Amazon All Gold Box Event -- LIVE -- Xbox 360 Bonus Offers Aug 28-31 (Updated)

n4styn4t3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Deal of the Day
:pc: The Sims 3 $29.98

Lightning Deals

6 am -- Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game.
9 am -- Fore!
11 am -- Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now.
2 pm -- Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game.
5 pm -- Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game.
8 pm -- Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.

Also the 360 price drops (pro and elite) have hit amazon and they have some bonus offers for those who purchase 360s.

Elite -- Free 12+1 Month Live
Pro -- Free Halo 3, Fable 2, or Halo Wars
Arcade -- Free Lost Odyssey or Banjo - Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='projectmayhem101']46.98, lame[/QUOTE]

dude, the game is 2 weeks old and it's $13 off retail price. how is that lame?

ECA puts it at like 40.

[quote name='confoosious']dude, the game is 2 weeks old and it's $13 off retail price. how is that lame?

ECA puts it at like 40.[/QUOTE]

I'd guess because there were several deals to get it for cheaper at release. That said, this is still a fine deal for a top-selling game that's been out for only a couple weeks.

LOL I paid $35 for Madden at Micro center This GB is a huge fail. I have seen Tiger for 360 at 39.99 to what a joke Amazon. Glad I got such great deal On Batman Now I wish it would get here already. 47.99 free 5 dollar MP3 and another 10 dollar off next purchase was a great deal.

Disappointing. I thought one of the last two would have been for Wii. But neither was and both were at poor prices anyway. Guess I'll wait and get Madden and Tiger Woods later, not like they're going to disappear or anything.

Not a great deal on Madden, but not bad. My price point for something like this is usually $40, but no tax, free shipping, and my fat lazy ass doesn't have to go get it.....tempting.:cool:

Wait for a better deal, or play it sooner rather than later?

They should have just advertised this as a sports/fitness games Gold Box event. That way I'd have known in advance not to pay attention. :) [No offense to you sports game players out there!]

[quote name='gunm']But I'll pass[/QUOTE]

And he goes long!

41.50 with eca/free shipping/no tax on madden. Not bad, but not my type of game.

as someone pointed out, and i agree (as well as find it amusing) that this entire goldbox is sponsored by EA, and yes, it sucks, big time.

I went deep and scored Madden, $41.48 after eca. Now just have to use my 50% off code this weekend. Probably one a 1220g hard drive, but was hoping with the price drop on the console, the hard drive would follow suit. Already have a trade lined up for my 20g...a case of beer:drool:

Just got 25 reward cert from amazon...after gold box, ECA, and 25 gift card 16 bucks...now that's about what I am willing to pay for a Madden game...

[quote name='loserboy']Just got 25 reward cert from amazon...after gold box, ECA, and 25 gift card 16 bucks...now that's about what I am willing to pay for a Madden game...[/QUOTE]

Help a new user out..what does ECA stand for and why is everyone talking about it. If it's like fight club though, PM me the answer. I don't want to get anyone in trouble. ;)

Ugh Amazon was claiming there'd be a bunch of great 360 game deals today... apparently they lied. Bunch of crummy Wii games and Madden 10... not worth mentioning.

[quote name='hibbie']Help a new user out..what does ECA stand for and why is everyone talking about it. If it's like fight club though, PM me the answer. I don't want to get anyone in trouble. ;)[/QUOTE]

ECA is this:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=975

It costs a little money upfront, but you end up saving tons...

[quote name='hibbie']Help a new user out..what does ECA stand for and why is everyone talking about it. If it's like fight club though, PM me the answer. I don't want to get anyone in trouble. ;)[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230169&highlight=theeca.com

Joining the ECA gives its members 10% off all Amazon Video Game purchases + more. $14.99 for college students and the military, $19.99 for others.

Edit: Dang, too slow ;)

[quote name='life.exe']Doesnt really seem worth it unless you buy from Amazon alot.[/QUOTE]Well, of course.

With 4 new games it's already paid itself off as it's taken off more than 5 bucks each.

