Alpha Protocol $44.99 , Prince of Persia $39.99 at Kmart - KmartGamer.com

SHC-Gamer

Official Representative
Sneak Peak:

I've received a surprising amount of requests for what my offer will be on Alpha Protocol. I confirmed that I would release it today and of course I'm running later than I want. I need to hire a blogger!!!

Similar to when we released Just Cause 2, Alpha Protocol (360/PS3) will be $44.99 for release week.

I will also be discounting Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (360/PS3) to $39.99 beginning this Sunday.

I'll post when the blog on KmartGamer.com goes up. Help spread the word!!!

Deals are in-store only at the moment, if Alpha Protocol goes live for .com I'll update the thread.

[quote name='whoknows']I was just at Kmart trying to buy Alpha Protocol and there was absolutely no one around to help. I looked around and still couldn't find anyone so I left.

Guess I'll just go price match at Best Buy. Sorry SHC, I tried...[/QUOTE]

Most kmarts are like that. They schedule someone for electronics, and they wander off and stock stationary or straighten. This applies for every department. The only place you can guarantee someone to be is service desk.

That said, thanks SHC this was a deal I couldn't pass up.

I swung by the Kmart in Beaverton, OR that a fellow CAG has often reported on while I was looking for something else, and checked out electronics briefly. This was about 7:45pm last night. Didn't see AP stocked anywhere, nor any tags indicating it had been. There was a guy at the desk, but I wasn't that interested in buying anyway so I didn't check on it. It's possible I missed it, but I assume a new release would be fairly obvious to lcoate.

I don't usually check these threads because there are no Kmarts around me anymore. But when I saw kmartgamer.com in the title, I clicked. Pretty nice deals but too bad they're in store only.

Went during my lunch break to try to get Alpha Protocol for PS3 from the kmart at 5760 Wabash Ave Baltimore, MD 21215. Left emptyhanded after wasting over an hour.

Browsed for a while without seeing any employees in electronics and didn't see AP in the case, but picked up another game from the cheap shelves. Finally someone came, but instantly started helping someone buy and set up a new cell phone. After a while, they noticed I was standing there with something in my hand and they said they could ring me up now since the cell phone business was going to take a while. I told her I was also looking for AP, so she called someone on the phone to come over and try to find it for me. After another while, another employee came over and started helping someone buy a digital camera. Then after another while, a third employee came over and started helping me. I told her what I was looking for and she started looking at the case. I told her I had looked and couldn't find it myself, but it might be in the back since it came out yesterday (when I got Just Cause 2 on day 1, they had to get it from the back room for me). She continued looking at the case. Then the first employee walks up with the weekly ad and says she can't find it in the ad. I told her I didn't think it was in the ad, but it definitely did come out yesterday. She said she looked in the back and it wasn't there and that if it came out this week, it would be in the ad as a new release. Finally gave up, put the other game back, and just left.

I want to get the game, but I'd really rather not waste another lunch driving all the way over there and going through a whole thing again.

For anyone having problems getting the deals, please e-mail [email protected] with the following information:

- the date/time you tried getting the deal
- the store location
- a brief summary of what happened

Once you get us this information, we'll work to fix the error.

Thanks!

Well, SHC you have gotten me to buy both POP and AP this week at Kmart! That is after canceling my Amazon order for AP. I also wanted to note that both times the guy in the electronics department was very helpful and seemed interested in games since he was asking me all about AP. It's been awhile since I have gone to Kmart for games, but that may just turn around.

Also noticed $15.00 spare PSP 2000 batteries I might just have to go and pickup.

