Amazon: $5 off $25 Coupon (Requires Facebook)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/socialmedia/promotions/BTS_2013/

Terms:

• Share who or what is at the top of your back to school list and press the "Share & Claim" button to post your answer to Facebook.
  • You must connect your Amazon.com account to your Facebook account to complete the “Share & Claim” action and receive the promotional credit. If you have not already connected your accounts, you will be guided through the process to do so after clicking the “Share & Claim” button.
  • The promotional credit will only be applied when purchasing products totaling $25 or more in a single transaction.
  • You must connect your Amazon.com account to your Facebook account to complete the “Share & Claim” action and receive the promotional credit. If you have not already connected your accounts, you will be guided through the process to do so after clicking the “Share & Claim” button.
  • The promotional credit will only be applied when purchasing eligible products totaling $25 or more in a single transaction.
  • The promotional credit may only be applied to physical products shipped from and sold by Amazon.com, and excludes Kindle devices, digital downloads and gift card purchases.
  • The promotional credit will be reflected as a $5 savings on the Review Your Order page on qualifying orders.
  • The promotional credit expires 11:59 PM PST on Thursday, August 22, 2013.
  • Taxes do not apply when calculating the minimum purchase amount.
  • If items purchased with the promotional credit are returned, the amount of the promotional credit used to purchase such items will be subtracted from your return credit.
  • The promotional credit is non-transferable and may not be resold.
  • The promotional credit may not be combined with other offers.
  • If you violate any of these Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
  • Limit one per customer and customer account.
  • Void where prohibited.
  • Offer good while supplies last. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion at any time.

Thanks OP, I was actually eyeing Mario Party 9 today, which somewhat recently dropped to new price $38 sold by Amazon.  Been waiting for a sale on that, but if SMG2 and KRTD are any indication, $33 new is probably the best I'm going to find.

Thanks OP! Pre Ordered Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Limited Edition for $12 Total. -$2 for being in my quick picks, -$11 gift card from trade in, -$5 facebook promo, -$10 Gift Card Promo from the gift $50 gift card get $10 promo.

Thanks OP! Pre Ordered Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Limited Edition for $12 Total. -$2 for being in my quick picks, -$11 gift card from trade in, -$5 facebook promo, -$10 Gift Card Promo from the gift $50 gift card get $10 promo.
that's an idea! I haven't been checking out Quick Picks!

will Amazon adjust prices if your Pre-orders get featured in Quick Picks down the line?

Thanks. I canceled an order I placed last night, and redid the order with the coupon. Amazon taking their time processing a free shipping order worked out great.

Thanks OP, been wanting to preorder luigi U so I just used it on it and got a free 30 day trial of prime on top of that :)

Is there any way to have the promotional credit applied to my ps4 without canceling? Any ever try custer service? Id rather not cancel for obvious reasons.

Awesome, cancelled my GTA V CE strat guide order & reordered it along with the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 CE guide.  :D  Thanks op!  

I chatted with amazon and was able to apply my 5 dollars to my ps4 launch day preorder :). They just cancelled my 5 dollar credit and readjusted my ps4 preorder down to 394.96. I guess for ppl preordering ps4 anyway and dont really have anything they need now thats over 25 dollars thats probably a good idea..since I usually dont like paying msrp for games and wait for good deals :p..

Is there any way to have the promotional credit applied to my ps4 without canceling? Any ever try custer service? Id rather not cancel for obvious reasons.
just did it man..just ask them in chat they'll cancel your promo credit and reduce the cost of the ps4 by 5. Pretty easy process, make sure to tell them its a launch day order that isn't available anymore so you can't cancel the order and reorder.

Huh, just tried doing it and it said " 

We're Sorry!
Our records indicate that you have already redeemed this promotion. This promotion can only be applied once per customer. If this is incorrect, try refreshing this page."

even though this is the first time I ever heard of this :(

I did try refreshing the page multiple times as well

Yea. It will come in handy in the future for this stuff too.
I was given an error message. Not sure it's the new account under a different name that was the problem though.
I gave it a few minutes and tried again. It worked. I'll make sure to keep the account info saved for other promotions later on. Thanks dude.

CAG has on of the best online communities. On amazon I found MGS2 (ps2) for about $0.80 used with free shipping if ordered with other items in free super saver shipping. Not sure if that the kind of thing to make a topic about though. Good way to reach the free shipping requirement if your off by a bit.

I am wondering if it is worth the 5 dollars for amazon to have all of my information and that of my friends as well? Also, I don't like how they say they will be logging on when i am offline and posting on my behalf. what do they post? obviously some ad but i wonder how often will i be sending out these ads.

I am wondering if it is worth the 5 dollars for amazon to have all of my information and that of my friends as well? Also, I don't like how they say they will be logging on when i am offline and posting on my behalf. what do they post? obviously some ad but i wonder how often will i be sending out these ads.
You do realize you can delete the link via FB right after you do it right?

Just used my brother's account for this. Hope they don't mind that I said that the Trojan Twister is at the top of my list for back to school. 

Thanks, OP. 

The link that says "--- is at the top of my list...."? I was more concerned with the part under the terms that pop up before you link your account that says they can acces my account and post under it.

My Facebook account is deactivated.. I clicked the link to share and it never even pulled up a Facebook to enter it.. I got the discount so I'm not worried. Thanks op!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, want to cancel my Saints Row 4 preorder, but I got some promotional credit applied to it. Wish I wouldn't lose it, I've got my order down to $11 dollars right now. Guess I'll preorder something else, thanks op.

Damn, want to cancel my Saints Row 4 preorder, but I got some promotional credit applied to it. Wish I wouldn't lose it, I've got my order down to $11 dollars right now. Guess I'll preorder something else, thanks op.
If you cancel the order, you don't lose the promotional credit unless it was a timed thing. It get's credited back to your account.

If you cancel the order, you don't lose the promotional credit unless it was a timed thing. It get's credited back to your account.
I lost credits a few times cancel right away and zap. cs hates refunding them to.. i got refunded once but less then what i had one time exception they said.

now what to use this on....

If you don't mind wasting a bit of time you could mention your concern to costumer service to see if they'll help you out. I think someone else mentioned that they didn't want to cancel their ps4 launch preorder to add in the $5 and costumer service just deleted the promo credit and took off $5 from the ps4 order.

If you only give them as little info as you can and skip steps whenever possible it'll take you less than a minute to make a fake account. It doesn't even need to be under the same name of your amazon account.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back