Amazon 19 Days of Deals + Afternoon Lightning Deals - Today: The Finale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Don't forget to check back in the afternoon, as Lightning Deals are expected daily.
iconamazon.gif
Amazon 19 Days of Deals

:pc: Amazon Game Downloads offers $1.99 Puzzle Games, including:

Late Breaking Deals - Check this page for more downloadable deals *NOTE: These will change more frequently than other promotions during this time period.*:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='groundskeeper']Man what a disappointment. RPG day was the one day I was looking forward to. I was hoping for Dark Souls at about $25.00. Surprised they did not even match Best Buy at $40.00.[/QUOTE]

you should try having realistic expectations sometime.

I might have to get the Catherine deluxe edition if it's cheap enough.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']One that might be missed today is Divinity The Dragon Knight Saga. It's currently listed at $19...who knows how low it will get, but it's a bargain already at $20. Very underrated game.[/QUOTE]

Almost picked it up a few times at $20. Gonna pick it up today at whatever price it's at. Hoping for $9.99. Thinking it might be $12.99-$14.99.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Not to quibble with you Tony, but I don't think anyone is complaining about the DD prices - the retail side of RPG day is the disappointment, as the selection is just paper thin and unimpressive. $5 DS3 is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool, just wanted to make sure everyone knew that there are killer deals to be had and they weren't missing out.

Cheers,
Tony

I picked up Brink for $5 Friday at Best Buy expecting the worst, but I've had fun with it. The story doesn't tread any new ground and can be confusing as hell since you can play it online out of order, so I wish they just hadn't bothered with it, but the gameplay is solid. With parkour and easily getting knocked down, it feels like a more realistic take on a class-based FPS. It's really not as bad as people say.

[quote name='fastitocalon']The problem with that is The Witcher 2 is one of the few games where the retail copy is amazing. It is a throwback to the old days of boxed editions and imo worth a few more bucks if you like that type of thing.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that last week when I cracked open Batman: AC and saw that there is, literally, no manual included. There's a 2-pg booklet with safety warnings, the Catwoman voucher, and a book advertising merchandise. It's sad to see how far we've come just to save a few dollars, which aren't even passed on to the consumer

[quote name='confoosious']you should try having realistic expectations sometime.

I might have to get the Catherine deluxe edition if it's cheap enough.[/QUOTE]

I did bud...but thanks anyway.

Oh and Catherine is a great RPG!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is Dead Island worth $30 or will it get cheaper soon?[/QUOTE]

If you ae going to play it now, yes. If it's going to the backlog, then wait.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Brink and War in the North... if both games are free and have free shipping I might consider picking them up.[/QUOTE]
what? No promo credit or free gc?

[quote name='Blumpkin']Brink and War in the North... if both games are free and have free shipping I might consider picking them up.[/QUOTE]

I actually love War In the North. Good old fashion brawler with level up and a skill tree. I think the plot is fine also and if you like the Lord of the Rings at all it is a must buy. No regrets from me about buying it. It will probably be $29.95 and definitely worth it if you are planning to play it now.

[quote name='3rdbass']I actually love War In the North. Good old fashion brawler with level up and a skill tree. I think the plot is fine also and if you like the Lord of the Rings at all it is a must buy.[/QUOTE]I'm very judgemental when it comes to games. I played the demo of WitN at PAX last year and absolutely hated it. There are only three classes, and each player has to be a different class (but what if I don't want to play as the stupid mage?). Once enemies swarm one player the whole party is fucked. It has the "knockdown" mechanic that lets the AI constantly knocks you off your feet followed by a five second animation for you to get back up and then promptly get knocked to the ground again (like getting cornered in a fighting game). It was one of the least fun games I've ever played.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
$5 Dungeon Siege? $4 Magicka Collection? $3 Dungeon Defenders? $20 Dead Island or Deus Ex? 30% off Kingdom of Amalur?
[/QUOTE]

I agree, the digital versions are great, I'm picking up DS3, just that your physical copies for say PSP and DS are anemic.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is Dead Island worth $30 or will it get cheaper soon?[/QUOTE]

I bought it new and love it. Yes.

I was hoping the Catherine love is over edition would be cheap today but bestbuy did the price match from gs and did the coupon overide so I got the reg edition for 20 ! Is this game hard ? How are the story and characters like ? I just love puzzle games and this seemed interesting to me for a while so I finally decided to got it

[quote name='strait edge follower']I was hoping the Catherine love is over edition would be cheap today but bestbuy did the price match from gs and did the coupon overide so I got the reg edition for 20 ! Is this game hard ? How are the story and characters like ? I just love puzzle games and this seemed interesting to me for a while so I finally decided to got it[/QUOTE]

Catherine is one of my favorite games of the year... AND I HATE PUZZLE GAMES! It's played like an action game with being a puzzler at its core.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I was hoping the Catherine love is over edition would be cheap today but bestbuy did the price match from gs and did the coupon overide so I got the reg edition for 20 ! Is this game hard ? How are the story and characters like ? I just love puzzle games and this seemed interesting to me for a while so I finally decided to got it[/QUOTE]

I'd get it for $20. Can it still be done?

