Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='earvcunanan']Limited Edition bundle of the latest installment in a classic series.

Could it possibly be the Metroid Prime Collection?[/QUOTE]

Metroid Prime is Collector's Edition. I don't know... I'm still guessing Tekken LE bundle. (Although I was wrong about the whole "go" guess for the console earlier...)

Holy crap, time to spend money again...

BioShock, ACII for PS3.

Maybe ToV... still waiting for a NA PS3 release but it's nowhere to be found.

I'm guessing the Limited Edition bundle is Tekken 6... since they don't really have any other LE's in stock that are "classics"

Does anyone know if their BioShock ship with the slipcover or not?

[quote name='Bigandtasty']Hints this time around:

6AM PST

Get ready to rumble! (Ready to Rumble Revolution, FNR4? Maybe an outside chance of Punch-Out?)

8AM PST

Don't let Jigsaw get the best of you (SAW)

9AM PST

Little sisters can be such a pain (Googling this gets nothing, but Little Sisters don't attack you in BioShock. Nonetheless, my guess is BioShock)

The world of Bakugan comes alive! (Bakugan Battle Brawlers)

Hit the streets in this PS3 racing game (NFS: Shift)

10AM PST

Guinness World Record holder for "Most Critically Acclaimed Superhero Game Ever" (Arkham Asylum!)

12AM PST

Epic tale of power and corruption. (Assassin's Creed II)

Become the ultimate big-game hunter. (Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010)

Gaming on the go! (PSP Go?)

Illegal street racing for the Xbox 360 with no track, no load times, no rules. (Midnight Club Los Angeles)

Step right up to this family game for the Wii. (Carnival Games)

3 PM PST

Limited Edition bundle of the latest installment in a classic series. (???)

6PM PST

Gripping tale of a young hero on a quest for justice, trust and friendship (Tales of Vesperia)

8PM PST

The Last Hope is released (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.......

For "Epic tale of power and corruption," I think the game is a price match of Walmart's Godfather II at $9.99 :cry:. A good price on Assassin's Creed 2 would be nice though.

For "Limited Edition bundle of the latest installment in a classic series," I think the game is Tekken 6 w/ fighter stick. They probably have loads of those big boxes sitting around and need to clear inventory space :lol:.

I'm guessing that limited edition in a classic series will be Beatles Rock Band Limited Edition. This would price match Dell's online deal from yesterday and I'm sure Amazon wants to unload these as soon as possible before they hit low prices. E.g. Slimer Editions of Ghostbusters

back in august i bought tales of vesperia from amazon when it was a lightning deal for $13.50. i still haven't played it (at this point i'll save it for the spring/summer after i've played all the AAA games of this season), so i'd be a little bummed if it goes below that price.

God damnit, if that deal is ACII i'm gonna be pissed because i am in the middle of a test during 12 PST. I refuse to get my hopes up about it but i have a feeling that i'm gonna get shafted. FML, that is one of the only major game i wanted.

What I really want are Assassin's Creed II and Batman AA.

My guesses for the prices are $40 on ACII and $35 for Batman...I feel those are reasonable estimates. What does everyone else think?

[quote name='ShockandAww']It's funny to see the disappointment. They're probably going to save every single great deal for Black Friday,

Though if that lightning deal is AC2 and it's a good price that'd be nice. AC2 starts off slow but it's a great game. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Tales of Vesperia was a pretty good RPG also from what I played of it. Seems under rated to me.[/QUOTE]

I could see them dropping some bombs on Thanksgiving night, just to keep us on our toes. If one of those games is Assassins Creed 2 for less than $40, and it's only Tuesday, then they could easily have something in store for us by Thursday.

[quote name='cman']Hmmm.......

For "Epic tale of power and corruption," I think the game is a price match of Walmart's Godfather II at $9.99 :cry:. A good price on Assassin's Creed 2 would be nice though.

For "Limited Edition bundle of the latest installment in a classic series," I think the game is Tekken 6 w/ fighter stick. They probably have loads of those big boxes sitting around and need to clear inventory space :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I hope it is AC2 as Amazon used nearly the exact sentence from its product description for the clue. As for Tekken 6, that's probably correct AND awesome.

