Amazon All Gold Box Event -- LIVE -- Xbox 360 Bonus Offers Aug 28-31 (Updated)

n4styn4t3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Deal of the Day
:pc: The Sims 3 $29.98

Lightning Deals

6 am -- Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game.
9 am -- Fore!
11 am -- Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now.
2 pm -- Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game.
5 pm -- Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game.
8 pm -- Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.

Also the 360 price drops (pro and elite) have hit amazon and they have some bonus offers for those who purchase 360s.

Elite -- Free 12+1 Month Live
Pro -- Free Halo 3, Fable 2, or Halo Wars
Arcade -- Free Lost Odyssey or Banjo - Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Ditto on Wolverine and Prototype, I'm dying to get them on the cheap.[/QUOTE]
Same here, would love to get a copy of Wolverine for cheap.

I'd take Call of Duty for $20 (either of the recent two). Banjo and Kazooie would be pretty sweet too at $10.

[quote name='JokerCard']I was lucky enough to grab a kitchenaid mixer last year for $75 with a $50 giftcard :D.[/QUOTE]

Such a good price!

Yes Black Friday on Amazon was fantastic. Well up till Sunday, then the train went off the rails and Cyber Monday, the train exploded and flung flaming bees and snakes into a bus full of children.

I also seem to remember a crapload of CAGers scoring a number of copies of a PS3 B-ball game for free (or dirt cheap) and trading them in for a crapload more then what they paid for it. I also seem to remember huge fights with FW too, as they were data mining any new info for their own fourm users.

My Christmas score was..

Items Ordered Price 1 of: PSP Headphones with Remote Control [Video Game]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$4.95
1 of: Rune Factory 2: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (Gift With Purchase) [Video Game]
$14.95
1 of: R-Type Command [Video Game]
$9.96
1 of: Animal Crossing City Folk and Wii Speak Microphone Bundle [Video Game] $39.95
1 of: Sonic Unleashed [Video Game]
$25.95
1 of: Nintendo DS Lite Play Stand [Accessory]
$2.95
1 of: Personal Trainer: Cooking [Video Game]
$4.95

Best part was when Amazon screwed up the shipping for most of the people on here and getting it within 48-72 hours of ordering.

[quote name='Sixtail']
1 of: Nintendo DS Lite Play Stand [Accessory]
$2.95
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Hrmm, I think I'll get that. Thanks for the link.

[quote name='elcheap0']Hrmm, I think I'll get that. Thanks for the link.[/QUOTE]

Watch it!
WARNING:
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
=P

That's pretty cool though, didn't think about this but it'd be really nice. I hate holding my ds for hotel dusk for a long time, can never get comfortable and my left hand seriously hurts if I get in a weird position. Double thanks for the link.

When will the clues show up?

[quote name='voidedx']Seems to be missing some items or not stating the lowest price during the weekend.

From my purchase history:
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts $26 (thread not listed)
Golden Axe: Beast Rider $10 (thread stated $20)
Sonic Unleashed $21 shipped with $5 promo code (thread stated $26)
At the time, these were awesome prices!

I bought these and a bunch more. Spent $100's. Wonder if they'll grab my attention again.[/QUOTE]
True, the prices were adjusted and some titles were removed based on inventory that weekend.

[quote name='Vinny']I wonder what extraordinary means?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, who knows. The whole situation pretty much sucks, but their ball, their rules, unfortunately.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Speaking of which, what kind of deals did Amazon have last year?

The past several years my family would go out early on the morning of Black Friday, more for fun than anything. Once and a while we would have one item we were looking for, but for the most part would just buy things we wanted if we could. For the most part we went to Staples (since they were the only electronics store near by :D ) and switch on and off to go to JC Penney's when they opened and Wal-Mart once they opened... Oh, the good old days, I can still feel the excitement standing there waiting to get in, last year we had a beautiful snow fall an hour or so before Staples opened and it looked like a snow globe in the parking lot lights. Anyhow, once we finished at the main stores we would go to other stores if the parking lot wasn't crazy, usually Kmart, Radio Shack (never anyone in there), etc. but only if they had good deals. Then, we would go out to lunch early afternoon and make a day out of it. A lot of fun and usually found a couple of good deals, it is so much more fun when you go not actually wanting something, when you want something there is way too much pressure :)

So anyhow, I've never been home to see what Amazon offers and was always curious since they tend to have good deals all the time anyway.

By the way, if this is off topic I apologize and anyone that wants to share can PM me.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I dont remember specifically what they had. I do remember I had a large list for the big stores like Circuit City, Target and Best Buy but that Amazon ended up matching just about all of the deals. I ended up buying just about everything from them instead of in the stores. I still went out, but it was more for the excitement as you describe it and less about actually buying anything major.

