Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='urallgyots']fuck man I want Deus Ex. I tried playing it on pc but its too epic of a game to play on a 22" monitor =/[/QUOTE]

Connect it to your big screen TV (assuming you have one).

Dang, looks like Cryostasis got removed from the list, it's back to its normal price and they aren't offering the $5 credit anymore. Too bad, that's actually a pretty decent game and well worth $2, although I'm sure people would buy it just for the $5 credit (which would've helped it too!)

[quote name='Bayshun']Connect it to your big screen TV (assuming you have one).[/QUOTE]

It's a good looking game (and very fun), but playing it on my 22 inch monitor versus my 42 inch TV didn't have a huge disparity for this type of game if you ask me. There weren't really any impressive set pieces for me to justify hooking things up more than once.

It's also a shame that they didn't rework the compression on the cutscenes for the PC version so those look really iffy. Also, besides Adam (and maybe the bosses) there really aren't too many quality models in the game. Most females have that same disproportionate build, which to me was worse when blown up into a bigger picture.

The Witcher 2 appears to be a very good deal, as well. I recommend it wholly. I am still on the fence with Deus Ex because by the time I'm done with Skyrim, DE will probably have been cheaper.

I don't know what everyone's complaining about. Most of these PC deals are better than what Steam offered recently (Witcher 2, Deus Ex, Dead Island, Amnesia, etc.).

[quote name='grognard66']I don't know what everyone's complaining about. Most of these PC deals are better than what Steam offered recently (Witcher 2, Deus Ex, Dead Island, Amnesia, etc.).[/QUOTE]
Also games that Steam doesn't carry like Diablo

[quote name='dm85']Was it a ps3 or 360 copy?

They have the ps3 CE for $22.xx atm.

I'm personally hoping for a Sports Day. My cousin desperately wants Madden 12 for the 360. Told me last night. I told him "Where were you 2 days ago!"[/QUOTE]

PS3 GH, I'm sick and tired of all this ce and goty crap the gaming industry is into now. My wife bought SWTFU for me for x-mas last year at BB for $5, once I beat the game I realize it's really only half the game and I REFUSE to buy the DLC. Part of me longs for cartridges again, but the industry is making tons of money off of DLC so this is the new normal and will never change.

As for a sports day I recall they had one last year.

[quote name='grognard66']I don't know what everyone's complaining about. Most of these PC deals are better than what Steam offered recently (Witcher 2, Deus Ex, Dead Island, Amnesia, etc.).[/QUOTE]
Because people enjoy b*tching and moaning about anything that isn't absolute basement pricing. It's ridiculous, but it happens every year....

If you're not happy with the pricing, make sure you and everyone you know talks with their wallets. As long as these games keep flying out the door (like the lightning deals), the prices won't drop any lower.

Of course, if there was a "Gamer's Zone" designation similar to BB, it would keep everyone and their sister from being on the same playing field.

[quote name='rile0161']Amazon had all of these cheaper all last week.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? The first is $30, and the other three are only $5 now. I have been watching the deals pretty carefully, and I don't remember seeing anything lower for PC download.

[quote name='iamevilhomer1014']Absolutely terrible deals. Amazon dropped the ball on this one. Most of these prices aren't even close to Steam sales and Amazon doesn't have the physical copy excuse for these ones.[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head The Witcher 2 and Deus Ex are both cheaper today than they were during Steam's recent Autumn sale. Saying these are "absolutely terrible" deals with a game like the The Witcher 2 for $16 is hilarious.

Please try harder.

[quote name='bg88']Off the top of my head The Witcher 2 and Deus Ex are both cheaper today than they were during Steam's recent Autumn sale. Saying these are "absolutely terrible" deals with a game like the The Witcher 2 for $16 is hilarious.

Please try harder.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I bought the shit out of the witcher 2 for $16 (and deus ex for 20). Then Steam put the original witcher on sale for like $2.50, so it was a pretty decent BF for PC games. Just no ZOMG skyrim deals.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']The best deals on amazon always comes when you least expected. lol.[/QUOTE]
Hope it's not their new MO: advertise the garbage and only put up deals when nobody is looking.

