All Video Games Gold Box Event Starting 12am PST 4/13/09 @ Amazon

gunm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Amazon Gold Box Video Game Deals

Clues:
6:00am PDT - Dynasties and Samurai for Xbox 360.
10:00am PDT - Even more songs for your Wii.
11:00am PDT - Axe > Lance > Sword for Nintendo DS.
01:00pm PDT - Take triviality on the road with your PSP.
03:00pm PDT - Get your PlayStation 3 out of Vault 101.
05:00pm PDT - Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3.
06:00pm PDT - Go on tour with your PlayStation 2.

Edit: DoTD is all versions of Shawn White Snowboarding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering Fallout 3's price, Killzone 2 won't go any lower than that either. I'm done. I'm confident I'll score both of these for cheaper eventually.

Teaches me for having faith in amazon. I was also hoping for 30...

Edit: Judging by the speed it's selling, many others consider this a good deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked it up. Been waiting for a discount on Fallout 3, and $40 is a decent price. Would have preferred $30, but I doubt we will see a universal drop on this game til November-December if that. Bethesda isnt one to drop prices quickly.

Yea, I got the CE for $35 when Circuit City was sinking. Very glad I did that. This is a great game, if you have the $40 to blow, go for it.

[quote name='Distrato']"Get into the zone with your PlayStation 3."

Sounds like its going to be a sports game.[/quote]

I said earlier in the thread that it'll be NBA 09. I doubt they'll put killzone on sale.

[quote name='dsimmelink']I'm failing to see where 40 bucks is a good deal for Fallout 3..... hmm...[/quote]

Maybe because it's 20 dollars cheaper than retail? For most people, that's enough to pull the trigger.

Lol, $40. Sad thing is I bet this deal will sell out or come close. Glad I got 2 copies from CC for $30 during liquidation... I can't imagine KZ2 being $40 as well, but that'd be a good deal for a Sony exclusive.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Maybe because it's 20 dollars cheaper than retail? For most people, that's enough to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

the collector's edition is $40 at blockbuster

Taking into consideration both prices and game quality (the games have been at least decent), this GoldBox is still just average. I'm not holding my breath for anything else tonight.

A sports title (because GHWT is probably the PS2 game) would put this GB below average.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Maybe because it's 20 dollars cheaper than retail? For most people, that's enough to pull the trigger.[/quote]

Fair enough.. I didn't realize it was still 60 retail... but would still be nice if they could've made it 30. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']LOL fallout 3 was $40 and it all sold out. I forgot all about it and went to look and assumed I missed out on a really good deal.[/quote]

Seriously...I was gone for twenty minutes, and was amazed the game went quickly. Then I noticed the savings, and was wondering "WTF, mate?"

Decent game, but if you missed out on this "sale" don't feel too badly.

EDIT: Hmm, suppose it's back up. Very peculiar. My original statement still stands - I'd wait until it was $30!

I'm still showing Fallout 3 as available; only 61% claimed with 1.5 hrs left. And I know it's not a cached page as I *just* rebooted my lappy. Are ppl really seeing that it's sold out already?

[quote name='DrNo888']74% claimed

Waiting for $20.[/quote]
awesome sig!!!!!:drool: I may never refresh this page so she can kick over and over

[quote name='shadowkast']awesome sig!!!!!:drool: I may never refresh this page so she can kick over and over[/quote]

While I generally don't find her funny, her cosplaying is definitely entertaining.

By the way, after she finishes the kick, you can see someone holding her foot so it stays up there.

Was hoping for a bigger discount on this one as it was this price and lower right after release thanks to seasonal deals. Oh well. Still a decent price for a fantastic game. KZ2 at this price is a much better deal at this point, imo.

[quote name='Z_meista']damn... i missed out because i had class..[/quote]

You can still pickup Fallout 3, its at 93%.

Yes, but it's not a liquidation sale, and it's not Black Friday.

$20 off is a deal, and if this was an in-store deal people would think it's great.

Anyone who thought a $59.99 retail game was going to be Gold Box'd for $20 is crazy.

I'm honestly clueless why people want to always complain about these Gold Box game deals when almost always their expectations are way too high.

Sure, $34.99 would be a better price, but if you haven't gotten Fallout 3 yet, $40 is a bargain for what you are getting. It's a great game, if you like the genre, and it was easily worth $59.99 when it came out, as that's the standard price for everything.

[quote name='nervousxtian']
Sure, $34.99 would be a better price, but if you haven't gotten Fallout 3 yet, $40 is a bargain for what you are getting. It's a great game, if you like the genre, and it was easily worth $59.99 when it came out, as that's the standard price for everything.[/quote]

each person has different amounts of money, that's why we dont all buy the good toilet paper unless it's clearanced, opened, on sale, and we have a coupon, along with a mail in rebate.

[quote name='mrrepoman']I hope the 5pm deal is not some sports game, where you get into the "zone".[/quote]

Basketball game: This is exactly what popped into my head when I first read that.

More like everyone's willingness to pay is different. I think the amount of resources you have has nothing to do with the question if this is a deal or not.

[quote name='gamer4432']How much do they charge for S+H, and does sales tax apply to NY?[/quote]

Shipping is free. I believe it is tax free unless you live in Illinois, then it would be $2.5. You might want to ask this question here

[quote name='nervousxtian']Yes, but it's not a liquidation sale, and it's not Black Friday.

$20 off is a deal, and if this was an in-store deal people would think it's great.

Anyone who thought a $59.99 retail game was going to be Gold Box'd for $20 is crazy.

I'm honestly clueless why people want to always complain about these Gold Box game deals when almost always their expectations are way too high.

Sure, $34.99 would be a better price, but if you haven't gotten Fallout 3 yet, $40 is a bargain for what you are getting. It's a great game, if you like the genre, and it was easily worth $59.99 when it came out, as that's the standard price for everything.[/quote]

THIS.

I didn't bite on the Fallout 3 deal for only two reasons though:
1. Backlog from Hell - No way could I get in another massive game like that right now.

2. PS3 Version - I've got both consoles that it's on, but I find it disheartening to hear that the DLC is exclusive to the 360 only. If this game is as good as I'm hearing, I'd like to get as much of it as possible.
Kinda sucks as I would have dismissed reason 1, if not for reason 2.

[quote name='mrrepoman']I hope the 5pm deal is not some sports game, where you get into the "zone".[/quote]

Well of course it is; it's going to be some NBA "In the Zone" game. And the "Tour" game is going to be Rock Band 1/2 or Guitar Hero World Tour for PS2...with an outside chance of it being a golf game like Tiger Woods...

bread's done
Back