Amazon Anime Sale.

Anyone know how often Sentai Filmworks anime titles go on sale?

I want to buy and support The World God Only Knows since it's on sale for $40, but that price is still a little too steep for me. I know Funi titles go on sale a lot, but if Sentai's stuff doesn't, I might just order it now.

[quote name='aerozero']Anyone know how often Sentai Filmworks anime titles go on sale?

I want to buy and support The World God Only Knows since it's on sale for $40, but that price is still a little too steep for me. I know Funi titles go on sale a lot, but if Sentai's stuff doesn't, I might just order it now.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen Sentai's stuff on sale at Amazon. It's usually Funimation stuff that they have during sales. Although there's a few Bandai titles on sale from time-to-time(although that's bound to stop now).

I don't know that's due to their distribution from Sentai or what. They usually sell Sentai's stuff close to MSRP.

[quote name='aerozero']Anyone know how often Sentai Filmworks anime titles go on sale?

I want to buy and support The World God Only Knows since it's on sale for $40, but that price is still a little too steep for me. I know Funi titles go on sale a lot, but if Sentai's stuff doesn't, I might just order it now.[/QUOTE]If you have a gotanime membership at rightstuf then you could get it for $37.79 along with something else from Sentai to get the free shipping.

Yeah I don't get why Sentai and Bandai always have expensive prices for their bluray and dvd box sets. FUNimation always seems to win and puts the right price. I look at my collection and I have a lot of FUNimation stuff. I have some older Bandai and ADV films titles that were good prices. The only Sentai Filmworks title I have is Xam'd on Bluray and the last Bandai title I got was The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on Bluray.

[quote name='slowdive21']umm, don't know if there is an anime thread anymore, but I went to Best Buy today and 90% of their anime section was gone. I am not sure if they are doing inventory or if they are having another blowout.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I went to Best Buy the other day and noticed everything is almost empty. The only anime dvds I see are single random volumes and a few box sets. It's like they're cleaning out the anime section and possibly take it out.

That is nothing new around here nearest Best Buy to me cut the anime section down to just half of one shelf and even then nothing but some random Dragon Ball Z dvds . The other locations in the area I have visited have done similar things with either just cutting it out almost completely or just mixing anime dvds in with the live action now.

Damn, I should think about selling my Akira. I have the first press edition with the slipcover box. I wonder how fast it would sell.

Not sure if this would interest anyone, but the just-released Code Geass R2 Complete Collection is on sale at Amazon for $29.99.

Personally, I'm waiting for something closer to $20.

I'd pick it up any Bandai releases and quick (old or new) because there are rumors of all their titles getting discontinued.

Doubt any of the new releases are going anywhere for at least a year but I agree about that older stuff that will be the first to go when they stop printing.

Right Bandai said before they will replenish as needed so it all comes down to if they will stick to that. Stuff like Code Geass season 1 which isn't even that old a release I expect to be reprinted . Right now I need to decide if I want the Escaflowne and Akira blu-rays even though I wasn't crazy about either movie.

[quote name='coolsteel']Right Bandai said before they will replenish as needed so it all comes down to if they will stick to that. Stuff like Code Geass season 1 which isn't even that old a release I expect to be reprinted . Right now I need to decide if I want the Escaflowne and Akira blu-rays even though I wasn't crazy about either movie.[/QUOTE]

Akira is long out of print, along with all of the other Honneamise titles. Cheapest on Amazon.com is $75 used, but I imagine you might still be able to find it locally or on eBay eventually for less than Amazon.

I'd much rather get Escaflowne the series on blu-ray, as the movie has zero interest from me. (if it were available of course :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna pick up Gundam 00 Season 1, but I'll probably grab Season 2 and Code Geass R2 whenever they get closer to $20.

I really hope Bandai is cool and licenses shit out to other companies for release.

bread's done
Back