Amazon Anime Sale.

[quote name='Zaku77']That is the save edition. The wrapping should have had a little save logo on it. There is no save stuff anywhere on the actual product though, just the wrapper.[/QUOTE]

It actually didn't say it on the wrapping either. I always thought the S.A.V.E. editions were the ones with the single case, but the discs were multi-layered inside upon each other. At least that's how my other S.A.V.E. editions are.

Picked up the first 2 seasons of Spice and Wolf along with the first novel. Its always been one of my favorites, now I don't have to feel guilty about not owning them.

[quote name='Capocci 007']It actually didn't say it on the wrapping either. I always thought the S.A.V.E. editions were the ones with the single case, but the discs were multi-layered inside upon each other. At least that's how my other S.A.V.E. editions are.[/QUOTE]

I have the same one as you that I bought last year and mine has the S.A.V.E. sticker. Not sure why it doesn't have that on yourrs. Also, I have a S.A.V.E. copy of School Rumble Semester 2 and it's the same kind of packaging, a carboard slipcase with two slimpaks inside

Can anyone recommend Kanon? The S.A.V.E. boxset is in my Gold Box today for $9.97...

I know it's frequently compared to Clannad (I also know it really shouldn't be beyond its art style--an Amazon review stated that "Clannad is a romance/drama with comedy and some mystery. Kanon is a mystery/drama with comedy and some romance."), but I'm loving that series right now, so would I similarly enjoy Kanon?

EDIT: Just to add another recommendation question, how is Welcome to the N.H.K.? I've shied away from it because I'm not one for TV-MA anime with a potentially raunchy focus, but from what I'm reading, it might actually be an intelligent anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Can anyone recommend Kanon? The S.A.V.E. boxset is in my Gold Box today for $9.97...

I know it's frequently compared to Clannad (I also know it really shouldn't be beyond its art style--an Amazon review stated that "Clannad is a romance/drama with comedy and some mystery. Kanon is a mystery/drama with comedy and some romance."), but I'm loving that series right now, so would I similarly enjoy Kanon?[/QUOTE]I heard it was good, but not Clannad good. I'm tempted to pick it up myself. I already picked up Air for $8 recently.

[quote name='Squall835']If you haven't started it yet, you should crack it open asap. I bought that series as it was initially released and liked it a lot.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']I think he meant he wants to sell it, cause it's sealed, and watch it streamed...

Then again, I know him from the garage sale threads.
So actually, I know that's what he means =P
[/QUOTE]

That's right! :lol: I didn't know if a website like hulu, netflix, redbox, or blockbuster kiosks had it. (I don't have any of those services, but I would sign up if I could watch the series)

I've seen only the first Kanon series, and actually played the game. It's ok. Better than most dating sim stories at the time, but not that great still.

[quote name='Vigilante']Can anyone recommend Kanon? The S.A.V.E. boxset is in my Gold Box today for $9.97...

I know it's frequently compared to Clannad (I also know it really shouldn't be beyond its art style--an Amazon review stated that "Clannad is a romance/drama with comedy and some mystery. Kanon is a mystery/drama with comedy and some romance."), but I'm loving that series right now, so would I similarly enjoy Kanon?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you like Clannad, you'll like Kanon. Even if you didn't like Clannad, Kanon is a good show on its own merits. And at that price, it's a steal!

I know it's frequently compared to Clannad (I also know it really shouldn't be beyond its art style--an Amazon review stated that "Clannad is a romance/drama with comedy and some mystery. Kanon is a mystery/drama with comedy and some romance."), but I'm loving that series right now, so would I similarly enjoy Kanon?

EDIT: Just to add another recommendation question, how is Welcome to the N.H.K.? I've shied away from it because I'm not one for TV-MA anime with a potentially raunchy focus, but from what I'm reading, it might actually be an intelligent anime.[/QUOTE]

I liked Clannad better, but if you like Clannad, you'll like Kanon too.

Actually, in many ways, Clannad actually feels like an evolved version of Kanon... (And that's about all I can say without spoiling anything :))

[quote name='ducttapeBigSexy']I liked Clannad better, but if you like Clannad, you'll like Kanon too.

Actually, in many ways, Clannad actually feels like an evolved version of Kanon... (And that's about all I can say without spoiling anything :))[/QUOTE]

Well, Key did Kanon, then Air, then Clannad...

[quote name='Royal High Knight']all these seals are only until monday? Want to get some anime but hae to wait till friday. :([/QUOTE]

No. I think they last till the 23rd...

[quote name='kyrhon']No. I think they last till the 23rd...[/QUOTE]

I can only prey that your right. Man I want those yuyu blu rays and dbz and dbz gt seasons.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I can only prey that your right. Man I want those yuyu blu rays and dbz and dbz gt seasons.[/QUOTE]

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11020370-post107.html

Here ya go buddy!

And like Zaku said... do not buy GT unless you've seen it already and are one of the few people who like it. If that's the case, then all the more power to ya.

Gt isnt that bad. Its ok. Like a 5-6.5 out of 10. It brings back alot of memories of me watching it and then going the next day to school and discussing what happened with my friends at the lunch table.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Gt isnt that bad. Its ok. Like a 5-6.5 out of 10. It brings back alot of memories of me watching it and then going the next day to school and discussing what happened with my friends at the lunch table.[/QUOTE]

I personally thought it was awful in comparison to the original and DBZ.
But I gotta agree with you on the whole lunch table thing. It was always fun discussing the latest episode with friends back in the days for whatever show was popular during that time.

After marathoning Welcome to the N.H.K. in its entirety yesterday, I have to give it the highest recommendation! This show has such a good mixture of somber/serious and goofy/hilarious. The character development is also really enthralling. It's super cheap right now, so buy it!

