Amazon Android AppStore Deal Wiki

[quote name='smoger']The developer probably has them set to install to sd only, instead of "auto"

Why they would do that? I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

No, I can install the Angry Birds FREE to my system when I unmount the SD card through the normal marketplace. However, once I MOUNT my card, I cannot even move/copy to the SD card. I tried two SD cards, no luck (although, they were both identical Sandisk cards).

I know it is a problem and unmounting the card always works, but since the AMAZON App store says I need a SD card, it is not working. Seems odd to me since some phones probably operate without an SD card.

You can't assume that they have the same setting on each version of the game, and you can't even assume that the paid versions of the games are the same ones on each market.

In fact, I'd almost bet that they aren't, because they probably have enough sense to know that if they make the package names the same, that the Android market will keep bugging you to update but not let you because you haven't purchased it from there.

Cliff notes: each version of the game has it's own install setting.. which can be internal, external, or auto.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I wonder this too unless they are trying to use this as a means to advertise their site in general. Otherwise I don't really see anybody actually buying anything and just getting the free stuff.[/QUOTE]

They have done the same thing, giving away a free product, with amazon mp3 for a long time. You can also find discounts daily on albums. So basically I see that they are doing the same thing here.

Who knows, they may end up offering the same free apps a few times.

I like the free version, nice looking widget, 7 day forecast, radar images, weather alerts, etc. But the widget seems to be getting stuck when my phone goes into battery saver mode overnight, and then drains my battery, so I ended up getting rid of it. I went ahead and "purchased" this one, in case there is an update in the future to improve the widget.

[quote name='PerryD']I like the free version, nice looking widget, 7 day forecast, radar images, weather alerts, etc. But the widget seems to be getting stuck when my phone goes into battery saver mode overnight, and then drains my battery, so I ended up getting rid of it. I went ahead and "purchased" this one, in case there is an update in the future to improve the widget.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't happen to me. I actually have been using the free version, so I upgraded.

Has anyone had issues with upgrades offered to our "free" apps? I see SoundHound Infinity has an update available, will it work ok over our free copies from a few days ago? (for some reason I thought I remembered reading somewhere that updates over the free versions weren't always working)

Very happy to see Flight Control today! Had wanted to check it out but am too cheap to pay for these sorts of games usually...

I read that Namco had saddled the Android version of Flight Control with DRM that requires an Internet connection whenever the game is played, but I am able to play Amazon's version offline.

[quote name='Justin42']Has anyone had issues with upgrades offered to our "free" apps? I see SoundHound Infinity has an update available, will it work ok over our free copies from a few days ago? (for some reason I thought I remembered reading somewhere that updates over the free versions weren't always working)

Very happy to see Flight Control today! Had wanted to check it out but am too cheap to pay for these sorts of games usually...[/QUOTE]

Yes, updates work fine. Just update it via Amazon appstore app. You bought the app for $0.00 so the app is connected to your Amazon account. These aren't "free copies." It's the real full versions and you can get any updates. I don't know where you heard about updates not working on these. SoundHound is the first update I've gotten since Amazon appstore started (downloaded all free daily apps since then).

[quote name='Reimu']4/3 - ...Talking Tom Cat

No thanks[/QUOTE]

Lol, you're sure. I previously had this app when it was free. I redownloaded it, and I'm having a ball. You can record the cat and pot it to either Facebook or YouTube. That's pretty awesome.

Just ran into an interesting bug with Amazon's app store and these deals. It was still showing Flight Control as being free for me (the $2.99 price was crossed out and it clearly said "FREE" next to it), even though it was after 3am (12 midnight PST). I thought that maybe it was just a case of them continuing to offer the game for free past the initial 24 hour window, as with Angry Birds Rio, so I went ahead and downloaded it. Shortly after downloading the game, the order confirmation email showed up and said I was being charged $2.99.

I went back and checked the Amazon App Store on my phone and it was still showing the game as free. Even got a picture of it showing up as free, and this was around 3:40am EST. I'm pretty sure Amazon support will adjust the order to reflect the price I was being shown, or reverse the order completely, but still something to keep in mind.

Loving these free apps. My phone's memory sucks though. Tried the free version of this before and liked it but I'm not gonna delete any of my apps to install this. Did purchase it though.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Just ran into an interesting bug with Amazon's app store and these deals. It was still showing Flight Control as being free for me (the $2.99 price was crossed out and it clearly said "FREE" next to it), even though it was after 3am (12 midnight PST). I thought that maybe it was just a case of them continuing to offer the game for free past the initial 24 hour window, as with Angry Birds Rio, so I went ahead and downloaded it. Shortly after downloading the game, the order confirmation email showed up and said I was being charged $2.99.

I went back and checked the Amazon App Store on my phone and it was still showing the game as free. Even got a picture of it showing up as free, and this was around 3:40am EST. I'm pretty sure Amazon support will adjust the order to reflect the price I was being shown, or reverse the order completely, but still something to keep in mind.[/QUOTE]

I have had this happen as well and had to exit the appstore and then run the two app killers I have. That was the only way I could see the new app. This has happend 2 or 3 times for me. I'm just glad that every time it was an app that I downloaded the day before.

When you get these free apps, do they download automatically to your phone or can you just purchase them and have those purchases saved under your Amazon account for later use?

[quote name='Flesseck']When you get these free apps, do they download automatically to your phone or can you just purchase them and have those purchases saved under your Amazon account for later use?[/QUOTE]

On the phone it auto-downloads, but on the website you can purchase for free and download later

Dumb question, but is there anyway to download the app store on my pc and get the games now? I don't have a smartphone yet, but plan to in the future.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Dumb question, but is there anyway to download the app store on my pc and get the games now? I don't have a smartphone yet, but plan to in the future.[/QUOTE]

I do think they have the appstore on amazon's website to browse and add them to your downloads. I have my phone linked with my Amazon account but added my girlfriend's phone and it let me add whatever to it.

BTW, I love this compared to the normal app market. Some quality stuff.

It's Angry Birds: RIO again, this time they added (ad-free) in the title of the app, but its the same as was offered before.

Hmm, and I thought it had remained free since day 1? Could be mistaken. Pretty lame for the last 2 days, but I guess they can't always be giving away the best of the best.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Hmm, and I thought it had remained free since day 1? Could be mistaken. Pretty lame for the last 2 days, but I guess they can't always be giving away the best of the best.[/QUOTE]

I think it was free for people who signed up for the app or something.

[quote name='seen']It's Angry Birds: RIO again, this time they added (ad-free) in the title of the app, but its the same as was offered before.[/QUOTE]

I saw that and I was disappointed, lol. Can't get everything for free. Lol

I really hope SPB Shell 3D is put up for free on the appstore however I see 2 things stopping that. The first is I don't even think it is on the appstore and the other is the price. I don't see a 14.99 app being put up for free.

[quote name='Twin65050']Airport Mania is still free for those that are wondering. (If anyone was wondering)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is really weird.

I keep getting errors while trying to download back breaker though.

>>nvm, it is dl'n now.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm downloading both games! This is first thread that I check every morning, lol.[/QUOTE]

This is the one thread you don't really need to. Just open the App Store app on your phone and you'll see the DotD.

[quote name='Decker']This is the one thread you don't really need to. Just open the App Store app on your phone and you'll see the DotD.[/QUOTE]

But if CAG is the first page that you check every day (as it should be ;) ), then it would make sense for this page to be the poster's first link

bread's done
Back