So:
Fight Night Round 4 (or any fighting or maybe even football game)
Saw the Videogame
Bioshock
Bakugan
PS3 Street Racing Game (does not match the later 360 description for MC:LA)
Batman Arkham Asylum
Assasins Creed 2
Big Game Hunter
DS Lite (though it could be a PSP Go but since they faked us out yesterday...)
Midnight Club LA 360
Assasins Creed 2
Carnival Games
Tekken 6 LE?
Tales of Vesperia
Star Ocean: Last Hope

[quote name='y2jasper']back in august i bought tales of vesperia from amazon when it was a lightning deal for $13.50. i still haven't played it (at this point i'll save it for the spring/summer after i've played all the AAA games of this season), so i'd be a little bummed if it goes below that price.[/QUOTE]

Tales of Vesperia is AMAZING!!!!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Holy crap, time to spend money again...

BioShock, ACII for PS3.

Maybe ToV... still waiting for a NA PS3 release but it's nowhere to be found.

I'm guessing the Limited Edition bundle is Tekken 6... since they don't really have any other LE's in stock that are "classics"

Does anyone know if their BioShock ship with the slipcover or not?[/QUOTE]

I purchased Bioshock from them in August and it was the platinum hits jacket...the only place I still see the slipcover new are Kmarts and Sears...

[quote name='bballsports']I hope it is AC2 as Amazon used nearly the exact sentence from its product description for the clue. As for Tekken 6, that's probably correct AND awesome.[/QUOTE]

Punched into google (as stated earlier) hit #1 was Chinatown Wars which just came out for the PSP as well and then ACII... wonder how Amazon is gonna swing this one.

Damn, I hope it's not Assassin's Creed II already as some have guessed. I'll be gone when that deal hits. It will definitely be claimed by the time I get home two hours later.

Looks to be Assassins Creed 2...Im guessing the other games will have this same little paragraph but here is on both the ps3 and 360 page for AC2

Looking for a Black Friday deal?
Limited quantities of this item are available at a discount for a limited time today. Visit the Black Friday page to see all Video Games deals.
› See more product promotions

[quote name='vicks']I purchased Bioshock from them in August and it was the platinum hits jacket...the only place I still see the slipcover new are Kmarts and Sears...[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm I bought mine sometime after I got Arkham Asylum and I got the slipcover so maybe they ship them at random.

[quote name='bballsports']I hope it is AC2 as Amazon used nearly the exact sentence from its product description for the clue. As for Tekken 6, that's probably correct AND awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I think that Amazon made the same mistake with Tekken 6 LE that they made with their exclusive Slimer's edition of Ghostbusters. They severely overestimated the demand for those games at their crazy high release prices. Now they're forced to unload unsold inventory at heavily reduced prices. Good news for us :D.

lol... googling some of these hints brings up this CAG thread and another one neogaf. These forum threads are already being indexed by google and screwing up the search results. ;)

[quote name='vicks']I purchased Bioshock from them in August and it was the platinum hits jacket...the only place I still see the slipcover new are Kmarts and Sears...[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the PS3 version, and I've gotten PS3 games with slipcovers before from Amazon (Fallout 3 GOTY most recently). BioShock is just an old game, so I'm wondering.

Also, what do you guys do if you want more than 1 Lightning Deal but they go live at different times? Can you combine them somehow so that the total is over $25 and eligible for free shipping? Because I don't want to pay separately twice for slow shipping.

Bonus question... can you add Lightning Deals to existing orders if you call up CS? I've added a billion things to my never-ending ECA discounted order and it'd be amazing to double-dip in the savings.

Not to mention it gives me FFSS on Lightning Deals which aren't over $25...

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I was talking about the PS3 version, and I've gotten PS3 games with slipcovers before from Amazon (Fallout 3 GOTY most recently). BioShock is just an old game, so I'm wondering.

Also, what do you guys do if you want more than 1 Lightning Deal but they go live at different times? Can you combine them somehow so that the total is over $25 and eligible for free shipping? Because I don't want to pay separately twice for slow shipping.

Bonus question... can you add Lightning Deals to existing orders if you call up CS? I've added a billion things to my never-ending ECA discounted order and it'd be amazing to double-dip in the savings.

Not to mention it gives me FFSS on Lightning Deals which aren't over $25...[/QUOTE]

If the item was 25.00 before the discount, it will qualify for F.S.S.S.

As for double dipping with an ECA order and a lightening deal, I imagine YMMV with Amazon CS. Most will probably say no, but you may get lucky. I imagine beyond doubling up ECA codes, this would be an even grayer area.

Amazon failed me with dj hero I mean only 25% off that is worse than the $40 gift card. Also will ac2 be for 360 or ps3?

