Amazon All Gold Box Event -- LIVE -- Xbox 360 Bonus Offers Aug 28-31 (Updated)

n4styn4t3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Deal of the Day
:pc: The Sims 3 $29.98

Lightning Deals

6 am -- Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game.
9 am -- Fore!
11 am -- Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now.
2 pm -- Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game.
5 pm -- Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game.
8 pm -- Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.

Also the 360 price drops (pro and elite) have hit amazon and they have some bonus offers for those who purchase 360s.

Elite -- Free 12+1 Month Live
Pro -- Free Halo 3, Fable 2, or Halo Wars
Arcade -- Free Lost Odyssey or Banjo - Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NDPsycho']What kind of a source are you looking for exactly? Who needs more proof than from the retailer in question?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=488604591&pf_rd_i=468642[/QUOTE]

Works for me. The link in the OP didn't lead to this and someone else said Amazon pulled down the announcement, so the link just to the video games section.

If you wake up for the first Lightening Deal I guarantee that the Gold Box deal will still be available at that time. Whenever a Gold Box deal sells out before people can wake up in the morning, the Amazon community bitches and they put something else up, but early sell outs only happens in rare instances. I couldn't believe Little League World Series for Wii sold out as the Game DOTD yesterday or whatever, but maybe that's because the Little League World Series is going on (I think - I saw kids playing baseball on ESPN the other day in a bar, so I assumed it was Little League World Series), so maybe that had something to do with it.

You can sign up with Amazon for text messages about what the Gold Box DOTD and the Video Games DOTD are, but they usually don't arrive until 8 AM PST to 8:30 AM PST. There are also independent websites you can sign up for that will text you with every new Lightening Deal as they happen.

Feels stupid to wait up now since I won't make the first lightning deals anyway(I never do,up at 9am? pfft) and the daily deal is for the entire day so... But incase it doesn't last, is an awesome deal and something I really want, I'd be pissed at going to bed at 2 when I only had to stay up one more hour.

Can't wait to be let down!

Based on the hints on the Lightning Deals, they all seem to be sports related! Not exactly my cup of tea, and Sims 3 isn't for me either. I think I can go through my day now without worrying about missing out on anything!

Looks Like

Sims 3 :pc: Deal of the Day

All PDT time

6:00 am - Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game
9:00 am - Fore!
11:00am - Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now.
2:00 pm - Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game
5:00 pm - Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game
8:00 pm - Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.

So it looks like Wii is taking center stage for the most part today. Too bad nothing much of interest :whistle2:(

:lol: One of the games seems to be EA Active, which I'll be honest, is a good solid workout piece. I'd def recommend it to everyone if the price is right (don't forget your ECA too!)

dotd = sims 3

6: Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game
9: Fore!
11:Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now.
2: Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game
5:Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game
8:Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.

looks like someone beat me to it in a flurry of posts

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll put down the hints from Amazon for everyone else here:

Seems like Sims 3 is the deal of the day.

6AM PST- Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game (Active Life Blah Blah whatever)
9AM- Fore! (Tiger Woods for Wii w/ Motionplus perhaps?)
11AM- Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now. (Madden 10 probably, could be NCAA 10)
2PM-Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game (EA Sports Active)
5PM-Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game (We Ski & Snowboard ?)
8PM- Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.(Is it football again? Maybe this is NCAA 10)

So first one is most likely Active life outdoor challenge wii and #4- Ea active wii, really wish I went to bed as all games probably suck.

Yeah, this Gold Box/Lighning Deal event isn't too good. Sims 3 isn't a bad deal, just not for me.

Then the Lighting Deals are pretty much all Wii games except for what probably is Madden...which isn't for me either.

Oh well...can't hate on Amazon at all since they just refunded me an extra $10 off Batman: AA w/ comic...thus making it $36.99 w/ $5 MP3 promo. For me, this day is full of win! :)

better deal:

Buy an Xbox 360 Elite, Get a Digital 12+1 Month Xbox LIVE Subscription

Buy the Xbox 360 Elite before September 1, 2009 and you'll receive a $50 credit good toward a digital Xbox LIVE 12+1 month subscription card from our Xbox LIVE store.
Limit one credit per household. Offer valid from 12:00 AM Pacific Time on 08/28/09 to 11:59 PM Pacific Time on 08/31/09. This offer may not be combined with other offers or promotional certificates. Purchase the Xbox 360 Elite console from below and within two business days you'll receive an e-mail letting you know that the credit has been applied to your account.

made a thread for it

Seems that the first deal may be Active Life Out Door Challenge. If it is the new one, I may get it, I have the first and it always makes for some fun when friends/family come over.