[quote name='Zaku77']After marathoning Welcome to the N.H.K. in its entirety yesterday, I have to give it the highest recommendation! This show has such a good mixture of somber/serious and goofy/hilarious. The character development is also really enthralling. It's super cheap right now, so buy it![/QUOTE]I have it. Just need to start it sometime.

[quote name='Zaku77']After marathoning Welcome to the N.H.K. in its entirety yesterday, I have to give it the highest recommendation! This show has such a good mixture of somber/serious and goofy/hilarious. The character development is also really enthralling. It's super cheap right now, so buy it![/QUOTE]

One of my favorites as well---highly recommended for fans of the "slice-of-life" genre. I was able to get a copy on Amazon this past Thursday right before they ran out. Should be arriving tomorrow :cool:

[quote name='elessar123']About 170 episodes?[/QUOTE]

I know the episodes are cut down in Kai?

But compared to the original series what is the difference.

[quote name='Zaku77']After marathoning Welcome to the N.H.K. in its entirety yesterday, I have to give it the highest recommendation! This show has such a good mixture of somber/serious and goofy/hilarious. The character development is also really enthralling. It's super cheap right now, so buy it![/QUOTE]I hope it shows up in my Quick Picks again before this sale ends--sure, I'd just be saving $0.52, but with the economy the way it is...;)

If it doesn't appear before 12/23, I'll just pick it up anyway. :)

[quote name='Mako1215']I know the episodes are cut down in Kai?

But compared to the original series what is the difference.[/QUOTE]

All filler is gone, so it follows the manga and moves way quicker. It stops after Cell, so no Majin Buu. It has some redrawn "HD" sequences, and much of the voice acting is completely redone and sound WAY better. It's a lot more natural and doesn't sound so fake and forced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I really want to pick up Dragon Box 7 to finish off the set, but I'm tempted to wait and see if it gets as cheap as 4 and 6 (about 20 bucks). Decisions, decisions...

Did anyone like slayers? I couldnt help but notice the whole first 3 seasons 1725 minutes for $20, I have to say that sounds like alot for 20 but I was wondering what people thought of this series.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Did anyone like slayers? I couldnt help but notice the whole first 3 seasons 1725 minutes for $20, I have to say that sounds like alot for 20 but I was wondering what people thought of this series.[/QUOTE]

I think it's great personally well worth checking out. I've watched it many times over the years. Also picked it up myself in this sale.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Did anyone like slayers? I couldnt help but notice the whole first 3 seasons 1725 minutes for $20, I have to say that sounds like alot for 20 but I was wondering what people thought of this series.[/QUOTE]

oh hell yeah!!! slayers is an AWESOME series. very enjoyable whacky fantasty. there's a reason it made 3 seasons, ovas, movies AND came back for 2 more seasons a few years ago.

[quote name='wormraper']oh hell yeah!!! slayers is an AWESOME series. very enjoyable whacky fantasty. there's a reason it made 3 seasons, ovas, movies AND came back for 2 more seasons a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

I think it's great personally well worth checking out. I've watched it many times over the years. Also picked it up myself in this sale.

Thanks for the recomendations, will pick it up if my wallet starts feeling better before the sale ends.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Thanks for the recomendations, will pick it up if my wallet starts feeling better before the sale ends.[/QUOTE]

check out slayers season 4 and 5 if you can as well. more Lina Inverse is never bad :D

Have you guys been getting any of these titles to appear in your Quick Picks? I've been cleaning up my recommendations just can seemed to get anything to appear, I was just wondering if the sale made them excluded.

[quote name='Caddywompus21']Have you guys been getting any of these titles to appear in your Quick Picks? I've been cleaning up my recommendations just can seemed to get anything to appear, I was just wondering if the sale made them excluded.[/QUOTE]

Just one and that was Samurai 7 back on 12/3 not sure if others appeared just know I haven't ordered any.

The new slayers REvolutionR release probably doesn't contain the JP credits due to Funimation "recent" lack of alternate angles on their DVDs. The old slayers 1-3 season do have JP credits thou.

Welcome to the NHK (S.A.V.E.) finally showed up in my Quick Picks again today for $9.97, so I picked that up. Hopefully I'll enjoy it as others have. :D

[quote name='snowmint']The new slayers REvolutionR release probably doesn't contain the JP credits due to Funimation "recent" lack of alternate angles on their DVDs. The old slayers 1-3 season do have JP credits thou.[/QUOTE]

thanks!! going to ordered it the 3 season box set cause i doubt japan nor funi going to release in BD, also i watched this when i was small back home in tv where everything with japan credits on, just for nostalgia :)

and i dont get what you mean on the REvolutionR lack of alternate angels...care to explain?

[quote name='Vigilante']Welcome to the NHK (S.A.V.E.) finally showed up in my Quick Picks again today for $9.97, so I picked that up. Hopefully I'll enjoy it as others have. :D[/QUOTE]That's awesome you got it that cheap.

[quote name='Vigilante']Welcome to the NHK (S.A.V.E.) finally showed up in my Quick Picks again today for $9.97, so I picked that up. Hopefully I'll enjoy it as others have. :D[/QUOTE]

They show it in stock but Mine is still on backorder and waiting. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Rogueleader17']They show it in stock but Mine is still on backorder and waiting. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I ordered it Monday and it said at least a week to ship on the description page.

My NHK has said shipping soon for about a week now, and my complete set of blu ray DBZ kais have not shipped yet either (after ordering them a couple of days after this sale was posted), but still has an estimated delivery of the 28th.

If its sent through USPS, than its to be expected with all the Christmas presents being sent in mass all over the country around this time.

bread's done
Back