[quote name='SHC Game Guy']Just want to empathize - we agree that games should be out on street date (preferably first thing in the morning). I did contact the Bridgeton store, regrettably too late to help you out, but was told that the replenishment team was not in until 3:30 to stock the floor but that the game is now out on display. Rest assured we are working on enhancing communication in order to increase the sense of urgency for our stores. Although we apologize that we were not able to assist you when shopping, we appreciate the feedback as I am hoping my call to the store manager with your experience is a step in the right direction to increase the stores awareness of the gaming customer's mentality and sense of urgency. Thanks for the feedback.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='danielhonigman']For anyone having problems getting the deals, please e-mail [email protected] with the following information:

- the date/time you tried getting the deal
- the store location
- a brief summary of what happened

Once you get us this information, we'll work to fix the error.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Just wanted to let everyone know I did this, and the team of reps got the store to find about 6 360 copies of AP... what a shock since a few hours earlier I was told by this same store they didn't have any and didn't expect any.

Thanks again SHC team, got the game for $30 after the $15 coupon from RDR.

Picked up AP at my local KMart. Just thought I should mention that the one I go to (in Costa Mesa) always has the games out on the day of, has at least one person working the department, I've never been fought on the sales (or even on an exchange when my Darksiders had no disc inside the case), and they've even helped me look for a PS3 Eye and tried scanning some stuff for me. Always a good experience for me.

Oh, and I really like AP. It has that broken-but-good charm that Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and Deus Ex had in spades that made me finish them and love them deeply in spite of their gameplay flaws. Seriously, it has a very Deus Ex feel to it. If anyone thinks the shooting sucks, they have never played an action-RPG where your stats matter before, because the shooting is just like all those games before it. The writing is great, and I'm super stoked to keep playing it. Highly recommended if you are even at all patient with games that are not perfect - but I don't recommend it if you compare action RPGs to Mass Effect 2 now, as it is not in any way similar to that new breed of action RPGs. This is classic ARPG through and through.

Went to the Kmart on 4645 Blanding Boulevard in
Jacksonville, Florida.

They already had Alpha Protocol out, and it was marked with the sale price.

Was in and out within a matters of minutes... very happy. :)

[quote name='supershammy']Oh, and I really like AP. It has that broken-but-good charm that Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and Deus Ex had in spades that made me finish them and love them deeply in spite of their gameplay flaws. Seriously, it has a very Deus Ex feel to it. If anyone thinks the shooting sucks, they have never played an action-RPG where your stats matter before, because the shooting is just like all those games before it. The writing is great, and I'm super stoked to keep playing it. Highly recommended if you are even at all patient with games that are not perfect - but I don't recommend it if you compare action RPGs to Mass Effect 2 now, as it is not in any way similar to that new breed of action RPGs. This is classic ARPG through and through.[/QUOTE]

I feel about the same way. Many flaws...mediocre graphics for the most part with lots of pop-in (probably mostly the engine's fault), flaky cover system, erratic AI, clumsy power interface and a few freezes here and there. I'm still enjoying it though and want to keep playing. The shooting is not as bad as some have made it out to be. Make sure to put points in your preferred weapon and it becomes much better. Installing on 360 seems to help cut down on some of the chugging/pop-in as well.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']hey did SHC ever mention anything about a deal on BLur?[/QUOTE]

He mentioned something last week about it but haven't heard anything since.

The graphics have so-called 'last gen' models, but the effects are very much this generation (save for explosions, which look like shit). Some of the animations are pretty crappy (walking, some facial animations), and some are almost stellar (combat, ladder movement). Strange.

Really the shooting is exactly the same - if not more complex - than Deus Ex. You hold steady, and your aim improves, but if your stats are low, you're still not going to get right in the center of the reticle no matter how long you hold the shot. The addition of the shotgun steadiness modifier (which makes your shot a critical hit if you aim long enough) is interesting and exciting, also. If people are torn up about this, I don't know what to tell them; it's an RPG, stats matter, that is how it has always been (until RPG-lite games like Mass Effect 2 came along). I don't mean to discredit RPG-lite games, as I love them, but they are different games and should be judged on different merits.

Also, hacking is basically a huge bitch until you level up your hacking stat two points, then it is a breeze. That was the very first thing I did when I earned XP, and I haven't regretted that move since.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Most kmarts are like that. They schedule someone for electronics, and they wander off and stock stationary or straighten. This applies for every department. The only place you can guarantee someone to be is service desk.

