Amazon Android AppStore Deal Wiki

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Just browse through wi-fi. The themes are awesome. I have the honeycomb one but the angry bird one is sweet![/QUOTE]

I got the honeycomb one also. I was able to get it set up so when I pressed the time it launched the same app as the stock clock/weather widget on my EVO. I was also able to get it to do the same with the weather when I pressed the weather symbol. However when I go to refresh it like I would normally do on the HTC time/weather widget the FW one does not update. Anyway to fix this? I like to refresh the weather when I look at it some times and would like it to update on the widget also. I know I can just keep the part that says the H/L set up to go into the FW setup and refresh that way but I would think I would be able to update it like I have been with the one from HTC? I'm trying to get it set up like the stock one but have the honeycomb look.

[quote name='Calinks']Ok, this new app, I have no idea how it works. I click it and get some menus but they don't do anything.[/QUOTE]

long press on your homescreen and you should see it listed in the widgets section. drag it to one of your home screens

(assuming that 2.x widgets work on 3.0.. i haven't heard that they don't, so you should be good.)

today's app is Roller.. I bought this a while back on the Android Market and it's a really decent little skeeball game.

I love that the 'walls' of the lane make the ball bounce off because that's how I play in real life (100 or nothin'!). A few other skeeball apps I tried didn't have this mechanic.

This is also a perfect phone game because you can launch it and be INTO the game within 2 seconds.. nothing I hate more than phone games that force you to sit through 20-30 seconds of splash screens and menus before you're playing.

Is the appstore force closing on anyone else? It tells me I have 1 app to download & install but I have downloaded it and installed it then later on deleted it. I get this from time to time when I download one of the apps of the day and end up not wanting it. I also get the force close when I try to update angry birds seasons.

Also is their a way to set it up so that it auto updates all apps installed or at least tells me like the market place does.

Missed business calendar :( Seems like it would be a nice calendar alternative to my stock one. Oh well. Today's game (Majesty) looks kinda neat.

I really want to get a new lock screen but the only one I found to use you have to pay for. I really don't want to buy it because in the back of my mind I keep thinking amazon will put it up. Does this happen with anyone else?

[quote name='sendme']I really want to get a new lock screen but the only one I found to use you have to pay for. I really don't want to buy it because in the back of my mind I keep thinking amazon will put it up. Does this happen with anyone else?[/QUOTE]

No, if you want/need an app, support the devs and get it, its only a couple bucks and you will not catch on fire once you pay for an app, trust me.

Yeah but that can add up if the app does not do what I'm looking for. The Lockbot app is 3.49 and that isn't much but after being able to see what it does I'm glad I didn't spend that much. I'm looking for a lock screen like the one on honeycomb and Lockbot has something that looks like it but does not act like it so for me is not worth the 3.49 when I have an app that for me does nothing. I may change my mind later and buy but as of right not have not interest in it if it does not do what I want. A couble of bucks adds up when the apps are not what you expect.

[quote name='blitz6speed']I dont like anything other then stock lock screens myself, the Sense 3.0 lock screen is mind blowing tho.[/QUOTE]

Same. I just wish more apps could integrate controls onto the lock screen, like the default music player does.

[quote name='Calinks']Wow that game they gave out today is awesome. I'm hooked! Great free app.[/QUOTE]

hexdefense? I can't even pass the first damned level yet!

[quote name='Lord_Zath']hexdefense? I can't even pass the first damned level yet![/QUOTE]
I was having a hard time with it too, until I realized that you can upgrade units. I had been stupidly filling the screen with level 1 units and watching the enemies skate by them and cursing. Really you just need a handful of well-placed and high level units to win the game. I'm a few levels in now and two LV4 Greens on on the same line pwn all.

Yea, hex defense is really fun but hard. Level 3 is killing me. When wave 13 or 14 come out, they are unstoppable. I'm going to try using the green things more.