[quote name='vicks']If the item was 25.00 before the discount, it will qualify for F.S.S.S.

As for double dipping with an ECA order and a lightening deal, I imagine YMMV with Amazon CS. Most will probably say no, but you may get lucky. I imagine beyond doubling up ECA codes, this would be an even grayer area.[/QUOTE]

Well BioShock is sitting at $18.XX before the Lightning Deal, so it's definitely not enough for FSSS. Issue is, the rest of what I want is later in the day, so the only way I'd get free shipping on them is to try and call up CS and add them onto my existing order anyways.

Worth a shot, I'll report back if it works... I talked to CS already about doing it but they said call back when it goes live. They "think" they can do it, since they can still add items to the order on their end.

Since AC2 just recently came out and I'm not expecting any deals on it, I was thinking that "Epic tale of power and corruption," could be the God of War Collection but seeing how there are two of these, it has to be a multi-platform game (360, PS3). So here's hoping for AC2 and not The Godfather like someone else mentioned earlier.

Looking at the calendar of upcoming deals, the upcoming amazon deals, while not as numerous or insane as some were expecting, are pretty competitive and all of decent quality. Could this really be the entirety or majority of Amazon's Black Friday offerings for this year or will we see a ton of random price drops on random games come Black Friday?????? I'm starting to think that the former is true and that these could be it :cry:.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Is Star Ocean any good? And can you play it having not played any of the previous installments?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's standalone, and the camera angle is kind of wonky. I never finished it, due to a bunch of shit coming out but I plan on going back to it.

[quote name='Indignate']Since AC2 just recently came out and I'm not expecting any deals on it, I was thinking that "Epic tale of power and corruption," could be the God of War Collection but seeing how there are two of these, it has to be a multi-platform game (360, PS3). So here's hoping for AC2 and not The Godfather like someone else mentioned earlier.[/QUOTE]

Definitely AC2. Says so in the box description:

Confront an epic tale of power and corruption as you hone your ancient but deadly art.

[quote name='vx2']Definitely AC2. Says so in the box description:[/QUOTE]

Heh, well that helps to keep us guessing...or maybe they want us to know.

I smell conspiracy.

[quote name='tominater12']Amazon failed me with dj hero I mean only 25% off that is worse than the $40 gift card. Also will ac2 be for 360 or ps3?[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I was expecting a huge discount on the original, not a crappy discount on the Renegade.

Shitty deals or not.. there is some potential with the lightning deals. I've been waiting for another ToV deal (missed the $15 one) especially.

you are all wrong today is the day they run the My...Series of DS games for all these deals.....sigh I remember back in the day when we would all stay up for a sale, only to find out the items all where My Horse and Me: Riding for Gold etc etc....

[quote name='etcrane']Assassins Creed 2 - $40 to $45 ... I think anyone hoping for $30 is crazy ... but that's just me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah both versions are in the top 20 selling video games for all systems. I think they'd probably just make it 44.00 like L4D2 and the others they dropped. Still a good deal for it.

I hope they plan to sell another DS tomorrow as I missed it yesterday and i will miss it today because i have class. Oh well, I just hope Amazon has something huge for Black Friday.

so currently PS3 Deals

Walmart:
Ps3 Slim + Arkham Asylum + inFamous + Dark Knight Blu Ray = 300

Amazon
Ps3 Slim + 2 Unknown games = 300 (?)

What other deals do you guys know of?
Which one is the best one?

[quote name='Diebythesword']Maybe the limited edition of the game from a classic series is Raiden IV![/QUOTE]
Blasphemy! :hot:

[quote name='cRodz']Blasphemy! :hot:[/QUOTE]

It does fit the description ;)

edit- I was thinking about the bundle so It may not....haha. But it does come bundled with a soundtrack

[quote name='cRodz']so currently PS3 Deals

Walmart:
Ps3 Slim + Arkham Asylum + inFamous + Dark Knight Blu Ray = 300

Amazon
Ps3 Slim + 2 Unknown games = 300 (?)

What other deals do you guys know of?
Which one is the best one?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop also has a ps3 deal. It comes with Little Big Planet GOTY and God of War collection.

[quote name='Diebythesword']It does fit the description ;)

edit- I was thinking about the bundle so It may not....haha. But it does come bundled with a soundtrack[/QUOTE]
those words only go against the word of the God almighty!
i really want Raiden :cry:
[quote name='Diebythesword']Best Buy comes with Ratchet and LBP[/QUOTE]
is that in store or online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back