Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Lightning Deals Every Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10321[/IMG-R][preview]Amazon Black Friday Deals Week kicks off now! According to Amazon, "These limited-supply offers will go quickly but we'll add new ones throughout the day, every day". We'll try to keep this post as up-to-date as possible, but check the Amazon Black Friday Deals Week Page often so you don't miss out!

iconamazon.gif
Amazon Black Friday Deals Week - Video Games

Tuesday's Deals (discussion starts here)
Clues or Guesses listed below. Title and price revealed at times listed below.

6AM PST / 9AM EST
:360: Smackdown vs Raw 2010 $39.98

8AM PST / 11AM EST
:360: Saw $39.98

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:pc: Bioshock $4.99
:wii: Bakugan Battle Brawlers $25
:ps3: Need for Speed: Undercover $10

10AM PST / 1PM EST
:360: Batman Arkham Asylum [Collector's Edition] $49.99

12PM PST / 3PM EST

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II $49.98
:ds: Metallic Rose DS Lite $97.98
:360: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 $23.99
:360: Midnight Club: LA $10
:wii: Carnival Games $10

3PM PST / 6PM EST
:360: Tekken 6 Limited Edition Bundle $59.98

6PM PST / 9PM EST
:360: Tales of Vesperia $14.98

8PM PST / 11PM EST
:360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $25.98

[/preview]

Upcoming Featured Deals (thanks, Darkchaos91)

Tuesday:

• :360: DJ Hero Bundle with Turntable
Wednesday:

• :360: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • :ps3: Guitar Hero Smash Hits
  • :wii: Rapala: We Fish with Rod Bundle
Thursday:

• :wii: We Ski and Snowboard
  • :ps3: Tekken 6
Friday:

• :ds: Nintendo DSi Bundle with 5 Pre-installed Titles
  • :360: Xbox 360 Bundle with 2 Games
  • :360: Xbox 360 Limited-Edition Console
  • :ps3: PlayStation 120 GB Bundle with 2 Games

Deal History

Monday's Lightning Deals - Expired:[hiddenlist]

9AM PST / 12PM EST
:wii: New Play Control! Pikmin $14.98
:ps3: COD 4: GOTY Edition $25
:360: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:ps3: Rock Band 2 Special Edition $70
:wii: Big Beach Sports $10
:360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $25

12PM PST / 3PM EST Guesses or Clues below:
:wii: COD: World at War $27
:ds: Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black $97.98
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
The DSi and this DS deal are both very tempting. It probably wouldn't be if I didn't still have a $30 console coupon though. Two of the 5 free apps included with the Metallic Blue DSi are "Mario Calculator" and "Mario Clock" which don't really count as titles in my book.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I really hope that amazon has some of their OWN deals and not just play tag-along and price match ONLY competitor's prices... I mean every lightning deal was a price match today.[/QUOTE]

I think the lightning deals over the week will be mainly price matches while Black Friday will see the real stuff.

[quote name='Penguin1084']I really hope that amazon has some of their OWN deals and not just play tag-along and price match ONLY competitor's prices... I mean every lightning deal was a price match today.[/QUOTE]

I missed where :360::ps3:RB2 SE was on sale for $70 on Black Friday....

Personally I hope they match some more, I'd love to pick up L4D2, DAO, and NBA 2K10 without having to brave the crowds on Friday.

Dammit, why did I buy a black DSi when I knew Nintendo would release a bazillion colors? Metallic Blue looks so pretty. (didn't realize it was coming here til today)

Are there better DS sales we know of for Black Friday besides the Walmart one this is PMing?

So the RB2 Bundle is sitting in my cart and marked as claimed on the deals page. At my initial cart it says "Special Price: $70.00" and then on the following page it says $99.00. I figured that was no big deal and went on to the final page where it gives me my entire total with tax and has one more confirm button, but the total is still 30 bucks too high. What's the deal?

[quote name='Yeargdribble']So the RB2 Bundle is sitting in my cart and marked as claimed on the deals page. At my initial cart it says "Special Price: $70.00" and then on the following page it says $99.00. I figured that was no big deal and went on to the final page where it gives me my entire total with tax and has one more confirm button, but the total is still 30 bucks too high. What's the deal?[/QUOTE]

Have Amazon call you through the "Call Me" links on their "Help" page to get it straightened out (maybe-- some have had luck, some haven't ).

[quote name='Yeargdribble']So the RB2 Bundle is sitting in my cart and marked as claimed on the deals page. At my initial cart it says "Special Price: $70.00" and then on the following page it says $99.00. I figured that was no big deal and went on to the final page where it gives me my entire total with tax and has one more confirm button, but the total is still 30 bucks too high. What's the deal?[/QUOTE]

You let it sit in your cart for too long and the deal expired. And it lists it as claimed weather or not you actually buy the item.

[quote name='vx2']70$. Hmmm, how are the Rock Band 2 instruments btw?[/QUOTE]

the instruments are fine if you are new to the whole music game genre, but the guitars from RB are so inferior to guitar hero. It's just a shame guitar hero & rock band couldnt combine to make probably the greatest music games ever. I really enjoy the RB games over the GH games, it's just the insruments are better quality from GH.

[quote name='kidu']I missed where :360::ps3:RB2 SE was on sale for $70 on Black Friday....[/QUOTE]
1) Today is Monday and RB2 SE was a pre-BF deals.
2) Did you click the link in the first post? All the pre-BF deals will be listed under lightning deals.

When the DSi came out, I was like "Okay, that's neat, but my DS Lite is just fine."

About 3 months later I finally got my hands on one and decided "Okay, that's pretty cool, I'll wait for it to release in White (Which is the color of the rest of my electronics).

Then the white was released, and I stared at it in 30 minutes in Best Buy. And I decided not to get it. I don't know why. Maybe I decided that my Lite was fine.