[quote name='Calinks']Yea, hex defense is really fun but hard. Level 3 is killing me. When wave 13 or 14 come out, they are unstoppable. I'm going to try using the green things more.[/QUOTE]

I really like using the missile launchers upgraded. They blow everything away.

[quote name='freeorelse']Tagged for arrival of my Droid X tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Congrats. I still find no phone on the market that I like more. When there's a dual core 4G phone with good battery life though...

[quote name='elessar123']Congrats. I still find no phone on the market that I like more. When there's a dual core 4G phone with good battery life though...[/QUOTE]
Thanks. This is my first smartphone . Now I just need to find some cool timesaving (timewasting) apps. ;)

I tried out HexDefense, and ended up playing for about 45 minutes. It's the first phone game I've actually enjoyed playing, and I've played Angry Bird, Doodle Jump, Nethack, Pew Pew, etc. If there was a sequel, preferably with more weapons, I'd gladly pay for it.

My only gripe is that the most expensive weapon also seems by far the weakest. The laser is awesome though.

The pace to me is perfect. I never liked Desktop Tower Defense because out was too slow. I did play a lot of Starcraft and Warcraft 3 tower defense maps though, and the pace is on par with those.

I love Hex defense probably my favorite game. Actually its right behind Game Dev Story. The music, visuals, strategy is all awesome in hex. I just wish there were more levels or waves. I now feel like the Hex defense master, I'm cruising through. Looploop is so right about the green lasers though, they are THE BEST weapon in the game when powered up.

Basically put them in a position where they got a direct line of fire on multiple enemies and you will clean house. A well placed laser turret is key to every stage I have played so far.

Sonofa - Hex Defense was Saturdays (April 30ths) free app? Cause I apparently missed that day. I haven't missed a day and I missed that one, and now I really want to play it. I guess I'll have to part with $1.50.

[quote name='Calinks']That shark game is terrible on the xoom.[/QUOTE]

What are apps like on Honeycomb? I know very few have been made specifically for the OS, but I was under the impression that apps made right on Android can work well on any form factor with very little modification. So, what's your impression? Is it painfully lacking, so-so, or better than the reviews all claim?

I have only had a few apps out of the dozen or so that I tried that gave me issue. The shark game and one other game didn't work well or at all. Most things play well though when more apps get made for honeycomb it will be even better. Games like Hex defense, Angry birds, etc look fantastic.

Another small issue is that lot of games wont let you play in landscape mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to suggest that there be a historical list of these free apps in the OP. I was away for a week and would like to know what I missed, also, it may be interesting to track how often they repeat offers.

[quote name='GT']I'd like to suggest that there be a historical list of these free apps in the OP. I was away for a week and would like to know what I missed, also, it may be interesting to track how often they repeat offers.[/QUOTE]
This could easily be done if people would put the title in the revision note. Rather than clutter the OP, people could simply view the history log to see what was added that day. This is pretty much on the wiki writers to follow, though.

I'm liking. For my xoom it's better than the default keyboard in portrait. Nice app. Amazon has given me some good things.

Can't wait for PvZ! Just hope it doesn't rape my batter life as much as Angry Birds (probably because I have the add supported one so it's also using data)

[quote name='Twin65050']Yes!!! Today's free app is Baseball Superstars 2011. This is the one I've been waiting for.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I love 2010 so I can't wait to get into this one.

I tried the more realistic baseball sim but even with the cartoonie characters this series is superior.

[quote name='GT']I'd like to suggest that there be a historical list of these free apps in the OP. I was away for a week and would like to know what I missed, also, it may be interesting to track how often they repeat offers.[/QUOTE]

I put up the month of March. I have got every app from day one so I can put them all up. However it will be one month at a time. All will be in order that they came up.

Plants Vs Zombies works perfectly on my thunderbolt running gingerbread 2.3.4, looks so nice too. I got it from the website for 0.00, then downloaded it from my phone. Just need peggle and then ill never even contemplate a apple device again.

bread's done
Back