Ah, man, I remember Amazon last year. I had no idea what the Personal Trainer Cooking game was and assumed it was some shovelware. Had I known it was published by Nintendo I would have gotten it. I think I had it in my cart even. I did end up buying a few things from Amazon but nothing all that amazing - I can't even remember what :lol:. I think the deals have been hyped a bit too much in this thread. I actually remember being very underwhelmed overall by last year's deals and happily stayed home that day.

Now, having said that, since I have credit at Amazon from their trade-in promo I will definitely be more interested in what they do this year (and this Friday to stay on topic ;)). I guess when I have to pay cash even getting games for half off isn't all that exciting to me (and besides the Cooking game very few were more than half off). But when it is credit that is a different story.

does anyone know what today's deal of the day was? It's sold out now but I was just curious what it was that it sold out so fast.

[quote name='io']Ah, man, I remember Amazon last year. I had no idea what the Personal Trainer Cooking game was and assumed it was some shovelware. Had I known it was published by Nintendo I would have gotten it. I think I had it in my cart even. I did end up buying a few things from Amazon but nothing all that amazing - I can't even remember what :lol:. I think the deals have been hyped a bit too much in this thread. I actually remember being very underwhelmed overall by last year's deals and happily stayed home that day.

Now, having said that, since I have credit at Amazon from their trade-in promo I will definitely be more interested in what they do this year (and this Friday to stay on topic ;)). I guess when I have to pay cash even getting games for half off isn't all that exciting to me (and besides the Cooking game very few were more than half off). But when it is credit that is a different story.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I was asking my wife if she wanted the cooking game, since it was freaking $4.97 or something like that, and she was pretty "meh" about it. Then the next week, she asks me to get it because "she heard about it from somewhere and wants to try it please please please order it for me...":bomb::bomb::bomb: You bet I was pissed paying $15 for it instead of $5.

Last year was pretty weak for Black Friday for the most part, but the previous couple of years before that were pretty damn good. This year, I just want there to be a shitload of cheap Blu Rays...they had some great Blu Ray deals last year so I hope they expand on those. I've been holding out on lots of movies to get really good deals, and missed out on a couple of those crazy warner bros. store deals that I need to make up for.

As for tomorrow's gold box, meh...I will check in but I have VERY low expectations of there being much, if any, good games/deals.

Last year's Amazon BF was incredibly good, after years of being fairly lame, IMO (very overhyped for only a few real deals). I really hope they pull a repeat (especially the daily dropping prices, that was fantastic although must've sucked for people who ordered on Thursday/Friday and got the worst prices!) but I don't know if I'll hold my breath.

That said, I'll be all set with Prime and ECA for this year. ;)

I have been purchasing games from IllusiveX for a grip now! Every game I have ever got from them has never been over $20! Well except my Fallout 3 Collector's Edition (lunch pail). When I received the item my buddy was with me and could not believe that I only paid $25. It was in mint condition! Now he shops there.

The games are legit M.S. and they have this wait list thing!

Search: Portland "Craigslist" (newb no link's /arghh/ can somebody post?)
Quick Shipping: Yes
Guarantee: Yes
Secret: Avoid there eBay store.
When new releases come out just get on there wait list.
just ask em!

The GB deals from BF were great! Got $5 Cooking, $20 L4D, $20 Dead Space, $30 AC w/Wiispeak, $20 GoW PSP...

But this isn't a BF gold box, so I'm not expecting much. Trying to be optimistic, though.

I don't have prime, so I'd better bookmark some good fillers in a hurry just in case a good half-price DS game comes up. I'm going to try and stay optimistic about this one.

Oh, who am I kidding? It's going to be $20 We Cheer, $25 Luminous Arc 2, $20 Nascar Kart Racing, $30 Harry Potter HBP, random $45 recently released PS360 title, and $20 New Play Control Mario Power Tennis/DK Barrel Blast/$40 eternally-original-retail Nintendo 1st party title.

Will still keep an eye out in the event of something good. I hope that Amazon posts clues before the event starts as they generally do. It's the least they can do for us EST-dwellers to tip us off about whether it might be worth it to stay up until 3AM.

So did anyone get an email about this or anything? I don't see any official Amazon announcement in their Gold Box forum.

[quote name='fwbweux']It's the least they can do for us EST-dwellers to tip us off about whether it might be worth it to stay up until 3AM.[/QUOTE]

That's what's incredibly annoying about this. Why does it have to start when most people are in bed? Hopefully the midnight PDT deal will be something lousy.

Since when does Amazon do Gold Box Lightening Deals at 12 AM other than during the Black Friday crap? Every Gold Box Lightening Deal seems to begin at 6 AM PST/9 AM EST.