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']Not sure why is Diablo 3 in the banner, but none of the D3 editions are on sale.[/QUOTE]

They "sponsored" the promo as a way to advertise. Heh. I was also hoping Diablo 3 preorders would have a deal to go along with their "sponsoring" this day, but alas.

[quote name='Jodou']Hope it's not their new MO: advertise the garbage and only put up deals when nobody is looking.[/QUOTE]
Yup, as everyone knows no one is on Amazon besides for certain deals at certain times

[quote name='Edge']Dang, looks like Cryostasis got removed from the list, it's back to its normal price and they aren't offering the $5 credit anymore. Too bad, that's actually a pretty decent game and well worth $2, although I'm sure people would buy it just for the $5 credit (which would've helped it too!)[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the $5 credit on the main listing of all the sale games like I used to, but when I just bought The Witcher 2 download, I got an email stating:

Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of the top selling game downloads of 2011 good starting 1/1/2012 and good through 1/31/2012.

So that $5 credit seems to still be working for the moment.

[quote name='Coltin']Geez, I didn't know that there would more rad lightning deals this week! I wish I would have been there for El Shaddai. Although surely it'll be on sale again before Christmas[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know how those lightning deals yesterday didn't make it to the front page of CAG. Maybe $15 El Shaddai sold out in 2 minutes, but other than that I can't believe nobody made a thread about it.

[quote name='Jodou']Hope it's not their new MO: advertise the garbage and only put up deals when nobody is looking.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, it probably will be, as long as people continue to buy up the garbage in mere minutes (I'm looking at you $160 Pokemon DSi bundle).

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Yup, as everyone knows no one is on Amazon besides for certain deals at certain times[/QUOTE]
You know what I mean. Only reason I bring it up is because I'm tired of seeing these gold box day threads being bumped constantly despite not a single deal.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Unfortunately, it probably will be, as long as people continue to buy up the garbage in mere minutes (I'm looking at you $160 Pokemon DSi bundle).[/QUOTE]
I don't know how the hell Pokemon is still going at this point. It's pretty clear you can never 'catch em all' when they keep adding new ones.:razz: I kinda figured it woulda been like Cabbage Patch Kids by now and been a fad that faded away.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, I don't know how those lightning deals yesterday didn't make it to the front page of CAG. Maybe $15 El Shaddai sold out in 2 minutes, but other than that I can't believe nobody made a thread about it.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't this technically be the thread? Since the LD's posted reflect which Day they're on. Ppl were mentioning Deus Ex and Resistance yesteday as they went up for LD a few posts back.

for PC deals, there are both the ones through the main pc link, but also there is a separate selection at the regular deal of the day page. Some overlap, but I saw the Starcraft battlechest for $10 at the deal of the day, and I didn't see it at all for PC day.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know how the hell Pokemon is still going at this point. It's pretty clear you can never 'catch em all' when they keep adding new ones.:razz: I kinda figured it woulda been like Cabbage Patch Kids by now and been a fad that faded away.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo manages their properties well. Mario in the late 80s was a phenomenon similar to Pokemon, and the plumber is still going strong. Pokemon rolls out a solid entry every couple years on handheld that sells millions. I am surprised Nintendo never went all out on console venture in the series yet.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, I don't know how those lightning deals yesterday didn't make it to the front page of CAG. Maybe $15 El Shaddai sold out in 2 minutes, but other than that I can't believe nobody made a thread about it.[/QUOTE]

It was bad yesterday. One CAG said they clicked on the R3 for $19.99 15 seconds after it started and ended up #66 on the wait list.

Unfortunately I got there late. Clicked at the 2 minute mark and missed out. Had no idea they would be doing anything this good.

