Amazon All Gold Box Event -- LIVE -- Xbox 360 Bonus Offers Aug 28-31 (Updated)

n4styn4t3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Deal of the Day
:pc: The Sims 3 $29.98

Lightning Deals

6 am -- Take the Challenge with this Wii Video Game.
9 am -- Fore!
11 am -- Who needs preseason? Get on the gridiron now.
2 pm -- Grab your Wii Nunchuck and Get Active with this game.
5 pm -- Take to the Ski Hills with this action packed Wii Game.
8 pm -- Go Long!... virtually, with this video game.

Also the 360 price drops (pro and elite) have hit amazon and they have some bonus offers for those who purchase 360s.

Elite -- Free 12+1 Month Live
Pro -- Free Halo 3, Fable 2, or Halo Wars
Arcade -- Free Lost Odyssey or Banjo - Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rlse9']I'd say it's Madden. Talking about the preseason in the clue wouldn't fit college football since they don't really have a preseason.

If Tiger Woods or Madden are cheap, I might bite. I just ordered Wii Sports Resort so I've got a MP on the way and I've needed a football game for a long time.[/QUOTE]
Considering that everything else is for Wii, it is most likely Madden Wii.

Wow, disappointing list. I think the guy that said EA is trying to clear out some inventory might actually have it right here.

You would think if they were going to hype it up as this "big video games sale!!!!!!" they would have something more than Wii sports titles. I mean, I have no interest in sports titles, even if they do something like Madden 2010 or Tiger Woods. You'd think they could at least have some genre diversity here. *sigh*

I suppose I should expect this from Gold Box by now (it's usually full of watches, jewelery, and seasonal stuff to be honest). Though I did get Advance Wars 2 for like $16 awhile back, so I was hoping for something like that :(

yeah... i don't mind if they give away a couple wii games. obviously, because "Active Life Outdoor Challenge for Wii" (a game i've never heard of) already sold out, there's a market for it.

however, if one of the deals is madden for the wii.. i will be pissed.

[quote name='nightmare452']Active Life was 100% claimed. WOW!

But the Wii does have the largest install base (also the least knowledgeable base).[/QUOTE]

I resent that remark. I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old. We have long, cold winters in Chicago and both my kids are spazzes and like to jump around. For 30 bucks after ECA it is absolutely worth it...

The "least knowledgeable" to whom you refer are the people who have consistently bashed the Wii which has received much more of my playing time than my 60gb PS3. Between the VC stuff, Tiger Woods, Sports Resort, HOTD, my Wii gets a pretty good workout. My PS3 on the otherhand, I think the last game I played on it was Persona 3 FES. (Of course, my 360, well that's a different story)

[quote name='slidecage']they allow something like this out but put a game out called... The white person game and the black people will be in the streets protesting ...[/QUOTE]

That's pretty ill-informed. The reason there are Historically Black Colleges is due to a history of segregation and racism. What possible reason could there be to have a White College Football Experience? To celebrate racism?

[quote name='loserboy']I resent that remark. I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old. We have long, cold winters in Chicago and both my kids are spazzes and like to jump around. For 30 bucks after ECA it is absolutely worth it...

The "least knowledgeable" to whom you refer are the people who have consistently bashed the Wii which has received much more of my playing time than my 60gb PS3. Between the VC stuff, Tiger Woods, Sports Resort, HOTD, my Wii gets a pretty good workout. My PS3 on the otherhand, I think the last game I played on it was Persona 3 FES. (Of course, my 360, well that's a different story)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the comment wasn't directed at you. Anyone on CAG is several times more knowledgeable than the average Wii owner. I'm in the same situation as you, with kids the same age and winters in Akron/Cleveland aren't much better. But at the same time I don't buy my kids crap games because honestly... they wont play them.

The most used games in my house are always Super Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, WarioWare titles, and an occasional spongebob title.

Doesn't look like anything that i want from today gold deals. I guess i will have to wait until black friday or something to get a great deal.

Actually, if you look at the reviews for "Active Life Outdoor Challenge", it doesn't sound half bad for what it is. Even Game Informer gave it a 7. Really, it's like a more fun version of Wii Fit for kids. I ordered one for that specific reason, to give my kids a more fun way to exercise.

I'm a hard-core gamer, and certainly understand why the rest of you without kids wouldn't see any value at all in it. But don't trash something just because it's not for you. It isn't really complete shovelware like many other Wii titles.

[quote name='illennium']That's pretty ill-informed. The reason there are Historically Black Colleges is due to a history of segregation and racism. What possible reason could there be to have a White College Football Experience? To celebrate racism?[/QUOTE]

well said ill.

I almost went to an HBC (went to the Army instead), it's a very different experience and I was glad to see this game.

FYI: They are certainly not racist. I'm white-ish and they were offering more help than some other premier schools

[quote name='awp']Actually, if you look at the reviews for "Active Life Outdoor Challenge", it doesn't sound half bad for what it is. Even Game Informer gave it a 7. Really, it's like a more fun version of Wii Fit for kids. I ordered one for that specific reason, to give my kids a more fun way to exercise.