The Amazon Deal of the Day and the Amazon Video Games Deal of the Day begin at 12 PM PST/3 AM EST. These are the deals that are good for 24 hours, or until they sell out. If the main Amazon Deal of the Day is a video game, that also is usually the Video Game Deal of the Day.

[quote name='kodave']Since when does Amazon do Gold Box Lightening Deals at 12 AM other than during the Black Friday crap? Every Gold Box Lightening Deal seems to begin at 6 AM PST/9 AM EST.

The Amazon Deal of the Day and the Amazon Video Games Deal of the Day begin at 12 PM PST/3 AM EST. These are the deals that are good for 24 hours, or until they sell out. If the main Amazon Deal of the Day is a video game, that also is usually the Video Game Deal of the Day.[/QUOTE]

It's very odd for them to do this at a time when most East Coast people will be asleep.

[quote name='evophile']It's very odd for them to do this at a time when most East Coast people will be asleep.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I am thinking. I don't want to crash and assume its crap, only to wake up tomorrow and see its some awesome deal. Decisions, decisions.

Edit: To those asking, this was the Amazon DoTD

[quote name='evophile']It's very odd for them to do this at a time when most East Coast people will be asleep.[/QUOTE]

whats so odd about? this is how its done every single day? except its only gonna be video games tomorrow lol

[quote name='Ninja300x']whats so odd about? this is how its done every single day? except its only gonna be video games tomorrow lol[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='Topey']Anyone have the teaser clues?[/QUOTE]

At 12 PM PST/3 AM EST today's deals will be wiped off the Gold Box page and they'll be updated with tomorrow's deals, at which time we'll get the teasers for the Lightening Deals, with the first one likely starting at 6 AM PST/9 AM EST.

I think people might be hoping for too much here, Amazon could have changed their mind about offering this on Friday. No one has posted anything with an official currently existing source, so it seems like we'll have to wait until midnight Pacific time to see what's going on.

[quote name='kodave']At 12 PM PST/3 AM EST today's deals will be wiped off the Gold Box page and they'll be updated with tomorrow's deals, at which time we'll get the teasers for the Lightening Deals, with the first one likely starting at 6 AM PST/9 AM EST.

I think people might be hoping for too much here, Amazon could have changed their mind about offering this on Friday. No one has posted anything with an official currently existing source, so it seems like we'll have to wait until midnight Pacific time to see what's going on.[/QUOTE]

What kind of a source are you looking for exactly? Who needs more proof than from the retailer in question?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=488604591&pf_rd_i=468642

[quote name='Ninja300x']whats so odd about? this is how its done every single day? except its only gonna be video games tomorrow lol[/QUOTE]

nvm

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily I took a nap, long day. 3 am isn't too bad most of the time, but knowing I HAVE to stay up this long, meh.

Then again, I finished Uncharted...been meaning to put in Valkyria Chronicles...

They need to copy CAG and allow you to put in a title and a price, and if it hits that price you buy it.

So this is actually starting at midnight and not 8am like the rest of there gold box stuff?. sheesh how am i going to sleep now?

I'm gonna take my chances and assume that the deal of the day is nothing special. I'll be up early in the morning though, so here's to hoping the 6am deal is good.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']isn't this as soon as the first deal runs out the next deal starts kinda thing or is the first deal at 3, the second at 6 and so on.[/QUOTE]

The latter.

I'm betting it's gonna be Mk vs DC to capitalize on the Batman/Joker hype. I noticed earlier in the week they jacked the price back up to 59.99. Heh, nice. It's back down to $39.99 now. They might try to ride the wave some more and clear out a bunch of stock.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']isn't this as soon as the first deal runs out the next deal starts kinda thing or is the first deal at 3, the second at 6 and so on.[/QUOTE]
From Amazon.com:

Here's how it will work:

• At 12:01 AM PST the first deal will be the Gold Box Deal of the Day. Its special discounted price will be available all day only on Friday, August 28 (or until we run out.)
  • Starting at 6:00 AM PST, the second deal will be featured as a Lightning Deal.
  • Each of the remaining deals will also be Lightning Deals.
  • Discounts on each deal will be available only while supplies last.
  • Learn more about Gold Box Deals in our Help section.
So first deal is DotD, which lasts all day. All the following ones last for a few hours. So it's the former, not the latter.

Gold Box DotDs have higher odds of being something good than your average DotD, so there's an understandable fear that the game might be sold out by the time ESTers wake up. Granted, the only time I can remember this happening was when Amazon had Super Paper Mario for half price (and that was over a year ago and not even a Gold Box DotD), but the point remains.

Luckily (or not) I have a bad case of insomnia tonight and I have to get up before 6 AM PST tomorrow, so I won't be missing any deals.

bread's done
Back