Amazon Android AppStore Deal Wiki

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The free versions are in the Amazon Appstore as well, the paid versions are ad-free.

Angry Birds Free[/QUOTE]

OMFG YES! Paid Versions!

No, I'm serious. I HATE HATE HATE the ads in Angry Birds free on Android. Great game, but I gladly paid them $2 for regular and seasons just so I never saw an ad ever again.

And a free version to boot? Thanks Amazon!

I love how people are ripping apart Amazon App Store on the review section of Angry Birds. Its the first day its available and they are offering the most popular game for free. What do you expect to happen?

[quote name='TheKbob']OMFG YES! Paid Versions!

No, I'm serious. I HATE HATE HATE the ads in Angry Birds free on Android. Great game, but I gladly paid them $2 for regular and seasons just so I never saw an ad ever again.

And a free version to boot? Thanks Amazon![/QUOTE]

Slightly inconvenient, but I just turn on airplane mode while playing angry birds. No ads, no problem.

[quote name='TheKbob']OMFG YES! Paid Versions!

And a free version to boot? Thanks Amazon![/QUOTE]

Turn on airplane mode...enjoy blissful angry birds :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Turning on airplane mode means hampering the reason why I have a phone... no thanks. Too annoying to do every time I want to play a game.

For $2.00, I'll take ad free games. Screw ads.

[quote name='TheKbob']Turning on airplane mode means hampering the reason why I have a phone... no thanks. Too annoying to do every time I want to play a game.

For $2.00, I'll take ad free games. Screw ads.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it only needs to be on airplane mode when the game launches. Once you are in, you can hit home, reconnect to the network, and go back to playing. No ads and full service on your phone.

Did the newer one-click root on my htc inspire today (damn you at&t). Pretty easy, thanks OP.

We might as well get a running Amazon Daily Droid App (ADDA?) thread started now huh...I'm excited

Downloaded, but Hold Em Legend won't start on my Archos 101. Oh well. Thanks for sharing and keep the OP updated.

I thought this might be a good idea seeing that amazon just came out with their own app store and offer games free or at a reduced rate everyday now.

Todays free app of the day is: World Series Of Poker: Hold'em Legend

Normally- $4.99

Available today- FREE

Here's the link - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HEPZK0?ie=UTF8&ref=mas_faad

If I missed one like angry birds rio feel free to post it here

Angry birds rio free today- http://www.amazon.com/Rovio-Mobile-...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1291722862&pf_rd_i=507846

reviews are pretty bad for it on the app store with a bunch saying it force closes. Plus the file is like 247mb's apparently, no thanks.

also: amazon needs to fix their review section. The top portion with the avg. stars takes up too much space, and leaves little room for scrolling through the actual reviews

[quote name='elessar123']How do we uninstall apps installed from amazon app store?[/QUOTE]

Same way you uninstall any other app..

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Click on app > Uninstall

[quote name='smoger']Same way you uninstall any other app..

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Click on app > Uninstall[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I usually uninstall it from the Market, and Amazon's app doesn't have that feature.

thanks amazon. bought angry birds, angry birds seasons.

their ads slowed my samsung vibrant down when shooting birds. I would have paid more for ad free.

The description for poker says it has online multiplayer. Is that a misprint? I can't find that option in the game.

[quote name='mkelehan']The description for poker says it has online multiplayer. Is that a misprint? I can't find that option in the game.[/QUOTE]

It has online leaderboards

[quote name='sleepy180']thanks amazon. bought angry birds, angry birds seasons.

their ads slowed my samsung vibrant down when shooting birds. I would have paid more for ad free.[/QUOTE]

angry birds is available ad free on amazon for .99 or turn on airplane mode

[quote name='mkelehan']Offering a free app every day is certainly going to make me come back every morning.

It's because AT&T doesn't allow you to install non-Market apps. They're a little scared at how open Android is.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat man. This Texas Hold'em is fun as hell!

It kind of sucks that they are running this free app a day promotion even though AT&T hasn't fixed it yet. I bet there will be some cool apps that I'll miss out on.

I get the impression it will be a while. If AT&T could have done this really quickly, you'd think that Amazon would have just waited for them before launching.

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']It kind of sucks that they are running this free app a day promotion even though AT&T hasn't fixed it yet. I bet there will be some cool apps that I'll miss out on.

I get the impression it will be a while. If AT&T could have done this really quickly, you'd think that Amazon would have just waited for them before launching.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, I had ATT (aka Mama Bell) for years and hated every drop call moment of it.

for those wondering if they can do this without a phone, i cant say for sure but i think if you know your phone's number then maybe? try setting up the account on your computer and 'buy' the free games. it's worth a shot for the at&t folks as well.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']It has online leaderboards[/QUOTE]

Right, but in addition to that, it says 9 player online multiplayer.

Take your skills online in multiplayer with 9 player games and climb the global rankings

Soooo digging this deal android and amazon has. very well done. Impressed on the daily freebies, and the way they advertise it! A free paid app every day! NICE.

[quote name='mkelehan']Right, but in addition to that, it says 9 player online multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I been playing tournament against bots and i did not see online play option

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The best difference I've found about this compared to the Android Marketplace is that you can sort by rating!!!

What a concept![/QUOTE]

try appbrain app

also i missed the first deal. does anyone know if ad-free version of angry bird runs with smoother framerate than the free version? i'm using LG Optimus V and game gets laggy from time to time.

Gotta say, this is starting off quite nicely. Great apps so far. If only Android had a Game Center sort of thing... friends list + organized achievements would be great

Has anyone tried using apps purchased through Amazon on two different devices ? If I could buy things and have them for both me and my wife that would be perfect. I dont mind installing the Amazon App Store with my credentials on her phone, so that would be extremely nice if so.

I noticed the AZ App Store has a section for managing authorized devices, just didnt know if it was only used for cancelling out one for another in case you exchange a phone or something along those lines.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']does anyone know if ad-free version of angry bird runs with smoother framerate than the free version? i'm using LG Optimus V and game gets laggy from time to time.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this too.

bread's done
Back