Possibly a golf game at 8, would have to be pretty cheap and come with Motion+ for me to consider it, I don't think I need another golf game, especially if that is all it does, but we will see.

2 looks like EA Sports Active, so I don't need that, already have it.

5, I may consider, depends on the game, but it might be something to pick up.

So three potential pickups for me today. I will only get them if they are a considerable discount since none of them are anything I really want/need at the moment.

So, overall, doesn't look like anything to great for today, upsetting, but definitely expected. But, on the plus side, at least I can go out all day today :D And, it saves me money!

In all honesty? I didn't expect much. Sims 3 is a decent deal, I guess.

I, too, am really looking forward to the Black Friday deals this year. Left 4 Dead and Mortal Kombat vs DC were pretty good deals on new games.

[quote name='Danterandal19']I'll put down the hints from Amazon for everyone else here:

Seems like Sims 3 is the deal of the day.

6AM PST- Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game (Active Life Blah Blah whatever)
9AM- Fore! (Tiger Woods for Wii w/ Motionplus perhaps?)
11AM- Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now. (Madden 10 probably, could be NCAA 10)
2PM-Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game (EA Sports Active)
5PM-Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game (We Ski & Snowboard ?)
8PM- Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.(Is it football again? Maybe this is NCAA 10)[/QUOTE]

I think 11AM and 8PM are both Madden, just for different systems. 360 and PS3?

Yeah, I was about to come on here and get back at you East Coast people for complaining about the 3 am DotDs. While it is definitely nice to see the new DotD fairly early (midnight), these lightning deals always suck for us West Coast people (and especially me since I stay up extra late - I'm lucky if I can get in on the 11am PDT one) because who the hell wants to get up at 6 to check deals either? But now after seeing the hints, I'll let you early rising East Coasters get all over those deals. They look wonderful.

;)

DotD - Sims 3 PC $29.98

Lightning Deals
6:00am PDT Take the challenge with this Wii video game
9:00am PDT Fore!
11:00am PDT Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now.
2:00pm PDT Grab your Wii nunchuck and get active with this game
5:00pm PDT Take to the ski hills with this action packed Wii game
8:00pm PDT Go long!... virtually, with this video game

...late, that's what I get for typing it up on the PS3 (and being slow because it's 3am)

ugh.. Wii games.. and all of them sound like shovelware.

last one might be Tiger Woods. if it's $25 or less than I'll jump on it

9AM - Fore!

I'm guessing Tiger Woods 10 (the last one sounds more like football), but probably not with the Motion Plus as Amazon is no longer directly selling that bundle.

BUT WAIT, there's more!

If you buy Tiger Woods 10 Wii and a separate Motion Plus add on, Amazon will deduct $10 off your order at the final page.

So if you've got ECA, you get 10% off the $39.99 Tiger Woods Wii costs, plus the discount of the Lightening Deal, plus $10 off if you buy a Motion Plus too.

That could make for a pretty good deal, as it was already $44 for Tiger Woods 10 and Motion Plus before the possibility of a Lightening Deal discount. If Amazon knocks $10 bucks off Tiger Woods 10, you could be looking at $34 for Tiger Woods 10 and a Motion Plus accessory.

This should be very interesting.

The $10 off promotion is still good right now. I hope Amazon won't kill it before they offer the Lightening Deal.

My predictions:

6:00am PDT Take the challenge with this Wii video game - Ultimate Challenge or Outdoor Challenge
9:00am PDT Fore! - Tiger Woods 10
11:00am PDT Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now. - Madden 10
2:00pm PDT Grab your Wii nunchuck and get active with this game - EA Sports Active
5:00pm PDT Take to the ski hills with this action packed Wii game - Wii Skii and Snowboard
8:00pm PDT Go long!... virtually, with this video game - NCAA 10

My guess is the 11 AM and 8 PM games could be for all systems, or maybe not for Wii but for PS3 and/or 360. Possibly the 9 AM game too. So if you're looking for Madden, NCAA, or Tiger Woods on 360 or PS3 this might not be bad.

bread's done
Back