It is worth it I have already saved around $45-50 on preorders and such. Only thing that kills it for me is that I live in Washington which has a high sales tax.

[quote name='Whipl50']Not a great deal on Madden, but not bad. My price point for something like this is usually $40, but no tax, free shipping, and my fat lazy ass doesn't have to go get it.....tempting.:cool:

Wait for a better deal, or play it sooner rather than later?[/QUOTE]

Fatass FTW! It always wins...:booty: In for one.

It's a sale on a set of games... some of you act like it's a personal insult to you that the games don't appeal to you. First a lot of complaining about 'Wii games only', then when 2 360 games show up on the list, they only get 30% claimed anyway. Meanwhile the casual/sport Wii games are getting 100% claimed.

Obviously, Amazon is not selling to you guys. They are selling to another audience today.

[quote name='shauntu']It's a sale on a set of games... some of you act like it's a personal insult to you that the games don't appeal to you. First a lot of complaining about 'Wii games only', then when 2 360 games show up on the list, they only get 30% claimed anyway. Meanwhile the casual/sport Wii games are getting 100% claimed.

Obviously, Amazon is not selling to you guys. They are selling to another audience today.[/QUOTE]

Bravo. There are so many entitled children here. I can't decide who complains more the "gamers" here or the geeks over at macrumors.

[quote name='shauntu']It's a sale on a set of games... some of you act like it's a personal insult to you that the games don't appeal to you. First a lot of complaining about 'Wii games only', then when 2 360 games show up on the list, they only get 30% claimed anyway. Meanwhile the casual/sport Wii games are getting 100% claimed.

Obviously, Amazon is not selling to you guys. They are selling to another audience today.[/QUOTE]

Complaining should be expected. People here go out of there way to make sure they see what amazon's offering in their gold box. if they announced the next day's deals at 3 pm instead of 3 am there'd be less complaining.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Complaining should be expected. People here go out of there way to make sure they see what amazon's offering in their gold box. if they announced the next day's deals at 3 pm instead of 3 am there'd be less complaining.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they keep complaining that Amazon has a reputation for this. If the kettle is burning, why are you going to keep touching it? Can we get some Pavlov in here?

And EA Sports Active sold out, so Amazon is making somebody happy.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Complaining should be expected. People here go out of there way to make sure they see what amazon's offering in their gold box. if they announced the next day's deals at 3 pm instead of 3 am there'd be less complaining.[/QUOTE]

Oh gee people went out of their way at 3 AM to see what game would be on sale for TWENTY FOUR HOURS?

Those people are idiots.

The first lightening deal didn't start until 6 AM/9AM. Not that big of a stretch to wake up slightly early to view that. If you've ever followed Gold Box before in your life, you know how this works. This is the way Gold Box works every day of the year except for Black Friday if memory serves me correctly.

That seems to exclude 95% of the people posting in this thread. Its amazing how many whiners there are on here, like Amazon should be paying them to take the games or something.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']And EA Sports Active sold out, so Amazon is making somebody happy.[/QUOTE]

For sure. Maybe they aren't actually going through with the purchase, but there's certainly a lot of interest in the Wii games today. The Wii Ski is already on it's way to a 100% claimed as well...

[quote name='dsimmelink']how much was the wii ski and snowboard game? I would have gotten that at the right price....[/quote]
$23.

Wonder when they will be throwing some older games in there. Maybe Gears 2 or the like that are popular and would sell if discounted? I have a feeling, don't know why, that somebody will be discounting copies of Gears 2 and Fable II for C-H-E-A-P because of the wave of GOTY editions coming up.

P.S. Weak deals so far for this Gold Box, but good thread.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Wow what a steaming pile. I remember the days (a few years ago) when the Gold Box days had some real gems.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the deals after realizing I had forgotten about today's gold box.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Well, two hours until we get to see what the next garbage Wii game up for grabs will be.
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Shovelware, it comes along with any popular console.

picked up active for my love. she loves my fitness coach, so this should be good too. wish there was some ps3 games up today, though.

bread's done
Back