So tommorow(day 13) is Call of Duty right? Is there a list of what the remaining days will be? Also, have any of the lightning deals been repeated? I really wanted the PX5's, and I completely miss the boat last week. I'm hoping for another deal of some kind over the next few weeks.

[quote name='chrislaustin']So tommorow(day 13) is Call of Duty right? Is there a list of what the remaining days will be? Also, have any of the lightning deals been repeated? I really wanted the PX5's, and I completely miss the boat last week. I'm hoping for another deal of some kind over the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Many LD's have been repeated so there's always hope.

http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b/ref=..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1339586082&pf_rd_i=1000208101

The days are listed on the top right corner of the page. It only shows the next 3 though.

[quote name='chrislaustin']So tommorow(day 13) is Call of Duty right? Is there a list of what the remaining days will be? Also, have any of the lightning deals been repeated? I really wanted the PX5's, and I completely miss the boat last week. I'm hoping for another deal of some kind over the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen a full list but they tell you the next couple of days on the right side of the page. Some of the LDs have been repeated (Resistance 3 comes to mind) so there's a chance it will come back up.

[quote name='dm85']Many LD's have been repeated so there's always hope.

http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b/ref=..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1339586082&pf_rd_i=1000208101

The days are listed on the top right corner of the page. It only shows the next 3 though.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. I was aware of the next few days being listed in the upper right, I figured that was all there was, but thought I would ask. Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another deal of some kind on the PX5's. I'm still kicking myself over that one.

Wow... did anyone else notice that the normal price jumped up from $9.99 to $19.99 to make the deal look like it is 60% off.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I'm very judgemental when it comes to games. I played the demo of WitN at PAX last year and absolutely hated it. There are only three classes, and each player has to be a different class (but what if I don't want to play as the stupid mage?). Once enemies swarm one player the whole party is fucked. It has the "knockdown" mechanic that lets the AI constantly knocks you off your feet followed by a five second animation for you to get back up and then promptly get knocked to the ground again (like getting cornered in a fighting game). It was one of the least fun games I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

Well everybody has different ideas of fun. While it can be frustrating at times once you level up your range weapons you don't have to fight hand to hand that much. I find the game alot of fun but ofcourse we all have different ideas of what is good.

[quote name='evfan_77']Wow... did anyone else notice that the normal price jumped up from $9.99 to $19.99 to make the deal look like it is 60% off.[/QUOTE]

Technically - it is 60% off the MSRP of $19.99 (but as a CAG, what the heck is MSRP?), although I don't agree with the advertising practices since Amazon's non-LD price is $9.99.

[quote name='evfan_77']Wow... did anyone else notice that the normal price jumped up from $9.99 to $19.99 to make the deal look like it is 60% off.[/QUOTE]

I laughed so hard when they did that for the killzone 3 hellghast edition a few days ago

[quote name='blitztwn36']Technically - it is 60% off the MSRP of $19.99 (but as a CAG, what the heck is MSRP?), although I don't agree with the advertising practices since Amazon's non-LD price is $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Are they stating it's 60% off their "regular price?". Then there is no issue.

I know most people will scoff but Final Fantasy XI Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition for $4.99 is an insane deal, so much content, thousands upon thousands of hours worth.

also, is rage ps3 going to be $20? it is $40 now, similar to how resistance 3 was before it went for $20 as a lightning deal. so there is at least some hope.

is amazon's buy 1 get 1 50% still going on or did that end? i can't seem to find the page on amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryuukishi']Was hoping for $20 for LOTR. $30 is only slightly better than the $35 deal that Amazon was offering for preordering it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I might even have considered it for $25. My wallet is happy, at least for the moment. :applause:

[quote name='ShadowSx']Hoping Catherine is $30, although knowing amazon lightning deals its going to be $49.99, or even $50.[/QUOTE]

Ditto

[quote name='HelloThere']Is borderlands goty for $20 a good deal? DO you see it going any lower?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The main game is pretty lengthy and the extra DLC makes it so much worthwhile.

[quote name='HelloThere']Is borderlands goty for $20 a good deal? DO you see it going any lower?[/QUOTE]

That is a pretty good price for a GOTY. It clearanced out at Target, but it was hard to find.

I don't see it going lower, but in the past it was lower at BBY before when they were clearancing out games. Was $9.50 then

bread's done
Back