Amazon Android AppStore Deal Wiki

I was getting some massive slowdown here and there on Pac-Man, so I uninstalled it. Old classic, but not worth the SD space honestly.

Can't believe they charge a monthly fee but deal for someone who might use this:

"Customers who are interested in Shopping apps might like to know that Out of Milk (Limited Edition) is now available. This popular app keeps track of your grocery list, lets you scan barcodes, and more. Out of Milk Pro, releasing soon, will have a monthly subscription fee of $1.99. For a limited time, you can pay a one-time price of $4.99--only at the Amazon Appstore for Android--and skip the monthly fee for life"

We need this thread back in deals forum now that amazon is discounting things like this and plant vs zombies as an example.

Kind of feel stupid for paying 10 bucks or so for PVZ on the 360. The android version is the same thing for a fraction of the price. Worse still, if I want to I can hook my xoom up to my TV and get largely the same experience.

I'm glad I didn't buy PVZ and got it for free. It's relatively fun, but I'm not a fan of tower defense games without paths, but is just a giant empty rectangle.

Glow Hockey 2 Pro is free today on the Amazon App Store.

Messed with it a good bit and seems pretty solid. There's several different table options, you can change the color of your paddle, and there's 3 game modes. Single player, multi player (only on the same phone iirc), and championship mode which is single player but it gets progressively harder as it goes on.

Anyone know if star trader rpg has ever been a daily free app? I'm obssessed with the free version of this game!

Didn't see it in my list of apps so if it was posted like Newsweek was it was never a free app. As far as I know Newsweek was the only one that was posted in the middle of the day on the same day as another app being posted.

Also I still plan on getting a full list of all apps posted I have just had things come up and didn't have much time to look up every app and post it.

Update: Added PopCap's Peggle to the Appstore wiki. Updated some information, removed erroneous data and tweaked the presentation a bit, hope nobody minds.

[quote name='sendme']Also I still plan on getting a full list of all apps posted I have just had things come up and didn't have much time to look up every app and post it.[/QUOTE]

I added a link to the OP that goes to a forum that is keeping a list of all the apps offered from the beginning.

[quote name='redfusion']Doodle Fit is fun as hell. It's like stationary tetris, but you fit blocks inside certain shapes, and everything looks hand drawn[/QUOTE]

Yea, I downloaded it cause it looked like tangrams. Haven't tried it yet.

@GrilledWitOnions: You should try it anyways. Works just fine on my GTab running Brilliant Corners.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Not compatible with tablets? Really lame.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sykotek']@GrilledWitOnions: You should try it anyways. Works just fine on my GTab running Brilliant Corners.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I also noticed that but dl'd anyway. I have a Kyros 7022

Played thru 100 levels on easy without any problems. I'll try the higher difficulties later in the afternoon, but don't expect any problems.

Download it and see how it runs.

[quote name='rbarba4']Yeah, I also noticed that but dl'd anyway. I have a Kyros 7022

Played thru 100 levels on easy without any problems. I'll try the higher difficulties later in the afternoon, but don't expect any problems.

Download it and see how it runs.[/QUOTE]

I did try it on my transformer. It started fine, although a few words seemed to be cut off (like it would say "to start" when I assume it should have said "touch to start"). When it got to the game itself, the screen was black except for options.

I've been playing fieldrunners HD all day now; it sometimes loads to a black screen but when iit actually loads the map its pretty much flawless. Hopefully the dev works these iissues out as they are pretty minor (except the part where I cant play the game heh)

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Not compatible with tablets? Really lame.[/QUOTE]

Works just fine on the nook color with CM7. I love gaming on the nook so much, blows away gaming on the phone.

[quote name='AXV1']Age of Zombies is free for today...
Wi-Fi Download only[/QUOTE]

Also works lovely on the nook color. Fantastic controls too.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I've been playing fieldrunners HD all day now; it sometimes loads to a black screen but when iit actually loads the map its pretty much flawless. Hopefully the dev works these iissues out as they are pretty minor (except the part where I cant play the game heh)[/QUOTE]

Glad it's (mostly) working for you. Spent most of the playtime today on medium. Never had problems with black screens but did notice that during some of the crazier waves I would lose the sound effects. Music continued to play though.

Funny enough, I am getting the occasional black screen with today's free app, Age of Zombies. When it happens, I have to hit the Home button on my tablet then reload the game to get it to play.

But I can't complain since they were free.

Found out that with fieldrunners you can do a quick two finger pinch to zoom and it will restore the graphics. Game is great!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blitz6speed']Works just fine on the nook color with CM7. I love gaming on the nook so much, blows away gaming on the phone.

Also works lovely on the nook color. Fantastic controls too.[/QUOTE]
I like the game except for the grenade control. If the gun control isn't on the screen you first have to get it to appear and then hit the grenade button.

[quote name='Clak']I like the game except for the grenade control. If the gun control isn't on the screen you first have to get it to appear and then hit the grenade button.[/QUOTE]

Well what do you expect for touch screen controls lol. Still a lot of fun.

[quote name='Calinks']I can't get into field runners. Seems like there are too many waves for me or something.[/QUOTE]
The only TD game I could ever get into was PvZ. Conventional ones just bore the fuck out of me.

Odd. I checked the free app for today right when it switched over early tis morning and it was Airport Mania. Now it's Lingrove. Do they do multiple deals a da like that or did I just get lucky and catch a mistake before it was fixed?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Odd. I checked the free app for today right when it switched over early tis morning and it was Airport Mania. Now it's Lingrove. Do they do multiple deals a da like that or did I just get lucky and catch a mistake before it was fixed?[/QUOTE]

They're both still free. I don't think AM is actually a "free app of the day" in that it's not featured on the front page(was it earlier?). Just a promo of some sort.. and they did tweet both of them this morning.

It was the free app yesterday I think. I know the past 2 days it was that and Farkle Dice. Do't know why Lingrove is up. This is the second or third time the app of the day has changed during the day.

They did a midday switch on the Amazon Free App of the Day. Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips is free. Go grab it - the first one was pretty good!

[quote name='fatboyjam']They did a midday switch on the Amazon Free App of the Day. Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips is free. Go grab it - the first one was pretty good![/QUOTE]

Gone already.

Today's free game is I Must Run! I'm pretty excited for it, seeing as if I just downloaded the mini off the PS3 for free :)

enjoy!

bread's done
Back