That said, thanks SHC this was a deal I couldn't pass up.[/QUOTE]

Well I gave them another chance before I bought it at Best Buy. This time I was eventually able to find someone but they said "If it's not in the case we don't have it"

So yeah. I went to Best Buy.

On the fence about this one. Hearing 2 people compare it to Deus Ex is a good thing as I loved both those games so I have a feeling I will like this. That said I still think this may drop like a rock plus I have RDR and Alan Wake to still play. Oh yeah and SMG 2 as well...

Decisions Decisions... I did cancel my GS pre-order to get Modnation instead. And I have been excited for this since it was announced.

I will add that the boss battles in AP pretty much suck so far. The first one in Saudi Arabia was ok but the bosses for the Taiwan and Rome operations were very annoying. Also had the Rome one glitch twice. Once I couldn't move my character but could shoot and open menus. Then after the mission was over the game locked up with the achievement notice for finishing the mission still on the screen.

I would say either get it for $44.99 this week or wait for an MSRP drop which is probably not going to take long. The game's just too unpolished to be worth $60.

Went ahead and picked it up today after work. No problems, was in the case, and someone was in electronics at the time. But, guess it wouldn't have mattered since I work there and could have just paged someone myself to come to electronics. =P

Not my cup of tea this time around.

SHC, you should do some deals with some Namco Badai titles. For example, Magna Carta 2. A game that has remained ridiculously priced since Fall of 2009.

It would be nice to see more deals on dated titles like this that haven't actually seen a good deal since release.

I'll start a new thread once they are up, but wanted to give you all the timeline.

Today (later tonight)

Transformers War for Cybertron Exclusive offer reveal
Singularity offer reveal

Tomorrow

Blur/Split Second offer reveal
Rock Band Green Day offer reveal

Also,

Sunday Circular Sneak Peak (Tomorrow)

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Entertainment pack offer (HOT)
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker SAS offer - Teases pre-sell offer for major title this fall
Sony 250 GB offer (featured games discount)
Summer of EA Sports promotion beginning with Tiger Woods 11

[quote name='warmsignal']Not my cup of tea this time around.

SHC, you should do some deals with some Namco Badai titles. For example, Magna Carta 2. A game that has remained ridiculously priced since Fall of 2009.

It would be nice to see more deals on dated titles like this that haven't actually seen a good deal since release.[/QUOTE]

You want him to discount an extremely niche title that Kmart likely has 1 copy of, if any? Keep dreaming.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You want him to discount an extremely niche title that Kmart likely has 1 copy of, if any? Keep dreaming.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, Kmart often has a lot of those niche titles. They have a lot of older releases, ones you can't find sealed anymore, just sitting there at full MSRP. Probably never gonna sell.

So what would it actually hurt to discount some of them? Should we really have to wait until 360/PS3 start going out, and hope to grab them on clearance?

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Very excited for the Blur/Split Second deal..wonder what it's going to be :p[/QUOTE]

It's probably $40, since that is what the other price drop few weeks after release sales end up being.

The Sunday ad deal is already up, as well.

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']I'll start a new thread once they are up, but wanted to give you all the timeline.

Today (later tonight)

Transformers War for Cybertron Exclusive offer reveal
Singularity offer reveal

Tomorrow

Blur/Split Second offer reveal
Rock Band Green Day offer reveal

Also,

Sunday Circular Sneak Peak (Tomorrow)

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Entertainment pack offer (HOT)
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker SAS offer - Teases pre-sell offer for major title this fall
Sony 250 GB offer (featured games discount)
Summer of EA Sports promotion beginning with Tiger Woods 11[/QUOTE]

Awesome!!! Hope the Transformers and Blur offers are awesome!

SHC, did you get a chance give Transformers a whirl yet? I am hoping it has a Batman AA like impact! (I can dream :roll:)

Been playing AP for a few hours today. I really enjoy it, sure it has it's issues but, overall it's a very fun game and so far the story has kept me interested, was worth the 44.99.

bread's done
Back