All six Star Wars coming out on BD - 09/27/11 (Amazon & BN.com pre-order links).

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Hell has officially frozen over:

http://starwars.com/themovies/saga/preorder_bluray/index.html

Link-lazy:
[quote name='From Starwars.com website']
Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray Now!

January 6, 2011

The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever -- the Star Wars Saga -- emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas' epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

* Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
* Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
* Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing "The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor."

"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Dunn said. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."

"With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish," said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. "And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible."

"The Star Wars franchise has been the most anticipated Blu-ray release by Amazon's customers," said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon.com. "We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong."
[/quote]
Amazon links:
Prequel Trilogy (@ $44.99, $69.99 MSRP): http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Prequel-Trilogy-Episodes/dp/B000PMG16U/
Original Trilogy (@ $44.99, $69.99 MSRP): http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Original-Trilogy-Episodes/dp/B000PMLFRA/
Complete Saga (@ $89.99, $139.99 MSRP): http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Complete-Episodes-Blu-ray/dp/B003ZSJ212/

BN.com has the set cheaper, as long as you pay with a VISA card:
[quote name='phantomfriar2002']BN.com has the set for $71 plus tax thanks to a 20% off one-item code for Visa cardholders (R7V9J9N).

If you get cashback from various sites, you can save another $3, so the total was $73 for me shipped after tax. That's a nice savings over the Amazon deal.

I highly doubt you'll be seeing this set lower even on Black Friday. :)
[/QUOTE]

Coupon listed above expires on 02/07/11. Problem is, it may not work:

[quote name='arcane93']Just looked at the "eligibility requirements" for the coupon:

This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, video games, digital content (including but not limited to digital books, magazines, and periodicals), NOOK(TM) and related accessories, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); (v) may not be combined with any other coupon; and (vi) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
So that would probably be why the pre-orders are being cancelled. Pretty lame of them to just do it without an explanation, though.[/QUOTE]

01/13/11 EDIT: BN.com has been canceling orders left and right without any explanation to why if ordered with the coupon code.

BN.com order links:
Complete Series @ $89.59: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Star-Wars-The-Complete-Saga/Mark-Hamill/e/24543742180/
Original Saga @ $44.79: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Star-Wars-Original-Trilogy/Mark-Hamill/e/24543742074/
Prequel Trilogy @ $44.79: http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Star-Wars-Prequel-Trilogy/Ewan-McGregor/e/24543742098/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have no problem with any of this.
If this is how Lucas "Wanted" the movies to be seen, then I'm fine with it.
To those of you holding off until the Theatricals are released.
You'll be waiting until Lucas is long Gone (probably).
I could care less "who shot first".
and I could care less how many CGI's were added.
The movies are fun to watch regardless.
Until of course you get to Jar Jar.

[quote name='sunnysky']Well I have no problem with any of this.
Until of course you get to Jar Jar.[/QUOTE]

Jar Jar is awesome.

[quote name='sunnysky']Well I have no problem with any of this.
Until of course you get to Jar Jar.[/QUOTE]
Hayden Christiansan at the end of Jedi is unacceptable, and there is no way that Lucas "wanted" him to be there when Jedi was made. It makes me so mad every time I watch that version of Jedi. I don't really like any of the SE additions, especially Jedi Rocks, but the only one that I absolutely cannot forgive is changing Anakin.

[quote name='ackbar7']Hayden Christiansan at the end of Jedi is unacceptable, and there is no way that Lucas "wanted" him to be there when Jedi was made. It makes me so mad every time I watch that version of Jedi. I don't really like any of the SE additions, especially Jedi Rocks, but the only one that I absolutely cannot forgive is changing Anakin.[/QUOTE]

So why not watch the VHS then?

[quote name='ackbar7']Hayden Christiansan at the end of Jedi is unacceptable, and there is no way that Lucas "wanted" him to be there when Jedi was made. It makes me so mad every time I watch that version of Jedi. I don't really like any of the SE additions, especially Jedi Rocks, but the only one that I absolutely cannot forgive is changing Anakin.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably in the super-minority here, but that's actually one of the things I didn't mind with the changes. I looked at it as, thats the last living version of Anakin ever seen, before he essentially "died" to become Darth Vader. The version of Anakin seen in the original cuts, he never looked like that at any point in his life, why would he take that image of himself as a ghost? That's my point of view on it, and aside from that, I hate everything else about the changed ending to Jedi as well. I miss the real ewok song and dance.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So why not watch the VHS then?[/QUOTE]
I tend to watch the poorly transferred DVD version of the originals. But I have seen that version of Jedi twice, and that ending totally ruins it for me. I just don't want to be reminded of how bad he was as Anakin when watching the original trilogy.

I agree the Hayden ghost was a bit strange to see the first time.
But I honestly couldn't really give a S**t.
It's just a friggin' movie.
And I certainly didn't Miss the ewok song. I had to play that song in Band as a kid. What a nightmare.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Both "trilogy" sets are down to $39.99 on Amazon at the moment.[/QUOTE]Looks like you could get all of the movies, minus the seventh disc in the 6-movie set, for under $80.

Better packaging, as well.

I only just stumbled across the original trilogy set today, didn't even know they were releasing the trilogies separately. I only care about the original trilogy as the prequels are pretty terrible in hindsight. I'm still going to wait till it's around $25 or so, which will probably be around Black Friday.

Sincerely hope they plan to drop the price on the full boxset to match. I'd just order them individually, but I'd lose my gold box discount plus I don't like the idea of having more than one set.

[quote name='shrike4242']Looks like you could get all of the movies, minus the seventh disc in the 6-movie set, for under $80.

Better packaging, as well.[/QUOTE]

There's more than 1 extra disc with the complete saga box set. Its a 9 disc set whereas the individual trilogies are 3 disc sets each.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']There's more than 1 extra disc with the complete saga box set. Its a 9 disc set whereas the individual trilogies are 3 disc sets each.[/QUOTE]
Discs 1-6: Movies
Disc Seven – NEW! Star Wars Archives: Episodes I-III
Disc Eight – NEW! Star Wars Archives: Episodes IV-VI
Disc Nine – The Star Wars Documentaries

The geek in me wants the whole collection, but I'll probably only see once and then never play the extra discs again.

[quote name='homerojay']The geek in me wants the whole collection, but I'll probably only see once and then never play the extra discs again.[/QUOTE]

This may be true, but you know you'll get the whole collection anyway.

[quote name='Jodou']Sincerely hope they plan to drop the price on the full boxset to match. I'd just order them individually, but I'd lose my gold box discount plus I don't like the idea of having more than one set.[/QUOTE]We have six weeks to go on that happening. I have a Gold Box pre-order in as well, and I'd prefer not to lose it either.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']There's more than 1 extra disc with the complete saga box set. Its a 9 disc set whereas the individual trilogies are 3 disc sets each.[/QUOTE]Yeah, forgot it was an extra disc per trilogy, plus a ninth disc overall.

Some people just wanted the original trilogy movies, just like some people didn't want to have to buy the Alien movie set just to get Alien & Aliens.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Sadly I will want those extras discs so I'll have to get the full set. Still don't care about the prequels[/QUOTE]I'm in a similar boat, but I have enough geek friends that I'll be able to just mooch the bonus discs off of them at some point. So it's O.G. Trilogy only for me. :lol:

And believe me it's tempting after seeing that "lost footage" blu-ray trailer, but my need to snub the prequels outweighs all else. Be strong brother.

bread's done
Back