Now I've got this $155 DSi sitting in front of me with about $20 worth of free content in a color I actually like.

It's a good thing I don't have one of those $30 console coupons or I would have already bought it.

Anyone else really hate how scattered the deals are all over Amazon? or am I missing something? It seems like the Goldbox page has about 90% of them but there are others floating around all over the site...

[quote name='icedrake523']If you have an original DS, get the DSi. If you don't, get the Lite.[/QUOTE]

also if you have GBA games do not get the DSI

Tried emailing when I placed my UFC order, no response or price fix.

Emailed again and within 10 minutes the price was fixed to the correct price :). So if you get a bad customer service rep then contact them again, can't hurt.

[quote name='Justin42']Anyone else really hate how scattered the deals are all over Amazon? or am I missing something? It seems like the Goldbox page has about 90% of them but there are others floating around all over the site...[/QUOTE]
I sort of noticed the same thing too. Would be nice if they listed all the deals in one place like b&m retailers do with ads, but then there are deal sites like CAG. :)

I decided to bite on Call of Duty World at War for the Wii with my $30 credit (threw in Tony Hawk's Underground 2 for original X-Box for $5.56 as well) instead of the Ghostbusters Slimer Edition. The Slimer statue is cool but I couldn't justify paying $10 when my price point for the game itself is closer to $20. I know CoD:WaW isn't shit compared to the HD versions, but the CoD games seem to hold their value a lot longer than this Ghostbuster game is.

Oh yeah, just wanted to give a shout out to CheapyD for creating this sticky thread. Saw people thank the OP of the separate thread for RB2 SE and thought CheapyD deserved props too.

nice i was waiting on amazon to have a sale on the ds lite for $100 so i could use my $30 coupon. i needed a second one for my brother so i bit on the deal. after the coupon and $30 in video game credit, i paid $38 in gift cards.

The deal for UFC finally worked so i went ahead and ordered it for $25. I think it'll be a fun game to play in groups of UFC fans.

I had to finally pull the trigger on getting a Rock Bang game. $70 for the entire set, plus I had a $10 credit from Left 4 Dead that expires in January. The only game I may get between now and then is the Army of Two sequel so I was worried my $10 credit may not get used anyway.

Quick question, will my Guitar Hero guitars (I have the wired from 2 and wireless from 3) work with Rock Band 2?

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']I had to finally pull the trigger on getting a Rock Bang game. $70 for the entire set, plus I had a $10 credit from Left 4 Dead that expires in January. The only game I may get between now and then is the Army of Two sequel so I was worried my $10 credit may not get used anyway.

Quick question, will my Guitar Hero guitars (I have the wired from 2 and wireless from 3) work with Rock Band 2?[/QUOTE]

yeah they work with rock band.

A shame none of these deals compare to any of GoGamer's colored Friday deals.

Really looking forward to your rainbow spectrum Friday deals again, GoGamer!

[quote name='dapunisure'] It's just a shame guitar hero & rock band couldnt combine to make probably the greatest music games ever.[/QUOTE]

guitar hero 1 & 2 were made by both harmonix (rock band guys) & whoever is doing guitar hero now. they split after 2.

rockband instruments are good and no way bad, but the buttons are a slight better on red octane guitars. its all preference really.

[quote name='Doomed']Bought a DS Lite for $80 after GC - did I make the right decision?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great buy to me! The DSi isn't worth it and full GBA capabilities make the DS lite invaluable. Congrats!

I just have to say I LOVE buying stuff from Amazon (especially for those of us with prime). My Rock Band 2 has already shipped and will be here Wednesday. ;) My other 3 orders I suspect will be here then as well, but I haven't got the e-mail yet. Plus with no tax, I wish I could buy all my stuff from Amazon. lol

CRAP!!

I missed the DS Lite deal. How dare I actually work when there are HOT DEALS to be had, SOB!! :wall:

If anyone got a spare and wants to share contact me please.

Now what else am I missing

[quote name='jpatern']I need to look at Amazon, is DJ Hero tonight or tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Check the OP, it's tomorrow.

It also has everything else listed as well.

The deals were:
New Play Control! Pikmin for Wii - $14.98
COD4: GOTY PS3 - $25.00
Rock Band 2 Special Edition X-box 360/PS3 - $70.00
Big Beach Sports Wii - $10.00
UFC 2009 Undisputed X-box 360 - $25.00
Nintendo DS Lite Crimson/Black - $97.98
COD:WAW Wii - $27.00

It's odd that they pulled the PS3 + 2 Games bundle off of their calendar. Any ideas on what they may be up to? (Because if they are still having a deal on it, Friday or not, that'd save me one huge-ass headache on Friday. Crazed shoppers and waiting in the cold be damned.)

[quote name='sterlingice']I just wish the GBA didn't stick out of the DSLite :(
[/QUOTE]
This plus the fact that the screen doesn't look as good when playing GBA games and the added size of the machine when playing GBA is wasted. If I'm actually playing a GBA game I will use my SP+, I only use the GBA slot in my DS Lite for Pokémon to transfer into the DS games.

The DSi is a great handheld. I really love the matte finish and the buttons feel good. The added screen size is noticeable but minor, I'm enjoying the screen quality as well. I've read that some of the newer DS Lites don't have the same quality screen as the original DS Lites. Not sure on what screen the DSi's have but I like it.

DSiWare is finally coming around with a handful of decent titles out. With more on the way and newer DSiWare compatible units being made like the DSi XL, I think we'll see even more DSiWare titles in the near future. Just really happy to see Amazon listing the DSi Mario Bundles early AND having the price marked down to compete with the big box retailers gift card giveaways. I'd rather just have a straight price cut, no getting up early, and shipped to my door free with Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back