I'm a hard-core gamer, and certainly understand why the rest of you without kids wouldn't see any value at all in it. But don't trash something just because it's not for you. It isn't really complete shovelware like many other Wii titles.[/QUOTE]
Hi, let us know how it is when u play it. My son is 8 and maybe he will like it.

can i just say that i love that you guys have kids and still play video games?

in my head, i figured that was one of the things i would just have to give up once i got married and started having kids. glad to know that's not the case.

[quote name='traininvain']can i just say that i love that you guys have kids and still play video games?

in my head, i figured that was one of the things i would just have to give up once i got married and started having kids. glad to know that's not the case.[/QUOTE]

Uh, don't get your hopes up. It all depends on the wife my friend.

$27 Shipped for The Sims 3 after ECA, not bad at all really. I have a friend who is obsessive with The Sims 2 who couldn't get 3 (lack of $$).

I'm hoping we get a Tiger Woods + Motion Plus deal coming up, one of the few Wii games I'd be willing to get at the moment.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Uh, don't get your hopes up. It all depends on the wife my friend.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. It's a continuing saga with my wife - who actually has her own hobbies, but still sees video games as a pointless waste of time.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I can't believe that game sold 100% :lol: Actually I can, but...[/QUOTE]

I've played that game, and it's good, very good actually for what it is. Yea, it's simple and doesn't have any real complexity and the attempted narrative of the "hardcore" games I usually play, but it really does something most other games DON'T.

It gets humans to compete by jumping on a pad, kid or adult, almost inevitably.

It even has a sequel.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I can't believe that game sold 100% :lol: Actually I can, but...[/QUOTE]

I would like ask any of us older gamers, how many of us played Track and Field on the electronic mat that the NES had? How many of us wanted to? I actually threw my back out as a kid because of it.

Now we consider it silly now, but someone new to games its a novelty.

Also, if karaoke is any indication, some people like to be publicly humiliated. :D

Well, that was a complete bust. I was hoping for the Wii version around $25. Oh well, I have enough to play now anyway. Still hoping to see Madden cheap for the next deal.

This is a game that should definitely be played on the Wii if you're able. This is a pretty sad sack deal, even though its an excellent game.

tiger 7 bucks off is stupid. you can get it in store right now for 49.99. anyways im done with this gold box, rest looks like wii heavy cause i bet wii is lagging right now. they should drop the wii to 199 or 179, otherwise its going to get smashed by ps3 and xbox for the rest of its estimated useful life.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Uh, don't get your hopes up. It all depends on the wife my friend.[/QUOTE]

or the husband. I am the wife, and my husband is currently yelling at me to stop buying games, as he is staring at the credit card bill!

[quote name='etschell']tiger 7 bucks off is stupid. you can get it in store right now for 49.99. anyways im done with this gold box, rest looks like wii heavy cause i bet wii is lagging right now. they should drop the wii to 199 or 179, otherwise its going to get smashed by ps3 and xbox for the rest of its estimated useful life.[/QUOTE]

I'm highly doubting this.

Edit: Historically with videogame systems once you've got a market leader, it stays market leader: See: Atari 2600, NES, PSX, PS2.

[quote name='maximumzero']I'm highly doubting this.

Edit: Historically with videogame systems once you've got a market leader, it stays market leader: See: Atari 2600, NES, PSX, PS2.[/QUOTE]

Amazon knows what they're doing. They see the bottom line. And the bottom line is that more people have Wiis in their homes than the PS2, PS3, Xbox, or Xbox 360. Whether you want to call them "real gamers" or not is your call. Amazon is just following the money, like any great business would.

[quote name='traininvain']yeah... i don't mind if they give away a couple wii games. obviously, because "Active Life Outdoor Challenge for Wii" (a game i've never heard of) already sold out, there's a market for it.

however, if one of the deals is madden for the wii.. i will be pissed.[/QUOTE]

Well, there are two deals that look like football games, and I kind of doubt that they'll both be Madden and/or NCAA for the other two consoles.

Usually, a Gold Box that has so much of a Wii and PC concentration would be my kind of thing. Not today, though - no interest in any of these games (maybe Sims 3 eventually, but I can wait until it hits $20 or less), and the "discounts" aren't all that impressive.

[quote name='etschell']tiger 7 bucks off is stupid. you can get it in store right now for 49.99. anyways im done with this gold box, rest looks like wii heavy cause i bet wii is lagging right now. they should drop the wii to 199 or 179, otherwise its going to get smashed by ps3 and xbox for the rest of its estimated useful life.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like wishful thinking. The Wii is already the cheapest option and widely viewed as the most generally accessible console to casual and non-gamers. In the current economy, I can't foresee the Wii losing its lead when both the hardware and (generally speaking) the software are cheaper.

bread's done
Back