!

theres like 7 or 8 new GC games coming out still so I guess they won't carry those as well? im not surprised about this move since most people are not buying new gcs from gs. also, if you still don't have mario kart you can get em new at target for 30. I saw a ton of them there along with smash brothers.

[quote name='Joseph Condello']I'm trying to sell my gamecube and two controllers. I wonder how much I can get for that.[/quote]

These days not much to be honest.

[quote name='mephitical']Your complaint is the very reason they can charge so much for every other GC game, used or not. If all you can find in 95% of stores is crap like Happy Feet, they have consumers over a barrel and can charge whatever they want for all non-Player's Choice/movie games that you can't find anywhere else.
The fact that they're dropping prices at all is a good thing, and nice for games that were already pretty cheap like Battalion Wars or Chibi Robo. Thanks, OP - I'll check it out today![/quote]
Most of the games they're overcharging on are Player's Choice titles with a few merely being out of print. Problem also lies in the fact that it seems like GameStop has no idea what they want to do as they clearly want to get rid of GCN games seeing as how they're cropping down the space to it. Some stores have already thrown GCN games on stand-alone racks rather than being on the wall to make room. Whereas they also want to make a profit on these.

They desperately wanna get rid of them, but make sure to dig for as much as they think they deserve for them.

Charging $40 for a $30 game that's been used and may likely not include the bonus disc, instructions or even original case is the kind of thing you're more likely to find from eBayers who set their stuff to Buy It Now at ridiculous prices.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Yeah, GS/EB is Ripping people no matter what. I'll call my EB/GS stores tomorrow & find out what is the DEAL. If i can get Sealed game for $10 or less. That's a deal but i down it :)[/quote]

Even if it is new, it probably won't be sealed. Remember where you're shopping.

[quote name='jaso']Even if it is new, it probably won't be sealed. Remember where you're shopping.[/quote]Well, this will come in handy for the kind of cheapass like me, that only cares about getting to play games. It's a fundamental divide since I'm not a collector beyond the game itself - In 20+ years of gaming I've never understood what's so important about manuals and booklets and bonus discs.

[quote name='CaoPi']I thought 9.99 was included with the mic ahh now that's a rip[/quote]
Nah, it's $12.99 used w/ the mic according to the web site. But good luck finding one with the mic & complete. I know most of the stores in my area still have this, but threw out the cardboard box the game comes in(& maybe the mic).

For those who are thinking of picking up Odama, beware the game is a pain in the ass due to the delay between issuing commands & the soldiers actually following them. Picked it up for $13 at K-Mart in March & has been collecting dust since then because of that.

There are some decent ones, people might find a new Donkey Konga 2 for $10 instead of $15. Battalion Wars, Killer 7 & Geist just drop $1 from their $10 new to $9 used.

[quote name='Mr. Pink']Couldn't they just drop the price without changing them to used?[/quote]
Then you wouldn't get the additional 10% off with the Edge card, would you?

[quote name='Tsukento']Power Rangers is the last GameCube game being released. No one's going to preorder that.[/quote]

I'd like to think that someone at Nintendo would let the GC go out on a better note than that. Maybe put out a port of a crazy Japaneese game that was never released here or something. Oh well.

[quote name='Tsukento']

It's their same cock and bull they tell people like when they say you won't ever find certain games if you don't reserve them.[/QUOTE]

I watched a girl tell an interested customer last night that she better pre order teh GHIII for Wii.

"because when GHII came out we got our reserve copies and didnt get the game back in stock for four months"

Like she cant go somewhere else and get GHIII.

Anyway carry on.

[quote name='umcthomas']I'd like to think that someone at Nintendo would let the GC go out on a better note than that. Maybe put out a port of a crazy Japaneese game that was never released here or something. Oh well.[/quote]

Come on, they let the N64 die with a port of the PS1 version of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. Nintendo doesn't know how to go out on a good note. Seems like no one ever releases a good game as the last game on a system.

[quote name='mephitical']Well, this will come in handy for the kind of cheapass like me, that only cares about getting to play games. It's a fundamental divide since I'm not a collector beyond the game itself - In 20+ years of gaming I've never understood what's so important about manuals and booklets and bonus discs.[/quote]

I don't knock you for not caring about the instruction booklet and bonus discs. I don't consider myself a "collector" either, however, I would never think of buying a game without the original cover, instruction booklet and/or bonus disc unless it was a super rare game. It's just a must for me. To each his own!

I actually throw away cases and manuals for new and used games due to space constraints. After litterally thousands of cd/dvd based games, shelf space was limited. I keep all my games in those metal boxes with sleves that hold 200 each. Now one bookcase can hold my entire collection.

On another note, I have over 3000 dvds, so I have to house those in cd binders. The really big ones, the ones that hold almost 400 each.

I still consider myself a collector.

[quote name='Strell']Hmmm.

Or, at least, the majority of the good games.[/quote]

lol i came in the thread to say the same thing

[quote name='yuffiestrife']I actually throw away cases and manuals for new and used games due to space constraints. After litterally thousands of cd/dvd based games, shelf space was limited. I keep all my games in those metal boxes with sleves that hold 200 each. Now one bookcase can hold my entire collection.

On another note, I have over 3000 dvds, so I have to house those in cd binders. The really big ones, the ones that hold almost 400 each.

I still consider myself a collector.[/quote]

Holy Shi* thats a lot of DVD's.

Yeah, I bought way too many at retail price over the years. Spent way too much. I think I'm handling myself much better this gen with blu-rays, though. I have 46 atm and have not spent more than $15 any any, all thanks to CAG.

[quote name='Strell']I think there's a thread around here called "Gamestop raised their prices again!" and basically says things like "Smash Bros Melee is $30 new, but $35 used!"

I'll probably go check it out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

its absolutely not thread crapping its how GS does their BS> Look we "lowered prices" (on prices that were inflated 20% last month)

bread's done
Back