Amazon Android AppStore Deal Wiki

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Has anyone tried using apps purchased through Amazon on two different devices ? If I could buy things and have them for both me and my wife that would be perfect. I dont mind installing the Amazon App Store with my credentials on her phone, so that would be extremely nice if so.

I noticed the AZ App Store has a section for managing authorized devices, just didnt know if it was only used for cancelling out one for another in case you exchange a phone or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

It works fine on 2 devices. I just buy the apps on the website and it's there to be downloaded when I run the Appstore on each device.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']try appbrain app

also i missed the first deal. does anyone know if ad-free version of angry bird runs with smoother framerate than the free version? i'm using LG Optimus V and game gets laggy from time to time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm wondering this too.[/QUOTE]

Samsung Vibrant (galaxy s)

the ads always lagged the angry bird games for me, especially recently for some reason. Recently when shooting the framerate would go slideshow on me.
The ad free version is smooooooth as silk now. Definitely worth the .99 + no obtrusive ads. God they always got in the way. + you dont lose your progress. it just updates your version which is niiice.

does anyone know if theres a way to get email/text updates for these new free aps every day? I might not check it everyday but i'de like a reminder of what is free that day? any alerts or anything? thanks

[quote name='tominater12']Shazam encore is the new free app of the day.[/QUOTE]

I kept shazam 1.3 and didn't upgrade since they let you keep on having unlimited searches with that. Through I'm interested in this too to see hat new features have been added.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an old, non-upgraded version of Shazam as well and this one appears to install alongside of it, rather than overwriting ;)

I was grandfathered in to unlimited tagging via Shazam free version since I was an early adopter; I can't say this app is better/worse than Soundhound since I have never used SH; Shazam def does the job though- it's worked successfully around background noise in restaurants etc. Thumbs up!

[quote name='NamPaehc']New keyboard. =p been needing a good one. Anyone know if you can change the color?[/QUOTE]

You can download different skins through the android market for free! I have swype, but I did like this app before. Time to download...

SwiftKey works so much better than the stock keyboard. The autocomplete is so much better. The only thing I'd like to see are some arrow keys on the main kb.

I used swiftkey until I rooted my phone. Now I can use Swype, so I don't see the point of getting swiftkey if you are able to download third-party apps?

I do recommend swiftkey over a stock keyboard any day of the week though

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The Free version is a demo.[/QUOTE]

It was actually Airport Mania: First Flight for free. Its pretty cool but right now its showing up for 99 cents.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You can download different skins through the android market for free! I have swype, but I did like this app before. Time to download...[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You can download different skins through the android market for free! I have swype, but I did like this app before. Time to download...[/QUOTE]

I can only find skins for the better keyboard. What did you search for to find skins for SwiftKey?

There's a few apps I def want, but I keep thinking I should wait incase they become free including

Fruit Ninja
Seek Droid
Easy Tether
Signal Booster

Wishing wishing wishing!

Damn. Missed swiftkey. I opened up the app on Saturday and it still was showing Shazam for free... guess it just didn't update on my phone for some reason. Closed it and re-opened it, and now it's showing diner dash. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Damn. Missed swiftkey. I opened up the app on Saturday and it still was showing Shazam for free... guess it just didn't update on my phone for some reason. Closed it and re-opened it, and now it's showing diner dash. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have had some issues with the app refreshing some screens. I have just been getting the free daily apps from Amazon.com on the PC and then when I load the Amazon App on the phone they are all waiting to download. Seems to work better for me.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't able to find them :( I guess I was using BetterKeyboard a while back because they have themes available for it.

My 8Gb MicroSD card is going to be full by the time Amazon realease all of their apps, lol. Maybe I'll inistall the apps I don't need, lol. They'll always be in my download history, lol.

All I do is delete the apps I don't want. At least that way it is still in my app history so I can install it again for free.

[quote name='ssjmichael']pretty poor reviews for this one so I think I'll stay away.[/QUOTE]
Yea this is getting a lot of poor reviews. A lot seem to be about it not working on tablets but others are saying it doesn't work on the EVO or Atrix. Going to download and try on my captivate anyway.

For some reason after I got Diner Dash 2, it said update then I clicked update and the bar filled all the way up then force closed the appstore. Then when I clicked on the appstore again it wouldn't open and would always force close. So I uninstalled the appstore then installed it again and it worked until I went to update the game again and the same thing happened again. Not sure what's going on. I guess I'm just gonna have to miss out on this one

Edit: Actually it's happens to anything I update through the Appstore.

The game is pretty fun. The bad reviews at mainly from: 1) disgruntled att customers and 2) people who can't really figure out how to install on their phone. I wouldn't put too much stock to any reviews on Amazon appstore at this point.

Just got a droid 2 and I've learned I was quite wrong for dismissing mobile gaming via phone...

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone is having an issue with logging into amazon via their phone? I'm all but positive that I'm not fat fingering my password... yet, no luck.

Also the "Skip Sign In" button seems to just bounce me back to the previous page.

Note: I'm on Verizon and I've gotten far enough to install the app store.

Edit: Weird. It looked like the damn thing just locked up my phone (verifying/authorizing/whatever) but now its installing the app.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yes it is odd trying to figure out what is causing issues; the amazon app or the programs it is installing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can say that again...

Anyhow, I got Angry Birds Rio and a Bar Code Scanner installed so it seems I have it well in order now. (I'm only on 1-21 (or 1-22) on Angry Birds so I really haven't tried Rio yet. That Bar Code scanner is really cool. No need to take a picture or anything. (Though, you do need good lighting.)

[quote name='ssjmichael']pretty poor reviews for this one so I think I'll stay away.[/QUOTE]

You're going by reviews on this FREE game? Come on now, at least try it before deciding to stay away or not. If you don't like it, then just remove it. Like someone said before, at least you'll still have the game connected to your account if you ever want to download it again (this is what I do if I don't find the need for it right now).

Well, Diner Dash 2 doesn't really work on my tablet (Archos 101) either. It starts, but the graphics are somewhat messed up. its still playable and ok for $0, and better than the other free GluMobile game (Poker, which doesn't even load)..

As others have posted, it seems worth it to just add it to your amazon account when its free, then you can decide to download/install it later on your device. Since the AppStore isn't locked to one device (ie I downloaded to my account and can see it on all devices w/ AppStore installed) if I get another phone/etc that supports the app better in the future I'll be able to install it there. That said, I skipped the Shazam app from a few days ago since I would never use it.

based on the reviews I'm not gonna bother with this one

"Why does this simple game need to read our phone state, personal contact data, and sensitive logs? Can't you guys make an honest living instead of selling our personal information? Deleted."

[quote name='buckythekat']based on the reviews I'm not gonna bother with this one

"Why does this simple game need to read our phone state, personal contact data, and sensitive logs? Can't you guys make an honest living instead of selling our personal information? Deleted."[/QUOTE]

I thought the whole point of Amazon Appstore was to put stuff that's reviewed? If this one is malicious, then I don't see a reason to use this over google's market.

[quote name='elessar123']I thought the whole point of Amazon Appstore was to put stuff that's reviewed? If this one is malicious, then I don't see a reason to use this over google's market.[/QUOTE]

That and it seems that these are actually old versions of games like doodle jump. The amazon version is 1.6 while the market version is 1.6.6. I do not think I will buy anything there and just get the free app of the day.

bread's done
Back