With Amazon's track record thus far, no one was going to make a thread about any of the games before the price was posted, but by then it was too late.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't know how the hell Pokemon is still going at this point. It's pretty clear you can never 'catch em all' when they keep adding new ones.:razz: I kinda figured it woulda been like Cabbage Patch Kids by now and been a fad that faded away.[/QUOTE]

That's the beauty of appealing to the kids market- they don't know that it's derivative or whatever... they've only been alive for like 6 years. Just keep shovelling out stuff that appeals to kids, and you'll make tons of money.

It may not be all that different... but it's on the latest platform, and that's the important thing.

[quote name='ck76']Nintendo manages their properties well. Mario in the late 80s was a phenomenon similar to Pokemon, and the plumber is still going strong. Pokemon rolls out a solid entry every couple years on handheld that sells millions. I am surprised Nintendo never went all out on console venture in the series yet.[/QUOTE]

Probably because the interesting thing about Pokemon is the ability to challenge your friends... but Nintendo consoles don't have a good online strategy, so it's essentially a single-player experience, or one that has to take place locally (as in, everyone in the same room).

They did have a Pokemon game on the GC or Wii, didn't they?

IMO, Nintendo should have been trying to leverage their success with the DS into pushing Wii connectivity, and could have tied that in to a Nintendo online service. But alas, they didn't have any strategy aside from "sell more stuff in boxes".

So whats the opinion on Dead Island? I definitely enjoyed the Left 4 Dead series and I'm looking for DI to be about coop. Are there people still playing this game?

[quote name='Lemarfanz']nuclear dawn. thoughts. opinions....GO![/QUOTE]

i just bought this game and only have 45 min into it, so far I'm enjoying it. its multiplayer only, battlefield like, as in capturing points. nice graphics, havent had a chance to be the commander and try the RTS aspect of it. It seems pretty fast paced and fun, just wished there was a single player so I could get the hang of the classes and maps, I might be overlooking the option though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']That's the download version. Previous poster and myself both want the PHYSICAL version of the Premium Edition either to have the extras in physically or because (at least for me) it would take a full 24 hours to download it.[/QUOTE]

correct, thanks for the clarification.
(didn't realized the digital version was also labeled as "Premium")

[quote name='tony72']Probably because the interesting thing about Pokemon is the ability to challenge your friends... but Nintendo consoles don't have a good online strategy, so it's essentially a single-player experience, or one that has to take place locally (as in, everyone in the same room).

They did have a Pokemon game on the GC or Wii, didn't they?

IMO, Nintendo should have been trying to leverage their success with the DS into pushing Wii connectivity, and could have tied that in to a Nintendo online service. But alas, they didn't have any strategy aside from "sell more stuff in boxes".[/QUOTE]

People that grew up with it or even checked things out in recent years can easily get into the mostly simply RPG experience that has underlying depth for dedicated players. It's like the handful of quality animated shows of the past couple decades that sometimes appeal to kids and adults at the same time.

Is diablo 2 battlechest worth it and is the community still going on?
Edit: Nevermind, I was looking at gameplay and reminded me why i didn't get it earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rosterking']Is diablo 2 battlechest worth it and is the community still going on?
Edit: Nevermind, I was looking at gameplay and reminded me why i didn't get it earlier.[/QUOTE]

I haven't logged on in months but I can say that the D2 Lod community is definitely going strong and so is classic.

Great game. Old, but great.

I hope they haven't updated the prices yet, because so far I see:
DSS at $69.99 which is what someone here said the price was yesterday. OK, it dropped to $49.99 again.
Thrustmaster HOTAS at $35 which is what it was a few days ago.

I think they dropped the PX5 by $6. Run!

Hey, I have been considering getting a gaming headset for the past few days. I have been trying to decide between Turtle Beach x12 or the Tritton Detonator's. The $55.99 price for the Detonators is making me really consider them but there are more reviews for the x12's. Anyone have experience with both?

RB3 midi adapters for $25, decent deal. And I really want that slime speaker stand for the DS, but I can't make myself pull the trigger.

bread's done
Back